20240328_091143 (resized).jpg
20240328_091243 (resized).jpg
20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 445.
#9152 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Mine shipped from LSOG on Monday and due this Friday. Can’t wait to install it.

I'm lucky being 10 miles from the shop, mine was on top of the game Monday night!

#9153 2 years ago

Different strokes...but for some people to throw silly money at toppers while arguing that Premiums are not worth the extra money? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Premiums are literally an upgrade to the gameplay and aesthetics of what you're staring at and playing the entire time. When do you see a topper other than walking around your gameroom admiring your toppers?

If you want to evaluate the cost/benefit of a Prem vs. Pro, that's totally valid. Different people have different opinions, and even those differ from machine to machine based on what you're interested in. I don't judge anyone for cost justifying a Pro. But to say any Premium isn't worth it, while simultaneously throwing crazy money toward a plastic topper that sits on top of the machine?

Everyone should do whatever brings them joy. I'm not hating. I just couldn't possibly understand this philosophy any less.

#9154 2 years ago

I guess the problem, and the reason this seems to come up over and over again, is because new folks join the conversation looking for advice on which one to purchase and to attempt to determine the best choice for them. Maybe we should have a sticky or something that outlines the differences, with no emotions attached, and then refer those questions to the sticky. It's a religious argument almost, that will never be solved because its simply a matter of opinion and value judgment.

For me, personally, I have other things I've bought that are way more expensive, potentially depreciating, and arguably way more irresponsible in the views of some people. But, I couldn't care less because I think they are worth it.

#9155 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I have other things I've bought that are way more expensive, potentially depreciating, and arguably way more irresponsible in the views of some people. But, I couldn't care less because I think they are worth it.

I bought the topper for EHOH and still waiting on stern to make it. So definitely looks irresponsible to many lol. My wife wanted it and it makes her happy so it was worth it for me. Good point

#9156 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My wife wanted it and it makes her happy so it was worth it for me.

This can remove the need for logic from most situations?

#9158 2 years ago

...and here I thought it was $649.

#9159 2 years ago

Beat me to it. Just got the email. I already ordered from Flipn out pinball. Shipping probably cheaper at Marco

#9160 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and here I thought it was $649.

They mark everything up. The UV kit is marked up too, at $289. Not sure why Stern allows that.

#9161 2 years ago

Looking to hopefully be in the club soon. Wasn't too crazy about it when it was first announced. Then my buddy sent me a picture of the topper and a few links to watch some videos of how much this game has progressed. Now I'm actually dying to get it. Just need the funds needed for it. I'm debating whether it's going to be the premium or an LE. I already purchased the topper but was curious if it's true that they're making more UV kits. Any insight on to this would be great. Thank you in advance

#9162 2 years ago

Has anyone received a topper from cointaker yet?

#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Actually the TK lock adds a LOT to game play as you can use/swipe the locked balls on other MB. there's definitely some scoring strategy added there and it changes how you play (for the better).
Projector adds a lot for me. For example seeing my mode timers on the ramp billboard instead of up on the display is awesome. Also the visual cue for which drops still need to be hit is way more intuitive with the projector than without. There's also a definitive coolness factor to it but that's just eye candy.
I'm a pilot and have worked with man/machine interface designs and the intuitiveness that the projector adds is definitely more than subjective. In piloting terms it reduces mental workload and you can focus more on your primary task of ball control/shooting. However it's certainly not necessary and you can play without. It's just better with it.

Great post.

I would add that things like the projector (and even the TK lock) add to the overall atmosphere of the pin, and further enhances the theme immersion. And to me, the theme and the mood that it creates, played a huge factor in me wanting this pin as much as I did. The fact that it also plays great makes the pin a real winner here.

Also, it's pretty darn satisfying locking a ball with the magnet on the backboard (TK lock). Take that magnet away, and locking a ball just became much less satisfying.

#9164 2 years ago

Yeah it makes something as simple as a ball lock a moment instead of an afterthought.

#9165 2 years ago

premium all the way, I can say that this game is very addictive because it gets you going right away, you do not have to build your avengers nor collect gems to win it, you just shoot away and you score, classic pinball so it is easy and fun in the sense that anybody can play it almost instantly, no crazy rules.

All that to say it is growing on me.

#9166 2 years ago

OK, my TK seems to be working very well, however if the shot isn't powerful enough the ball can sometimes roll back and come back down the ramp, translating into a 99.9% SDTM chance...

I will take a look at my TK again to make sure it is not pinching the ball, it technically just has to ride the diverter but should not touch the side of it, correct?

#9167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

OK, my TK seems to be working very well, however if the shot isn't powerful enough the ball can sometimes roll back and come back down the ramp, translating into a 99.9% SDTM chance...
I will take a look at my TK again to make sure it is not pinching the ball, it technically just has to ride the diverter but should not touch the side of it, correct?

Correct.

BTW weak flippers will cause the problem, not the TK lock mech. The flipper cooling from PinMonk works well.

#9168 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always take a small punch and hammer it out gently from the underside.

the posts are screwed in and also held under the PF by a nut, therefore, removing the nut will not remove the post... you have to unscrew it with a 1/4" deep socket. By hammering you are not only doing it incorrectly, but you are making the whole bigger --by taking the threads in the wood with the post-- and it will not screw back in as it should to keep it tight, or not as tight as it could be... it is just not the best practice.

no need to hammer anything in this case.

#9169 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Correct.
BTW weak flippers will cause the problem, not the TK lock mech. The flipper cooling from PinMonk works well.

Yeah I understand that but in this case I am talking 5 minutes into a game, the flippers can't be warm...even after a 30 min game my flipper were cool-ish...

I suspect there is a little pinch, tiny...that plus a less than perfect shot might do it...my tk works very well otherwise... can't complain much.

#9170 2 years ago

the posts are screwed in and also held under the PF by a nut, therefore, removing the nut will not remove the post... you have to unscrew it with a 1/4" deep socket. By hammering you are not only doing it incorrectly, but you are making the whole bigger --by taking the threads in the wood with the post-- and it will not screw back in as it should to keep it tight, or not as tight as it could be... it is just not the best practice.
no need to hammer anything in this case.

Every stern outlane post I’ve ever adjusted it’s not a wood screw. It’s a post with a nut on the bottom. Maybe they changed it. I haven’t adjusted a post in years though. Typically when I get them it’s in the top hole and I leave it there.

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This can remove the need for logic from most situations?

Happy wife happy life.

#9172 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every stern outlane post I’ve ever adjusted it’s not a wood screw.

My STh posts were screwed in as well, and were tough to unscrew. I think I finally got it turning with a pair of vice grips. Drove me a bit nutty.

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every stern outlane post I’ve ever adjusted it’s not a wood screw. It’s a post with a nut on the bottom. Maybe they changed it. I haven’t adjusted a post in years though. Typically when I get them it’s in the top hole and I leave it there.

a 1/4" deep socket is the best tool to take these out, they are designed to be put in and out with one. You also need to hold the post as you are tightening the nut, or it otherwise turns counter clockwise and unscrew itself, the deep socket is the easiest and best tool to use. Get one.
Also a 5/16 wrench underneath does the trick while you hold it on the top with the 1/4" socket. By doing it this way, you do not need to up the PF vertically, you can do everything in the lower service position. Easy-er. To bad they blocked the right post with the ramp or it can otherwise be removed without taking the ramp out. Not a big deal to remove the extra 3 screws plus the red flasher... this game does not have a lot of parts.

For those doing this for the first time= finger tight is sufficient -- literally use 2 fingers on your screwdriver, do not torque it down or you will crack your clear coat. I recommend using a screwdriver type with a socket, so you can measure this by hand. If you use a ratchet you can easily over torque. Once you compress the wood there is no turning back. You can easily ruin a very visible part of your PF if not paying attention.

yeah, I never seen these before either, but the post has thread all the way up and not just the last little bit... so you are right.
the thread isn't meant for wood either, so not sure why they are threaded all the way up but the ones in my AIQ and STTh are definitely held by the threads and the nut underneath....
In the end it will probably won't change much but my main concern is just blowing the top layer of plywood and the art with it as you are tapping it out.

Anyway, I just wanted to point this out only because we were chatting about moving the out lanes recently and wanted to warn people...
I moved mine last night. The game is still quite the same as before but you do have a chance at nudging and saving a ball. Before, anything going to the out lane was lost...

I am not sure I will keep them like this though, as it promotes nudging. lol I tilted the game 3 times today.

#9174 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any word on when the topper will ship?

Received mine from Classic Game Rooms. Topper is way better in person.

#9175 2 years ago

I might move them to the middle then.

My posts were "threaded" into the PF as well. 1/4" deep on top, remove the bottom nut, then unscrew the post from the PF.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

I'm lucky being 10 miles from the shop, mine was on top of the game Monday night!

No pics didn’t happen

#9177 2 years ago

Anyone order topper from Flip n Out pinball and receive any shipping notice?

#9178 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Yeah I understand that but in this case I am talking 5 minutes into a game, the flippers can't be warm...even after a 30 min game my flipper were cool-ish...
I suspect there is a little pinch, tiny...that plus a less than perfect shot might do it...my tk works very well otherwise... can't complain much.

Do you have the new ramp cover? It improved my lock more than I thought it would.

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Correct.

It's been a few months since I added the fans, but I recall noticing an immediate difference in flipper performance, even after just turning the game on. It could be that my coils are damaged, but I think the fans make a difference from the very beginning, not just 45 minutes into a game.

#9180 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It's been a few months since I added the fans, but I recall noticing an immediate difference in flipper performance, even after just turning the game on. It could be that my coils are damaged, but I think the fans make a difference from the very beginning, not just 45 minutes into a game.

No it should not, if that happens to you, most likely need new coil sleeves. Heat only increments with use. My coils are cold-ish even after 30 minutes.

#9181 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Do you have the new ramp cover? It improved my lock more than I thought it would.

I do not have the new ramp cover but I think I would like to try it.I have already sent a message to Pablo and he is sending me some other parts as well.

I upped the flipper strength to 140, the game is WAY too fast with that much power. Huge change for me from 135 to 140, I was shocked...

I am not getting a lot of rejects with either flipper strength and I can attribute 95% of them to less than perfect shots, at any rate, the design on the diverter is quite unfair for the player, it works against you if the shot isn't great, the ball then rolls back and drain down the middle...

I also check my TK assembly and there is no pinch, it came perfectly set up from factory, thanks Stern! The assembly is mounted in a way that does not allow for any adjustments, almost like if they installed so it can easily unmounted/mounted without thinking of the adjustments, in other words, it is mounted in a way that if moved it will pinch it, but if slid all the way over then it is perfect. Easy if I ever need to take it off.

#9182 2 years ago

Wondering where is the auto plunger hitting for you guys? is it always hitting the far left drop down target?

For me it is mostly the first (far left), If I plunge manually then I can hit maybe first and second drop targets. Auto plunge is hit and miss between the 2.

Is it supposed to be like that?

I can't stop playing this game!!! I thought I was going to be bored of it in no time but I keep coming back for more, I am like rat drinking sugar water. lol

I am starting to think that I am enjoying it more than Avengers... AIQ really pisses me off, lol.

#9183 2 years ago

ok, last post for tonight (sorry for the multiple posts but I find it is easier for people to read and also respond to my questions this way... If this is not appropriate forum etiquette please let me know.

I had a few people say to me that adding a subwoofer is a must. Does that mean replacing the sub in the bottom cab for another or adding a second sub?
I think the audio on this game is phenomenal.

My next upgrade would be that and also the UV kit which I have already ordered... I am not a fan of modding the playfield or adding toys that are not OEM but I think I would like to add some colour to it. Who makes the best plastic protectors? I would like something that works well with the UV kit, wondering if anybody made these? so they glow with the UV light as well.

#9184 2 years ago

ok, last post for tonight (sorry for the multiple posts but I find it is easier for people to read and also respond to my questions this way... If this is not appropriate forum etiquette please let me know.
I had a few people say to me that adding a subwoofer is a must. Does that mean replacing the sub in the bottom cab for another or adding a second sub?
My next upgrade would be that and also the UV kit which I have already ordered... I am not a fan of modding the playfield or adding toys that are not OEM but I think I would like to add some colour to it. Who makes the best plastic protectors? I would like something that works well with the UV kit, wondering if anybody made these? so they glow with the UV light as well.

I bought this for my Black Knight Swords of Rage and used my Polk subwoofer and I keep it under the cabinet on the floor.

EBC28CF9-6B15-430D-BBE5-B9251D76177A (resized).jpegEBC28CF9-6B15-430D-BBE5-B9251D76177A (resized).jpeg
#9185 2 years ago

I am not a fan of modding the playfield or adding toys that are not OEM but I think I would like to add some colour to it. Who makes the best plastic protectors? I would like something that works well with the UV kit, wondering if anybody made these? so they glow with the UV light as well.

I don’t know, those ULEK store Hawkins signs are pretty cool IMO. They also have a set of protectors that are tinted blue. In all fairness I don’t know how they look with the UV (I don’t have my game and kit yet) but I bought the protectors as they looked good in the pics. Lol

#9186 2 years ago

External sub is the best way. If you want to see (hear) what that does come on over!

#9187 2 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Has anyone received a topper from cointaker yet?

Ordered mine on 3/24, but no updates on when it will ship yet. Haven't received any emails since the original order confirmation.

#9188 2 years ago

so is the added subwoofer tricking the system into thinking that you have connected headphones? is that what it is?

#9189 2 years ago

so is the added subwoofer tricking the system into thinking that you have connected headphones? is that what it is?

No. Just adding a 3.5mm output port to the stock board in the head. Just allows you to add a sub to the game. You can also just solder speaker wire to the cabinet sub and run out to the external sub too. Same thing.

You’re essentially choosing your output to be an external sub instead of headphones. But I think it’s only grabbing the sound designated for the cabinet sub in the game. Not sure though.

#9190 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Just adding a 3.5mm output port to the stock board in the head. Just allows you to add a sub to the game. You can also just solder speaker wire to the cabinet sub and run out to the external sub too. Same thing.
You’re essentially choosing your output to be an external sub instead of headphones. But I think it’s only grabbing the sound designated for the cabinet sub in the game. Not sure though.

thanks Chuck, is the added sub a mod or can the extra board be bought from Stern.

I like your idea of connecting to the sub in the cab, but wondering why not replacing the sub in the cab directly? I would prefer less stuff lying around the house, lol

#9191 2 years ago

Nothing to do with headphones. I use the 'universal' kit below. It connects directly to the cabinet speaker and less of a hassle than the other versions. If you want to connect more than 1 machine to the external sub (you will want to once you hear the diff), get the 4 in 1 mixer from pinnovators too.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

You can change the sub in the cab but it will never sound as good as external, and it will cause rattling.

#9192 2 years ago

thanks Chuck, is the added sub a mod or can the extra board be bought from Stern.
I like your idea of connecting to the sub in the cab, but wondering why not replacing the sub in the cab directly? I would prefer less stuff lying around the house, lol

An external powered sub is a way better solution. It has its own separate amplifier.

Everyone buys these. It’s the #1 add on for this game outside of the UV kit imo.

Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer - Power Port Technology, Up to 100 Watts, Big Bass in Compact Design, Easy Setup with Home Theater Systems Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QQ455MM9PPYMK51MW5E7

#9193 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Different strokes...but for some people to throw silly money at toppers while arguing that Premiums are not worth the extra money? This makes absolutely no sense to me.
Premiums are literally an upgrade to the gameplay and aesthetics of what you're staring at and playing the entire time. When do you see a topper other than walking around your gameroom admiring your toppers?
If you want to evaluate the cost/benefit of a Prem vs. Pro, that's totally valid. Different people have different opinions, and even those differ from machine to machine based on what you're interested in. I don't judge anyone for cost justifying a Pro. But to say any Premium isn't worth it, while simultaneously throwing crazy money toward a plastic topper that sits on top of the machine?
Everyone should do whatever brings them joy. I'm not hating. I just couldn't possibly understand this philosophy any less.

M

The premium doesn't always improve gameplay though. Just look at games like Sth, AIQ, or the newest black knight. The argument could be made that the premium upgrades either don't improve game play for some machines or can even make game play worse depending on the game and it comes at a more significant cost than a topper. Worse case a topper never makes a game worse for the money and they have value in the secondary market on their own.

#9194 2 years ago

Premiums always offer more in a gameplay experience. 100% of the time. Whether you enjoy that more than the pro offering, that’s going to be your personal preference.

#9195 2 years ago

thanks for that gents Mike and Chuck.

I might get one, Mike I might take you on the offer and would like to hear it. I will reach out.

Now I have read before chuckwurt I think you posted somewhere here about adjusting the ball guides? I am wondering what should be on the lookout for. I find that the demo switches stick out on some places so I am wondering if this is normal, specially the one for the right orbit. I am referring to the one on the left hand side of the right ramp, if a ball rolls back it will bounce off the switch and often land on the left flipper -- it might be it actual design? --

Wondering if you guys did something to improve the right orbit to make it less clunky?

and last, is the auto plunger always hitting the first letter for you guys?

#9196 2 years ago

Yes that orbit feed you have is normal.

No. The right orbit is clunky unless you hit a perfect shot yo there.

I have my auto launch turned down super low. It never hits the drops. I like it to feed the left orbit ball guide/left saucer area instead.

If I want to hit the drops I do it via manual plunge.

#9197 2 years ago

I recently updated code to 1.02 and noticed that when I shoot the extra ball mystery lane it lights the left ramp as if I hit the left ramp. Is this part of the code or a glitch? If it is a glitch is there any way to fix it?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

#9198 2 years ago

Lots of information on the rules here.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

2B1FD4E8-FC2E-4CB4-9BF4-CF7BFA63ED72 (resized).jpeg2B1FD4E8-FC2E-4CB4-9BF4-CF7BFA63ED72 (resized).jpeg
#9199 2 years ago

Got my topper today from LSOG. Looks decent quality wise. Installing momentarily.

4896C90C-E800-451B-BA5D-66FFBFA48761 (resized).jpeg4896C90C-E800-451B-BA5D-66FFBFA48761 (resized).jpeg
#9200 2 years ago

Thank you kindly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/184?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.