IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 448.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

So my son was hitting the demo but I was still unable to drain one. He also started to have a dry spell. We've seen it go in probably 15 times since we got it setup but I wouldn't say it was easily makeable. I guess he's much better than me lol. I asked the guy I bought from if he had any suggestions and he said the biggest thing he's found is that the bubble needs to be between the lines.
So I took a look at my pitch again. I set it to 6.5 with an inclinometer but the bubble looked like the attached.
I made the adjustment to my machine to get it between the lines. It meant closing the rear levellers completely and bringing the front up about 4 full turns. That got just the tip of the bubble on the top line. I'm not taken the glass off yet to see what that is at but the first shot I took I made. Then second, third, missed fourth (bad shot), and landed the fifth.
It does make the game a bit more floaty though. Going to play with pitch some more to see if I can find a middle ground between floaty and making it reliably.[quoted image]

Current setup for me is 6.7 / 205 flipper. nailing it left and right

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Current setup for me is 6.7 / 205 flipper. nailing it left and right

Which inclinometer works? Never used one before

#803 4 years ago

I have this one that I use to level left/right and check the pitch. you can really only tell if it's somewhere between 6 and 7 for instance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N7UH

It gets me in the ballpark and is a quick cheap tool to have in the bag. For the tweaking the final bit I use the pinball leveller app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller

You have to have a device with good sensors tho. My phone is not accurate enough but my tablet is.

I've closed all of the leg levellers and the pitch is right at 6 degrees and it's perfect. Maybe as we get better at the game we'll increase the pitch. As I said at 6.5 we were making it but it was 1 in 20 shots or so. Now it's 8 out of 10 which makes the demo modes much more bearable.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Which inclinometer works? Never used one before

Download the pinguy app on your smartphone, calibrate it, enjoy! love it.

#805 4 years ago

Picked up my used stranger things pro. I’m gonna have fun and play it at home for a few days, then it goes on location at the brewery.

A4B5B8D0-3B4C-4C6C-873D-CF3BAECF2AE3 (resized).jpegA4B5B8D0-3B4C-4C6C-873D-CF3BAECF2AE3 (resized).jpeg
#806 4 years ago

I figured out the Austrian thing. The number one dip switch on the cpu board in the backglass was on. For USA all should be off. Once changed it seemed to reset all settings and scores.

#807 4 years ago

Just in case you are interested, I did an interview with one of the rules designers of Stranger Things, Mike Vinikour from Stern. He is a great guy and he talks a bit about the game he is so proud of. You can find it here:
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-55-slap-save-interviews-sterns-mike-vinikour/

Mike V interview (resized).jpgMike V interview (resized).jpg
#808 4 years ago

Joining the club. First thing I did was dialing down the flipper strength to 180. Pitched the bubble to the center. Could never even once nail the demo shot. So I tried going up step by step. No success.
After 1 hour or so of trying and testing I noticed that the ball was always touching the lower part of the demomouth first and then clonking to the upper part. So I figured the flipper wasn't strong enough to get it straight into the hole. Put the flippers to 250 because I was a little fed up and just played the game. And I nailed the demohole 100% every time from a left flipper cradle. 100%!
Even got through the 3rd demo mode and killed the 3 demogorgans succesfully. I'll just leave it at 250. Screw the aiballs, I'm playing like that. And I am not even getting that much airballs. Not enough to get me concerned.
Just want to have fun and I must say that for a game with incomplete code it is a hell of a fun.
Particulary love the music and sound effects on this one A LOT!
I love it and I am happy with this purchase.
ST PRO 012020 (resized).jpgST PRO 012020 (resized).jpg

#809 4 years ago

Is Find Barb a random mode where when you hit the correct lit shot you finish the mode? If so that is pretty damn cool. I am just asking because the mode lights up every light, and after hitting 2 of the shots I had completed it.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Is Find Barb a random mode where when you hit the correct lit shot you finish the mode? If so that is pretty damn cool. I am just asking because the mode lights up every light, and after hitting 2 of the shots I had completed it.

If you notice, one of them is flashing. Not sure how that factors in, but I’ve found if you concentrate on that one it almost always completes the mode on the second or third one you hit.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you notice, one of them is flashing. Not sure how that factors in, but I’ve found if you concentrate on that one it almost always completes the mode on the second or third one you hit.

I did not notice but I certainly will now. Thank you.

#812 4 years ago

Now that my machine is set properly to US I am seeing the 48v warning on boot up before the leds do their power on test.

#813 4 years ago

Now that my machine is set properly to US I am seeing the 48v warning on boot up before the leds do their power on test.

Mine does this too and I think it's a code bug? Also, yes this game needs to be dialed in for best results. I finally settled on 7.0 degrees pitch and flipper settings of 192. Your results may vary

#814 4 years ago

So I guess my one way gate wasn't fixed after all. Maybe 50 games in and a ball stuck there. I widened the gate a bit then put it back. Was a pain to get to without taking things apart but will keep an eye on it.

#815 4 years ago

Mine has been doing this since day one. Everyone here kept saying “that’s not good”. But I talked to a tech at stern and he said it’s a code bug and should be removed on next update

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Mine has been doing this since day one. Everyone here kept saying “that’s not good”. But I talked to a tech at stern and he said it’s a code bug and should be removed on next update

Hows the machine running ?

#817 4 years ago

Code suggestion - for the demo multi ball, LEAVE THE RAMP DOWN until the second ball drains. I cringe so hard every time I about nail the edge of the ramp as it raises after a slight delay after ball 1 drain.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hows the machine running ?

It’s not. New motor and driver board still not working. Finally broke down yesterday and called my distro. We walked through a bunch of stuff. Had me disconnect and reconnect a bunch of wiring connectors on some boards. That seems to help but after a couple hours of playing, went back to the same. So I have to call back on Monday. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s not. New motor and driver board still not working. Finally broke down yesterday and called my distro. We walked through a bunch of stuff. Had me disconnect and reconnect a bunch of wiring connectors on some boards. That seems to help but after a couple hours of playing, went back to the same. So I have to call back on Monday. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

When you installed the new board and motor, did you have all mods disconnected and leave them disconnected?

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When you installed the new board and motor, did you have all mods disconnected and leave them disconnected?

Of course. That’s what I said I was gonna do. Only 2 mods were connected and I disconnected them both prior to installing new motor and driver board

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Going back to the problem again....so the ramp works but stops lowering before it touches the pf?

In test mode, does it go all the way down?

#822 4 years ago

What is the real purpose of the white up post in the left ramp? It only holds the ball for a second, then releases it? I’ve heard these have been breaking. I’m putting mine on location, can this be disabled? Sorry if the question has been asked before

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What is the real purpose of the white up post in the left ramp? It only holds the ball for a second, then releases it? I’ve heard these have been breaking. I’m putting mine on location, can this be disabled?

Yes, was mentioned here before. Don’t know the exact setting.

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What is the real purpose of the white up post in the left ramp? It only holds the ball for a second, then releases it? I’ve heard these have been breaking. I’m putting mine on location, can this be disabled? Sorry if the question has been asked before

Well it gives the whole "Lock ball" the ... lock part of it

By not having that post, the ball is never locked at all. So that would be weird without it.

#825 4 years ago

...and disabeling it would make it impossible to get the super jackpot during telekinesis multiball if you are only left with the left ramp jackpot arrow and the left eject hole jackpot arrow. You have to lock the ball and then while the ball is hold on the left ramp make the left eject hole shot for superjackpot. It works like a hurry up with the second ball trapped on the left ramp.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Going back to the problem again....so the ramp works but stops lowering before it touches the pf?
In test mode, does it go all the way down?

It doesn’t work at all. Stays in the upright position. In test mode it fails. Does not move.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

You have to lock the ball and then while the ball is hold on the left ramp make the left eject hole shot for superjackpot.

No you don’t. Hitting the left ramp before the saucer is for double and triple super jackpots.

#828 4 years ago

How do you adjust the optos? The left ramp opto is sometimes registering a ball when no ball has gone up the ramp. I had it start telekenisis when I drained for instance. I've never had to adjust an opto before.

#829 4 years ago

How do you adjust the optos? The left ramp opto is sometimes registering a ball when no ball has gone up the ramp. I had it start telekenisis when I drained for instance. I've never had to adjust an opto before.

There should be holes in the ramp that let the opto beam go through. I suspect they shifted a bit and the cutout in the ramp is blocking the beam sometimes with vibration. Also clean really good around the area with a rag or compressed air.

Hopefully these optos aren’t shooting though the clear ramp though. That’s a terrible design. Once the ramp gets dirty it causes all kinds of issues.

#830 4 years ago

Ok thanks I'll take a look. There are cutouts so not shooting thru the ramp.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It doesn’t work at all. Stays in the upright position. In test mode it fails. Does not move.

Any way you could take a video of this happening and post it? Might make it easier for us to give you some more suggestions

#832 4 years ago

Ok thanks I'll take a look. There are cutouts so not shooting thru the ramp.

Okay good. I suspect one is askew. Make sure they are lined up and attached to the ramp nice and tight. Then put the game in switch test mode and shake and try to vibrate the game to see if you ever get the opto to register.

#833 4 years ago

I think I remember reading this, but anyone else have the ball get stuck under the demogorgon after hitting that middle shot? Any solutions known? I believe game is pretty level; all other shots are hit consistently, including the demo shots into the hole.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any way you could take a video of this happening and post it? Might make it easier for us to give you some more suggestions

Do you want the video taken while it’s in test mode?

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I think I remember reading this, but anyone else have the ball get stuck under the demogorgon after hitting that middle shot? Any solutions known? I believe game is pretty level; all other shots are hit consistently, including the demo shots into the hole.

It’s the gate to the left basically right to the right of the mystery shot and to the left of the demogorgon.

Some have simply removed the gate arm completely. Not sure what others have done. But the arm has become loose causing the hang up I believe.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Do you want the video taken while it’s in test mode?

Yeah - even during play too if possible. There's gotta be a logical reason this thing isn't working !

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay good. I suspect one is askew. Make sure they are lined up and attached to the ramp nice and tight. Then put the game in switch test mode and shake and try to vibrate the game to see if you ever get the opto to register.

Ran the switch test and cleaned the area. Not a lot of play to adjust them. What I did find was some bits from where the drill went thru that was still attached to the ramp. I was able to get a needle nose pliers in there and pull the excess out. Played a few games and wasn't able to recreate the issue so I guess that little bit was enough to cause it to go off from time to time. I checked all the other holes and they were clean so it was only this one.

#838 4 years ago

Yeah I’ve had that before too. Good catch. I bet that was the issue.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah - even during play too if possible. There's gotta be a logical reason this thing isn't working !

Was on the phone with game room guys tech for a couple hours and we thought it got fixed. He had me disconnect and reconnect a bunch of connectors on some of the driver boards. Started working again but died after a couple of hours playing. I’m supposed to call back on Monday to follow up and try some more troubleshooting.

#840 4 years ago

Rumor has it LEs will start to land at distros next weekend! Hooray!!

#841 4 years ago
18377A1E-0171-48E3-8BCE-56BBE8927569.gif18377A1E-0171-48E3-8BCE-56BBE8927569.gif
#842 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

But originally you said it worked but would only go 1/2 way down or something? Now it doesn’t work at all, even after a complete new motor and node board?

Originally sounded like a switch issue. Not sure now.

#843 4 years ago

Just finished putting in a shaker, the LE speaker mod, and a speaker light kit all before putting the balls in the machine , but hey tomorrow is another day!

4E45BF58-1BCB-49AC-A8D8-6C3E9540DA08 (resized).jpeg4E45BF58-1BCB-49AC-A8D8-6C3E9540DA08 (resized).jpeg
#844 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I go to change the speaker settings from 8 to 4 ohms?

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Does anyone know where I go to change the speaker settings from 8 to 4 ohms?

When they added that adjustment the read me said:

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "STANDARD 8 OHM" and "HIGH
PERFORMANCE 4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for
the selected speaker type.

...but I also seem to remember hearing they changed where it was or the order or the options or something since then.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

When they added that adjustment the read me said:
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "STANDARD 8 OHM" and "HIGH
PERFORMANCE 4 OHM".

Thank you I was so close I didn’t go through the vol. menu far enough.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But originally you said it worked but would only go 1/2 way down or something? Now it doesn’t work at all, even after a complete new motor and node board?
Originally sounded like a switch issue. Not sure now.

It’s intermittent. Sometimes it will. Most times it doesn’t work. Yeah. I’ve had it to where the ramp only went down partially. Yeah.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just finished putting in a shaker, the LE speaker mod, and a speaker light kit all before putting the balls in the machine , but hey tomorrow is another day![quoted image]

LE speaker mod? Where can I get this ?

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s intermittent. Sometimes it will. Most times it doesn’t work. Yeah. I’ve had it to where the ramp only went down partially. Yeah.

Just curious, if you were to start it up right this moment, would it work? Does it always work "at first" and then start acting up? Or, is it completely random with no rhyme or reason for failure?

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

LE speaker mod? Where can I get this ?

Pm sent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.