IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 449.
#8701 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I bought this decals set to have replacements for all the projector screens. It was $95 from stern. I didn’t realize it was going to have ALL the decals in the game. Haha[quoted image][quoted image]

Where does the What Mama Says decal belong? I don’t have that one on my Premium.

79B30815-482D-4F5C-970B-0B95E5D50AEC (resized).jpeg79B30815-482D-4F5C-970B-0B95E5D50AEC (resized).jpeg
#8702 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

one bulb on the right inlane guide was flickering for me. I just stretched the spring in the socket. Had almost all of them flickering on my iMDN

I'll give that a try and if it doesn't work...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try a socket that stern didn’t buy. Haha. I’ve replaced stern sockets by the flippers with pinball life ones. No issues.

I'll look into this. Thanks

#8703 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Where does the What Mama Says decal belong? I don’t have that one on my Premium.[quoted image]

My work bench. Haha. Pretty sure it’s just extra.

#8705 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you need to order parts from stern they won’t sell to you directly. You have to go through a distributor. Call one or email one to help you if you didn’t buy your game from one.
Link above works too.

Thanks, I ordered the machine from a local arcade place, not a distributor. Appreciate the clarification.

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.
[quoted image]

I can’t find anywhere here that will do it. Lots of emails nothing returned. Can’t wait to see it.

#8707 3 years ago

Alright... completely unrelated to pinball.

My 12yr old son did something so bad ass today I just had to share with the community that I like so much.

I have jumped 3 times before but I’m done. He took it to another level. I apologize because it’s completely unrelated other than he’s a huge STH fan.

#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Anyone else having that ball guide led closest to the flipper on the left side flickering? I've seen Deadflip's machine doing it as well. Same light. Stern told me it was likely a bad socket so they sent me 5 spare sockets and a bunch of led's. I finally got around to replacing it last week because I had to purchase a long nose stapler to replace the staples under the left flipper mech. Got it all replaced including a brand new led, made sure the light was centered in the hole to reduce vibration, and here we are less than a week later and it's flickering again. Flickers on ball hits to the slings, flipper actuation, and balls in the lane.
Really frustrating

Stern uses CRAAAAAAPPPPY lights. Put some comets in there and maybe also get some sockets from pinball life. It's likely the bulbs and maybe also the sockets, but usually the bulbs because Stern buys theirs from the cheapest place in China and the sockets from the runner up for that prize.

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright... completely unrelated to pinball.
My 12yr old son did something so bad ass today I just had to share with the community that I like so much.
I have jumped 3 times before but I’m done. He took it to another level. I apologize because it’s completely unrelated other than he’s a huge STH fan.

this is amazing dude! I would be so proud!
Good for you for sharing it. Best thing I've seen all day!

I think that kid is awesome!!

#8710 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this is amazing dude! I would be so proud!
Good for you for sharing it. Best thing I've seen all day!
I think that kid is awesome!!

Thank you... lockdown has been tough on him. He needed a release. Clearly this was a part of it.

#8711 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thank you... lockdown has been tough on him. He needed a release. Clearly this was a part of it.

kids are really suffering with this, specially in that age group.
I think that backflip was badass! This young man is very brave!

#8712 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Man I like the game but comparing it to EHoH...

I'll chime in and say it's way better than ehoh. Imo that's a factual statement. And yes I've owned ehoh and sold it. And yes the code was there. And yes I used small type to show my true thoughts of ehoh.
Did I mention that it's also way better than jp premium imo ...

#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'll chime in and say it's way better than ehoh. Imo that's a factual statement. And yes I've owned ehoh and sold it. And yes the code was there. And yes I used small type to show my true thoughts of ehoh.
Did I mention that it's also way better than jp premium imo ...

I am very happy to have both games. EHOH is an excellent all around package with modes that are fun and it's funny and entertaining. You can see in my history that I have owned many. Something about STH just keeps me playing unlike any other game I've ever owned. Currently, If I could only keep one pin EVER. This would be it for sure.

#8714 3 years ago

So I think I have an issue as it's happened couple times now.
After I get through a couple of the demogorgan battles maybe the 3rd or 4th one I kill it and I have a multiball going and all of a sudden the ramp starts going up and down nonstop. Feel like I have to let all the balls drain cuz I'm afraid of whacking the ramp edge and bending it or breaking the pivot point.
I'm sure someone else must of experienced this? Things to check?

#8715 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

So I think I have an issue as it's happened couple times now.
After I get through a couple of the demogorgan battles maybe the 3rd or 4th one I kill it and I have a multiball going and all of a sudden the ramp starts going up and down nonstop. Feel like I have to let all the balls drain cuz I'm afraid of whacking the ramp edge and bending it or breaking the pivot point.
I'm sure someone else must of experienced this? Things to check?

LOL. Thing to check...the rules. Haha. That's supposed to happen.

#8716 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

LOL. Thing to check...the rules. Haha. That's supposed to happen.

To funny! I kinda thought that the last time cuz it seemed like I was suppose to kill him again but...

Seems brutal lobbing steal balls at that ramp when it's in such a vulnerable position. Right?

#8717 3 years ago

I’ve seen people in the past report they nicked that ramp edge but only like a couple reports that I’ve seen. In changed the timing of that mode so it happens every 2 seconds instead of one to reduce the chances of that happening. Most players aren’t getting there anyway, and if you are, you’re probably not just wailing balls everywhere and play more controlled.

#8718 3 years ago

You can turn it off in the settings and even change how quickly it is moving. I have hit the tip of the ramp multiple times and other than some glinting it's not bent it.

I had issues with it turned off where the ramp would get stuck half way up if a ball was under the ramp when it was coming down. No way to finish the mode when that happens. I've seen it get stuck in the regular mode but since the code is resetting all the time the ramp will start moving again. I've reported that to Brian but not sure if it will get fixed or not. I'd recommend slowing it down but not shut off completely.

#8719 3 years ago

Thanks guys.

#8720 3 years ago

I’m having issues with my projector going out of focus. Moved the game recently and it was out of focus. I opened it up and adjusted the focus on the knob but every few games it goes out again.
The little metal plate with the foam is installed and I assume this foam when pushed up against the adjustment knob and secured with the metal plate is suppose to stop this from happening. However it doesn’t stay focused for more than a few games.

Anybody else have this issue?

#8721 3 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

I’m having issues with my projector going out of focus. Moved the game recently and it was out of focus. I opened it up and adjusted the focus on the knob but every few games it goes out again.
The little metal plate with the foam is installed and I assume this foam when pushed up against the adjustment knob and secured with the metal plate is suppose to stop this from happening. However it doesn’t stay focused for more than a few games.
Anybody else have this issue?

Yes. Curious to hear about potential solutions.

#8722 3 years ago

Are you sure it’s not just when you turn the game on? It takes a solid 20 mins for it to warm up and come in focus.

Also your focus wheel should have a door over it with a piece of foam that holds the wheel in place.

You need to adjust the wheel just a hair out of focus then put the cover on. The cover will move the wheel a tad when putting it back on, but should be in focus if you do it right.

Don’t adjust the focus until the game as been on for at least 30 min.

#8723 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure it’s not just when you turn the game on? It takes a solid 20 mins for it to warm up and come in focus.
Also your focus wheel should have a door over it with a piece of foam that holds the wheel in place.
You need to adjust the wheel just a hair out of focus then put the cover on. The cover will move the wheel a tad when putting it back on, but should be in focus if you do it right.
Don’t adjust the focus until the game as been on for at least 30 min.

Yeah that might be it for me. The focus is super sharp when cold and then 30 mins later it’s just out of focus enough to annoy me.

#8724 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah that might be it for me. The focus is super sharp when cold and then 30 mins later it’s just out of focus enough to annoy me.

It should be the opposite. If the game was just turned on it will be blurry for 20-30 mins. Then should be crystal clear.

#8725 3 years ago

Seems like there are so many issues that I am terrified to get my Prem I have waiting for me! Lol

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Seems like there are so many issues that I am terrified to get my Prem I have waiting for me! Lol

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself.

#8727 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Just expect to have to tweak the game a lot and maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

#8728 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I was worried too. For me I enjoy tinkering and tweaking almost as much as playing. I'm glad I too the leap, it's a fantastic game. Realistically I have 3 or 4 hours in mine and it's dialed in just how I want it.

#8729 3 years ago

I have a ST Pro on location and it's been there since I got it. Lately I've been seeing the "LEFT DOWN POST" operator error and sometimes the post will go up and down a bunch of times randomly. Sometimes in attract mode, sometimes in game play. Also the cheap-ass opto boards for the two locks before that post keep breaking! Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think the ball is hitting them I think there was a batch of shitty boards. I've replace them twice and am about to order another few sets.

#8730 3 years ago

The left down post by the left orbit? First I’ve heard of any issues with that. But we’re almost all home collectors here. In sure your game has 10k plays on it by now.

Sucks you have to keep replacing those optos!

#8731 3 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster from England!

Been in the club about 7 months now with a Stranger Things Pro (with UV Kit and powdercoated metals).

I have recently had the new ramp installed, but now the Demogorgan shot is hitting too low. Don’t want to be ‘that guy’, but can someone point me to the right direction in this thread of how to lower the Demogorgan?

Loving this thread by the way and I think it’s a great game.

Thanks!

FBB8D80A-3737-40ED-A212-A4C23D201CAF (resized).jpegFBB8D80A-3737-40ED-A212-A4C23D201CAF (resized).jpeg
#8732 3 years ago

Try the search function link up top and search the keyword “spacers”

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from JAG555:

Hello Everyone!
Long time reader, first time poster from England!
Been in the club about 7 months now with a Stranger Things Pro (with UV Kit and powdercoated metals).
I have recently had the new ramp installed, but now the Demogorgan shot is hitting too low. Don’t want to be ‘that guy’, but can someone point me to the right direction in this thread of how to lower the Demogorgan?
Loving this thread by the way and I think it’s a great game.
Thanks! [quoted image]

Page 165 as photos
It’s WAAAY easier to do than I imagined.

#8734 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It should be the opposite. If the game was just turned on it will be blurry for 20-30 mins. Then should be crystal clear.

Ya so this isn’t the case with mine. I had it on for four hours last night and it didn’t improve.
If it’s in focus it starts up perfect and stays.
Why would it need to warm up?? Doesn’t really make sense to me. It’s not a crt tube tv it’s anew projector? Maybe I’m missing something. My guess is that the focus knob is moving after a few games. Gotta secure it better than the foam on the metal I’m thinking.

#8735 3 years ago

Mine was set it and forget it. Once I had it in focus with the cover on, I never had to touch it again. I guess make sure the other bracket pieces that surround the projector are nice and snug and the projector cannot shift at all.

Not sure why your projector is coming on in focus right away. I’ve been through two projectors and both have behaved the way I describe.

Are you sure you didn’t focus yours right away then when it was warmed up it became out of focus? Leave the game on for 30 mins, focus it, then play for another 30 mins. Does it still go out of focus eventually?

#8737 3 years ago

I’ll try doing that tonight. Leave it on for an hour then focus and then see what happens. Thanks!

#8738 3 years ago

Finally got the courage to install my art blades. Not as bad as I expected. Definitely worth the time to pull PF

16161148853651615500408913988920 (resized).jpg16161148853651615500408913988920 (resized).jpg
#8739 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Finally got the courage to install my art blades. Not as bad as I expected. Definitely worth the time to pull PF
[quoted image]

I did mirror blades on MBr, Powerbladez on BKSOR, and art blades on STh. Each time I said I would pull the playfield out and I didn’t. Felt like more work to do so and I didn’t want to mess anything up, but during and after each install I was cursing.

#8740 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I did mirror blades on MBr, Powerbladez on BKSOR, and art blades on STh. Each time I said I would pull the playfield out and I didn’t. Felt like more work to do so and I didn’t want to mess anything up, but during and after each install I was cursing.

spike 2 actually makes it really easy, disconnect the cables, and, you just need someone to give you a hand pulling the pf out (not sure I can do it by myself) but it is only a few connectors.
This would be way more complicated in a 90s game (or earlier), love the simplicity!

#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You had frustrating installs with art blades? Did you use the wet method? It's SUPER forgiving. Easiest method of all for art blades.

#8742 3 years ago

Anyone knows if the topper will also add an extra mode ?

#8743 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone knows if the topper will also add an extra mode ?

I don’t think so.

#8744 3 years ago

So only elwin Games ?

#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

spike 2 actually makes it really easy, disconnect the cables, and, you just need someone to give you a hand pulling the pf out (not sure I can do it by myself) but it is only a few connectors.
This would be way more complicated in a 90s game (or earlier), love the simplicity!

Not bad at all, 1 network cable, 2 connectors, 1 HDMI and a few zip ties.
I was able to lift it out alone, but struggled going back in, I have those plastic art/mirror blade protectors and they took a beating going back in.

#8747 3 years ago

I installed the art blades from Tilt without removing the playfield and with only a slight assist from my wife. She held the playfield vertical (not leaned against the head) and I installed the art. Their adhesive is really forgiving. No wet method needed. Maybe took 10 minutes. I can't speak to the adhesive on any other products, but I wouldn't do anything different than what I did for future Tilt installs.

#8748 3 years ago

This piece just slid down my playfield the screw was not attached.
it seems that it came from the demodog shot, there appears to be one still in place there though.

any ideas on where it goes?

IMG_7674 (resized).JPGIMG_7674 (resized).JPG
#8749 3 years ago

I used the wet method on the cointaker blades, with the PF vertical against backboard. First time doing blades, it was pretty simple. I aligned the hole punch out in the blade with the hinge bolt hole on the cab wall and then just rotated the blades while keeping that hole centered on cab wall hole, until the line was straight along the top edge of the cab. I had myself all psyched out about it, but really no big deal afterall lol.

#8750 3 years ago

Anyone have the armor on their Pro? I am not sure I am a fan of it, but don't wanna buy it if it looks bad. Haven't seen a single machine with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/175?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.