IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 448.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here saves their boxes once their machine is unpacked? Not sure if I should save mine or not. This will be my first NIB purchase.

I still have the box from my MET premium. I removed the staples from the top of the box and slid the machine out from that end after laying it down. I've got plenty of room in the garage, so it's not a burden keeping it around for a while.

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I still have the box from my MET premium. I removed the staples from the top of the box and slid the machine out from that end after laying it down. I've got plenty of room in the garage, so it's not a burden keeping it around for a while.

I would have about 15. 3 more on the way. They do make a great fire.

#753 4 years ago

Have my LE paid in full and hope to see it here in a week or two. Getting very excited. Check out the poster that’s going on the wall next to it.

I also had an idea: why is the demogorgon on the pin just the head/mouth? I picked up a Pop/Funko Demogorgon at the comic book shop and am wondering why couldn’t it look like this? Arms and legs and body with still the ability to shoot the mouth. And, while we’re at it, couldn’t stern figure out a way to have the demogorgon on some sort of hinge so that all shots push him back slightly, then back towards you, then when he’s hit enough or you make it in the mouth, he shakes a bunch and then falls backwards as if he died? The next time you battle him, he springs back up?
Just spit balling.

3A82989B-F1AB-4940-A946-467867756F35 (resized).jpeg3A82989B-F1AB-4940-A946-467867756F35 (resized).jpeg82872FCD-2588-4335-9DD3-5CB1504EB2CC (resized).jpeg82872FCD-2588-4335-9DD3-5CB1504EB2CC (resized).jpeg65A35E37-CD7F-4CD0-A25D-C71EF2456795 (resized).jpeg65A35E37-CD7F-4CD0-A25D-C71EF2456795 (resized).jpegBC1A99F8-21F3-4A69-B2AC-178531E87752 (resized).jpegBC1A99F8-21F3-4A69-B2AC-178531E87752 (resized).jpeg
#754 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Nice!
Just got word that mine will be delivered Thursday. Can't wait!

youve been waiting! excited for you

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

youve been waiting! excited for you

Thanks Definitely tons of excitement in the house. My son can't wait. First thing I'll be doing is checking the pop post mech and one way gate to see if there have been any changes since mine is supposed to have been built this last week. Will post pics once I get it.

#756 4 years ago

Thanks Definitely tons of excitement in the house. My son can't wait. First thing I'll be doing is checking the pop post mech and one way gate to see if there have been any changes since mine is supposed to have been built this last week. Will post pics once I get it.

Pardon my ignorance but what is the pop post gate and why would it change? Just curious. Ive noticed the right orbit gets a little sketchy unless you hit it just right, but not sure if this is what you are referring too.

#757 4 years ago

The pop post thing is the ball stop post on the pro on the left ramp. It's been coming loose because it is not pinned and popping out. The one way gate near the demegorgan has been coming loose because it's cut too short causing balls to forever lock. I'm guessing both of those issues are easy to resolve on the line so hoping they have been looked at a month into manufacture.

#758 4 years ago

The pop post thing is the ball stop post on the pro on the left ramp. It's been coming loose because it is not pinned and popping out. The one way gate near the demegorgan has been coming loose because it's cut too short causing balls to forever lock. I'm guessing both of those issues are easy to resolve on the line so hoping they have been looked at a month into manufacture.

I gotcha, ill check mine when im home later today. Mine was manufactured on the 14th, so technically not first run. I havent played a TON, but quite a bit, no issues, and never got 1 ball stuck outside of user error, I accidentally put the right ramp back on incorrectly, so when I hit the left orbit and it circled to the right, it got caught at the ramp lip, completely my fault.

Also, I am sure this is normal but if you are moving the out lane posts you cant remove them even after taking off the bottom nut, TIGHT. A deep 1/4" nut driver, or deep well 1/4" socket removes them easily. Probably common knowledge for most, but lets just say the ones on my Metallica are pretty eaten up.... needle nose pliers are NOT a substitute tool in pinball as they are in many other applications, lol.

#759 4 years ago

On the topic of hitting the demogorgon, and I know this is useless for most, as im sure many machines have slight variations. With the naked eye, the ball was hitting high, so I took some slow motion vids. In reality, it was skimming the bottom lip, bouncing up hitting the upper lip which again, could not be seen with the naked eye. So in my case, turning the flipper power up to around 200 helped, but im still skimming the bottom lip, but it tends to have enough momentum to go in.

Eagerly waiting on someone with more experience to run into this and share their thoughts, but I certainly dont want to monkey with it without proper resources.

Broken record alert : adding damage kills will take away 90 percent of the frustration with this game, and take it to the next level.

#760 4 years ago

No problem to kill the demogorgon at my home.

After that, as this pinball go too fast, i have reduced the flipper power but now impossible to kill the demogorgon.

Power flipper increased again and its ok.
But pinball very fast again.

#761 4 years ago

What is stern doing about the defective lock post and gate? Have they changed their design yet?

#762 4 years ago

I get mine Thursday and will let you know

Quoted from pinballkyle:

What is stern doing about the defective lock post and gate? Have they changed their design yet?

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Also, I am sure this is normal but if you are moving the out lane posts you cant remove them even after taking off the bottom nut, TIGHT. A deep 1/4" nut driver, or deep well 1/4" socket removes them easily. Probably common knowledge for most, but lets just say the ones on my Metallica are pretty eaten up.... needle nose pliers are NOT a substitute tool in pinball as they are in many other applications, lol.

Good to know. My munsters it was not a huge deal to move the posts as they just popped out after unscrewing it.

#764 4 years ago

Checking in with the club as a location player. The Barcade in Philly brought in a Stranger Things a couple of weeks ago and it's the most hooked I've been on a pin since TNA. And that's with an effectively unmakeable Demogorgon shot. Hoping that gets adjusted at some point and definitely looking forward to code updates, but even in its current state I am having a blast. Thinking about going back tonight for more!

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

On the topic of hitting the demogorgon, and I know this is useless for most, as im sure many machines have slight variations. With the naked eye, the ball was hitting high, so I took some slow motion vids. In reality, it was skimming the bottom lip, bouncing up hitting the upper lip which again, could not be seen with the naked eye. So in my case, turning the flipper power up to around 200 helped, but im still skimming the bottom lip, but it tends to have enough momentum to go in.
Eagerly waiting on someone with more experience to run into this and share their thoughts, but I certainly dont want to monkey with it without proper resources.
Broken record alert : adding damage kills will take away 90 percent of the frustration with this game, and take it to the next level.

I did two things that helped.
1. I put a small washer under the left post buy the drop targets that the ramp flap assembly rest on. That lifted the hing point just enough that I could make the shot. Now the tricky part was slightly adjusting the switch for the ramp. There is a fine point to get it to sit flush. It took some tinkering and at points I didn’t know if I was ever going to get it ha ha. I have heard the one guy that shimmed up the whole thing put it’s a pain because you have to remove ramps and all that to get to the 4 screws.
2. The demogorgons front rest on a hex post. Mine was a bit far off of it and I found that the wires going to him were tight and keeping him pulled backwards. So I gave it some slack and he tilted forward a bit more.
Hope this helps and works.

#766 4 years ago

Hi everybody,
i`m located in germany (bavaria) and i get my StrangerThings/Pro last week.
Awesome machine...I like it, really.
BUT: Demogorgon-Shot impossible!! 30 times 40times... F***!
By the way, i`ve got a playfield protector (for a little bit "dimple-security", only a little...)

And now my solution: Power (FlipperFingers) to 240 (left/right), and the shot is much easier.
Power 180-190 ---> no chance to hit his mouth. 240 ---> it works!

Machine works properly.

#767 4 years ago

what incline do you have it set at? Flipper power is going to be highly dependent on playfield angle I would think. I asked Mike Vinikour what tips he had in the last stream for it 1:09:17 into the stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/535665069. Level playfield, 6.5 degrees. Mike answers about 1:11 and he says that if it is hitting high to reduce flippers a little and to make sure the ramp is sitting flush when it is down cause that can make the ball hop if it's not flush when down.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Not sure; mine isn't defective...Come to think of it; my Pro works perfectly...Isn't this thread for Stranger Things Owners???

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

No problem to kill the demogorgon at my home.
After that, as this pinball go too fast, i have reduced the flipper power but now impossible to kill the demogorgon.
Power flipper increased again and its ok.
But pinball very fast again.

This is my favorite post.

#770 4 years ago

Looks like LE's are imminent! Payments are being collected by distributors now.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Not sure; mine isn't defective...Come to think of it; my Pro works perfectly...Isn't this thread for Stranger Things Owners???

He is an operator and is getting one. Why be a dick about it?

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looks like LE's are imminent! Payments are being collected by distributors now.

I paid in full since two weeks back. Does that mean I get it first?!

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I did two things that helped.
1. I put a small washer under the left post buy the drop targets that the ramp flap assembly rest on. That lifted the hing point just enough that I could make the shot. Now the tricky part was slightly adjusting the switch for the ramp. There is a fine point to get it to sit flush. It took some tinkering and at points I didn’t know if I was ever going to get it ha ha. I have heard the one guy that shimmed up the whole thing put it’s a pain because you have to remove ramps and all that to get to the 4 screws.
2. The demogorgons front rest on a hex post. Mine was a bit far off of it and I found that the wires going to him were tight and keeping him pulled backwards. So I gave it some slack and he tilted forward a bit more.
Hope this helps and works.

This is why SDTM is my favorite pinball youtube channel. The wire trick is some great low hanging fruit! I too had a gap between the demo and the post. First game 3/3 in the mouth! Highly recommended.

#774 4 years ago

The dimples on my playfield looks like their starting to smoothen out a little! Starting to blend in maybe?

#775 4 years ago

the dimples do start to even out. I remember after the first 50-100 plays on my munsters I was really concerned about them but now after almost 1500 plays I have to bend down and really try to find them with the light. They are there but not noticeable while I'm playing. This machine definitely has more air balls due to the demo hit than my munsters and you will see some deeper dimples in that. Probably as bad as the ghostbuster machines a good while back with the slimer mech and those dreaded pop targets. I just recently saw on the playfield protector thread that a guy with the ghostbusters machine even a thick extra piece of plastic over the entire playfield didn't stop the dimples.

You have to remember that all of these materials are less dense than the steel balls flying around. While it is an eye sore at first it will look better over time

What I am more concerned about is the metal. The demo ramp on the one near me has some pretty nasty dings in it visible when the ramp is down. The metal ramp transitions are also quite dented. I really hope Stern provides cheap replacements for those metal parts cause I can see me replacing them once it gets to be a huge eyesore. Those transitions will be a real pain to replace at some point. The main ramp should be pretty easy assuming there are replacement ramps available

#776 4 years ago

Any word on when PRE are going to ship? I'm about to jump out of my skin!

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I paid in full since two weeks back. Does that mean I get it first?!

Just means you paid way before stern actually needed the payment from distributor. :p

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Any word on when PRE are going to ship? I'm about to jump out of my skin!

Probably not until late feb early March.

#778 4 years ago

Picking up a Stranger things on Thursday!! Excited! It will be home for a few days then go on route at my local brewery.

#779 4 years ago

Mine is on this picture somewhere. I'll have to wait for a vast 2 weeks i'm afraid.

5E4EEDF4-5FEE-4B87-91E5-E6D6529EEEF7 (resized).jpeg5E4EEDF4-5FEE-4B87-91E5-E6D6529EEEF7 (resized).jpeg
#780 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is why SDTM is my favorite pinball youtube channel. The wire trick is some great low hanging fruit! I too had a gap between the demo and the post. First game 3/3 in the mouth! Highly recommended.

Man that’s awesome! Glad it worked! Makes the game so much more enjoyable. And thank you for the kind words!

#781 4 years ago

LE should be any day now!

#782 4 years ago

I couldn't find the wire fix in the video.. Can you post pics of what you did?

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I couldn't find the wire fix in the video.. Can you post pics of what you did?

Pardon my terminology. First things first get your head down low and look under the demogorgon, there is a tiny chrome post that limits the forward motion of the toy. In my case there was a small gap, so if i pushed the back of the demogorgons head it would come forward, ever so slightly. Releasing it, would result in it "springing" back. Now look at the back of the demogorgon, there is a wire connected to it, that routes down through the bottom of the playfield. I personally didnt go under the playfield, but just gently pulled this wire up so that it gives some slack. The demogorgon should then rest freely on the post, rather than leaving slack.

Hope this helps.

#784 4 years ago

Mine has arrived and is in the house. I'm just waiting for the glass to no longer be freezing cold before I pull it from the machine and complete setup. My wife and son are both home sick with the flu and this definitely brought their spirits up. Also funny I went to try and find the code update and it wasn't on the main page. Had to search for it. Appears they put it under 2019 year lol

IMG_20200123_101401123 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_101401123 (resized).jpgfunny (resized).pngfunny (resized).png
#785 4 years ago

LOL, powered up and it's got the latest code on it but everything is in austrian. Trying to find the language menu setting. Mine is NOT showing the 48 volt warning on start up. Only when I open the coin door

#786 4 years ago

LOL, powered up and it's got the latest code on it but everything is in austrian. Trying to find the language menu setting

Wow, so its upside down and down under at the same time. Unsure how to handle that.

#787 4 years ago

At 180 and 190 flipper strength, could not make demo shot. Upped to 210 and it’s better and still no airballs. Going to raise it incrementally from here to find the sweet spot of limited airballs and consistent demo shots. At stock 255 I hit it consistently, but too many airballs.

#788 4 years ago

All up and running. It does look like the one way gate was modified from pictures that I have seen. The slack outside the mount is at least 4-5mm in length. It's not easy to see the end of the ball stop. Will take a look when I don't have my son breathing down my neck to play it Started at 200 for flipper power and we have not made the demo shot yet but neither of us were accurate in the shot on the first game. I would not have expected any of mine to go in from where they were hitting. Looking forward to many games today on it.
IMG_20200123_121316115 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_121316115 (resized).jpg

#789 4 years ago

All up and running. It does look like the one way gate was modified from pictures that I have seen. The slack outside the mount is at least 4-5mm in length. It's not easy to see the end of the ball stop. Will take a look when I don't have my son breathing down my neck to play it Started at 200 for flipper power and we have not made the demo shot yet but neither of us were accurate in the shot on the first game. I would not have expected any of mine to go in from where they were hitting. Looking forward to many games today on it.
[quoted image]

I love how you have the vpx version next to it.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

At 180 and 190 flipper strength, could not make demo shot. Upped to 210 and it’s better and still no airballs. Going to raise it incrementally from here to find the sweet spot of limited airballs and consistent demo shots. At stock 255 I hit it consistently, but too many airballs.

I like your feedback about 210, im hovering around the same and finding the same. At that power I personally noticed the ball hitting low, as sounds to be your case as well. Have you tried the wire slack trick Hollywoodbone suggested? It certainly helped me. Ive never hit it so consistently since ensuring the demo is resting on the post from underneath it. The wire if too snug, restricts its movement.

#791 4 years ago

This game is great with 180 power... sincerely, stern is not serious. This pinball is too fast at 255 !! So much airballs... sometimes the ball shoot the glass so strong that im afraid to break it....

I will try to put down the head this week end to keep the power at 180.

Change all the game.

#792 4 years ago

I've been messing with my demo as well and you really do have to find the sweet spot between power and pitch for the machine. For me it ended up being exactly 6.5 degrees and 195 both flippers. My son made two shots in a row and I've made about 5 but not in a row yet The second demogorgon after you drain the two balls in him you have to shoot the every shot as they are all lit. My son was so excited he shot it twice he drained right away so not sure if those lit shots are jackpots or what but you are clearly still fighting him in that multiball

I took a look at the left ramp ball lock rod thing and it has not changed on mine. Same press fit.

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I love how you have the vpx version next to it.

The VPX one is great. Been holding us till the real one came in

#794 4 years ago

I took a look at the left ramp ball lock rod thing and it has not changed on mine. Same press fit.

I would take some crimpers to it to try and tighten it or pull apart and put epoxy in there or something.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would take some crimpers to it to try and tighten it or pull apart and put epoxy in there or something.

Agreed, once my son is done playing with it and I get a chance to take the glass off again

#796 4 years ago

Agreed, once my son is done playing with it and I get a chance to take the glass off again

Based on when the one at our bar came loose I’d say you have a few hundred games before it pops out on its own. Haha

#797 4 years ago

Anyone else finding the right out lane “clunky”. If I hit it just right it goes up and into the pop bumpers , but many times it will rattle around. Hard to explain.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Anyone else finding the right out lane “clunky”. If I hit it just right it goes up and into the pop bumpers , but many times it will rattle around. Hard to explain.

50% of my shoots in the right loop missed... the metal rail under the right ramp is going on the road of the ball... there is no room for the ball... its a QC problem and have called my distributor... its so boring that i have stopped play today.

Dont know how to solve this problem...

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

50% of my shoots in the right loop missed... the metal rail under the right ramp is going on the road of the ball... there is no room for the ball... its a QC problem and have called my distributor... its so boring that i have stopped play today.
Dont know how to solve this problem...

It does look narrow. I’ll see what others are saying. Maybe it’s an easy fix.

#800 4 years ago

So my son was hitting the demo but I was still unable to drain one. He also started to have a dry spell. We've seen it go in probably 15 times since we got it setup but I wouldn't say it was easily makeable. I guess he's much better than me lol. I asked the guy I bought from if he had any suggestions and he said the biggest thing he's found is that the bubble needs to be between the lines.

So I took a look at my pitch again. I set it to 6.5 with an inclinometer but the bubble looked like the attached.

I made the adjustment to my machine to get it between the lines. It meant closing the rear levellers completely and bringing the front up about 4 full turns. That got just the tip of the bubble on the top line. I'm not taken the glass off yet to see what that is at but the first shot I took I made. Then second, third, missed fourth (bad shot), and landed the fifth.

It does make the game a bit more floaty though. Going to play with pitch some more to see if I can find a middle ground between floaty and making it reliably.

IMG_20200123_184755327 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_184755327 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/16?hl=yfichelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.