IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 449.
#8401 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You turned your game up to 30?!? Haha. I love my games loud and my game has never been higher than 18. Haha

30 definitely would cause my wife to yell at me. Hell, even my kids would yell at me. I couldn’t imagine playing it at 30 or anywhere near that lol.

#8402 3 years ago

Yeah my house shakes at 16-18 with an external sub.

#8403 3 years ago

This is it! Transport company just called. My LE is ready for pickup! WOOT!

#8404 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Ok up and running with great Cleland mix right off the bat! Intial observations-
Pros
I didn't watch any play videos before hand (thanks again Twitch!) So I was blown away by all the targets and spinner being animated! So awesome and a great design! I haven't even added any of my mods yet.
-How can anyone say they are cool with not having the projector?
-definitely a top cab out of everything I have played so far.
Cons
- going through setup menu and I get to sound. At 30-40 my glass rattles and makes nasty noises with just the confirmation noise of changing digits.. Stock sound setup.. That didn't even seem that loud to me and I haven't even hooked up the sub yet. Anyone else have this issue/resolve? Playing the game I can hear the glass rattling at 30, also hear rattling down lower in the cab and I am pretty sure it is the woofer.
- before I turned it on, just pressing the flipper buttons against the springs, the right one feels slightly weaker? And then after I played a game now I see that my right flipper doesn't return all the way now to align back with the left flipper in typical position....
-got to make one shot to demogorgon- bounced off mouth. -ramp has dreaded gap on side. Here we go lol.
-made 2 TK shot- it didn't even think about magnetizing but maybe it was a weak shot, I am babying it. Still got the ball lock though.
-one airball off center drop targets and it didn't sink it, then next shot knocked down 2 of them.
-cab fan seems really loud?
-when am I supposed to sleep? I could keep playing this all night.
Shot of where my right flipper is at rest after first game-
[quoted image]

The flipper alignment has nothing to do with the flipper button. It's not super weird for one to feel slightly harder to press than the other. Chances are they will equalize after actuating them a few times, but if not you could take the stiffer button apart and see if there is anything rubbing funny.

The flipper likely moved because the flipper bat wasn't tightened down on the pawl. You will need to realign it and tighten it down. Make sure you leave a tiny gap between the flipper bat and the playfield bushing so it doesn't bind up. If you haven't adjusted a flipper before, I am sure you can find a good explanation or tutorial with a little googling. Can seem intimidating at first, but is super easy and a good thing to know.

Fans are pretty loud. That's normal. You can replace with a silent one for pretty cheap if you want. It never bothers me that much.

30-40 volume seems insanely loud to me. Not surprised you are getting a rattle and probably distortion. I wonder if something is wrong with your amp or speakers? No way I could comfortably play over 20. I think most of mine are around 12-15 and they certainly aren't quiet.

#8405 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats on your first pin! Already have a family of six and any room left in my house is for pinball lol so no more allowed in my family. Where’s Simpsons coming from and when will it arrive? For my pins I like to get key chains for each one. I bought this Funko demogorgon key chain on eBay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you like keychains you should check out the ones I've been custom 3D printing and hand painting for different games! I'm currently working on a Monsterbash set and a Pinbot, but I can make almost anything! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1298-jk-pinball

#8406 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

More
The flipper alignment has nothing to do with the flipper button. It's not super weird for one to feel slightly harder to press than the other

It’s most likely due to the cabinet switch not pushed up against the button as much as the other side.

#8407 3 years ago

Anyone want to humor me and download a sound decibel app? I want to compare notes at the same sound settings on the same intro, just to be sure my equipment is performing right.

Stock setups only, no external sub. Run Cleland intro on whatever your sound number is set at and state your number and decibel reading.

Screenshot_20210304-090310_Google Play Store (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210304-090310_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
#8408 3 years ago

Haha mines at 30 also. Was playing late last night with no complaints.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hopefully its built on or after 3/6/2020. Mine needed no fixes outta the box. Install the uv kit asap because like other say it's a game changer. Also I advise against clear rubber on this title.

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Man it’s hard to focus on work with this sitting in the garage.

F9C15EDB-69F8-4469-A0CE-5F0262B61B81 (resized).jpegF9C15EDB-69F8-4469-A0CE-5F0262B61B81 (resized).jpeg
#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hopefully its built on or after 3/6/2020. Mine needed no fixes outta the box. Install the uv kit asap because like other say it's a game changer. Also I advise against clear rubber on this title.

Probably not a late build. It's number 16. The UV kits is ordered. I will stick a set of PinStadiums(just the UV lighting) until I get the kit.

#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Probably not a late build. It's number 16. The UV kits is ordered. I will stick a set of PinStadiums(just the UV lighting) until I get the kit.

LE number has nothing to do with build sequence. Serial number does.

#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I've got the titan glow on my flippers and slings and love it. Takes some getting used to.

#8413 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s most likely due to the cabinet switch not pushed up against the button as much as the other side.

Just to clarify, yes, that is likely to make the button more stiff...but it has nothing to do with the flipper alignment. I know that's what you meant, but clarifying it for the op.

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My machine was born on 28 Jan 2020.

So what changed on 3/6/2020 ?

#8415 3 years ago

I had one of the first LEs off the line and I’m 248.

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had one of the first LEs off the line and I’m 248.

I take it back then!

#8417 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've got the titan glow on my flippers and slings and love it. Takes some getting used to.

Where you bought them?

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My machine was born on 28 Jan 2020.
So what changed on 3/6/2020 ?

Not sure anything changed.
Just know that mine had all the fixes from factory with that born on date.

#8419 3 years ago

I've got an off purple color and when the uv goes off their hot pink and glowing. Clear or black don't seem to give off any effect.
I got a whole bunch different colors coming from titan go try out.

#8421 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What fixes if i may ask? Got an list? Mine in from Jan 2020 to..

#8422 3 years ago

The glow on the flippers took some getting used to. Looked odd at first but with the uv on it's awesome. Some people do all the rubbers but I like the black for the rest. There are not a lot of rubbers on this game. It's crazy how few.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1628

IMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpg

#8423 3 years ago

so i've decided to do the right thing and actually go to my distributor to play both Sth and maiden before buying one. Ill let you know if I'm in the club tomorrow!

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

so i've decided to do the right thing and actually go to my distributor to play both Sth and maiden before buying one. Ill let you know if I'm in the club tomorrow!

Both are great machines but like sth more then im!

#8425 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

decided to do the right thing and actually go to my distributor to play both Sth and maiden

Try as many games as you can while there. It’s a super fun way to spend a few hours and you may end up with something you never even considered. That is how I ended up with STh.

#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think you will find that Stern LE’s are in fact built in chronological order with relation to the serial number. JJP’s are not.

#8427 3 years ago

I am thrilled how the NST Pinball is made. The "BLACK DIAMOND" screen mod is coming soon. At the moment I am calculating the costs for a higher edition and will keep you up to date in a new thread. I am filming a high quality video to capture the effect as best as possible.
I hope I can do some facts next week .

Cheers, Benjamin

Ok guys, maybe not the best video but a taste of how it works.
https://vimeo.com/519694611

Don't forget, there is daylight outside.

#8428 3 years ago

Finally Broke 1 billion.
Also first time I've noticed flipper fade guess I better put the pinmonk fans in I bought last week.

Factory balls just started to get magnetized too. perfect time to do both.

20210304_153937 (resized).jpg20210304_153937 (resized).jpg
#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocco:

I am thrilled how the NST Pinball is made. The "BLACK DIAMOND" screen mod is coming soon. At the moment I am calculating the costs for a higher edition and will keep you up to date in a new thread. I am filming a high quality video to capture the effect as best as possible.
I hope I can do some facts next week .
Cheers, Benjamin
Ok guys, maybe not the best video but a taste of how it works.
https://vimeo.com/519694611

One more video in the screen test mode.......
https://vimeo.com/519702063

#8430 3 years ago

I really did the Glows from Titan as well

B3B76633-D1A0-46FC-8785-F4383640DEC2 (resized).jpegB3B76633-D1A0-46FC-8785-F4383640DEC2 (resized).jpeg
#8431 3 years ago

Best is when I turn all my games off and the stranger things rubbers hold their glow for a few minutes in the dark basement. Haha

#8432 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing!!! I ordered the rubbers. Hopefully Cointaker will have my UV light kit ready to ship in the near future

#8433 3 years ago

Recently joined the club and shopping around for mods. Has anyone come up with any cool ideas to put on the lockbar? I think I saw something like a silhouette of the gang riding bikes at one of the modshops but maybe I imagined it.

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Recently joined the club and shopping around for mods. Has anyone come up with any cool ideas to put on the lockbar? I think I saw something like a silhouette of the gang riding bikes at one of the modshops but maybe I imagined it.

I remember seeing that one as well but I have not found it for sale anywhere. I'd be interested in it too

#8435 3 years ago

I remember seeing that one as well but I have not found it for sale anywhere. I'd be interested in it too

If it’s this one, I’m pretty sure it’s no longer being made. I originally purchased from Cointaker.

EA64DC16-4A97-4431-A8F2-49AA4116B2FC (resized).jpegEA64DC16-4A97-4431-A8F2-49AA4116B2FC (resized).jpeg
#8436 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I think you will find that Stern LE’s are in fact built in chronological order with relation to the serial number. JJP’s are not.

That's what I said.

#8437 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

If it’s this one, I’m pretty sure it’s no longer being made. I originally purchased from Cointaker.[quoted image]

Yep, that was it. At least you confirmed I wasn’t hallucinating. Thanks.

#8438 3 years ago

I have stock balls. Giggity

When do you know your balls are magnetized. As a noob I have no idea what to look for. Game count?

As a replacement... titan standard shiny balls??

#8439 3 years ago

Black Diamond STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM / LE
CANVAS SCREEN "Bulk order"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-diamond-stranger-things-premium-le-canvas-screen-bulk-order

#8440 3 years ago

What you said was “LE number has nothing to do with build sequence.” The LE# does, in fact, have something to do with build sequence. For sterns, LE #1 in a run is indeed the first LE built in that run. For example, LE #352 is the 352nd built. In turn, there is a direct correlation to the serial numbers. The serial number for #352 will show it was built exactly 351 units after #1. Stated differently, the LE numbers are not randomly assigned.

The same does not hold true for JJP.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's what I said.

#8441 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

When do you know your balls are magnetized. As a noob I have no idea what to look for. Game count?

Titan standard shiny balls yes. Just replace them now and you’ll never have to worry. Haha

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

What you said was “LE number has nothing to do with build sequence.” The LE# does, in fact, have something to do with build sequence. For sterns, LE #1 in a run is indeed the first LE built in that run. For example, LE #352 is the 352nd built. In turn, there is a direct correlation to the serial numbers. The serial number for #352 will show it was built exactly 351 units after #1. Stated differently, the LE numbers are not randomly assigned.

We'll agree to disagree. They ship LEs overseas first. I usually get a low number, and people with higher numbers have gotten their games well ahead of mine, so what your saying doesn't sound right. But either way, it's just not important enough to dwell on.

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

But you didn’t address people that request certain numbers. If I paid for number 500 and got one of the first ones off the line, the 10th game built could be my #500

#8444 3 years ago

Does anyone know where this topper can be purchased from?

54AC4F5C-C616-4C37-B958-23D6B17EFAC3 (resized).png54AC4F5C-C616-4C37-B958-23D6B17EFAC3 (resized).png
#8445 3 years ago

Search this thread. The supplier posted recently.

#8446 3 years ago

So I bought this decals set to have replacements for all the projector screens. It was $95 from stern. I didn’t realize it was going to have ALL the decals in the game. Haha

8C8213AB-3B74-4277-80BF-7891B58331A1 (resized).jpeg8C8213AB-3B74-4277-80BF-7891B58331A1 (resized).jpegCCDA036E-8AEA-450C-BD45-4E9ACADFE0C9 (resized).jpegCCDA036E-8AEA-450C-BD45-4E9ACADFE0C9 (resized).jpeg
#8447 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But you didn’t address people that request certain numbers. If I paid for number 500 and got one of the first ones off the line, the 10th game built could be my #500

That's what I do...perhaps that's where the confusion lies.

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

You will know they are magnetized when they start kind of sticking to other balls when in multiple or hanging up on metal. I've seen some really odd things from magnetized balls. For games with magnets I've been real happy with these

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

I use the ninjas in my non magnet games.

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What are all of the fixes you mention? My game on order has a build date of late 2019....

#8450 3 years ago

I set up mine last night (28 Jan 2020 build). Installed real knocker, Stern shooter rod, and external sub. Still need to check pitch and level - game feels a little slow. Guessing my pitch is closer to 6 than 6.5. Ran late and wanted to try the game!

I set it up like all my other games. 4 auto replay levels that award extra balls. Specials award EB, and no EB limit. Also closed the outlanes to make the game palatable for my gf - I heard the outlanes were pretty brutal on this game. Well shit. She got some ok playtime but my games were forever lasting (I'm a fairly decent player). Probably be like that for a few weeks until the replay scores adjust higher. Only played 4 games total and broke 1B twice. Only got about half of what's needed for final showdown. Did do all the demo modes. The fifth one is fun! Also got to total isolation twice. That was so cool. Wish the manufacturers could implement some sort of player profile for home use. Like XBOX/PS. I could have harder settings for me but easier settings for my gf.

TK lock seems to work ok. Obviously weak shots don't make it but good shots do. Demo seems to be pretty good. Hard to judge but shots seem high but demo bends back and ball goes in so I won't mess with it for now.

Projector was totally out of focus. What a crappy setup for adjustment. The projector itself seems to have some play in the focus wheel so vibration from the game puts it out-of-focus. It's still a bit fuzzy but pretty close.

Tried installing regular pinstadium neos while I wait for my UV Kit. Was hoping the "UV" connection on the pinstadiums would be adequate but it's not really UV. More like purple/pink. I'm sure their STh edition is in the correct UV range. Anyway the Neos did nothing to make the hidden artwork be visible so didn't install them. Hope the kit arrives soon!

I still need to tweak some ball guides but waiting to adjust to the correct pitch first. The upper left tends to send the ball into the left sling and it produces a lot of STDM bounces. The upper right guide is super inconsistent. Some times left sling, left flipper, right flipper, stdm. Depends if it hits the shooter lane 1-way gate post. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure I can find a consistent setup. Will get to it today!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/169?hl=c-note and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.