IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 448.
#8851 3 years ago

Certainly is flashy, like going out to a dance club full of demagorgans. Disco demas.
I’d like to see it in person.

#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s are winner if the price holds at $649
[quoted image]

We have a winner!! hank527 pm me your address and I’ll ship out your goodies!

#8853 3 years ago

Finally get to complete the row.

20210318_145446 (resized).jpg20210318_145446 (resized).jpg20210318_145457 (resized).jpg20210318_145457 (resized).jpg
#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has UV lighting in it? I didn’t see any. Plus that wasn’t the contest.

It does. At the 27 second mark, and I was just joking.

#8855 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This should be pinside’s motto.

hahahahahaha. Yes. This. It’s a hobby, and as long as no one judges people on how they spend money on their hobby, we good. I love the community for its willingness to help others with issues. I hate the community when they judge others on excitement over someones hobby. All that aside, I think the motto of pinside is def “Not Happy, but will buy”

#8856 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It does. At the 27 second mark, and I was just joking.

I think that’s just purple. No UV per the ad from stern.

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that’s just purple. No UV per the ad from stern.

At least it t looks UV anyway. Thanks!

#8859 3 years ago

Out of stock before it even comes out for sale, and this is way pinball prices keep going up. O well I will just use that money to buy another arcade machine.

#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Out of stock before it even comes out for sale, and this is way pinball prices keep going up. O well I will just use that money to buy another arcade machine.

Get with Zach at flip n out if you want one. Or Trent at tilt.

#8861 3 years ago

I like the topper: the crack on the wall connecting to the upside down with demadogs coming out... it makes sense. I will never buy a topper as I prefer doing other things with my money, but I think it is cool.

#8862 3 years ago

I just joined the club and really like all the innovation in the game.

I think the topper looks great and I have my order in with my Distributor for one.

I have everything dialed in except for the ball lock. I'm going to take Chuck Wurt's advice and request the spec sheet PDF from stern for the ramp measurements. I've tried everything else and I can't get it working. Mine is a February 2021 build. I'll post any fix or interesting info I come across that works.

Hope you guys will let me join your club

Lol

#8863 3 years ago

Unless you don’t already have the adjustable left ramp cover, everything you need to fix your game is here. All pdf guides are here as well. It was updated last month.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#8864 3 years ago

I think it looks awesome with that deep lighting effect, it completes an already visually stunning game. Got me one on order...

#8865 3 years ago

I was able to get one reserved today. I’m happy with the look.

#8866 3 years ago

where did you order from?

Quoted from coasterguy:

I was able to get one reserved today. I’m happy with the look.

#8867 3 years ago

Topper looks kind of cool. I’m on the fence. Anyone know the height of it? Not sure if I have the headroom.

#8868 3 years ago

Got the last one

A9167CA3-8CD8-4CFF-8E96-CD83FE503213 (resized).pngA9167CA3-8CD8-4CFF-8E96-CD83FE503213 (resized).png

D67487D0-4E54-4F81-8FC7-21DC0E916DEC (resized).pngD67487D0-4E54-4F81-8FC7-21DC0E916DEC (resized).png

#8869 3 years ago

This is the topper to have...

20210309_202333 (resized).jpg20210309_202333 (resized).jpg20210322_192615 (resized).jpg20210322_192615 (resized).jpgIMG_20210311_165158_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210311_165158_01 (resized).jpg
#8870 3 years ago

i have a shooter rod, and a topper on order. now I need a uv kit and a premium/le. heh

#8871 3 years ago

Got the last one
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

my distributor receptionist said she will send me the invoice via email tomorrow. Fingers crossed..

#8872 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

This is the topper to have...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They didn’t have a bigger one?

#8873 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

my distributor receptionist said she will send me the invoice via email tomorrow. Fingers crossed..

Goodluck! I just wish they went with realistic images for the demagorgan Would have been much better IMO.

#8874 3 years ago

Goodluck! I just wish the went with realistic images for the demagorgan Would have been much better IMO.

Thnx. Yes true. But then Stern would have charged $1049.

#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Thnx. Yes true. But then Stern would have charged $1049.

HA! Probably right.
F9F4F351-3881-4395-8ED8-905C083A8A2D (resized).jpegF9F4F351-3881-4395-8ED8-905C083A8A2D (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8876 3 years ago

I like my $30 topper better.

BE9B3764-F28D-44B8-A3DE-19905328E8FD (resized).jpegBE9B3764-F28D-44B8-A3DE-19905328E8FD (resized).jpeg
#8879 3 years ago

It cracks me up how Cary Hardy is trying his hardest to see how the infinity mirror fits into the theme of Stranger Things using really obtuse logic from episodes to shoehorn it in when the REASON it fits is those were popular in the 1980s where the show is set. Think Space Invaders pinball and Hankin's Empire Strikes Back Pinball. Both came out around the beginning of 1980 and feature the effect, but it was not uncommon to see infinity mirrors in the 1980s in general. I believe there were some arcade games that had it, too.

#8880 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It cracks me up how Cary Hardy is trying his hardest to see how the infinity mirror fits into the theme of Stranger Things using really obtuse logic from episodes to shoehorn it in when the REASON it fits is those were popular in the 1980s where the show is set. Think Space Invaders pinball and Hankin's Empire Strikes Back Pinball. Both came out around the beginning of 1980 and feature the effect, but it was not uncommon to see infinity mirrors in the 1980s in general. I believe there were some arcade games that had it, too.

I saw that. I had a jukebox from the 80’s and it had infinity mirrors on it. He had to find something to hate about it.

#8881 3 years ago

When do you think the toppers will ship? Do they ship to and then from the distributor to us?

#8882 3 years ago

I saw that. I had a jukebox from the 80’s and it had infinity mirrors on it. He had to find something to hate about it.

I just think he honestly did not know that infinity mirrors were a 70s and 80s thing and that's the connection to the show. Young 'uns talking foolish from their limited pool of knowledge.

And now that you mention it, I absolutely remember infinity mirror jukeboxes, too. One of the round table pizzas in town had one back when the chain actually had a round table in every location with the knights of the round named on the seats.

#8883 3 years ago

When do you think the toppers will ship? Do they ship to and then from the distributor to us?

I'm assuming they will ship soon. Re-runs of toppers are also starting to filter out again. Elvira and Stranger Things are imminent, then:

Zeppelin
TMNT
Avengers IQ
Jurassic Park

In roughly that order. Supposedly there's still a backlog with shipping delays exacerbated by congestion at the ports.

#8884 3 years ago

Is Cary Hardy the worst person in pinball?

#8885 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Topper looks kind of cool. I’m on the fence. Anyone know the height of it? Not sure if I have the headroom.

Regarding Little Shop of Games
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/stranger-things-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7113-00/

Dimensions 26.5 × 7 × 7 in

#8886 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I haven't seen much of his stuff. The Stranger Things topper one was the only one I stuck with longer than a couple minutes because I was curious if he'd ever get to the right reason for the infinity mirror being chosen for STh. Why would you think he was the worst person in pinball?

#8887 3 years ago

I think the topper looks very cool.
The Infinty Mirror thing is a cool idea and goes great with Stranger Things.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Topper looks like live.

Are there any other pictures of the topper besides the ones from Stern?

#8888 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't seen much of his stuff. The Stranger Things topper one was the only one I stuck with longer than a couple minutes because I was curious if he'd ever get to the right reason for the infinity mirror being chosen for STh. Why would you think he was the worst person in pinball?

Because all he does is talk shit. He’s the type of guy who would endlessly hate on Stranger Things but pay 8k for Attack From Mars. Wish he would just stick to his restoration videos but of course they get less views than the ones where tears apart the hobby that he supposedly enjoys.

#8889 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Because all he does is talk shit. He’s the type of guy who would endlessly hate on Stranger Things but pay 8k for Attack From Mars. Wish he would just stick to his restoration videos but of course they get less views than the ones where tears apart the hobby that he supposedly enjoys.

Was going to get AFMr then gave STh a chance. I still haven’t watched the show mind you, and totally digged the game. My kids and wife didn’t at first because they love the show, kinda like people who read the book but hate the movie because stuff was left out. The pro on route we played was not set up well at all and the ball constantly got stuck by the demagorgan.

They started playing it and really got into it. We all went back to a different location and played AFMr se and the kids and I agreed to pass on AFM and get STh. Best choice we made. AFM looks great but just felt boring after playing STh.

They are definitely similar but for me STh wins, especially now the code is great and the topper will be a nice edition to it. Love it he infinity mirror and hope the demagorgan artwork looks better in person.

#8890 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Wow! What a D bag. Who is actually following this clown??? So yes I concur. Seems like he’s had it out for ST from the beginning.

#8891 3 years ago

I am super psyched for the topper and I think it looks awesome. I ordered from my distributor yesterday and I can't wait to add it to my machine. Totally has an 80s vibe! Someone should invite Mr. Hardy over to play a game of STh with the new code. There is no way you can play a dialed in game with new code and not enjoy everything about this machine.

#8892 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Wow! What a D bag. Who is actually following this clown??? So yes I concur. Seems like he’s had it out for ST from the beginning.

He lost me with STh. He became laughable when he called LZ a jukebox with flippers. Just go work for JJP already...

#8893 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

where did you order from?

Pinballs.com

#8894 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He lost me with STh. He became laughable when he called LZ a jukebox with flippers. Just go work for JJP already...

To be honest there are many who feel that way. It kinda is. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan and that pin was a letdown for me. But he hasn’t played STh since all the code updates and he should. It’s the same for EHOH, it was not liked much at all in the beginning and new code brought it to life.

#8895 3 years ago

To be honest there are many who feel that way. It kinda is. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan and that pin was a letdown for me. But he hasn’t played STh since all the code updates and he should. It’s the same for EHOH, it was not liked much at all in the beginning and new code brought it to life.

It's really a great game. I'm not disappointed at all. Again, I think a bunch of haters weighed in on the game that never played it...and most of the were GnR buyers. STh went thru the same crap and it's another great game. There's a shit ton of negativity around here.

#8896 3 years ago

I don't understand why people get so butt hurt about Cardy Hardy. I had no intention of posting in this thread but I was curious what the reaction to the topper would be so I was lurking a little. I personally felt Cary was far too kind and diplomatic. You can literally see the naked LED strips. That is color bombed home made topper level quality and people would rip a guy apart for a mod that the strips were visible. It's Stern so people throw money at it and call it awesome. This whole thing that anyone that has an opinion different from yours is a Dbag and a terrible person is so weird.

#8897 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I personally felt Cary was far too kind and diplomatic.

Hi Darscot, welcome to the Stranger Things club. I don’t think anyone was upset about Mr. Hardy’s review of the topper, I think it was his dismissive attitude about the game even though he heard the code had improved it. I personally think that a reviewer in Mr Hardy’s position should be able to share his opinion of any game or accessory he likes, but I think that it’s only fair to the company that makes it to actually play the new code before dismissing the game. Reviewers hold a lot of sway. Since I can’t get out to many arcades, especially this year, I give reviewers words a lot of credence. In fact, when I went shopping for a new game in January I nearly passed over Stranger Things because of all the bad buzz and bad reviews it had gotten. But I decided to try it and I am so glad I did as it was the one I loved most and I bought it. Now, Mr. Hardy may well play it again with new code and still come to the conclusion the game isn’t worth while. And that would be totally fair, but for him to continue to dismiss a game that he hasn’t had the chance to play in its current incarnation seems unfair. I think that is what people were put off by in the review, at least that is what I thought when I watched. All the best!

#8898 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hi Darscot, welcome to the Stranger Things club. I don’t think anyone was upset about Mr. Hardy’s review of the topper, I think it was his dismissive attitude about the game even though he heard the code had improved it. I personally think that a reviewer in Mr Hardy’s position should be able to share his opinion of any game or accessory he likes, but I think that it’s only fair to the company that makes it to actually play the new code before dismissing the game. Reviewers hold a lot of sway. Since I can’t get out to many arcades, especially this year, I give reviewers words a lot of credence. In fact, when I went shopping for a new game in January I nearly passed over Stranger Things because of all the bad buzz and bad reviews it had gotten. But I decided to try it and I am so glad I did as it was the one I loved most and I bought it. Now, Mr. Hardy may well play it again with new code and still come to the conclusion the game isn’t worth while. And that would be totally fair, but for him to continue to dismiss a game that he hasn’t had the chance to play in its current incarnation seems unfair. I think that is what people were put off by in the review, at least that is what I thought when I watched. All the best!

He literally said he can't comment on how the game has changed because he hasn't been able to play it. He did say he was skeptical because he can't play it due to reliability issues on route. Let me get this straight people are upset because he hold so much power as a reviewer that even when he is not doing a review and says he will not comment on a game because he hasn't played it that it is too dismissive of said game and bad for pinball? People want him to just change his review because he hears it's better without even playing it?

#8899 3 years ago

He said he couldn’t play it because it was pulled from all the locations because it didn’t make money which is a joke. It’s one of my top earners and well on its way to paying itself off even though. Ya know. The global pandemic nearly destroyed location pinball. I’ve not talked to one operator, and I talk to a lot of them, that hasn’t had Stranger Things as a top earner. Also, about the led lights being visible, that’s what infinity mirrors look like. Have you never seen on before?

#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

He said he couldn’t play it because it was pulled from all the locations because it didn’t make money which is a joke. It’s one of my top earners and well on its way to paying itself off even though. Ya know. The global pandemic nearly destroyed location pinball. I’ve not talked to one operator, and I talk to a lot of them, that hasn’t had Stranger Things as a top earner. Also, about the led lights being visible, that’s what infinity mirrors look like. Have you never seen on before?

I don't want to get in a big thing about as you guys are clearly pissed. Personally I think at that price point you should not be able to see the actual strips. Of course you need to see the light. I am talking about the actual ugly strip with the spot that says cut here. I thought they could have put in a little effort, to tuck them away or use a diffuser. There is no reason for the ugly source of the light to be visible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/178?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.