20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 445.
#9251 2 years ago

I received my Glow in the Dark rubber from Titan. Man, these things are way more green in person than the pics and videos I have seen. Hoping that they will look a lot better once installed and with the lights on.

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Hey Guys,
I am trying to fix a friend’s premium. His TK is not pinching but the ball does not roll over it. It is literally getting stuck at the base.
What other adjustments should I be looking for?

Did you go through the entire key post? Does he have the updated ramp cover?

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I received my Glow in the Dark rubber from Titan. Man, these things are way more green in person that the pics and videos I have seen. Hoping that they will look a lot better once installed and with the lights on.

Takes getting used to, but worth it IMO.

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes and so worth it, look awesome in the upside down.

#9255 2 years ago

Looking to fix my TK lock tonight as in the week I've had the game, for some reason it has gone from rejecting about 1 out of 3 to 9 out of 10. Using @chuckwurt's helpful key post as the guide. Is it still worth doing if I don't have the replacement ramp cover, or is it pretty crucial and I should just wait for it?

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you go through the entire key post? Does he have the updated ramp cover?

Hey Chuck, yes the only thing I did not try was unmounting the ramp from bottom.
But followed all the other intructions on the pdf’s and your post.

I was able to move the ramp forward a bit just by unscrewing the nut over the coil assembly and the two machibe screws next to the ramp as per the pdf.
It improved but the rejects are still there.
The ramp might need to come forward a bit.

No new cover on this ramp.

The only thing that isnt clear on the intruction is how to adjust vertically. This one is ok at 2” but not sure how to adjust for less or more, I checked the distance and it was ok but did not know how to change it so I did no experiments there.

My next bet would be to unscrew the ramp as much as possible but not being my game I will let him figure it out. Apparently the distro is sending a tech.

#9257 2 years ago

You simply push the diverter arm down to lower it.

You shouldn’t get rejects at all. Something wasn’t done right. One of the most important adjustments is moving the ramp as far forward to the player as possible.

Hopefully the tech is bringing the update ramp cover.

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Looking to fix my TK lock tonight as in the week I've had the game, for some reason it has gone from rejecting about 1 out of 3 to 9 out of 10. Using chuckwurt's helpful key post as the guide. Is it still worth doing if I don't have the replacement ramp cover, or is it pretty crucial and I should just wait for it?

The ramp cover isn’t needed, but makes the adjustments way easier. Flipper fans are a must too.

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The ramp cover isn’t needed, but makes the adjustments way easier. Flipper fans are a must too.

From what I can tell neither Pink Monk or Vireland have these in stock right now?

#9260 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

From what I can tell neither Pink Monk or Vireland have these in stock right now?

Wouldn’t be surprised. I think he was waiting on parts.

#9261 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You simply push the diverter arm down to lower it.
You shouldn’t get rejects at all. Something wasn’t done right. One of the most important adjustments is moving the ramp as far forward to the player as possible.
Hopefully the tech is bringing the update ramp cover.

It was moved forward as far as possible without removing the screws at the flap (because it was not in the instructions sent by Stern) I had only saw that after I had left... so I think that would be the only thing that remains...

I am not sure what you mean by pushing it down to adjust vertically, is this done with the bracket loosened up I presume? because it was not my game I did not want to try or pry so I did not do this, it was also at 2" so I left it alone.

Anyway, his TK works like crap, it is actually very frustrating...

Mine would have rejects too, I think it needs a little tiny tune up but this thing is so finicky that I will not touch until I get the new cover which I have already requested from Stern.

#9262 2 years ago

It was moved forward as far as possible without removing the screws at the flap (because it was not in the instructions sent by Stern) I had only saw that after I had left... so I think that would be the only thing that remains...

Read the rest of the post outside of the stern PDFs. It has lots of information that you need to try/consider outside of their instructions.

It shouldn’t be possible for the ball to get rejected if adjusted properly. The ball shouldn’t touch the diverter until it has already made the turn. If it’s getting rejects, the ramp isn’t far enough out from the wall, the diverter isn’t adjusted right via the set screws behind the wall, or both. Every mm of adjustment to this mech will change things drastically.

I am not sure what you mean by pushing it down to adjust vertically, is this done with the bracket loosened up I presume? because it was not my game I did not want to try or pry so I did not do this, it was also at 2" so I left it alone.

Engage the diverter by hand, put your thumb on the end of the diverter and push down.

#9263 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from JWE:

Yes and so worth it, look awesome in the upside down.

So I put the GLITD rubbers from Titan Pinball on my SThLE today. After I put them on and turned the game on I still really wasn't sure about these.

Then the UV kit kicked in during Upside Down. CRAZY. You guys were right, completely worth it! I doubt I would ever use these on other pins, but on STh with the UV kit it's perfect!

IMG_3941 (resized).jpegIMG_3941 (resized).jpeg
#9264 2 years ago

Yeah there’s literally no other application for this rubber color. Haha.

#9265 2 years ago

I also messed around with my TK lock today. I tried to move the left ramp closer to the player. The ramp seemed to move very little, but I did what I could. I also made sure the diverter was no more than 2" high off the ramp.

I was always of the opinion that the main issue on my TK lock was that the ball just wasn't getting up there fast enough. So I also waxed the pf in front of the left ramp to make it play a bit faster. This, combined with my new flipper rubber from Titan Pinball, made if feel like I cranked up the flipper power by a large margin.

After playing about 5 or so games, my TK lock percentage was 100%! I was getting all 3 balls locked in the magnet before starting TK MB. Not sure what helped the most, but my feeling is that the new Titan rubber is really making the game play faster and is probably helping the lock more than anything.

Played a few more games, and the lock wasn't working 100% of the time, but I could tell it was because the ball was not traveling fast enough. Seemed pretty obvious that the flipper fade had kicked in and I need the cooling fans.

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Read the rest of the post outside of the stern PDFs. It has lots of information that you need to try/consider outside of their instructions.
It shouldn’t be possible for the ball to get rejected if adjusted properly. The ball shouldn’t touch the diverter until it has already made the turn. If it’s getting rejects, the ramp isn’t far enough out from the wall, the diverter isn’t adjusted right via the set screws behind the wall, or both. Every mm of adjustment to this mech will change things drastically.

Engage the diverter by hand, put your thumb on the end of the diverter and push down.

--- Sorry, still not clear for me. Are the screws on the back (holding the assembly) tight or loose when you adjust this vertically?

#9267 2 years ago

--- Sorry, still not clear for me. Are the screws on the back (holding the assembly) tight or loose when you adjust this vertically?

You don’t need to loosen anything to push the diverter arm down. Just push it down. Haha

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So I put the GLITD rubbers from Titan Pinball on my SThLE today. After I put them on and turned the game on I still really wasn't sure about these.
Then the UV kit kicked in during Upside Down. CRAZY. You guys were right, completely worth it! I doubt I would ever use these on other pins, but on STh with the UV kit it's perfect![quoted image]

They are awesome looking when the UV lights turn on, but for me, I am going back to superbands. My Titan kit didn't last more than 100 games.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

They are awesome looking when the UV lights turn on, but for me, I am going back to superbands. My Titan kit didn't last more than 100 games.

Only problem 100 games? That’s like buying new tires and only lasting 1000 miles. What a rip off.

#9270 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Mine have been on since I got the UV kit. So over 1500 games so far and still going strong. Did you get the right sizes?

#9271 2 years ago

Try standard purple perfect play from Pinball life...check it out! Just the flippers done in my recent pf swap.

20210402_102009 (resized).jpg20210402_102009 (resized).jpg
#9272 2 years ago

Thanks Cleland.. Great job on the remix.....boom!

#9273 2 years ago

Finally got all of the Darkstar 9 material I needed and installed it everywhere it works.

Works amazingly well on the ramps (from what I had read and experienced, this wasn't the case for other materials).

I also made (in CAD for 3d printing) partial cones for the sling LEDs, which made a significant difference, and also a custom left billboard. I could make these freely available with instructions if others would want them.

Black levels on the drops and main board are nearly pitch black in person--looks more like a TV screen now.

Can see the factory white decals on the ramp sides and right billboard (too sharp of an angle for the screen material to work there).

I've since adjusted some of my projector settings to be better centered, but the video gives a great idea of what is possible. Again, I also made changes to the light levels and various masking of light toward the screen.

Will post more details if others are interested in the whole process.

20210406_234259 (resized).jpg20210406_234259 (resized).jpg

#9274 2 years ago

what kind of mileage are you guys getting out of the post sleeves behind the drop down targets? Mine look like they gonna cut in half soon only after 300+ games...

This is somewhat annoying as it looks like I have both ramps and the demogorgon to replace the post sleeves... Is this the case?... I have not spent a long time looking at it but it does seem like that is the case... and I am not too impressed to say the least.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Finally got all of the Darkstar 9 material I needed and installed it everywhere it works.
Works amazingly well on the ramps (from what I had read and experienced, this wasn't the case for other materials).
I also made (in CAD for 3d printing) partial cones for the sling LEDs, which made a significant difference, and also a custom left billboard. I could make these freely available with instructions if others would want them.
Black levels on the drops and main board are nearly pitch black in person--looks more like a TV screen now.
Can see the factory white decals on the ramp sides and right billboard (too sharp of an angle for the screen material to work there).
I've since adjusted some of my projector settings to be better centered, but the video gives a great idea of what is possible. Again, I also made changes to the light levels and various masking of light toward the screen.

[quoted image]

I am very interested as I hate the image quality that was put in the stock game, the projector looks like crap and yours looks amazing.

#9276 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Try standard purple perfect play from Pinball life...check it out! Just the flippers done in my recent pf swap.[quoted image]

love these! so awesome, they are very needed!

#9277 2 years ago

I am very interested as I hate the image quality that was put in the stock game, the projector looks like crap and yours looks amazing.

Yeah, the projector image definitely gets washed out too easily. The black levels are bad. Something like this dedicated home theater screen material is exactly what is needed.

#9278 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

Holy shit that looks amazing. Nice work! Definitely interested.

#9279 2 years ago

ok here is my last message after the most recent landslide of messages.

Found a couple spots in the PF where the ball guides rub and most likely will eat up the PF, I was wondering if anybody else spotted any other troublesome spots.

Mine are:

Right orbit, right hand side of the orbit backing into the pops, approximately halfway under the DEMO the guide will rub. Found lots of clear coat powder under the rubber in the pops section. You guys should take a look there too in case yours is digging.
If you guys can't make out the location I will later on take a pic.

The second problematic spot is the ball guide leading into the pops, on the right hand side of the right ramp. It is a short piece and the first 2-3 inches by the ramp entrance are floating, meaning that it flexes on ball impact and it scratches the PF there as well. This area is less problematic that the one I mentioned previously BUT since it looks like ALL ramps have to be removed to address this (because the removal of the demo is needed) might as well do them all at the same time.

This ties into my previous post about the sleeves by the drop down targets, mine are almost destroyed and I am not sure yet but it looks like half the game has to be disassembled to get to these 2 sleeves... Very stupid design if that is the case.

#9280 2 years ago

It was making me feel nausea and I pretty much didn't touch the game until I got it to this point recently.

There's a lot in the projections that is completely missed/invisible with the factory material. Whole different experience now (truly amazing in person).

I'll post later on (may be tomorrow) with all the methods I used with links for the double sided tape sheets, screen material, etc. (about 5 sheets of Darkstar 9 samples is recommended). I could also upload my 3D files with instructions when back at my PC.

#9281 2 years ago

Hey Everyone! My stranger things LE won best modern game at the Pinbrew fest this weekend! Been running strong the whole time, but I think my TK lock may have slipped out of adjustment. It’s not horrible, but not as smooth as before.

#9282 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey Everyone! My stranger things LE won best modern game at the Pinbrew fest this weekend! Been running strong the whole time, but I think my TK lock may have slipped out of adjustment. It’s not horrible, but not as smooth as before.

Ironically I was going to post about how my TK lock was working at close to 100% after doing the adjustments, but a week and half later it seems like it has fallen out of adjustment.

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'll post later on (may be tomorrow) with all the methods I used with links for the double sided tape sheets, screen material, etc. (about 5 sheets of Darkstar 9 samples is recommended). I could also upload my 3D files with instructions when back at my PC.

I think the real issue is going to be obtaining 5 sheets of Darkstar 9 samples. Especially if Pinsiders make a run on it.

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think the real issue is going to be obtaining 5 sheets of Darkstar 9 samples. Especially if Pinsiders make a run on it.

Unfortunately this may be the case...

#9285 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironically I was going to post about how my TK lock was working at close to 100% after doing the adjustments, but a week and half later it seems like it has fallen out of adjustment.

Mines been solid for 6 months, but I can tell I need to move the mech a bit. I guess the lock tite didn’t hold.

#9286 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

This looks great!! The best one I’ve seen yet.

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

Dang. That looks great!

#9288 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mines been solid for 6 months, but I can tell I need to move the mech a bit. I guess the lock tite didn’t hold.

there is a lot of vibration by all the coils on the back, I am sure that will not help, not to mention the inertia generated by the diverter, it just happens to be in the same direction the whole assemble adjusts.

#9289 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

that sounds great. congrats!

#9290 2 years ago
EDE8F0BC-43A2-430C-8FFD-3FDDDF410E60 (resized).jpegEDE8F0BC-43A2-430C-8FFD-3FDDDF410E60 (resized).jpeg
#9291 2 years ago

At first I was confused what was going on with that pic chuckwurt . Congrats. Dying to go to something like that.

#9292 2 years ago

I am trying to figure out this little issue with the post sleeves by the drop down targets, lol, stop ignoring me guys!

Sorry @chuckwurt, it is just that you are stealing all the attention.... lol

#9293 2 years ago

Anyone else get their topper yet? I ordered day 1 from Flip n Out pinball. Nothing yet.

#9294 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone else get their topper yet? I ordered day 1 from Flip n Out pinball. Nothing yet.

Nope. I ordered with Trent and he hasn't gotten his yet. LSOG has some kind of shyster deal with Stern.

#9295 2 years ago

Be patient fellas it’s worth it!

470456C1-E968-4909-A5AB-CF996481A1AD (resized).jpeg470456C1-E968-4909-A5AB-CF996481A1AD (resized).jpegCDA2A6A3-4A74-4ABF-A34E-C325EA8B109F (resized).jpegCDA2A6A3-4A74-4ABF-A34E-C325EA8B109F (resized).jpeg
#9296 2 years ago

Traded my Stranger Things Premium for a TMNT Premium yesterday. So I'll be ducking out of this thread. But I wanted to thank everyone here that offered tips and advice.

I will see some of you in the TMNT Thread.

#9297 2 years ago

I am trying to figure out this little issue with the post sleeves by the drop down targets, lol, stop ignoring me guys!
Sorry chuckwurt, it is just that you are stealing all the attention.... lol

My post sleeves are fine. Going on 2k plays.

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My post sleeves are fine. Going on 2k plays.

Really? Why are mine so banged up?

Also, am I crazy or does it look like it the demo has to be taken all out to change these out?

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Traded my Stranger Things Premium for a TMNT Premium yesterday. So I'll be ducking out of this thread. But I wanted to thank everyone here that offered tips and advice.
I will see some of you in the TMNT Thread.

I'm considering doing the opposite trade as your's, but with LE's instead.

#9300 2 years ago

Really? Why are mine so banged up?

aliens? Haha. Who knows.

Not sure on how to get to them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/186?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.