IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 449.
#8501 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Buy a new class 10 sd card and flash the stock code onto it and see if that fixes it.

Just checking back in to say this worked! Strangely, once I fired up the game with the new SD card, I replaced it with the cleland sound mod sd card and that now works as well. Thanks for the tip!

#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s great. No idea that you mean by pulled and shimmed forward. Not sure anyone is doing that. If your hitting low, pop it off and remove the spacers.

You’re right, I meant taking it out (pulled) and removing/adding spacers to get it leaning a bit more forward.

#8503 3 years ago

Anyone have this problem? One of my ramp targets angles down enough that half of it seems to be constantly glowing green from the Lite Lock light below it, shining on it. That messes up the projector lettering. One is worse than the other. Can the angle on these be adjusted or does this need replaced?

20210306_231119 (resized).jpg20210306_231119 (resized).jpg20210306_231139 (resized).jpg20210306_231139 (resized).jpg

20210306_232223 (resized).jpg20210306_232223 (resized).jpg
#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone have this problem? One of my ramp targets angles down enough that half of it seems to be constantly glowing green from the Lite Lock light below it, shining on it. That messes up the projector lettering. One is worse than the other. Can the angle on these be adjusted or does this need replaced?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

You can adjust the projector And it will straighten it out. I don’t remember where the adjustments were but every screen has its own adjustment

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

You can adjust the projector And it will straighten it out. I don’t remember where the adjustments were but every screen has its own adjustment

This is not the projector. Projector is awesome and adjusted. Note my phone is laying on the PF blocking the projector. This issue the "lite lock" light on the table shining on parts of the screen. Or on the right side- the blue Demogorgon PF lights. Which then messes up the graphics scrolling across them

20210307_001620 (resized).jpg20210307_001620 (resized).jpg

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So is there a problem with production vireland ?
I ordered and paid for 2 kits 2 weeks ago and nothing. Total silence.. No word on when they'll ship or why there is a delay.

You're likely in the changeover to the 2.0 Spike kits. I left the 1.0 kits up a little too long and accidentally oversold them, so the excess orders will be getting the 2.0 SPIKE kits for the 1.0 kit price. I just got the new foam for the packaging on the new brackets, so I'll be catching up this coming week and should be caught up by the end of the week.

Here's what the new 2.0 SPIKE kit looks like installed in an Avengers IQ 3 Flipper coil install...
3_Flipper_Kit_sml (resized).jpg3_Flipper_Kit_sml (resized).jpg

3rd_flipper_close_small (resized).jpg3rd_flipper_close_small (resized).jpg
#8507 3 years ago

Finally took the time to put the replacement TK ramp cover on last night.....................................lock working again...................sanity has been reinstated in my life!!!

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

This is not the projector. Projector is awesome and adjusted. Note my phone is laying on the PF blocking the projector. This issue the "lite lock" light on the table shining on parts of the screen. Or on the right side- the blue Demogorgon PF lights. Which then messes up the graphics scrolling across them
[quoted image]

Go into settings and turn the insert brightness down.

#8509 3 years ago

Yes---turn down the insert brightness---I have gone as low as 30%. It makes your large screen much better also. Better color not washed out as much.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're likely in the changeover to the 2.0 Spike kits. I left the 1.0 kits up a little too long and accidentally oversold them, so the excess orders will be getting the 2.0 SPIKE kits for the 1.0 kit price. I just got the new foam for the packaging on the new brackets, so I'll be catching up this coming week and should be caught up by the end of the week.

Awesome. Can’t wait! I’m getting mega long play time and flipper fade is distracting to say the least.

#8511 3 years ago

....found this laying in the bottom of the cabinet on the vent hole screen, on the far left side. Plain black. Ran searches in the manual and couldn't find any mention of -07 plastic. It has a very slight curve to it. Is there another plastics list anywhere, or does anyone know where this goes?

I did find an open screw hole on a post in the back next to the ramp that made me wonder if something was supposed to attach there, since that is where all the dark plastics are, but other than that....
Anyone have something attached to that post?

20210306_234547 (resized).jpg20210306_234547 (resized).jpg
20210306_235430 (resized).jpg20210306_235430 (resized).jpg

#8512 3 years ago

Who makes this backglass?

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holyshit that looks awesome

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Holyshit that looks awesome

I thought so too. I wonder if it is licensed? I'd be all over this when I get my STh

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A member named KJS made them.
Search translite in this thread for more pics.

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think he only made 1 for his custom machine . He did the cabinet also. It's a very impressive looking pin.

#8517 3 years ago

Anyone pick this topper up? If Sterns is going to be the same thing but more than twice the price, who thinks this is a good option. I can’t believe we haven’t seen the topper yet from Stern. Not even one picture.

092E5C0D-C6ED-40B1-925B-2C656E03B43F (resized).jpeg092E5C0D-C6ED-40B1-925B-2C656E03B43F (resized).jpeg
#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone pick this topper up? If Sterns is going to be the same thing but more than twice the price, who thinks this is a good option. I can’t believe we haven’t seen the topper yet from Stern. Not even one picture.
[quoted image]

Appears to have been removed from Laseriffic website.

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Appears to have been removed from Laseriffic website.

Mezelmods has it in stock(made to order)

https://mezelmods.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-topper?variant=32629798731873

#8520 3 years ago

Anyone pick this topper up?
[quoted image]

Is the ‘alphabet wall’ something that is/could be licensed? Is there a problem making toppers with a similar image (not cut and paste from the show) ?

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Is the ‘alphabet wall’ something that is/could be licensed? Is there a problem making toppers with a similar image (not cut and paste from the show) ?

That’s a good question. Anyone have an answer?

#8522 3 years ago

I doubt something that basic can be licensed, but who knows.

#8523 3 years ago

So where’s the topper? I am thinking I will I’ll just get the laseriffic topper, especially if Stern is making the same thing at double the price.

3178BA90-F4CA-427B-B12D-118155BFC9FC (resized).jpeg3178BA90-F4CA-427B-B12D-118155BFC9FC (resized).jpeg
#8524 3 years ago

Sterns will be more than double that price I’m sure. I hear it’s more like JP and Avengers than Munsters or black knight.

#8525 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Do you mean bend the side or up

Were you able to adjust the gate tension? Mine is doing the same thing, but in looking at it from the top, I don't see where to make the adjustment. I guess that likely means removing stuff again

#8526 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Were you able to adjust the gate tension? Mine is doing the same thing, but in looking at it from the top, I don't see where to make the adjustment. I guess that likely means removing stuff again

Ive bend the metal tab up, hard to see but you can feel it. This tab push the gate down. Thanks to chuckwurt and it has not occurred again.

#8527 3 years ago

Had to cut away the playfield protector, plays so much better now. But in the middle i have a lot of dimples now because the air balls... Best thing is do to nothing about this i guess? Or should i fill this up with some kind of transparant resin?

#8529 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sterns will be more than double that price I’m sure. I hear it’s more like JP and Avengers than Munsters or black knight.

Thank wish they would just give an update already. Crazy it’s taking this long. Too bad it’s not similar to munsters or black knight.

#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ohh yes, where to buy

#8531 3 years ago

Thank wish they would just give an update already. Crazy it’s taking this long. Too bad it’s not similar to munsters or black knight.

Considering a blessing. Every day that goes by is a day without you dropping 1000 on a piece of shit topper.

#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Considering a blessing. Every day that goes by is a day without you dropping 1000 on a piece of shit topper.

HA!! True.

#8533 3 years ago

I am guessing it will be like JP or Avengers, an expensive piece of plexiglass that has light interaction with the playfield based on the code updates. I am "hoping" for a mind flayer and something unique to give this game one final push as it is being retired from their line.

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I am guessing it will be like JP or Avengers, an expensive piece of plexiglass that has light interaction with the playfield based on the code updates. I am "hoping" for a mind flayer and something unique to give this game one final push as it is being retired from their line.

Will just get the laseriffic one then.

#8535 3 years ago

I was in total isolation last game. left flipper stayed up for 5 seconds. Can't remeber much more. I'm assuming this isn't code related.
Wanted to verify before I check coil stop and such.

#8536 3 years ago

Sounds like something is binding in your flipper mech. If your coil stops are stock, I bet they are toast.

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like something is binding in your flipper mech. If your coil stops are stock, I bet they are toast.

Yea I was expecting coil stops. luckily I know better so I keep spares. Wasn't expecting it so soon though.

#8538 3 years ago

I don’t wait. I replace them day one. Haha

#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t wait. I replace them day one. Haha

I should probably just do that too.

#8540 3 years ago

Got a bug. Playing demo #5. “can’t stop”. Timer runs out with a ball in the shooter lane. Ball auto fired with no flippers in order to get all 6 in trough. Then game continues and says same player shoot again. So i plunge the ball but the flippers stayed dead. End of ball. End of game. Damn. Was a good one too.

#8541 3 years ago

Please report to this email. They will not respond, but they read all of them.

[email protected]

#8542 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please report to this email. They will not respond, but they read all of them.
[email protected]

done

#8543 3 years ago

What coil stops are a good replacement? I have worked on older pins but never had to work on new Sterns. Thanks

#8544 3 years ago

Pinball life. I’ve never had an issue with theirs.

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinball life. I’ve never had an issue with theirs.

Great. Thanks Chuck

#8546 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ive bend the metal tab up, hard to see but you can feel it. This tab push the gate down. Thanks to chuckwurt and it has not occurred again.

Okay thanks. I'll check that out.

#8547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ramp stuck down seems to indicate that it doesn't know where the ramp is. You probably need to adjust the down switch or the up switch or both. Run the ramp test in the system menu and see if both the up and down switches are registering properly when the ramp is opened/closed. If not (my guess is not) adjust the switches so they register again.

Thanks Pin Monk for guiding me in the right direction. Though it took 4 to 5 different adjustments, it seems the ramp mechanism is back to normal. Pablo finally did respond back today, as he stated the exact same fix w/ the switch adjustment. I appreciate your insight as well as what you contribute overall to our pinball community! Without you & chuckwurt the majority would be wondering around aimlessly >

#8548 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

that translite is amazing! so much better than the original!

I am contemplating buying this game, I just had a chance to play it and really liked it. At the moment I own AIQ and really love it.
I do not have any complains about Stern games, I think they are awesome games.

I dont understand why is this game so underrated. I presume it must be a generational thing. I foresee this title becoming a classic in the future.

With that said, which one is the one to get? PRO PRE LE? I love the UV light kit on this game so that is a must I know.

#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

that translate is amazing! so much better than the original!
I am contemplating buying this game, I just had a chance to play it and really liked it. At the moment I own AIQ and really love it.
I do not have any complains about Stern games, I think they are awesome games.
I dont understand why is this game so underrated. I presume it must be a generational thing. I foresee this title becoming a classic in the future.
With that said, which one is the one to get? PRO PRE LE? I love the UV light kit on this game so that is a must I know.

LE may be hard to find but I'd go for prem for sure - P1 has a bunch of prems right now. You can pick up in Montreal or they will ship to the Ottawa D&R depot for 100$. I just did that for my LE.

The projector and TK locks are awesome. UV light kit is being run/sold one last time so you may need to get on that right away unless you buy a used game with it included already.

#8550 3 years ago

Nevermind figured it out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/171?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.