StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 444.
#9101 2 years ago

Who sells the flipper fans? Pin Monk? Vireland?

#9102 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who sells the flipper fans? Pin Monk? Vireland?

Yes sir.

#9103 2 years ago

Just a quick update in regards to the audits:

Flashing the card did the trick and the audits now work properly.

#9104 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

If you do the right flipper code with the Cleland code AND start an Upside Down mode, you actually enter the upside down!! The machine turns into the portal!
Ok, just kidding haha. Just a nice subtle sound upgrade. Perfect addition to an amazing shooting machine.

Thanks, I got a chuckle out of this. On a side note, being located in Los Angeles, I finally did the drive through experience. It was pretty fun, some things I would have changed, but all in all a fun interactive experience...even being locked in my car.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

can it also change my bank account please. I need funds for BTTF.

I am also working on this feature for myself to get a BTTF

#9105 2 years ago

Wow. Game of a lifetime. Well ok since I’ve had the game.

Got to Final Showdown but failed at stage 2. (Have completed it in challenge mode - just sucked tonight). I was too excited lol.
However Successfully played and beat both Light the Fire and Send it Back.

What a rush!

2.8B

#9106 2 years ago

Great game! I’ve only reached around 2.7 so far. Been catching a run of really shitty games recently.

#9107 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yup. It’s the lowest I could put the flipper power and still be able to consistently hit the demo mouth. I bet I could go lower now that I have the flipper fans on my game.

Excellent, thanks!

#9108 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great game! I’ve only reached around 2.7 so far. Been catching a run of really shitty games recently.

did you move your Outlane posts? I am debating about doing this or not... have not touch them, they are on the widest setting right now... they are klillers.
wondering what do you guys prefer... I feel like I am cheating if I move them, lol

#9109 2 years ago

Mine came in the widest setting and I left them.

If it makes you feel better, Eddy said they were supposed to be in the middle position from the factory.

#9110 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it makes you feel better, Eddy said they were supposed to be in the middle position from the factory.

I might move them to the middle then.

#9111 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Stranger Things topper just arrived! Love it!

Thanks for the pictures!
Impressive collection

#9112 2 years ago

I might move them to the middle then.

Mine are at the tightest position to make the game more palatable for my gf. Once SW arrives and she deals with how brutal THOSE outlanes are I may be able to re-adjust STh to the middle positions.

#9113 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mine are at the tightest position to make the game more palatable for my gf. Once SW arrives and she deals with how brutal THOSE outlanes are I may be able to re-adjust STh to the middle positions.

blaming the GF now huh? lol

#9114 2 years ago

Sounds legit.

#9115 2 years ago

blaming the GF now huh? lol

Quoted from tp:

Sounds legit.

It IS!!!

Actually I'm lucky enough to have a GF that enjoys pinball as much as I do. She doesn't actually like STh much yet because it's brutal (for her) for some reason. I can't figure it out. I find it way too easy with the outlanes closed. Meh.

On a sadder note I just got an update from my distro. Good news: Topper within 2 weeks. Bad news: UV kit sometime in May.

#9116 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It IS!!!
Actually I'm lucky enough to have a GF that enjoys pinball as much as I do. She doesn't actually like STh much yet because it's brutal (for her) for some reason. I can't figure it out. I find it way too easy with the outlanes closed. Meh.
On a sadder note I just got an update from my distro. Good news: Topper within 2 weeks. Bad news: UV kit sometime in May.

The uv kit turns my wife away from this machine as the light effect really messes with her head. I love it, go figure...

#9117 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It IS!!!

lol we believe you just pulling your leg.
Your bad news also affect me, it sucks though... This game should come with UV kit standard specially at Premium level.

I am slowly starting to enjoy the game now, it is very hard with the open out lanes and it will not forgive any missing shots, so I am playing very strategically, so for me a 200M game is a good game right now but have LOTS of 40 second games. It can get frustrating, also I get to start modes but can't finish them because I drain before the end of the mode...

Now when I do get a good game (at my level so far) it does start to get fun and you see table explode. The TK multi ball and triple jackpot + double scoring is fun and not so easy. It is a fast game that keep you shooting in all angles without much 'strategy'.

I do have a hard time loving it because for me it lacks the level of polishing that Avenger IQ has, the rule depth is somewhat a mix between old school pinball and new school, so not too deep nor too shallow sort of thing, it is ok.

The PF is ok but could be better, I wish it had less faces and more upside down related portions, maybe more lab stuff, more corridors, more 80s stuff and less actors. It is what it is.

The right orbit is very clunky and it bothers me, 50/50 of the shots do not make a clean orbit and it rattles a lot, poor design in my opinion. The demo should have had a ramp under it rather than the mini loop that takes the ball to the lock, way more fun that way in my opinion but it is ok as it is. The ramps are somewhat underwhelming, the best one is the spinner/left orbit. The TK is a gimmick I do not care about, it is cool the first time that is it.

I like it, it is fun, but dont think it will ever be my fave, I will play it for a while and then I think I will pass it along to another pinhead...

#9118 2 years ago

The only thing i'm regretting is that i didn't buy an LE...

who wants to trade?

-the pro is really good though.

#9119 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

The only thing i'm regretting is that i didn't buy an LE...
who wants to trade?
-the pro is really good though.

I just placed my vote in this thread for the LE.

It's amazing how evenly spread out the ownership is among the 3 versions among the people who voted.

#9120 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just placed my vote in this thread for the LE.
It's amazing how evenly spread out the ownership is among the 3 versions among the people who voted.

Motivated me to update my vote. Had premium voted early on, but didn't end up getting one (first one I played had demogorgon issues and lots of left ramp rejects). Wound up with an LE after playing a properly working game.

#9121 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Focus wheel is manual and on the side of the projector itself. In feature diagnostics you can adjust the positions of all the projections. Make sure the interlock switch is enabled when in the test. You should see green images on all the screens.

For the focus wheel...do you have to remove the apron?

#9122 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

For the focus wheel...do you have to remove the apron?

Yes.

#9123 2 years ago

Speaking of pro/prem/LE. What’s the consensus, pro vs premium? And what are the differences, is it just the TK lock and Projector?

#9124 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of pro/prem/LE. What’s the consensus, pro vs premium? And what are the differences, is it just the TK lock and Projector?

Shaking demo.

Everyone that owns a pro prefers that. Everyone that owns a premium prefers that. Haha

Also, added rules for the swipe a ball using the lockbar button and 3x supers in MB in the premium.

#9125 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just moved the posts! lol
wondering, did he really say that? I believe you, why would you lie to me on an internet pinball forum, lol, but curious to know if there is an actual video of him saying this... need to validate to myself I am not cheating, hahahahaha.

#9126 2 years ago

wondering, did he really say that?

Yes. Talked with him about it at LAX 2020 last year in March.

#9127 2 years ago

He actually told me the same thing at LAX 2020 too.

#9128 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Talked with him about it at LAX 2020 last year in March.

He told me the same thing also at LAX 2020.

#9129 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love my pro. I do often think about the upgrade stuff, and even considered moving up. However, realistically it would be at least a $2k upgrade, and I can't quite justify it for no substantial play differences. $2k could get a real home theater projector, LOL. If the right deal ever worked itself out, I would likely do it, but right now the money difference is just to much. If I could do it for $1k, I probably would...but $2k is just too much to swallow for (mostly just) eye candy.

I do not regret the pro at all, but if I could go back and do it again, and money wasn't a concern, I would love a premium or especially an LE.

#9130 2 years ago

Added new mod on my Pro.
I love this pin

FCEE3AB2-B512-4426-85F8-850E9047A62C (resized).jpegFCEE3AB2-B512-4426-85F8-850E9047A62C (resized).jpeg
#9131 2 years ago

Where did you get that mod? Looks fantastic!

#9132 2 years ago

Any word on when the topper will ship?

#9133 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

People are already receiving them.

#9134 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love my pro. I do often think about the upgrade stuff, and even considered moving up. However, realistically it would be at least a $2k upgrade, and I can't quite justify it for no substantial play differences. $2k could get a real home theater projector, LOL. If the right deal ever worked itself out, I would likely do it, but right now the money difference is just to much. If I could do it for $1k, I probably would...but $2k is just too much to swallow for (mostly just) eye candy.
I do not regret the pro at all, but if I could go back and do it again, and money wasn't a concern, I would love a premium or especially an LE.

Totally agree. The up charge to a premium was not worth it. The added items on the premium for more than $2000 was not not justified for me. I got a demo pro for $5399 shipped with 1900 plays.

All the issues with the TK ball lock was also something I factored in. It’s cool but adds nothing to the actual game play as does the projector.

STh pro vs premium is like TNMT. The up charge was not worth it and problems with the ball lock there also.

#9135 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People are already receiving them.

Hopefully I hear something from Zach soon and won’t have to wait too long to receive it.

#9136 2 years ago

What is an example of something that adds to gameplay? The TK lock and the projector add a lot to the gameplay. It makes the game more fun.

I never think the premium is worth the up charge, but I almost always think the premium version of each game is the most fun.

#9137 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What is an example of something that adds to gameplay? The TK lock and the projector add a lot to the gameplay. It makes the game more fun.
I never think the premium is worth the up charge, but I almost always think the premium version of each game is the most fun.

I can't believe you're bringing your LE to Pinbrew.

#9138 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t forget the shaking demogorgan. Really adds a lot of energy to the centerpiece shot.

#9139 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't believe you're bringing your LE to Pinbrew.

Why?

It will be at Pincinnati too and used in the tournaments all weekend. GASP!

#9140 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Don’t forget the shaking demogorgan. Really adds a lot of energy to the centerpiece shot.

Yep. Timed with the shaker it definitely adds to the experience.

#9141 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why?
It will be at Pincinnati too and used in the tournaments all weekend. GASP!

That's your baby...isn't it the first LE you bought? (See?...I pay attention!)

Wish I could go and meet you in person!

#9142 2 years ago

It’s my first LE yep. Doesn’t change the way I treat my games. They all get played and they all get taken to shows.

#9143 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Timed with the shaker it definitely adds to the experience.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but it's more challenging when it shakes (which adds to the fun), because if you shoot the ball at it while it's shaking, it's harder to make the shot.

#9144 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Not sure if this is what you meant, but it's more challenging when it shakes (which adds to the fun), because if you shoot the ball at it while it's shaking, it's harder to make the shot.

For whatever reason on mine it goes in easier if it’s shaking. Haha

#9145 2 years ago

All the issues with the TK ball lock was also something I factored in. It’s cool but adds nothing to the actual game play as does the projector.

Actually the TK lock adds a LOT to game play as you can use/swipe the locked balls on other MB. there's definitely some scoring strategy added there and it changes how you play (for the better).

Projector adds a lot for me. For example seeing my mode timers on the ramp billboard instead of up on the display is awesome. Also the visual cue for which drops still need to be hit is way more intuitive with the projector than without. There's also a definitive coolness factor to it but that's just eye candy.

I'm a pilot and have worked with man/machine interface designs and the intuitiveness that the projector adds is definitely more than subjective. In piloting terms it reduces mental workload and you can focus more on your primary task of ball control/shooting. However it's certainly not necessary and you can play without. It's just better with it.

#9146 2 years ago

Mine shipped from LSOG on Monday and due this Friday. Can’t wait to install it.

#9147 2 years ago

Good Morning All:

I'm not quite in the club yet, but will be getting a Premium after I complete the sale of my SMVE. In fact I've already ordered the topper, because it's cool as shi* (Though the price... ) but history has taught me (unfortunately) by the time I get the machine the topper will be on back order for a year. All that being said I'll be looking to get the UV Kit in advance as well. (My distro said April, saw May in an earlier post.... so looks to be soon either way) Which one do you all recommend... the Stern one or the one from PinStadium. Also where can I purchase the UV Flipper Rubbers I've seen on some of the ST videos I've seen.

Thanks for the help in advance.

#9148 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Good Morning All:
I'm not quite in the club yet, but will be getting a Premium after I complete the sale of my SMVE. In fact I've already ordered the topper, because it's cool as shi* (Though the price... ) but history has taught me (unfortunately) by the time I get the machine the topper will be on back order for a year. All that being said I'll be looking to get the UV Kit in advance as well. (My distro said April, saw May in an earlier post.... so looks to be soon either way) Which one do you all recommend... the Stern one or the one from PinStadium. Also where can I purchase the UV Flipper Rubbers I've seen on some of the ST videos I've seen.

Go with the Stern UV kit. Titan has the glow in the dark rubbers.

#9149 2 years ago

Stern kit if available. Pinstadium if stern kits are out.

#9150 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Good Morning All:

The Stern UV kit includes new UV reactive plastics so definitely go that route. Just order it now and you'll get it hopefully at the same time as you get your machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 210.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
There are 22,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 444.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/183?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.