IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 448.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Does anyone know when Pinmonk's fans will be back in stock?

He is in this thread, im sure he will chime in. PinMonk

#8952 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I don't know but I received and installed mine last night. Ended up having a marathon game (about 45-50 mins and 2B+ points). It made a nice difference.
It takes much longer for the flippers to weaken. However after about 30-35 mins I couldn't make the TK lock shot again. Still making the virtual lock but not making it up to the backboard magnet, which is better than coming back down the ramp STDM.
I will experiment with more powerful fans and/or hobby motor heatsinks.

Are you sure a fan didn't quit? There should be no performance difference over time.

#8953 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Does anyone know when Pinmonk's fans will be back in stock?

I had a few brackets break at the junction between the fan box surround and the stand for the R&M and jjGnR kits that were out, and that's the bracket I was moving the Spike kits to, so I've redesigned the bracket and have it out being tested. The 1.0 bracket was rock solid on Spike, so I may go back to that until I get some more real world time with the v2.5 bracket and make sure it's strong enough for the long haul on Spike. Also, vibration (I think) caused some fans to fail with one or both leads breaking off the circuit board with the 2.0 bracket, so the stiffer 2.5 bracket should help that. R&M and jjGnR have more severe shaker motors, so looking to reinforce the leads as well.

Anyway, Spike kits should be back in the store one way or the other next week.

#8954 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure a fan didn't quit? There should be no performance difference over time.

I will check later today.

#8955 3 years ago

Still the right ramp is not registering every ball, opto seems fine... 7 of 10 times it works fine... What must i do?

https://streamable.com/rw1zrx

#8956 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Still the right ramp is not registering every ball, opto seems fine... 7 of 10 times it works fine... What must i do?

Do you have the cover on the right ramp? It's hard to tell, but it looks like maybe the ball is riding up on the ramp walls as it comes up and hits the corner.

#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Optos maybe be flakey. Try replacing them.

#8958 3 years ago

is it true that the red flasher does not always light up in certain chapters and nothing happens on the LCD screen when it pass the opto? It seems that in the beginning all balls registers and red flasher light up but at some point no longer in certain game chapters...

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

is it true that the red flasher does not always light up in certain chapters and nothing happens on the LCD screen when it pass the opto? It seems that in the beginning all balls registers and red flasher light up but at some point no longer in certain game chapters...

If you've already hit that ramp 3 times and started/cleared that mission, and that ramp is not lit for anything then no, nothing happens. Same with the right "orbit" shot into the bumpers.

Once you clear the first 4 chapters and all shots reset then yes it should do something - at least until you hit it 3 times again (light all the inserts) and start that chapter. (5-8). And then again for chapters 9-12.

#8960 3 years ago

I wish there was some way to request code refinements. Not bug reports but things that probably should be in the code but aren't(prem/LE):
- There should always be something projected on the drops and standups. Whatever that is.
- The left ramp banner should display time remaining for demodogs and demogorgan 5. It only displays for chapters right now.
- Slings have no sound associated? I don't care what it is. a beep, a boop, whatever. it just feels odd with no sfx
- Make use of the other projection banners. why are they there?

#8961 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wish there was some way to request code refinements. Not bug reports but things that probably should be in the code but aren't(prem/LE):
- There should always be something projected on the drops and standups. Whatever that is.
- The left ramp banner should display time remaining for demodogs and demogorgan 5. It only displays for chapters right now.
- Slings have no sound associated? I don't care what it is. a beep, a boop, whatever. it just feels odd with no sfx
- Make use of the other projection banners. why are they there?

This is Lonnie code. You are asking too much. His code barely gets the rough edges sanded. Polish is way too much to ask. Laziest coder at Stern, or maybe he's just overworked because he does system/OS level work that all the machines use, too. But then again Tanio did Spike low-level OS code and his Deadpool code has a level of polish a Lonnie game will never see. So, not sure, except that Lonnie games always are lacking in polish.

#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you've already hit that ramp 3 times and started/cleared that mission, and that ramp is not lit for anything then no, nothing happens. Same with the right "orbit" shot into the bumpers.
Once you clear the first 4 chapters and all shots reset then yes it should do something - at least until you hit it 3 times again (light all the inserts) and start that chapter. (5-8). And then again for chapters 9-12.

This is a great point. Make sure you 100% understand the rules of the game. You may not have any issues with your ramp registering.

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is Lonnie code. You are asking too much. His code barely gets the rough edges sanded. Polish is way too much to ask. Laziest coder at Stern, or maybe he's just overworked because he does system/OS level work that all the machines use, too. But then again Tanio did Spike low-level OS code and his Deadpool code has a level of polish a Lonnie game will never see. So, not sure, except that Lonnie games always are lacking in polish.

I was hoping with MXV and Eddy also on code it would get more refinement, but I’m overall happy with the polish it did get.

#8964 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Go into Diagnostics, put it in Switch Test mode, and then block the opto with a piece of paper. Does the switch register? Every time? If yes, that's a clue that your opto is good.

Try it again while rolling a ball up the ramp by hand. Still register? If No, that may be a clue that your optos are functioning, but aren't necessarily aligned to be broken by the ball path on the ramp.

Another way you can check the emitter side of optos is with the cell-phone camera trick. Put your cell phone in camera mode to take a picture, and then look at the emitter opto, head-on. If it is glowing purple, that means it is emitting (the cell camera sees a bit into the IR spectrum that your eye cannot see).

Later,
EV

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was hoping with MXV and Eddy also on code it would get more refinement, but I’m overall happy with the polish it did get.

Oh, I think it's fine, but it's never going to be up to a Lyman or Tanio level of polish. Lonnie just seems to have a threshold when he codes, and once he hits that, he dusts his hands off and moves on. That said, I hope Brian pushes to get one more round of code done. No video mode in an 80s-themed game with an arcade featured prominently would be close to some kind of crime.

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No video mode in an 80s-themed game with an arcade featured prominently would be close to some kind of crime.

80's themed or not, I hate video modes on pins, so no thanks.

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had a few brackets break at the junction between the fan box surround and the stand for the R&M and jjGnR kits that were out, and that's the bracket I was moving the Spike kits to, so I've redesigned the bracket and have it out being tested. The 1.0 bracket was rock solid on Spike, so I may go back to that until I get some more real world time with the v2.5 bracket and make sure it's strong enough for the long haul on Spike. Also, vibration (I think) caused some fans to fail with one or both leads breaking off the circuit board with the 2.0 bracket, so the stiffer 2.5 bracket should help that. R&M and jjGnR have more severe shaker motors, so looking to reinforce the leads as well.
Anyway, Spike kits should be back in the store one way or the other next week.

Thanks, looking forward to it!

#8968 3 years ago

Do you guys estimate that the code is close to finish? What are the chances of newer code?

#8969 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

80's themed or not, I hate video modes on pins, so no thanks.

I'm assuming that there would be an option to turn it off in the settings so everyone gets what they want.

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Do you guys estimate that the code is close to finish? What are the chances of newer code?

0% chance of more code. It’s done.

#8971 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

0% chance of more code. It’s done.

Boo. One more demerit in the Lonnie column.

#8972 3 years ago

So my distro called and said my STn topper will be shipped to me tomorrow. Can’t wait to see it. Anybody see it in person?

#8974 3 years ago

Now that I'm looking at it, I wish they had tweaked the front mirror so it would have the lights moving toward the center as it goes toward infinity instead of looking like a very squished, long cave. Still, points for trying something new with the usual few pieces of plexi that Stern thinks is worth $649.

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Initial thoughts for mods/additions:
1) Speaker Light Kit
2) UV/Glow in Dark rubber. Who has this?
Other suggestions? No topper for me.

Pinwoofer speaker and subwoofer setup then that sweet,sweet Cleland code. Game sounds amazing!

#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm assuming that there would be an option to turn it off in the settings so everyone gets what they want.

Why would you assume that? I couldn't turn it off on SW.

#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would you assume that? I couldn't turn it off on SW.

Was it a mystery award in Star Wars? <--- your answer

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

So my distro called and said my STn topper will be shipped to me tomorrow. Can’t wait to see it. Anybody see it in person?

Nice, who did you order from.

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. One more demerit in the Lonnie column.

Brian said they were planning at least one more update last I heard from him. Sounded like it would be mostly bug fixes. Hoping my issues get resolved heh.

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Nice, who did you order from.

Mike from Pinballs.com

#8981 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Mike from Pinballs.com

Great, please post some pics if you can. Thanks!

#8982 3 years ago

where do I get the clealand code.
Game arrived today!

#8984 3 years ago

anyone know if stern is going to do another run of ST? Would like a premium. Would also like UV kit which Ive heard wont be run again.....I have the topper and shooter rod, now need a game!

#8985 3 years ago

Word is no more being made.

#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

anyone know if stern is going to do another run of ST?

Try pinballs.com I think Mike has all models.

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Try pinballs.com I think Mike has all models.

i havent heard the greatest things about pinballs.com. Have you had a good experience? I wonder why everyone is sold out and then he has all models...

#8988 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was it a mystery award in Star Wars? <--- your answer

No. Lights for # of drop target sweeps and Han Solo gets it as one of his modes.

#8989 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No. Lights for # of drop target sweeps and Han Solo gets it as one of his modes.

Right. Because it's used as a mode in Star Wars, it can't really have an "off" option without something to replace it. But since it would likely be a mystery award (as was hinted early on), it could easily be optionally turned off in settings for those that don't want to shoot demodogs.

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i havent heard the greatest things about pinballs.com. Have you had a good experience? I wonder why everyone is sold out and then he has all models...

little shop of games has it in stock, according to their website. I just ordered some spare parts from them and they seemed like a decent site. others on this forum have used them also.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/machines-for-sale/new-pinball-machines/stranger-things-premium-edition-pinball-machine-by-stern/

#8991 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right. Because it's used as a mode in Star Wars, it can't really have an "off" option without something to replace it. But since it would likely be a mystery award (as was hinted early on), it could easily be optionally turned off in settings for those that don't want to shoot demodogs.

Ah I see what you’re saying now. Yea, much like GOT, turn off that trashy video mode...much like most video modes in pinball, there should be an option to turn it off. What would be cool is if they added Dig Dug as an Easter egg that you can play when the game is in attract mode; i.e. not during gameplay. Video modes suck in pinball! *runs to the hills*

#8992 3 years ago

Tilt amusements has premiums last time I checked. Trent is great!

#8993 3 years ago

I’ll never understand hate for video modes. They aren’t overused and takes no time at all to play them.

#8994 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ah I see what you’re saying now. Yea, much like GOT, turn off that trashy video mode...much like most video modes in pinball, there should be an option to turn it off. What would be cool is if they added Dig Dug as an Easter egg that you can play when the game is in attract mode; i.e. not during gameplay. Video modes suck in pinball! *runs to the hills*

I'm okay with fun relatively quick video modes. Example: Mine carts in Indy, choose wisely in Indy, bar shootout in Indy, torpedoing boats/water skiers in Fish Tales, Saucers in AfM, Jumping in Dr Who, Phurba avoidance in The Shadow, etc.

I HATE bad video modes: Sword fight in GoT, Asteroids in Star Wars, Stream crossing in Ghostbusters, card guessing in Ghostbusters, etc

So conditionally, I like video modes, but given the number of good vs bad ones, it's hard do do it well. It's astonishing that Indy has 3 that are all pretty good and well-integrated into the game.

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Have you had a good experience?

I have gotten two games from Mike so far, and both experiences have been positive. They did delivery and set up at my home since I’m in NJ and I’ve had no issues. I have two more games on order there, so I would recommend them.

#8996 3 years ago

I bought a JJPPOTC CE from mike at pinballs.com. Smooth and easy transaction.

Trent at Tilt is a great guy too. Always easy to deal with.

#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I have gotten two games from Mike so far, and both experiences have been positive. They did delivery and set up at my home since I’m in NJ and I’ve had no issues. I have two more games on order there, so I would recommend them.

oh nice. Ill check it out. I really need to find a UV kit too which is going to be difficult.

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll never understand hate for video modes. They aren’t overused and takes no time at all to play them.

If I wanted to play a video game I'd buy/play a video game.

I came for the pinball!

#8999 3 years ago

I'm telling you guys, the more I play this pin the more I like it!

I was told by naysayers that the opposite was supposed to happen. I.e, "you might like it now, but wait until you play it more." Nope. Don't see that happening anytime soon. The layout is even better than my first impressions, pin is fast, challenging, and there is plenty to do. I have a long way to go before ever seeing the wizard mode.

Pin is pretty addicting too! Very happy with my purchase.

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If I wanted to play a video game I'd buy/play a video game.
I came for the pinball!

It’s 30 seconds or less. I still don’t get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/180?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.