IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 449.
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LE may be hard to find but I'd go for prem for sure - P1 has a bunch of prems right now. You can pick up in Montreal or they will ship to the Ottawa D&R depot for 100$. I just did that for my LE.
The projector and TK locks are awesome. UV light kit is being run/sold one last time so you may need to get on that right away unless you buy a used game with it included already.

Thanks Mike. Yeah definitely wanting the uv kit.

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thanks Mike. Yeah definitely wanting the uv kit.

Premium all day. I have never played the pro and I’m sure it’s a ton of fun but there’s just so much going on with this projector that I couldn’t imagine staring at stickers. If it’s all I knew I would be more than happy with it.

#8553 3 years ago

that translite is amazing! so much better than the original!
I am contemplating buying this game, I just had a chance to play it and really liked it. At the moment I own AIQ and really love it.
I do not have any complains about Stern games, I think they are awesome games.
I dont understand why is this game so underrated. I presume it must be a generational thing. I foresee this title becoming a classic in the future.
With that said, which one is the one to get? PRO PRE LE? I love the UV light kit on this game so that is a must I know.

I went for the Le and couldn’t be happier. Zero regrets. Love the purple, shaker, hd glass , art blades etc.... by the time you add that to a premium..... $$$ le is great

#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Premium all day. I have never played the pro and I’m sure it’s a ton of fun but there’s just so much going on with this projector that I couldn’t imagine staring at stickers. If it’s all I knew I would be more than happy with it.

Pre/LE look amazing, but I've had the Pro since Jan. 2020 and absolutely love it. Still enjoy it today like the day I brought it home - I have over 1,200 games on this (mostly mine)... Installed the UV kit recently, and it's definitely a next-level upgrade.

#8555 3 years ago

Def wish I had a projector. TK lock sounds like it would just piss me off.

#8556 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pre/LE look amazing, but I've had the Pro since Jan. 2020 and absolutely love it. Still enjoy it today like the day I brought it home - I have over 1,200 games on this (mostly mine)... Installed the UV kit recently, and it's definitely a next-level upgrade.

Same here. I got my pro in January 2020 and even with all the issues I've had with mine I still love it and I have almost 4,000 games on it mostly me. I've had the UV kit since it was released though. Definitely a mandatory upgrade

#8557 3 years ago

I dont understand why is this game so underrated. I presume it must be a generational thing. I foresee this title becoming a classic in the future.
With that said, which one is the one to get? PRO PRE LE? I love the UV light kit on this game so that is a must I know.

IMO (which actually means nothing), I chose the Prem. I believe the projector is a must for me, but honestly, it was the overall art package on the game that did it. The Prem package looked better overall; from the cabinet to the translight (though I do wish it was mirrored). As for the other “upgrades”...meh. I bought the tilt graphics blades - which I find much better. I purchased a shaker, the UV kit, the UV shooter rod, Hopper’s suv, Billy’s Camaro, some ULEK store Hawkins signs, cool speaker lights...
***disclaimer - I don’t have the game in my possession yet. Told Player1 I’d wait for the back ordered UV Stern add-ons before they ship my game; that way I’d get them all at once. Have all the mods ready to go though! Lol

#8558 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

***disclaimer - I don’t have the game in my possession yet. Told Player1 I’d wait for the back ordered UV Stern add-ons before they ship my game; that way I’d get them all at once. Have all the mods ready to go though! Lol

LOL!!! That's what I had said too. And then changed my mind last week. I figured I'd get time to tweak it so that when all the add-ons come in I could just add them and continue playing. Turns out no tweaking was necessary. Everything works as intended but flipper fade is a reality on this game - reminds me so much of LOTR. Ordered my flipper cooling kit.

#8559 3 years ago

Is bob somewhere in game? He is an hero!

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Is bob somewhere in game? He is an hero!

His image is in the pop bumper area. I think that's it though.

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LOL!!! That's what I had said too. And then changed my mind last week. I figured I'd get time to tweak it so that when all the add-ons come in I could just add them and continue playing. Turns out no tweaking was necessary. Everything works as intended but flipper fade is a reality on this game - reminds me so much of LOTR. Ordered my flipper cooling kit.

I thought they were out of stock? I looked on pinside and on pinmonk's page and both show sold out. I need to get one also because I really noticed the fade the other night after playing for about 2 hours.

#8562 3 years ago

All, super late to the game on this...interested in a NIB Premium but looks like they are pretty much sold out (although a few price gougers out there). So question is, what do you all think of the Pro? Really like the projector and really, really want TK lock, but is the Pro acceptable (or more than acceptable?) fun and fine theme integration? I could always wait for a used premium but kinda want to move on this for wife's birthday!

#8563 3 years ago

Sure. If you like the game, might as well get what’s available.

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

All, super late to the game on this...interested in a NIB Premium but looks like they are pretty much sold out (although a few price gougers out there). So question is, what do you all think of the Pro? Really like the projector and really, really want TK lock, but is the Pro acceptable (or more than acceptable?) fun and fine theme integration? I could always wait for a used premium but kinda want to move on this for wife's birthday!

Check with Jason at Classic Gamerooms. I bought mine there a couple of weeks ago, including a UV kit. He had around 10 STh prems and 3 UV kits on hand at the time. Great pricing too.

#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Really like the projector and really, really want TK lock, but is the Pro acceptable (or more than acceptable?) fun and fine theme integration?

Of course the Pro is acceptable. But to me, the projector is the single most distinguishing Pro vs. Premium feature on any Stern. It's so central to the theme and the vibe, that I just wouldn't give it up. It's not just the main screen. All the targets, drops, and ramps have projections on them. Seeing the drops change to show each successive word that you need to spell is awesome. To see things animate across the standup targets is cool. To see the ramps showing an animated "JACKPOT" during multiballs is cool. They even project the mode timer onto one of the ramp side panels so you don't have to look up (I'm assuming it's on the LCD too?). No other game has a projector like this.

Also, with the new adjustable ramp cover, the TK lock is reliable and is a really cool effect. It obviously catches/locks balls for multiball, but it also catches them during multiball for double jackpots. Really neat.

If you already know you want those features, I wouldn't sacrifice them. If you don't really care for some reason, or you need to / want to save the money, then go Pro.

#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I thought they were out of stock? I looked on pinside and on pinmonk's page and both show sold out. I need to get one also because I really noticed the fade the other night after playing for about 2 hours.

Got my order in a few weeks ago just before they shut it down for the switch to the new style. They just shipped it last Friday though.

#8567 3 years ago

I got mine from pinballlife 2 weeks ago

#8568 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Try Pinballs.com. There located in Ct. Ordered 3 NIB from Mike. No problems at all.

#8569 3 years ago

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I have the Pro and don't think the projector is that much of a game changer. The real game changer is the UV kit, which works on both models. That along with my sound mod make it a great experience.

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I have the Pro and don't think the projector is that much of a game changer. The real game changer is the UV kit, which works on both models. That along with my sound mod make it a great experience.

I agree

#8571 3 years ago

Still experimenting with projector improvements.

Finally found a material that works very well on the ramps (already ordered more to do the whole machine). Darkstar 9 by Elite Screens.

Video clip shows both a piece on the ramp and moving one around on the main screen. Both show multiple angles. This material looks great at every angle (must be turned the proper way--spinning 90* will make it dark [an ambient light rejecting feature]).

EDIT: Added a pic of each side during MB.

20210310_155700 (resized).jpg20210310_155700 (resized).jpg20210310_155743 (resized).jpg20210310_155743 (resized).jpg

#8572 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You will never get flamed! All you do is make everything better!!

#8573 3 years ago

This might sound stupid but with the projector screens is there anything specific I should use to clean it??? Drop targets and ramps could use a cleaning.

#8574 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I agree. I was all in on a premium or bust until I played an LE last weekend. The projector is neat but I was over it in two seconds. In fact I thought the coolest moment of the projector was when it showed the pro graphic... I think what I didn’t realize until I played it is that there is still the LCD screen, so the game still feels alive because of it. In fact what I would miss the most is the demagorgon not moving, I thought it was awesome how it was moving when the ramp came down.

#8575 3 years ago

Does anyone own the Pro and prefer the prem/LE or vice versa?

Also I think what the projector could use is a a better projector itself. I don’t know anything about them, but I doubt stern went with a really good one. Might be worth looking in to.

#8576 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

This might sound stupid but with the projector screens is there anything specific I should use to clean it??? Drop targets and ramps could use a cleaning.

I use novus 1 and it works great.

#8577 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Finally found a material that works very well on the ramps (already ordered more to do the whole machine). Darkstar 9 by Elite Screens.
Video clip shows both a piece on the ramp and moving one around on the main screen. Both show multiple angles. This material looks great at every angle (must be turned the proper way--spinning 90* will make it dark [an ambient light rejecting feature]).

[quoted image][quoted image]

Your video is private and can't be seen.

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Your video is private and can't be seen.

Just changed it to public. Was trying to avoid it being public as I won't be offering anything (thought having the link would let it be seen, but had never tried before). Just an idea for DIY. First material I've tried that really seems to do a magic trick here.

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also I think what the projector could use is a a better projector itself. I don’t know anything about them, but I doubt stern went with a really good one. Might be worth looking in to.

I have a pro and while I love it, I’ve played a premium and would prefer to have that. Trying to find one is another thing.

#8580 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck makes a good point. Honestly, everyone wants to feel good about the decision they made for whatever model they chose. Most of the pro folks are naturally going to say "yeah projector is no big deal and overpriced" while most of the prem folks are going to say "man can't live without the projector, really makes the game". It's a debate that will never be resolved. Everyone makes their own decision, own it.

It's like cars - the reason there are so many options, trim levels, models etc. is because the value judgments vary so much. Stern is just giving us those choices.

#8581 3 years ago

Chuck makes a good point. Honestly, everyone wants to feel good about the decision they made for whatever model they chose. Most of the pro folks are naturally going to say "yeah projector is no big deal and overpriced" while most of the prem folks are going to say "man can't live without the projector, really makes the game". It's a debate that will never be resolved. Everyone makes their own decision, own it.
It's like cars - the reason there are so many options, trim levels, models etc. is because the value judgments vary so much. Stern is just giving us those choices.

Sure I guess, I don’t own any of them...

#8582 3 years ago

I owned a pro for almost a year which I traded for a premium a month ago.
I feel like the pro played a little better but that might be all in my head.
I have no regrets upgrading to the premium as it adds so much immersive ness to the game.

#8583 3 years ago

I'm officially joining the club! Just ordered a NIB Premium w/UV kit from Jason at Classic Game Rooms.

#8584 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I'm officially joining the club! Just ordered a NIB Premium w/UV kit from Jason at Classic Game Rooms.

He had the UV kit in stock?

#8585 3 years ago

How are you guys sticking the screen material on the game. I was going to order some samples but wasn’t sure how it gets installed

#8586 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I talked to Jason a couple weeks ago and he said he was holding his UV kits for sale with his NIB’s. He wasn’t selling them standalone.

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

They have 15 kits on order said they will ship in a couple weeks.

#8589 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I talked to Jason a couple weeks ago and he said he was holding his UV kits for sale with his NIB’s. He wasn’t selling them standalone.

That’s what I figured he was doing. Smart move on his part!

#8590 3 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I feel like the pro played a little better but that might be all in my head.
I have no regrets upgrading to the premium as it adds so much immersive ness to the game.

The pro I played at the local bar funneled nearly every ramp shot to the mouth of the demo. I scored 180M on a What’s That mode. I bought the premium and after about 1 million hours dialing it in, an absolutely perfect ramp shot goes in the mouth, the other 90% of the ramp shots bounce off the demo.

That being said, I wouldn’t trade my premium for anything. Projector and TK lock are incredible! And if I was a better player, the demo mouth shot would be incredible too!

#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the honesty!

#8592 3 years ago

I played pro on location couldn't get into. finally said heck with it and picked up a prem. This game needs to be enjoyed alone, not in a loud arcade. Id be happy either way.

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I played pro on location couldn't get into. finally said heck with it and picked up a prem. This game needs to be enjoyed alone, not in a loud arcade. Id be happy either way.

I completely agree. This game in any form is a personal experience and needs to be in a dark and quiet room....man that sounds a little creepy...but it is what it is.

#8594 3 years ago

I agree, it's unlike any other game I've played. Just dripping in this atmosphere that you don't get at all on location.

#8595 3 years ago

Just installed a shaker and while I generally love shakers, they aren’t needed or warranted in all games. It’s awesome in this game.

#8596 3 years ago

Have Billies Camaro and Hoppers Bronco. How are you guys mounting it and I want to add some LEDs and tie into the flashers on the ramps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#8597 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just changed it to public. Was trying to avoid it being public as I won't be offering anything (thought having the link would let it be seen, but had never tried before). Just an idea for DIY. First material I've tried that really seems to do a magic trick here.

Since you’re not selling it I don’t mind asking, how did you find just the screen material and how are you adhering it to the plastics/metal? I did a search and all I could find were $3000 retractable movie screens. Looks incredible by the way!

#8598 3 years ago

In a dark room with the only the projector and the UV kit the game is magical. I have really been surprised how much the projector adds. The pro plays awesome for sure. I think someone could be happy with either game. Just play!

#8599 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Since you’re not selling it I don’t mind asking, how did you find just the screen material and how are you adhering it to the plastics/metal? I did a search and all I could find were $3000 retractable movie screens. Looks incredible by the way!

I've got a couple different kinds of double sided adhesive sheets coming in today that I'm going to give a shot. Provided it works out well, I'll make another update on where I'm at with it and what I did.

For the thin stand up targets, I'll likely use a firmly padded mounting tape for better application over the rivet, and hopefully longer life against wear.

Likely still be another week or so before I get the rest of the material.

Samples of Darkstar 9 are available for $16 each, buy they're rather small. I'll have 5 sheets total to mess with and will see what's necessary to do everything. https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p127/Sample_Screen_Material.html

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks promising! How are you attaching the Darkstar to the ramps and main screen?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/172?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.