IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 448.
#8451 3 years ago

Curious. What does the left ramp cover look like on your game? Does it look like this? Hopefully they were putting that on the later builds. It’s covering the corner at the top of the ramp right under elevens head.

#8452 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What are all of the fixes you mention? My game on order has a build date of late 2019....

All the fixes people have been talking about since the game was released. I'm starting to think you guys asking what fixes are fucking with me at this point.

Tk ball lock_ mine worked perfect outta the box.

Demogorgan_ able to make shot outta the box

Gate behind demogorgan_ no problems.

Ramp cover fix_ installed from the factory.

So to spell it out with no confusion if your games build date is 3/6/20 or later it should have all these things fixed from the factory, unless I got a fluke that just happens to work perfectly and have ramp covers installed.

If someone else has an earlier build date that worked perfectly, with ramp covers installed outta the box please share with the group so we can know what date all issues were addressed by.
Hope that clears it up.

#8453 3 years ago

Man this game is incredible. I honestly can’t stop playing it.
Cleland’s sound makes it even better.
The little things about the design I’m digging
If you don’t make it the entire left orbit the Ramp cutout so it falls into the pops
The inner orbit is fantastic.
The left orbit to right ramp is super satisfying.
Such a great game. I’ll never understand the low ratings.
The lock/multi-ball is just a blast with amazing lights and sounds. So damn fun!
End rant

#8454 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

All the fixes people have been talking about since the game was released. I'm starting to think you guys asking what fixes are fucking with me at this point.
So to spell it out with no confusion if your games build date is 3/6/20 or later it should have all these things fixed from the factory, unless I got a fluke that just happens to work perfectly and have ramp covers installed.
If someone else has an earlier build date that worked perfectly, with ramp covers installed outta the box please share with the group so we can know what date all issues were addressed by.
Hope that clears it up.

Great to hear they have improved the later build games. Seems they got things fixed just in time for the game to be discontinued. Haha

#8455 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Such a great game. I’ll never understand the low ratings.

Here, let me explain it to you:

1. People see the game reveal.
2. They criticize the artwork, lack of toys, and early code.
3. There is so much criticism, in fact, that it colors peoples' perception of a game well before they even play it.
4. Therefore, when they finally play it, they're doing so with a negative attitude. So it's actually tough to change the perception that was already (unfairly) ingrained in their pea brains well before they ever gave the game a chance.

Happens on Pinside all the time. But put out a game with great art and tons of toys and lights, and you've got yourself an instant winner.

#8456 3 years ago

This post should be plastered to the top of the forum main page and never deleted.

#8457 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

3. There is so much criticism, in fact, that it colors peoples' perception of a game well before they even play it.
4. Therefore, when they finally play it, they're doing so with a negative attitude. So it's actually tough to change the perception that was already (unfairly) ingrained in their pea brains well before they ever gave the game a chance.
Happens on Pinside all the time. But put out a game with great art and tons of toys and lights, and you've got yourself an instant winner.

Add to this the fact that they pulled the "Oh, look what we discovered...the playfield has UV reactive paint. Who knew? As a service, we'll sell you a $300 add-on to take advantage of this hidden feature. You're welcome."

Same thing kinda happened when they surprised everyone with the Avatar LE after people had already bought Standard games. It burned people's asses enough that the game garnered unwarranted hate. Some (a lot of) people never come around.

#8458 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Add to this the fact that they pulled the "Oh, look what we discovered...the playfield has UV reactive paint. Who knew? As a service, we'll sell you a $300 add-on to take advantage of this hidden feature. You're welcome."
Same thing kinda happened when they surprised everyone with the Avatar LE after people had already bought Standard games. It burned people's asses enough that the game garnered unwarranted hate. Some (a lot of) people never come around.

Well...that WAS bullshit. There's really no defending that. But all of pinball has become a cash grab, sadly. $1000 toppers, $15k-20k games, ridiculously priced mods. But if you can get it, why not ask for that price?

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bingo. The more troll bagging, the more likely I’m grabbing my wallet.

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the machine that started it all. My quest to document flipper temps on all modern machines and the resulting Tibetan Breeze cooling kits started with Brian Eddy (and Chuck Wirt) right on this machine.

So is there a problem with production PinMonk ?

I ordered and paid for 2 kits 2 weeks ago and nothing. Total silence.. No word on when they'll ship or why there is a delay.

#8461 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...that WAS bullshit. There's really no defending that.

Agree completely. But Stern pulling a dick move *shouldn't* be connected to the masses saying the game sucks.

#8462 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So is there a problem with production vireland ?
I ordered and paid for 2 kits 2 weeks ago and nothing. Total silence.. No word on when they'll ship or why there is a delay.

He told me that there was a backorder for his box foam...

#8463 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone know where this topper can be purchased from? [quoted image]

This is César Debus from Rb FliP France. PM me if you don t know him

#8464 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So is there a problem with production vireland ?

I got a message that he was waiting on a part that should be coming in very soon and then they’ll be on their way.

#8465 3 years ago

So I’m back from my distributor trip and... came back with an Iron Maiden pro. I loved stranger things (played an LE). But I liked Maiden equally and Maiden is getting very hard to find right now, there is supposed to be a July run but they are saying more like September with the possibility of never happening again due to some lack of parts (what I was told Gary said).

I was also told that the UV kit won’t go back into production until mid April...

Stranger things is definitely next on my list, in fact I am debating cancelling my Deadpool pro order for it.

Question, how does the pro compare to the LE in terms of build quality/feel? The game felt more solid than I expected but I’m wondering if that’s just because it was an Le.

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So I’m back from my distributor trip and... came back with an Iron Maiden pro. I loved stranger things (played an LE). But I liked Maiden equally and Maiden is getting very hard to find right now, there is supposed to be a July run but they are saying more like September with the possibility of never happening again due to some lack of parts (what I was told Gary said).
I was also told that the UV kit won’t go back into production until mid April...
Stranger things is definitely next on my list, in fact I am debating cancelling my Deadpool pro order for it.
Question, how does the pro compare to the LE in terms of build quality/feel? The game felt more solid than I expected but I’m wondering if that’s just because it was an Le.

You can say all you want about the projector not having anything to do with the gameplay, but I think that it and the TK lock (when not pissing you off) take the game to another level.

#8467 3 years ago

I want to join the party! Need to a trade partner for my AS pro or I'll get a NIB for my 50th in Oct.

#8468 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You can say all you want about the projector not having anything to do with the gameplay, but I think that it and the TK lock (when not pissing you off) take the game to another level.

TK lock wasn’t working and honestly I didn’t miss it. I loved the mood of the machine but I’m not sure how much of that was the projector, it felt a little washed out and I didn’t really pay attention to what was displayed... though I didn’t have a pro there to compare so it could be making a bigger impact than I realize. Honestly I felt like what I’d miss the most is the demagorgon not moving..

#8469 3 years ago

Apologies if it is covered earlier in the thread. Game was working fine earlier today. I raised the playfield to put in art blades. Now when I turn on the machine, I get a recurring message "Restarting Game". It just seems to be rebooting. Over and over. Any ideas? Thanks!

#8470 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sounds a lot like SW.

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Apologies if it is covered earlier in the thread. Game was working fine earlier today. I raised the playfield to put in art blades. Now when I turn on the machine, I get a recurring message "Restarting Game". It just seems to be rebooting. Over and over. Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you have the Cleland sound mod? Mine does the same periodically. Turn off and on until it loads up. If you put the original sound card back in it probably works right away.

Cleland recommends try a new SD card. I have mine flashed and sitting in my pocket. I will see how the game behaves over the next couple days.

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Do you have the Cleland sound mod? Mine does the same periodically. Turn off and on until it loads up. If you put the original sound card back in it probably works right away.
Cleland recommends try a new SD card. I have mine flashed and sitting in my pocket. I will see how the game behaves over the next couple days.

I'll try that, I do have the Cleland mod. Thanks for the tip!

#8473 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds a lot like SW.

And GOT. And almost every other game I own. LOL!

#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds a lot like SW.

yes. And I am getting my NIB prem in a month or so. Lol. 2 hated games back to back.

I like’em.

#8475 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

yes. And I am getting my NIB prem in a month or so. Lol. 2 hated games back to back.
I like’em.

Amazing how people who aren't on this site play those games and love them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8476 3 years ago

Are the flipper bat/shafts one piece on this model? Turns out my right flipper keeps changing resting position but the shaft is secure below. Shaft is spinning inside the flipper.The bolt that clamps on the shaft below is so tight that I still haven't been able to break it loose. I sure hope it's not LH thread?

Left bat is nice and tight. No response from Pablo still.

20210305_225801 (resized).jpg20210305_225801 (resized).jpg

#8477 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And GOT. And almost every other game I own. LOL!

Right?! GOT is a top 5 all timer for me and LZ is next in the hopper because I’m one of those losers that think ripping juiced spinners is fun. And after that, Thunderbirds!

#8478 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Are the flipper bat/shafts one piece on this model? Turns out my right flipper keeps changing resting position but the shaft is secure below. Shaft is spinning inside the flipper.The bolt that clamps on the shaft below is so tight that I still haven't been able to break it loose. I sure hope it's not LH thread?
Left bat is nice and tight. No response from Pablo still.
[quoted image]

Loosen that Allen set screw you show in your pic and get the flipper bat out. Sounds like it’s broken. Yes it’s one piece. Easy fix if so. Don’t need stern at all. Just keep following up with them so they send you a new one for free to put in your parts bin. In the meantime, get a new flipper from pinball life.

#8479 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Right?! GOT is a top 5 all timer for me and LZ is next in the hopper because I’m one of those losers that think ripping juiced spinners is fun. And after that, Thunderbirds!

Great minds. I was pumped that the main feature of LZ was an opto spinner. Haha

#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:Apologies if it is covered earlier in the thread. Game was working fine earlier today. I raised the playfield to put in art blades. Now when I turn on the machine, I get a recurring message "Restarting Game". It just seems to be rebooting. Over and over. Any ideas? Thanks!

Well, I've restarted the machine several times with no luck. I also put in the old code sd card and have the same issue. I'm stumped. Anybody have any ideas?

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Well, I've restarted the machine several times with no luck. I also put in the old code sd card and have the same issue. I'm stumped. Anybody have any ideas?

Buy a new class 10 sd card and flash the stock code onto it and see if that fixes it.

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loosen that Allen set screw you show in your pic and get the flipper bat out. Sounds like it’s broken. Yes it’s one piece. Easy fix if so. Don’t need stern at all. Just keep following up with them so they send you a new one for free to put in your parts bin. In the meantime, get a new flipper from pinball life.

Do you know if it is a type1 or type2 flipper? Or something else? Not with the machine currently. Trying to get it on order asap

#8483 3 years ago

Not sure what you mean by type 1 or two. Stern has used the same flipper bats since like 2000 I believe.

These:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-bat-and-shaft-assemblies-no-logo.html

#8487 3 years ago

Of course they are sold out of white.
Guess I get to see how the blue looks.

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds a lot like SW.

Indeed.

SW is definitely one of the most underrated, under appreciated pins on Pinside. The code on that game borders on genius.

#8490 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Indeed.
SW is definitely one of the most underrated, under appreciated pins on Pinside. The code on that game borders on genius.

Dwight did a masterful job on GOT and SW. I’ll he surprised if he can ever top those. So so good. I hope he teams up with Ritchie again too.

#8491 3 years ago

Okay so my ramp opto is not working again. I’m going to replace it.

For the extra $10 I’m going to replace emitter and receiver.

Would you test them (swap with another opto) before ordering new ones or just order new ones and hop it’s the opto?

#8493 3 years ago

Quick question on the TK Lock. Has anyone been able to lock the ball on TK lock using the left flipper? I'm 100% with any correct shot with the right flipper, but in my case maybe it's the angle and/or velocity from the left flipper and I haven't seen any locks from that side. I'm thinking that is probably normal and expected, but just curious what others have seen with the left flipper.

#8494 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Quick question on the TK Lock. Has anyone been able to lock the ball on TK lock using the left flipper?

The laws of physics prevent this from being possible.

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The laws of physics prevent this from being possible.

Thanks Chuck, that's what I figured, but just double checking. Now all I need is to get the UV kit that I ordered back in mid January, and I'll be good to go. With the TK lock and demo working properly now, the game has really come alive and is really addictive!

#8496 3 years ago

Fo sho. Game is so good if working right.

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Thanks Chuck, that's what I figured, but just double checking. Now all I need is to get the UV kit that I ordered back in mid January, and I'll be good to go. With the TK lock and demo working properly now, the game has really come alive and is really addictive!

FYI I was told that UV kits are being made in April

#8498 3 years ago

Are there any instructions for how to disassemble the demogorgan ramp to replace the flap?

#8499 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hope that clears it up.

What a difference a day makes lol! Just installed the new ramp cover for TK , mine had the old one, (what a pain in the ass that upper left screw!) and it works perfectly now. Demo needs to be pulled and shimmed forward. I have the left scoop almost dialed in to eject to behind burn it back but it’s not quite there.

181D3CE8-59E7-4EDA-8555-686B919D1608 (resized).jpeg181D3CE8-59E7-4EDA-8555-686B919D1608 (resized).jpeg
#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

What a difference a day makes lol! Just installed the new ramp cover for TK , mine had the old one, (what a pain in the ass that upper left screw!) and it works perfectly now. Demo needs to be pulled and shimmed forward. I have the left scoop almost dialed in to eject to behind burn it back but it’s not quite there.[quoted image]

That’s great. No idea that you mean by pulled and shimmed forward. Not sure anyone is doing that. If your hitting low, pop it off and remove the spacers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/170?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.