IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 449.
#9001 3 years ago

Thank you Chuck for the package. I got some cool flipper bands that are going on ST and some cool stickers. Much appreciated.

#9003 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s 30 seconds or less. I still don’t get it.

30 sec add up.
Owned a CV for years. It got a bit old.

#9004 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

30 sec add up.
Owned a CV for years. It got a bit old.

You could go 20 games without playing it though. If it was a guarantee every game or even multiple times a game I see that, but it’s not. I think if it’s the same pattern every time that’s no bueno, but I can’t think of a single one like that.

#9005 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You could go 20 games without playing it though. If it was a guarantee every game or even multiple times a game I see that, but it’s not. I think if it’s the same pattern every time that’s no bueno, but I can’t think of a single one like that.

Guess I’m just less patient these days.

#9006 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m with you..I have no problem playing a video mode and would love to see one on this pin.

#9007 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m with you..I have no problem playing a video mode and would love to see one on this pin.

I wouldn’t mind either. Video modes on DMD’s I didn’t care for too much, but did not hate it either. On an LCD display definitely makes it better.

#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I really need to find a UV kit too which is going to be difficul

Maybe he still has some for people buying the machine. I bought mine in January and had them install before delivery.

#9009 3 years ago

Getting my premium in about a month. Question on cleland code...we own GOTG and cleland's is a MUST HAVE! Is it the same for STh?

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Getting my premium in about a month. Question on cleland code...we own GOTG and cleland's is a MUST HAVE! Is it the same for STh?

I have gotg as well. Cleland does a great job integrating the music and audio in both. IMHO stranger things is much more subdued than guardians but that is not a bad thing. They are different games and both are well done and complement each other.

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm telling you guys, the more I play this pin the more I like it!
I was told by naysayers that the opposite was supposed to happen. I.e, "you might like it now, but wait until you play it more." Nope. Don't see that happening anytime soon. The layout is even better than my first impressions, pin is fast, challenging, and there is plenty to do. I have a long way to go before ever seeing the wizard mode.
Pin is pretty addicting too! Very happy with my purchase.

Agreed on all counts. It’s also kind of sneaky brutal sometimes which was kind of unexpected and totally welcomed as far as I’m concerned. I’ve had countless games where I’ve had my ass handed to me in a heartbeat. Those targets protecting the ramps aren’t quite GOT but they’re nasty, the ramps are tighter than they look, and well there’s a wall of drop targets right up the gut. What could go wrong there? This game is fast, fast, fast. All it needs is some sort of UV kit. Come on Stern, ship those dadgum things out already!

#9012 3 years ago

Out of stock already? Honestly it seems like a hot second ago everyone was like "$300 for a topper? That's outrageous!"

Anyway, got mine in this week, very enjoyable game, love how much going on here is unique to just this machine. I browsed through the key posts in the thread and didn't find anything, I need some tweaking/dialing in tips. The center drops are rocketing the ball back over the flippers a lot, and maybe 1/4th the time aren't dropping at all on solid hits, which is making me gun shy about shooting at them, but maybe that's how it should be. Pitch is 6.5. The left ramp is often rejecting balls at the top, and I can't see what's going on back there while playing because the previous owner put a bunch of mini arcade machines there.

PXL_20210325_010024179.jpgPXL_20210325_010024179.jpg

They're pretty neat, but I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep 'em yet. You can hear them playing their little chip tune theme songs through the glass. And they trigger on/off depending on a certain light source, but I'm forgetting our phone conversation and what exactly triggers them.

Good, original machine. Keith's games are excellent, but this really feels like a unique oddball in Stern's recent output, and I like that! Makes me want to watch the show more as well, I stopped after season 1. Love the design and music on this and its neon vaporwave vibe. Very slick.

edit: oh yeah, left ramp should be backhand-able, I assume? my backhands to it don't have enough momentum to make it all the way, but I assume they should.

#9013 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

edit: oh yeah, left ramp should be backhand-able, I assume? my backhands to it don't have enough momentum to make it all the way, but I assume they should.

If lock is lit, the left ramp cannot be backhanded to the magnet lock. You might get lucky and have it pass through, but it will never make the lock.

#9014 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

oh nice. Ill check it out. I really need to find a UV kit too which is going to be difficult.

Check with Nick. Last time I talked with him he had both Premium NIB and UV kit in stock. He was holding his UV kits to sell with his NIB games, not selling them separately.
https://planetninepinball.com/pinball-machines-for-sale.html

#9015 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's 30 seconds that takes you out of the rhythm of playing the pin, destroys the flow, etc.

Do you really not get it? I think you do, but you just disagree, which is different than not getting it. It's certainly not a big deal to me in terms of being something to argue over, it's just my opinion. I understand that there are plenty of people who like video modes in pins, and I do understand the logic of people thinking that STh should have a video mode given it's 80's theme, and the fact that there are scenes that take place in the Arcade.

I just personally disagree with putting video modes in pins for the reasons stated...regardless of theme. But I *do* "get it."

#9016 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Agreed on all counts. It’s also kind of sneaky brutal sometimes which was kind of unexpected and totally welcomed as far as I’m concerned. I’ve had countless games where I’ve had my ass handed to me in a heartbeat. Those targets protecting the ramps aren’t quite GOT but they’re nasty, the ramps are tighter than they look, and well there’s a wall of drop targets right up the gut. What could go wrong there? This game is fast, fast, fast. All it needs is some sort of UV kit. Come on Stern, ship those dadgum things out already!

I think "sneaky brutal" is a good description! I can nail shots and put together a 6 shot combo, then bam, one miss hitting one of those targets = insta drain!

And any pin that has drop targets up the middle is going to have risk when hitting them. Reminds me of the Mustang LE that I had.

If you don't have the UV kit yet, then you are in for a huge treat when you get one! It's beyond cool.

#9017 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's 30 seconds that takes you out of the rhythm of playing the pin, destroys the flow, etc.
Do you really not get it? I think you do, but you just disagree, which is different than not getting it. It's certainly not a big deal to me in terms of being something to argue over, it's just my opinion. I understand that there are plenty of people who like video modes in pins, and I do understand the logic of people thinking that STh should have a video mode given it's 80's theme, and the fact that there are scenes that take place in the Arcade.
I just personally disagree with putting video modes in pins for the reasons stated...regardless of theme. But I *do* "get it."

I couldn’t care less about video modes. But in no way will my enjoyment of a game be affected by one. At least with all the ones that exist currently, Motor Show is the only game I’ve played that I think the video modes negatively affected the game.

I guess they are just so ancillary that they aren’t even worth mentioning. Hence why I don’t understand why someone could be so against them. Not saying that’s you’re opinion. Just an observation of watching non stop complaining for 7 years. Haha

#9018 3 years ago

Yeah one of the best parts of this game is the punishment on misses. Almost all of them drain you.

#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah one of the best parts of this game is the punishment on misses. Almost all of them drain you.

Exactly!

And that's how it should be. I actually laugh out loud sometimes when I nail one of those targets and watch in amazement at just how fast the ball hits that outlane!

It's actually an impressive design feature.

#9020 3 years ago

Just setting it up now! got the help of some new pinhead friends to get the game into the house...

Now just getting the code up to date, also, this game was born Feb 2020 so I am expecting lots of bugs on the PF/mechs... my expectations are quite low at the moment and ready to accept the game is unplayable out of the box, but we will see.

#9021 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Just setting it up now! got the help of some new pinhead friends to get the game into the house...

Now just getting the code up to date, also, this game was born Feb 2020 so I am expecting lots of bugs on the PF/mechs... my expectations are quite low at the moment and ready to accept the game is unplayable out of the box, but we will see.

mine was fine out of the box. Jan 2020 build for me. I just had to focus the projector. Do it when running and warmend up at least 30mins.

#9022 3 years ago

Hey guys finally got around to updating my code. What’s the deal with the button turning red when fighting the demogorgon? I pressed it and it instantly gave me 5000 points and the ramp shut?

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey guys finally got around to updating my code. What’s the deal with the button turning red when fighting the demogorgon? I pressed it and it instantly gave me 5000 points and the ramp shut?

That is the demogorgon bomb. You only get one for the game. Instantly kills the current demogorgon

#9024 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

That is the demogorgon bomb. You only get one for the game. Instantly kills the current demogorgon

Ah ok makes sense. Cool idea! Thanks

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Quoted from pinballj:

And pressing the button when blue during multiball means you "steal" your TK locked balls and add them to whatever current MB you are in.

#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And pressing the button when blue during multiball means you "steal" your TK locked balls and add them to whatever current MB you are in.

Oh cool I hadn’t even noticed. I have to try that out, thanks! Anyone get their topper yet? I ended up ordering from coin taker. Not sure when they are shipping but hopefully soon.

#9027 3 years ago

Hey what flipper strenght do you guys use?
Full power feels like too much and something is gonna give!! especially those drop down targets!

#9028 3 years ago

I’m no expert but I’m sure you need full strength or you’ll never make it up the TK ramp

#9029 3 years ago

Power on.... Takes *forever* for each GI to come on, one row at a time. 10 seconds between each row. The projector and monitor never even come on. Projector screen says 'no signal'. Then it shuts down the GI each row one at a time, 5 -10 seconds between each row.. Any thoughts? Unplayable, won't fully boot. This machine barely has any plays on it and doesn't get left on.

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

New to the pin, but it also appears that if you cash in that locked TK ball, you lose that lock, and have to start over again from zero to get 3 balls locked for TK multiball.

#9031 3 years ago

Ok decided to put in two blue LED strips and mount my Billies Camaro. I was going to tie into the lower ramp flasher. I always thought flashers were 12v so ordered 12v comet LED strips. Well I guess it’s not 12v. Do not come on. I also tested them on the coin door light socket and no luck there either.

Tested lights on my Stern Dracula and monster bash remake coin door light and they work fine as do the red and blue in Hoppers Bronco. So any idea on where I can tie them into? I do have a 12v switching power supply and also a 12v backbox splitter.

90424971-ED38-407C-AFBF-759C4CCEB657 (resized).jpeg90424971-ED38-407C-AFBF-759C4CCEB657 (resized).jpegC9B73A01-F3E7-446A-B894-84B8CDA78245 (resized).jpegC9B73A01-F3E7-446A-B894-84B8CDA78245 (resized).jpegD6752138-B06D-473B-94D2-CB81BDE0C1EE (resized).jpegD6752138-B06D-473B-94D2-CB81BDE0C1EE (resized).jpeg9E8AA83C-A265-4BC3-AEEE-995ABAA58E40 (resized).jpeg9E8AA83C-A265-4BC3-AEEE-995ABAA58E40 (resized).jpegC845C920-B16E-49A4-B72D-CC1FB785289D (resized).jpegC845C920-B16E-49A4-B72D-CC1FB785289D (resized).jpeg

A15196AD-75C2-4651-92B6-9F347721F680 (resized).jpegA15196AD-75C2-4651-92B6-9F347721F680 (resized).jpeg
#9032 3 years ago

Hey what flipper strenght do you guys use?
Full power feels like too much and something is gonna give!! especially those drop down targets!

Right 255 (full)
Left 235

#9033 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Power on.... Takes *forever* for each GI to come on, one row at a time. 10 seconds between each row. The projector and monitor never even come on. Projector screen says 'no signal'. Then it shuts down the GI each row one at a time, 5 -10 seconds between each row.. Any thoughts? Unplayable, won't fully boot. This machine barely has any plays on it and doesn't get left on.

Get on stern website and go to the support section. Read up on how to reflash the SD card.

#9034 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right 255 (full)
Left 235

Working with 225 at the moment and seems to be good. Can make all shots no problem, lol, my ball times are short.
Haha

I noticed my game has mylar under all ramps — bought new in box — and also the demogorgon ramp has mylar for it on the PF, that is great they did that, my aiq had no mylar under any ramp when I got it but I added it myself.

Now, One side of the mylar for the demogorgon ramp has a small mark though so that tells me the ramp is slightly digging onto the mylar and I presume the ramp must be angled/bent in that direction.

I know this sounds obvious but before I look at slightly bending the ramp to prevent this, should I be looking for something else?

#9035 3 years ago

You can make the magnet lock with 225?

#9036 3 years ago

I know this sounds obvious but before I look at slightly bending the ramp to prevent this, should I be looking for something else?

I think you need to adjust the ramp down switch under the playfield so that it registers sooner.

#9037 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can make the magnet lock with 225?

Yeah can make the either ramp no prob.

#9038 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ok decided to put in two blue LED strips and mount my Billies Camaro. I was going to tie into the lower ramp flasher. I always thought flashers were 12v so ordered 12v comet LED strips. Well I guess it’s not 12v. Do not come on. I also tested them on the coin door light socket and no luck there either.
Tested lights on my Stern Dracula and monster bash remake coin door light and they work fine as do the red and blue in Hoppers Bronco. So any idea on where I can tie them into? I do have a 12v switching power supply and also a 12v backbox splitter.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need help. Or do I have to post a new thread in the forum to ask for help?

#9039 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you need to adjust the ramp down switch under the playfield so that it registers sooner.

Ok great, where is this switch located? It must be a minute adjustment though...
look:

F0E41053-03C4-4358-84BE-0F8FF922A5EE (resized).jpegF0E41053-03C4-4358-84BE-0F8FF922A5EE (resized).jpeg
#9040 3 years ago

Okay if it’s only that corner. Yeah maybe just give the corner a slight bend up may do the trick. Maybe sand that corner a bit to make it more smooth if it’s not.

So right flipper 225, you can make the TK lock? The ball sticks to the back wall? That’s incredible.

#9041 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

mine was fine out of the box. Jan 2020 build for me. I just had to focus the projector. Do it when running and warmend up at least 30mins.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay if it’s only that corner. Yeah maybe just give the corner a slight bend up may do the trick. Maybe sand that corner a bit to make it more smooth if it’s not.
So right flipper 225, you can make the TK lock? The ball sticks to the back wall? That’s incredible.

Pf is freshly waxed, so I will report back in 50 games?.... so far so good. Yes I have been getting balls on the TK no problem.

#9042 3 years ago

Pf is freshly waxed, so I will report back in 50 games?.... so far so good. Yes I have been getting balls on the TK no problem.

The new left ramp cover must be way better than I originally anticipated. Great news.

#9043 3 years ago

Question for everyone.

Does the ball eject seem to be laggy?

Mine is fine though ball drains or I start a game and it’s about 3-4 seconds to pop a ball. Most other games are maybe 1-2 seconds.

#9044 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Question for everyone.
Mine is fine though ball drains or I start a game and it’s about 3-4 seconds to pop a ball. Most other games are maybe 1-2 seconds.

Yes. That's the way this game is. Don't know why, but there's nothing wrong with your game.

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. That's the way this game is. Don't know why, but there's nothing wrong with your game.

I did not notice this on mine so far, will pay attention.

#9046 3 years ago

How is the right orbit working for most of you? I find that very rarely I get a clean shot, often there is a lot of thunk-clunk bounce but it does make it through at speed albeit not so smoothly as in other orbits, lol. Maybe it just need a perfect shot ? I did have a few clean ones but they are not the majority.

Mind you it might be just my poor aim / how the ball travels, so maybe that is it... lol

Other than that my game is flawless and learning the rules (seems very simple).

My balls times are not very long at the moment... Outlane post came put in in the hardest setting, did you guys adjust them... the out lanes are merciless.

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Question for everyone.

I have not noticed this on mine.

#9048 3 years ago

How is the right orbit working for most of you? I find that very rarely I get a clean shot, often there is a lot of thunk-clunk bounce but it does make it through at speed albeit not so smoothly as in other orbits, lol. Maybe it just need a perfect shot ? I did have a few clean ones but they are not the majority.
Mind you it might be just my poor aim / how the ball travels, so maybe that is it... lol
My balls times are not very long at the moment... Outlane post came put in in the hardest setting, did you guys adjust them... the out lanes are merciless.

Right orbit is a bit clunky yeah. Glad to hear you’re game is playing great!

#9049 3 years ago

I had to align the demodog targets on both ramps so they were straight. Mine were all angled outward which made the right orbit even tighter than it needed to be and made weak shots to the burn it back come back SDTM. With the demodog targets properly aligned the right orbit is not so tight and the ball will hit the back of the target near BIB and go to the left flipper instead. Aligning those targets made a huge difference on my game. Left ramp isn't as big a deal but it's easy to align them so I recommend it.

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right orbit is a bit clunky yeah. Glad to hear you’re game is playing great!

thank you for the feedback, ok good to know, I thought my ball guides were bent out of shape or something.
BTW, I am having a hard time with this game, I can say I am loving it so far... I did not have a good game and this morning I seem to suck, but I presume it gets more fun as I get deeper into the modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.