IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 449.
#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Have Billies Camaro and Hoppers Bronco. How are you guys mounting it and I want to add some LEDs and tie into the flashers on the ramps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Double sided gel tape is a typical tool used to secure it. If you buy the camaro mod, it comes attached to a 3d printed base with a mounting hole. The pre-made Blazer and camaro mods also have the Led lights and headlights
https://www.amazon.com/Nano-Double-Sided-Tape-Tape%EF%BC%8CWashable/dp/B07VNSXY31/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa

Here's where I mounted mine

20210305_225422 (resized).jpg20210305_225422 (resized).jpg
#8602 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Double sided gel tape is a typical tool used to secure it. If you buy the camaro mod, it comes attached to a 3d printed base with a mounting hole. The pre-made Blazer and camaro mods also have the Led lights and headlights
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Today i bought hopper’s chevy 1:32 jada toys. Any idea how to mount this car? Thought doublesize tape but maybe there is an better way?

#8603 3 years ago
20210305_224905 (resized).jpg20210305_224905 (resized).jpg
#8604 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m on a Mac. Any other suggestions?

I stole this from a post in another thread, you'll have to use terminal to do this, please be careful:

If you have a disk image (like this code) you don't need any special software at all on OSX, you can just run dd from the terminal.
For example,
See all block devices:
diskutil list
Umount the sd card you want:
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2
Copy the image:
sudo dd bs=1m if=turtles_prem_le-1_41.ReleaseV4.16G.sdcard.1987.raw of=/dev/rdisk2
Notes:
1) Be sure you actually have the right device "/dev/disk2" in my case, so you don't destroy your hard drive.
2) The "r" in the "rdisk2" is not a typo in the dd command. It is raw access and goes way faster.

#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I agree, it's unlike any other game I've played. Just dripping in this atmosphere that you don't get at all on location.

Only other game I've played with this same kind of atmosphere is Alien. Moody as hell, just like STh.

Later,
EV

#8606 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nice! Today i bought hopper’s chevy 1:32 jada toys. Any idea how to mount this car? Thought doublesize tape but maybe there is an better way?

I use Alien tape, it’s strong yet can be easily removed without damaging anything.

4E1537B8-3182-4991-B171-235EF9DB2A92 (resized).jpeg4E1537B8-3182-4991-B171-235EF9DB2A92 (resized).jpeg5256F906-BA79-4EB4-A517-E96B04154281 (resized).jpeg5256F906-BA79-4EB4-A517-E96B04154281 (resized).jpeg5950E26C-F95F-4184-82E5-2D72EDD92E97 (resized).jpeg5950E26C-F95F-4184-82E5-2D72EDD92E97 (resized).jpeg8ACAC3ED-1607-40F6-95BC-5D470801C488 (resized).jpeg8ACAC3ED-1607-40F6-95BC-5D470801C488 (resized).jpeg9CD2784D-B59F-4270-AC80-6BAB0668367B (resized).jpeg9CD2784D-B59F-4270-AC80-6BAB0668367B (resized).jpegD14D22B7-1F3B-4157-91ED-D288CA625D79 (resized).jpegD14D22B7-1F3B-4157-91ED-D288CA625D79 (resized).jpeg
#8607 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Looks promising! How are you attaching the Darkstar to the ramps and main screen?

From post #8599:

Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've got a couple different kinds of double sided adhesive sheets coming in today that I'm going to give a shot. Provided it works out well, I'll make another update on where I'm at with it and what I did.
For the thin stand up targets, I'll likely use a firmly padded mounting tape for better application over the rivet, and hopefully longer life against wear.
Likely still be another week or so before I get the rest of the material.
Samples of Darkstar 9 are available for $16 each, buy they're rather small. I'll have 5 sheets total to mess with and will see what's necessary to do everything. https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p127/Sample_Screen_Material.html

Unfortunately I just got a message from Elite Screens telling me they only have 1 more piece of the Darkstar 9 sample to send me (or perhaps they're intentionally limiting the amount), and that they'll refund the rest...frustrating, but I'll look for more elsewhere if possible. I'll only wind up with enough to do the main board and some of the small pieces (will need to find more for the ramps).

#8608 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Basically anything clear that is removable. I used clear command strips https://www.amazon.com/Command-Replacement-Strips-Re-Hang-17022CLR-16ES/dp/B00IGIT09A

#8609 3 years ago

After considering all of the fantastic responses to Pro vs Premium, I went ahead and am going with a Premium. Now, what do folks think about the Stern art blades or was thinking mirrors might look great with the Premium lightshow?

#8610 3 years ago

Art blades are best for this title to keep the creepy theme going.

#8611 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

After considering all of the fantastic responses to Pro vs Premium, I went ahead and am going with a Premium. Now, what do folks think about the Stern art blades or was thinking mirrors might look great with the Premium lightshow?

I opted for art blades, just trying to build up the courage to install them now.

#8612 3 years ago

I'm going black mirror blades...

Just about to start pf swap, testing uv ok...

20210312_103154 (resized).jpg20210312_103154 (resized).jpg
#8613 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

From post #8599:

Unfortunately I just got a message from Elite Screens telling me they only have 1 more piece of the Darkstar 9 sample to send me (or perhaps they're intentionally limiting the amount), and that they'll refund the rest...frustrating, but I'll look for more elsewhere if possible. I'll only wind up with enough to do the main board and some of the small pieces (will need to find more for the ramps).

Ah that sucks. Maybe you could use the other Darkstar product they have (not the 9) for the ramps and whatever is left? Either way thanks for the info.

#8614 3 years ago

I have a very oddball problem w/ the ramp motor. I was able to readjust the switches that controls the ramp, as the ramp now works as it should. But each time a switch is triggered the ramp motor activates. No matter what switch (drop targets, flippers, slings, etc.) the ramp motor runs. The ramp still works at it should, but I also have very intermittent hits on the Demogorgon health bar as well. I do have a PM to Pablo, but would rather not wait till Christmas. If anyone has any suggestions >

#8615 3 years ago

mine arrives next week! also ordered the uv light kit. I played an LE and I wa blown away. I do not care for the LE but truly wanted the projector and UV light, will add a shaker.
love the theme, the show and the music and the gameplay is just pure fun. really excited.

#8616 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I have a very oddball problem w/ the ramp motor. I was able to readjust the switches that controls the ramp, as the ramp now works as it should. But each time a switch is triggered the ramp motor activates. No matter what switch (drop targets, flippers, slings, etc.) the ramp motor runs. The ramp still works at it should, but I also have very intermittent hits on the Demogorgon health bar as well. I do have a PM to Pablo, but would rather not wait till Christmas. If anyone has any suggestions >

Put the game in switch test and see if you notice any odd behavior when you flip the flippers or register switches around the playfield.

#8617 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

IMO the tilt graphics blades are better than the stern ones. But just go with what you like best.

#8618 3 years ago

Already tried the switch test going to every switch w/ no oddball results. I even tried tapping my fist on the playfield to try to trigger the problem area. The ramp motor activating w/ each switch hit is really unusual. There is also no error display for any switch. Though it's probably something simple, this is something I've personally never seen or heard of before. Maybe the ghost of Sam Stern is messing w/ me?

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Ah that sucks. Maybe you could use the other Darkstar product they have (not the 9) for the ramps and whatever is left? Either way thanks for the info.

Doesn't seem to even be an option to get that sample, though their description makes the DS 9 sound ideal with the larger viewing area. The Darkstar 9 can be moved at all sorts of angles to the player and still looks stellar, unlike any other material I've tried.

I'm fairly obsessive when it comes to this sort of trial and error (have tried about 20 materials), and the DS 9 is the only material that has worked on the ramps at all, and does so in incredible fashion, so hopefully I can get more. Going to see if having local friends order a piece each will work (if ES is just trying to limit samples of their flagship material to one).

#8620 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Already tried the switch test going to every switch w/ no oddball results. I even tried tapping my fist on the playfield to try to trigger the problem area. The ramp motor activating w/ each switch hit is really unusual. There is also no error display for any switch. Though it's probably something simple, this is something I've personally never seen or heard of before. Maybe the ghost of Sam Stern is messing w/ me?

Any odd behavior when you test the ramp up and down itself?

So when you’re in game every switch you hit causes the ramp to go up and down? That is really weird. Haha

#8621 3 years ago

Pablo did just respond back w/ some ideas on what may be causing the switch trigger anomaly. He suggested to redo the latest code or doing a factory reset. I was actually thinking there was possibly a glitch when I downloading the code on my end. I'll try that first, then if that doesn't correct the problem I'll do a factory reset. Though I don't want to erase my beautiful high scores I'll do what it takes to get the machine back to 100%. I'll keep everyone informed >

#8622 3 years ago

You can save your settings and high scores to a usb stick before you reset stuff.

#8623 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any odd behavior when you test the ramp up and down itself?
So when you’re in game every switch you hit causes the ramp to go up and down? That is really weird. Haha

Just wanted to confirm that the ramp is working as it should. What happens is w/ every switch hit the ramp motor is activated. The ramp doesn't move, but there is the constant sound of the ramp motor wailing. Even Pablo stated that this is really bizarre. If he is amazed then that says a lot!

#8624 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Just wanted to confirm that the ramp is working as it should. What happens is w/ every switch hit the ramp motor is activated. The ramp doesn't move, but there is the constant sound of the ramp motor wailing. Even Pablo stated that this is really bizarre. If he is amazed then that says a lot!

Crazy. How can the motor run without moving the ramp? Haha

#8625 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can save your settings and high scores to a usb stick before you reset stuff.

Thanks Chuck, I never even thought of that. That's exactly what I might have to do. There's a reason why you're the president/director of our STh's club > I appreciate!

#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Basically anything clear that is removable. I used clear command strips amazon.com link »

Thanks for your reply. Anyone add LEDs to the vehicles by tying into the flasher lights on the ramps?

#8627 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crazy. How can the motor run without moving the ramp? Haha

The wheel that is not actively on the ramp mechanism underneath the playfield must be spinning. One switch wheel goes up & the other activates the wheel down. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

#8628 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Art blades are best for this title to keep the creepy theme going.

Has anybody seen these art blades for sale in the US? I prefer the woods without the demos that are on the Tilt Graphics blades.

EEE2C822-1A29-4D92-B7CF-ECBBCEDBBB91 (resized).jpegEEE2C822-1A29-4D92-B7CF-ECBBCEDBBB91 (resized).jpeg
#8629 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Has anybody seen these art blades for sale in the US? I prefer the woods without the demos that are on the Tilt Graphics blades.
[quoted image]

Did you see these at cointaker?

Screenshot_20210312-113958_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210312-113958_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8630 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I don’t think you can get them anywhere else. I have ordered from retro before. It takes awhile to get them but they do come.

#8631 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm going black mirror blades...
Just about to start pf swap, testing uv ok...[quoted image]

what happened to the PF?

#8632 3 years ago

Nothing happened, just wanted it mint so did a custom blackout and clearcoat on a new pf.

Just noticed they change the entry point and hole for te demo harness...interesting

#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nothing happened, just wanted it mint so did a custom blackout and clearcoat on a new pf.
Just noticed they change the entry point and hole for te demo harness...interesting

Mind taking comparison pics? I'd be interested in seeing what's different

#8634 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the reply. I need to add LEDs to both. Will try to come up with a base with o mount it. Couldn’t bring myself to pay the money for the mod when I got the cars for $13 each.

#8635 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Did you see these at cointaker?[quoted image]

I bought the cointaker art blades and added blue LEDs to the back and think it looks great. It’s not as dark as in the pics.

6161F47D-966A-4976-8D40-410B37450AE8 (resized).jpeg6161F47D-966A-4976-8D40-410B37450AE8 (resized).jpeg
#8637 3 years ago

The more I play this game the more it becomes my all-time favorite. It’s getting close to EHOH on my list. Has it overtaken your top spot yet?
I’m thrilled to have it with Elvira.

#8638 3 years ago

It will be impossible for this game to ever top Big game or GOT. But it’s definitely awesome.

#8639 3 years ago

Man I like the game but comparing it to EHoH...

#8640 3 years ago

It’s impossible for me to get into a game that has such long ball times. Huge turn off for me.

#8641 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Don’t get me wrong EHOH is incredible and the longest I’ve ever kept a pin. Maybe it’s just the honeymoon phase. I can’t stop playing this!

#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Quoted from coasterguy:

Don’t get me wrong EHOH is incredible and the longest I’ve ever kept a pin. Maybe it’s just the honeymoon phase. I can’t stop playing this!

I own both Stranger Things (pro) and EHOH

Each holds there own very well in my lineup

A3A1436E-D0CE-4BEF-9601-1C0CB9229F4A (resized).jpegA3A1436E-D0CE-4BEF-9601-1C0CB9229F4A (resized).jpeg
#8643 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be impossible for this game to ever top Big game or GOT. But it’s definitely awesome.

Like a dumbass I sold the greatest most dialed in GOT pro ever anticipating grabbing a premium/LE for a little change (I think you did the same yes?). Crickets. I guess I should have lined up the other game first haha. I got a Meteor in the deal, which is awesome, but man do I miss that game. I see a lot of similarities in GOT and STh in that they’re both late bloomers and fantastic games. Remember the early reception for GOT? Yikes!

#8644 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Like a dumbass I sold the greatest most dialed in GOT pro ever anticipating grabbing a premium/LE for a little change (I think you did the same yes?). Crickets. I guess I should have lined up the other game first haha. I got a Meteor in the deal, which is awesome, but man do I miss that game. I see a lot of similarities in GOT and STh in that they’re both late bloomers and fantastic games. Remember the early reception for GOT? Yikes!

I've only played GOT in loud bars, and never really looked into the rules. SO...I don't even understand what picking different houses means, much less understanding how to play. I'm usually a Prem guy, but I wasn't a fan of the upper playfield. So, other than wishing I had the theme song in my gameroom (damn I miss that show), the game completely fell off my radar.

Recently, I've seen you and Chuck fawning over GOT in this thread, which has piqued my interest. But then again...you did hate JP...so how can I trust your judgement? I'm loving your old JP - BTW!

Hopefully you'll get a GOT back in your lineup for when we can all get together post-covid. Not that I need another game to want, but I'd love to be introduced to another cool game.

Glad to see you're loving STh. Based on our conversation, I figured you would.

#8645 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've only played GOT in loud bars, and never really looked into the rules. SO...I don't even understand what picking different houses means, much less understanding how to play. I'm usually a Prem guy, but I wasn't a fan of the upper playfield. So, other than wishing I had the theme song in my gameroom (damn I miss that show), the game completely fell off my radar.
Recently, I've seen you and Chuck fawning over GOT in this thread, which has piqued my interest. But then again...you did hate JP...so how can I trust your judgement? I'm loving your old JP - BTW!
Hopefully you'll get a GOT back in your lineup for when we can all get together post-covid. Not that I need another game to want, but I'd love to be introduced to another cool game.
Glad to see you're loving STh. Based on our conversation, I figured you would.

I didn’t hate JP, I just felt that STh was more my style (it is) and that JP would be a better addition into the Cheeks lineup (it is). GOT is a great push start and “how do I want to attack this time” game. Great if you own it, not so much on location if you don’t know the rules. We’ve got a great group of guys with a lot of great games and we’re all stoked to hang with you soon. Been moving the demo around with rubber bands, zip ties, etc to find the perfect spot so it’s still challenging but also make-able from a good shot from a cradle about 50% of the time. Got a bunch of spacers from PBL so hopefully it’ll be a quick one time disassembly (it won’t).

#8646 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Like a dumbass I sold the greatest most dialed in GOT pro ever anticipating grabbing a premium/LE for a little change (I think you did the same yes?). Crickets. I guess I should have lined up the other game first haha.

Haha. Yes. I played the hell out of my pro for like 5 years and put 10k plays on it.

Told Trent I was gonna sell it and buy a premium and asked him if he had one. He had a premium and offered to buy my pro too. It was lucky and perfect. Haha.

#8647 3 years ago

Dumb post alert......lol

So I was out of the loop for a while until I started buying games this past year or so. I have the LED flipper buttons and the spinning arcade sign mod. They seem to connect at the same spot near the coin door. I ordered splitters but, they aren't correct. Suggestions welcome as I cannot be the only one this has happened too?

#8648 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I purchased tilt graphics art blades with demos awhile ago. I think they fit in great with the machine. But to each their own.

A1C97D8E-4677-4540-89F2-26A8CE1C6894 (resized).jpegA1C97D8E-4677-4540-89F2-26A8CE1C6894 (resized).jpegE01B0345-F9B4-4D34-95A4-B2394A1B3334 (resized).jpegE01B0345-F9B4-4D34-95A4-B2394A1B3334 (resized).jpeg
#8649 3 years ago

They do look good. The demos aren’t too overwhelming. Thanks! Tilt wins!

#8650 3 years ago

It is hard to take good pics in UV, but I bought a set of uv reactive markers from Amazon and highlighted the edges of Billy's camaro. Looks pretty neat when the upside down mode starts! I'm still waiting to see if the ink lasts, though.

IMG_20210313_161851 (resized).jpgIMG_20210313_161851 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/173?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.