IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 448.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just curious, if you were to start it up right this moment, would it work? Does it always work "at first" and then start acting up? Or, is it completely random with no rhyme or reason for failure?

More then likely no. But then it sometimes is random. A couple of times that I noticed, the ramp would come down way after the demo mode had started. Which I thought was really weird. Could it be a software glitch?

#852 4 years ago

Out of my temp setup location and joined the lineup in the basement

If there is any machine that could benefit from the hd glass it's this one for certain.

IMG_20200126_111636726 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_111636726 (resized).jpg
#853 4 years ago

What was the fix for the ball lock post not
Going all the way down ? That’s starting to happen to my machine now. It’s sticking up just enough to where the ball won’t go all the way through

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

LE speaker mod? Where can I get this ?

I should have the 5.25" speaker plates to do this type of 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade in a couple of weeks. I have been saying that for months, but the most recent prototype (out of 5 I believe) has passed the fit and look test and the first production order has been placed. My 5.25" plates will be a lower priced alternative than it currently costs for this type of upgrade. I will have the 5.25" speaker plates available for $50 a PAIR or $25 a PAIR if you are buying one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits along with them. I will also have a variety of color and style speaker surrounds available for $22.50 a PAIR.

I am not selling the 5.25" speakers, so it will be up to the buyer to decide what 5.25" speakers they want for their upgrade and to purchase them elsewhere.

I am still not sure how I will have these items listed on my website. I may offer a single link to pick the 5.25" plates and a Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit (Type 13) in a single bundle. I suspect the type 13 is the light kit type the vast majority of people would want with the 5.25" plates. Any acrylic surround sets would have to be purchased separately as there are so many different colors and styles I don't want to create a separate listing for each bundle combination. Also...the acrylic surrounds are not required and the type 13 light kits look great without any surrounds used at all. Kinda different, but nice. Using no surrounds looks better than using the light kits with surrounds that do not let light shine through them, in my opinion. At least when the game is on anyway.

If a buyer would rather use one of my "fully lit grill" Standard or Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits with their 5.25" speaker plate purchase, that is fine too. I will keep an eye on the orders and when I see anyone buying the 5.25" speaker plate set separately and also a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit....I will refund the $25 bundle savings back to their PayPal transaction.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Could it be a software glitch?

No because now one else is experiencing it.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

What was the fix for the ball lock post not
Going all the way down ? That’s starting to happen to my machine now. It’s sticking up just enough to where the ball won’t go all the way through

It’s come loose from its pressure fitted sleeve. You’ll need to take the post out, hammer it back down and crimp it better or epoxy it into the sleeve.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is why SDTM is my favorite pinball youtube channel. The wire trick is some great low hanging fruit! I too had a gap between the demo and the post. First game 3/3 in the mouth! Highly recommended.

Just received my STh's pro & we also having an issue w/ hitting the mouth consistently. It might be a 1 in 10 direct hit after increasing the flipper power to 225. Would definitely like a bit more consistency w/ this.

I tried looking for the wire in the back of the demogorgon & wasn't able to locate it. Can someone chime in or take a picture of the general location for this wire.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Just received my STh's pro & we also having an issue w/ hitting the mouth consistently. It might be a 1 in 10 direct hit after increasing the flipper power to 225. Would definitely like a bit more consistency w/ this.
I tried looking for the wire in the back of the demogorgon & wasn't able to locate it. Can someone chime in or take a picture of the general location for this wire.

Its hard to make out, but this wire feeds down through the playfield. Be careful since it comes up and rests on a metal edge

demo (resized).jpgdemo (resized).jpg
#859 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you don’t. Hitting the left ramp before the saucer is for double and triple super jackpots.

After you got 4 regular jackpots only the left ramp and the left eject hole are lit. You then have to lock one ball on the ramp to get a double jackpot and then while the ball is held on the ramp you have some time to shoot for the left eject hole to get a super. That's how it works.
But my point was if you could still do that if you disable the up post so the ball isn't going to be locked for some time any more.

#860 4 years ago

In case of anyone interested I uploaded a video of how mine works with flipper power set to 250 each and centered bubble. Demogorgon shots are at 1:40 and 7:40.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just finished putting in a shaker, the LE speaker mod, and a speaker light kit all before putting the balls in the machine , but hey tomorrow is another day![quoted image]

That LE speaker mod. Of which components does that consist?
For the backbox I found Kenwood KFC-S1066, is this correct? And the cabinet speaker? Is a filter included?

#862 4 years ago

Does somebody have custom apron cards for STH?

#863 4 years ago

Regarding extra ball via burn it back loop. Unsure if its a bug, or intentional and I am missing something, but after being awarded extra ball several games I just flat out stopped getting them. So with intent I went for the burn it back loop, each game it said I needed to hit it 50 times to light extra ball. I can promise, I hit it no where near 50 times when I actually got it games prior.

So looking through the menu options I noticed the 1st extra ball is set to AUTO with each subsequent extra ball requiring 50. The "AUTO" seems to default out to 50 games, but I could be crazy. I set it to something low (changing from auto) and it indeed worked.

So my question - Is this a bug? If not, can anyone explain what AUTO means?

Thanks !

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

But my point was if you could still do that if you disable the up post so the ball isn't going to be locked for some time any more.

I think so. It should work like groots mouth being disabled. Shoot the ramp and it will activate the doubler, shoot saucer for double super.

And the left ramp will only lock a ball if you’ve hit the lock targets first. If you haven’t done that, left ramp is simply a regular jackpot like all the other shots. 5 jackpots lights saucer for super jackpot.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

So my question - Is this a bug? If not, can anyone explain what AUTO means?

It makes it more difficult to get extra ball if you’re getting it all the time. Just like replay auto adjustment.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s come loose from its pressure fitted sleeve. You’ll need to take the post out, hammer it back down and crimp it better or epoxy it into the sleeve.

or drill it out and insert a roll pin (like stern should have done in the first place). even if you re-crimp it, there's a good chance that the repeated coil firing will cause it to work its way out again over time

#867 4 years ago

Not sure a lot of people have the tools to add a roll pin. I know I don’t. I may just disable mine when I get the game and see if they ever release better posts in the future and just get one of those.

#868 4 years ago

what's the part no.?

I'll bet that the metal armature portion is a similar to an existing post with a different length nylon all you'd need to do is purchase that and push out the nylon portion with a punch, insert the nylon portion from the ST up/down post, drill through the nylon and then re-insert the roll pin

#869 4 years ago

Good idea. Not sure on the part number. Is it listed in the pro manual? I think I heard that’s available on the stern website now.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what's the part no.?
I'll bet that the metal armature portion is a similar to an existing post with a different length nylon all you'd need to do is purchase that and push out the nylon portion with a punch, insert the nylon portion from the ST up/down post, drill through the nylon and then re-insert the roll pin

Im not 100 percent sure what you guys were referring to, but this is from the manual.

Annotation 2020-01-27 131625 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-01-27 131625 (resized).jpg
#871 4 years ago

I'm hoping that gets fixed for the LE's and all games after.

#872 4 years ago

#4 in the diagram above.

#873 4 years ago

I wonder if the monster bash up/down armature would work for you ST owners? I don't know the total length, but an owner could take theirs out and measure it and then phone marco's. their support staff is awesome at stuff like this. they could measure the length of everything to verify for you if this could work

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-11212
04-11212 (resized).jpg04-11212 (resized).jpg

the medieval madness post might work too for those looking for a metal solution (marco says it's 6" long)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10878.3
04-10878.3 (resized).jpg04-10878.3 (resized).jpg

this metal one is 7-1/8" long
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10703

here's the least expensive one of the bunch, but again I'm not sure of the total length
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-12595.2

edit:
I sent steve midgette @ marco's an email. hopefully, I'll have a response before EOB today and will post it

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if the monster bash up/down armature would work for you ST owners? I don't know the total length, but an owner could take theirs out and measure it and then phone marco's. their support staff is awesome at stuff like this. they could measure the length of everything to verify for you if this could work
[quoted image]
the medieval madness post might work too for those looking for a metal solution (marco says it's 6" long)
[quoted image]
here's the least expensive one of the bunch, but again I'm not sure of the total length

Thanks for this! I personally havent had an issue but im sure its a matter of time. I did have the demo gate pop out like others are reporting. Bad thing is I was on ball 1 @ 120 million... demo multiball started and the gate stopped about 1/4 of the way down.

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

For the backbox I found Kenwood KFC-S1066, is this correct? And the cabinet speaker? Is a filter included?

I didn’t touch the cabinet speaker I will check in the kenwood part number when I get home from work and pm you. I got the speaker lights and purple surrounds from speaker light kits.com. And the 5.25 speaker brackets came from pinball life. The guy from speaker light kits is in the process of making a kit that will come with the lights and the brackets if you want to wait a couple of weeks and you could save about 30 dollars.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

In case of anyone interested I uploaded a video of how mine works with flipper power set to 250 each and centered bubble. Demogorgon shots are at 1:40 and 7:40.

What is the angle of your play field? Mine is at 6 and the bubble is still not in the middle, in fact to get the bubble in the middle I would have to bring the from up. I think the level on my machine is bad. I’m probably just gonna set it to 6.5 and not worry about the level bubble.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

What is the angle of your play field? Mine is at 6 and the bubble is still not in the middle, in fact to get the bubble in the middle I would have to bring the from up. I think the level on my machine is bad. I’m probably just gonna set it to 6.5 and not worry about the level bubble.

mine is the same. with all levellers completely closed the bubble tip is on the other side of the top line. To get level I have to increase the front levellers.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
edit:
I sent steve midgette @ marco's an email. hopefully, I'll have a response before EOB today and will post it

Good idea. As long as the MB one is longer it would be easy to cut it down. It looks like it’s using a roll pin.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

The Kenwood speaker that Stern has been using in the LE games is model KFC-1366S. I think the ones you have mentioned are 4" speakers, in American terms and not the 5.25" size that the LE games use.

What is needed for the upgrade is (all prices listed are for the entire quantity needed):

2 - 5.25" speakers: Of your choice, $7.50 (if you want to really cheap out) and up.

2 - 5.25" speaker plates: To be able to mount the larger 5.25" speakers. Available now for $69.90 and I will have them available soon for $50 or $25 if you are buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit from me.

2 - Foam gaskets: Available now for $25.90, BUT not required if you are installing a Speaker Light Kit. These may also not be needed with certain speakers (depending on how far the tweeters stick out), but they do use them in the factory LE speaker setup.

8 - 1/2" spacers: Available now for $3.52, BUT also not required if you are installing a Speaker Light Kit. These may also not be needed with certain speakers (depending on how far the tweeters stick out), but they do use them in the factory LE speaker setup. These spacers and the above gaskets kind of go hand in hand, you really either need them both or neither.

2 - Speaker surrounds (if you would like to match the LE look). I can get these in about any color you would like for $22.50. Available in red elsewhere for $23.90.

All and all, if you are wanting to do this 4" to 5.25" upgrade and you DO need the spacers and gaskets for the speakers you choose to buy....you can get all the parts elsewhere for $123.22 (excluding the price of the speakers you choose) OR you can wait a bit and get the needed parts from me (including the type 13 Speaker Light Kit and acrylic surrounds in your choice of color) for $122.50 ($.72 cheaper).

Heck....even if you hate speaker lights, you can unplug them and it's still cheaper than what is currently available.......but come on, at least turn them on white and dial down the brightness. Even that has to look better than nothing.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
edit:

here's steve's reply:
04-10703 shaft length = 5-3/4 Overall = 6" metal base portion = 1/4"
04-11212 shaft = 5-3/8" Overall 5-5/8" metal base = 1/4"
04-12595.2 shaft = 6-1/8" overall 6-5/16" (roughly) metal base = 1/4" also has threaded hole (looks like a 10-32) at the end of the shaft
04-10703 shaft = 7-1/8" overall with shaft of 6-7/8" and cap is 1/4"

hope this helps you guys out

#881 4 years ago

Thanks so much! Since all versions of the game use this post this info is huge. Thanks again.

#882 4 years ago

I’m in!

135DF9BB-32FA-42AE-B5B3-083F50EBBFD9 (resized).jpeg135DF9BB-32FA-42AE-B5B3-083F50EBBFD9 (resized).jpeg
#883 4 years ago

Still hoping to get in soon when someone sells their pro to by an LE

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still hoping to get in soon when someone sells their pro to by an LE

Hey, that’s what I did!!

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Hey, that’s what I did!!

I'm being patient...With all the little issues this game seems to be presenting I def want to buy one that has been set up and working correctly.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The Kenwood speaker that Stern has been using in the LE games is model KFC-1366S. I think the ones you have mentioned are 4" speakers, in American terms and not the 5.25" size that the LE games use.
What is needed for the upgrade is (all prices listed are for the entire quantity needed):
2 - 5.25" speakers: Of your choice, $7.50 (if you want to really cheap out) and up.
2 - 5.25" speaker plates: To be able to mount the larger 5.25" speakers. Available now for $69.90 and I will have them available soon for $50 or $25 if you are buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit from me.
2 - Foam gaskets: Available now for $25.90, BUT not required if you are installing a Speaker Light Kit. These may also not be needed with certain speakers (depending on how far the tweeters stick out), but they do use them in the factory LE speaker setup.
8 - 1/2" spacers: Available now for $3.52, BUT also not required if you are installing a Speaker Light Kit. These may also not be needed with certain speakers (depending on how far the tweeters stick out), but they do use them in the factory LE speaker setup. These spacers and the above gaskets kind of go hand in hand, you really either need them both or neither.
2 - Speaker surrounds (if you would like to match the LE look). I can get these in about any color you would like for $22.50. Available in red elsewhere for $23.90.
All and all, if you are wanting to do this 4" to 5.25" upgrade and you DO need the spacers and gaskets for the speakers you choose to buy....you can get all the parts elsewhere for $123.22 (excluding the price of the speakers you choose) OR you can wait a bit and get the needed parts from me (including the type 13 Speaker Light Kit and acrylic surrounds in your choice of color) for $122.50 ($.72 cheaper).
Heck....even if you hate speaker lights, you can unplug them and it's still cheaper than what is currently available.......but come on, at least turn them on white and dial down the brightness. Even that has to look better than nothing.

Very clear sir. Yeah, I bought the 4" versions and fitted them in.
I am juggling with the combo of cabinet speaker and backbox speakers. I added a JBL Stage 810 in the cabinet and that ups the oompf a little. I found the stock 4" backbox speakers fairly loud and crisp and haven't found any proper replacement yet.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

here's steve's reply:
04-10703 shaft length = 5-3/4 Overall = 6" metal base portion = 1/4"
04-11212 shaft = 5-3/8" Overall 5-5/8" metal base = 1/4"
04-12595.2 shaft = 6-1/8" overall 6-5/16" (roughly) metal base = 1/4" also has threaded hole (looks like a 10-32) at the end of the shaft
04-10703 shaft = 7-1/8" overall with shaft of 6-7/8" and cap is 1/4"
hope this helps you guys out

Here is the Monster Bash one as I'm working on it at the moment.

20200128_142217 (resized).jpg20200128_142217 (resized).jpg20200128_142504 (resized).jpg20200128_142504 (resized).jpg
#888 4 years ago

Thoughts on invisiglass/hd/etc for this machine? Ive never had it before, but there is quite a bit of translite glare in a dark room on this one. Would be worth it to me if it did indeed reduce that by a bit.

#889 4 years ago

I have never had any interest in anti glare glass. Seen it in person many times. Just not worth the price tag imo. I’d rather try and find a project EM. Haha

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have never had any interest in anti glare glass. Seen it in person many times. Just not worth the price tag imo. I’d rather try and find a project EM. Haha

You’re going to get a sheet whether u like it or not. I’d reckon it’s a must have with the projector.

#891 4 years ago

Thanks for that, certainly can use the 300 for something else if it isnt that much of a difference. I did notice you can turn the backbox bulb brightness down, so ill play around with that.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’re going to get a sheet whether u like it or not. I’d reckon it’s a must have with the projector.

Yeah I’m in uncharted waters with getting a LE. This will be my one and only NIB LE most likely.

I can certainly have you over jandrea95 so you can see it first hand. If I get this thing this weekend I’m going to have a few friends over to try it out.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks for that, certainly can use the 300 for something else if it isnt that much of a difference. I did notice you can turn the backbox bulb brightness down, so ill play around with that.

This is huge. Definitely do this.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is huge. Definitely do this.

Is there a setting in the menus for this

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there a setting in the menus for this

Yes. Under adjustments

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thoughts on invisiglass/hd/etc for this machine? Ive never had it before, but there is quite a bit of translite glare in a dark room on this one. Would be worth it to me if it did indeed reduce that by a bit.

I am a big fan of HD/PDI/Invisaglass this is worth it 100%.

You will always have it to move to a different pin if you decided to sell.

To me it’s like a new windshield on a car.
A must have.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Does somebody have custom apron cards for STH?

No need to do customs. The stock cards are awesome.

#898 4 years ago

Anyone see deadflip video with the like arcade sign topper. Actually a killer idea for a topper just make it spin and an ok light show and it’d be amazing honestly. I’d prefer that over some flat plastic with the kids faces on it

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

No need to do customs. The stock cards are awesome.

I have to. Even if they are direct copies of the originals. I have a friend that prints them on metal. They are awesome.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone see deadflip video with the like arcade sign topper. Actually a killer idea for a topper just make it spin and an ok light show and it’d be amazing honestly. I’d prefer that over some flat plastic with the kids faces on it

Not a fan of toppers but I did see that. Seems to be the obvious choice. I’m glad the mod community is making them for inside the game though. Definitely getting one of those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.