IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 449.
#8652 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

It is hard to take good pics in UV, but I bought a set of uv reactive markers from Amazon and highlighted the edges of Billy's camaro. Looks pretty neat when the upside down mode starts! I'm still waiting to see if the ink lasts, though.
[quoted image]

Nice!!

#8653 3 years ago

Should the demogorgon take damage by the ball falling in the VUK, or when it hits the sling by the flipper?

#8654 3 years ago

It should only damage/kill it from bashing or making it in the mouth. That’s it.

#8655 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It should only damage/kill it from bashing or making it in the mouth. That’s it.

Interesting. It definitely took damage from dropping in the vuk and then again from hitting the top corner of the right sling.
On the same topic, did you beg Stern to add shaker (more?) to the demogorgan? My shaker never goes on when it roars. Makes no sense.

#8656 3 years ago

Looks great

#8657 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks for the reply. I need to add LEDs to both. Will try to come up with a base with o mount it. Couldn’t bring myself to pay the money for the mod when I got the cars for $13 each.

Now I just wish someone would make/sell some bases for both vehicles!

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Now I just wish someone would make/sell some bases for both vehicles!

Exactly! Someone with a 3D printer needs to make one.

#8659 3 years ago

If you just get a sheet of Lexan from Amazon and use you dremel, shouldn’t be too hard.

#8660 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you just get a sheet of Lexan from Amazon and use you dremel, shouldn’t be too hard.

By the time I buy a sheet of lexan here in Canada (and a cutting tool) I’m looking at well over $100. I think I just fell in love with alien tape! Lol

#8661 3 years ago

Well think of it as an investment in some tools you’re going to need many more times in the future. I bought a sheet of lexan a couple years ago and I’m still using it to make protectors and guards, etc.

Dremel is a hugely important tool for pinball repair too.

Just a thought.

This alien tape does seem awesome. I need to try some.

#8662 3 years ago

Exactly! Someone with a 3D printer needs to make one.

The mounts they came with were more than enough for me. Curious where you all want to put them that would require something else

#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Interesting. It definitely took damage from dropping in the vuk and then again from hitting the top corner of the right sling.
On the same topic, did you beg Stern to add shaker (more?) to the demogorgan? My shaker never goes on when it roars. Makes no sense.

Put it in switch test and pound on the playfield. I'm guessing you have a loose opto that is triggering from the right vibrations. Hopefully just physically loose but a minor short or flaky solder joint could be suspect.

The shaker is awesome in this game since the last code update (or maybe 2 ago?). Make sure you are running the latest code.

#8664 3 years ago

Does anyone have an idea of where to get a Hawkins Power and Light van? If not, what is the scale of the Camaro and Hopper's truck? Might be able to cobble something together with some decals. I've been rewatching the show and it would be cool to add one I think.

#8665 3 years ago

And, unrelated, does anyone know where to get that cool decal for the demogorgon ramp? I though cointaker made them but I haven't seen them on their site.

#8666 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

And, unrelated, does anyone know where to get that cool decal for the demogorgon ramp? I though cointaker made them but I haven't seen them on their site.

I have been looking also. There were a couple places that had them but I can’t find them anymore.

I just bought a glow in the dark piece of vinyl and I am going to make something with our Cricut maker. Thought it wold be cool when the UV lights come on if not I’m out 7 bucks.

#8667 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have been looking also. There were a couple places that had them but I can’t find them anymore.
I just bought a glow in the dark piece of vinyl and I am going to make something with our Cricut maker. Thought it wold be cool when the UV lights come on if not I’m out 7 bucks.

I'd be interested to check that out!

#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

I'd be interested to check that out!

I bought mine at Tilt Graphics, but it's not there anymore: https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/stranger-things

The measurements were a little off but it still looks good. I heard that the original ramps were a little smaller, and on the newer builds the ramp is slightly bigger. Maybe Tilt is working on creating new ones that are slightly larger? I'd give them a call and ask about it. They had about 4 different ones to choose from.

#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The mounts they came with were more than enough for me. Curious where you all want to put them that would require something else

So you just used the mounts that came with the cars themselves? I didn’t buy the ones already modded. I bought mine directly from target and Walmart. Only mount in it was the plastic piece that secured it to the cardboard. That wouldn’t work.

#8670 3 years ago

I used the mount that came with the car. Added clear tape and no problem.

#8671 3 years ago
84086810-0A32-468E-9BCC-CD906D51EAEF (resized).jpeg84086810-0A32-468E-9BCC-CD906D51EAEF (resized).jpegBE4393CE-F52F-45EA-B06B-42DB748C39EA (resized).jpegBE4393CE-F52F-45EA-B06B-42DB748C39EA (resized).jpegDBD5AB73-49F7-4DDB-B123-B3FC2D65BF51 (resized).jpegDBD5AB73-49F7-4DDB-B123-B3FC2D65BF51 (resized).jpeg
#8672 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

I used the mount that came with the car. Added clear tape and no problem.

I am looking to mount it using the ramp screws near the flashers towards the front. I want to tie in LEDs to the flashers. I just haven’t looked into it yet.

#8673 3 years ago

Sounds good. I used the original mount with clear tape and tied in the LEDs in Hoppers truck to one of lights on the back panel assy.

#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Sounds good. I used the original mount with clear tape and tied in the LEDs in Hoppers truck to one of lights on the back panel assy.

Do you have a link to the LEDs you used? I am kinda new to modding and using LEDs. I am 50 lol and got into pinball in 2019, so still a work in progress lol.

#8675 3 years ago

So you just used the mounts that came with the cars themselves? I didn’t buy the ones already modded. I bought mine directly from target and Walmart. Only mount in it was the plastic piece that secured it to the cardboard. That wouldn’t work.

I got mine from Amazon and used the plastic cardboard mounts that came with it. I think I had to dremel the screws shorter but that was about it. Once I put it back together I used clear command strips to mount on the ramps. Simple, clean, and non destructive

#8676 3 years ago

I got mine from Amazon and used the plastic cardboard mounts that came with it. I think I had to dremel the screws shorter but that was about it. Once I put it back together I used clear command strips to mount on the ramps. Simple, clean, and non destructive

Ok cool. Thanks for explaining. Appreciate it.

#8677 3 years ago

Do you have a link to the LEDs you used? I am kinda new to modding and using LEDs. I am 50 lol and got into pinball in 2019, so still a work in progress lol.

I used the LEDs and connectors from Comet Pinball.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips

#8678 3 years ago

So I joined the club with a Premium this past Saturday! This was a NIB, with a build date of Feb 2020. I think it had 0.82 loaded on it, now has 1.02. I went through this thread and came up with a list I worked through before playing my first game. Huge thanks to everyone here for posting fixes, Service Bulletins etc!

I got the TK lock dialed in pretty well, even though I have the non-adjustable ramp cover. I am going to request the ramp cover anyway just in case I need it in the future.
The demogorgan adjustment took awhile, but I am pretty happy with it now. One thing I noticed is that my demogorgan was slightly mounted crooked. They missed the pilot holes when putting this together at the factory. I don't think this made much of a difference, but every bit helps right?

Quick shout out to my escalera too, since I have a non-walkout basement. That is such a back saver!

dolly (resized).jpgdolly (resized).jpgdemo (resized).jpgdemo (resized).jpgmaddy (resized).jpgmaddy (resized).jpg
#8679 3 years ago

Right ramp does not always register, common issue i guess because the ball goes above the sensor?

Hard shot anyway, that right ramp

BFEB834C-6F28-4CD0-AA60-879C14D09E65 (resized).jpegBFEB834C-6F28-4CD0-AA60-879C14D09E65 (resized).jpeg
#8680 3 years ago

Not a common issue unless your game doesn’t have the cover on the ramp. The switch should resister every time.

#8681 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a common issue unless your game doesn’t have the cover on the ramp. The switch should resister every time.

Yes, cover is on ramp...

#8682 3 years ago

Then I would make sure the Opto is positioned right and is not loose. It shouldn’t be possible for the ball to jump the opto.

#8683 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I would make sure the Opto is positioned right and is not loose. It shouldn’t be possible for the ball to jump the opto.

Think it is good. The red flash didn't always blink when the ball goes through but saw combos on the screen every time... So think its normal that not everytime the ball goes to the right ramp makes sound and light right?

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I bought this decals set to have replacements for all the projector screens. It was $95 from stern. I didn’t realize it was going to have ALL the decals in the game. Haha[quoted image][quoted image]

I lost a target backer/decal today. I was thinking about buying this whole set to have spares and leave the goodie bag intact.
Does that kit have the thicker "pad" for small targets specifically the right side of left ramp?

16158535168313169007138183171654 (resized).jpg16158535168313169007138183171654 (resized).jpg
#8685 3 years ago

Yes. It has everything in the game.

#8686 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. It has everything in the game.

Perfect thank you.

#8687 3 years ago

I am getting mine at some point this week or next and was wondering if there is something I need to look for before I play my first game.
There are 174 pages on this thread, and even though I am eager to get as much knowledge as possible I was wondering if there is something I should be looking for right off the bat.

This would be my second Stern, my first is AIQ and I am VERY impressed with what Stern does... and I am very much looking forward to playing this game again. It is a very sweet game.

#8688 3 years ago

Just fire it up and play. Let us know if you have any questions after you get some time on it.

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

I used the LEDs and connectors from Comet Pinball.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips

Thank you so much! What length did you get and color? I am thinking UV.

#8690 3 years ago

So I bought this decals set to have replacements for all the projector screens. It was $95 from stern. I didn’t realize it was going to have ALL the decals in the game. Haha

Can anyone recommend a specific distro/phone number that carries this? I'd like to order it also, but the places I called earlier had no record of the part number. thx.

#8691 3 years ago

No distros will have it. Stern did. Just order it directly from them through a distro.

#8692 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No distros will have it. Stern did. Just order it directly from them through a distro.

Apologies, but I don't know what you mean when you say "through a distro". Do I just email Pablo, or is there a phone number I can actually call?

#8694 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Apologies, but I don't know what you mean when you say "through a distro". Do I just email Pablo, or is there a phone number I can actually call?

If you need to order parts from stern they won’t sell to you directly. You have to go through a distributor. Call one or email one to help you if you didn’t buy your game from one.

Link above works too.

#8695 3 years ago

Anyone else having that ball guide led closest to the flipper on the left side flickering? I've seen Deadflip's machine doing it as well. Same light. Stern told me it was likely a bad socket so they sent me 5 spare sockets and a bunch of led's. I finally got around to replacing it last week because I had to purchase a long nose stapler to replace the staples under the left flipper mech. Got it all replaced including a brand new led, made sure the light was centered in the hole to reduce vibration, and here we are less than a week later and it's flickering again. Flickers on ball hits to the slings, flipper actuation, and balls in the lane.

Really frustrating

#8696 3 years ago

If anyone is interested, Mike at Great American just got a shipment of shooter knobs in, likely the last run. Guessing other distros are/have as well, but I bought mine from Mike since he is local. Just a heads up for those looking.

#8697 3 years ago

Anyone else having that ball guide led closest to the flipper on the left side flickering? I've seen Deadflip's machine doing it as well. Same light. Stern told me it was likely a bad socket so they sent me 5 spare sockets and a bunch of led's. I finally got around to replacing it last week because I had to purchase a long nose stapler to replace the staples under the left flipper mech. Got it all replaced including a brand new led, made sure the light was centered in the hole to reduce vibration, and here we are less than a week later and it's flickering again. Flickers on ball hits to the slings, flipper actuation, and balls in the lane.
Really frustrating

one bulb on the right inlane guide was flickering for me. I just stretched the spring in the socket. Had almost all of them flickering on my iMDN

#8698 3 years ago

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.

20210316_141012 (resized) (resized).jpg20210316_141012 (resized) (resized).jpg
#8699 3 years ago

Really frustrating

Try a socket that stern didn’t buy. Haha. I’ve replaced stern sockets by the flippers with pinball life ones. No issues.

#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.
[quoted image]

How much did that set you back? Pics please once assembled. Looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/174?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.