IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 449.
#8251 3 years ago

Who did you contact? I’ve had the most luck with Pablo. Although not extremely responsive, he at least responded to me.

[email protected]

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Just wanted to send a shout out to Pinpickle for his help with adjusting the demo. It's PERFECT now. Not too easy but at the correct height . With mine just had to remove the spacers but some of those screws were a real pita to remove and put back. Just have to be patient. Be careful also to watch what you are doing. I put too much pressure on the screen accidentally and bent it a little, had to bend it back. Luckily it was fine. THANKS PINPICKLE!!

Glad I can help!

#8253 3 years ago

Here are a few more pictures from removing the spacers to adjust the Demogorgon lower. The front part of the left ramp had to be removed completely, so make sure to note where the two wire connectors go through the playfield so that you can put them back correctly. As mentioned earlier, there are 2 bolts/nuts under the playfield that bolt down the demo. There is also one wood screw on the top of the playfield that holds it down. Once you move the plastics out of the way by removing screws referenced in earlier posts, you'll see this screw. One of the screws that needed to be removed in order to reach the wood screw is pretty much under the ramp in that area and is hard to get to. The first picture shows that wood screw. In the second picture I have the screwdriver on that wood screw to show how you have to get it in between things. Once you remove the little black screw on the decorative plastic strip, you can get the screwdriver in between there but it's tight. After removing the wood screw, the demo comes out easily by removing the bolts/nuts under the playfield. I did not have to disconnect the wire, and I only used the two bolts/nuts to put the demo back in. As others mentioned, the wood screw (first picture) is not really needed afterwards since the bolts/nuts underneath are plenty sufficient to hold it down.

The last picture shows the 2 spacers that needed to be removed. I also had to remove the gate with the little black bumper on top which is right under the front of the demo (one screw and one nut/bolt to remove it), and remove the black bumper and screw from the gate, and then put the gate back on without the black bumper. If you don't do that the demo won't move properly and will sit on top of the black bumper. You may want to use a magnetic screwdriver for some of these screws if you have one - helps a lot and makes it easier to put them back. I also used one of those mini flashlights with the magnet, as I inevitably dropper a few screws here and there and it made it easy to retrieve them.

Again - thanks to Pinpickle for all the guidance on getting through these steps!

2021-02-27_11-51-05 (resized).jpg2021-02-27_11-51-05 (resized).jpg2021-02-27_11-53-38 (resized).jpg2021-02-27_11-53-38 (resized).jpg2021-02-27_11-54-50 (resized).jpg2021-02-27_11-54-50 (resized).jpg
#8254 3 years ago

I’ve done just a couple adjustments including sterns ramp kit. UV kit installed and it’s amazing!
Uhm.... this games is pretty underrated!
I’m going to adjust the demogorgon too.

Even now though. The game just creates this eerie vibe unlike any other. Very good.

Should I do the sound mod? Or keep it factory?

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Our STh's Pro has been having several issues for quit some time w/ Demogorgon hits & problems w/ the ramp. The ramp becomes stuck in the down position when turning the machine on & sometimes during gameplay.
I have tried contacting Stern w/ these ongoing issues w/ no such luck. After two attempts w/ a wait of over six weeks of no response from Stern, this is becoming frustrating.
We have had the majority of modern Sterns in the house, but STh's has lasted the longest. This game is excellent as long as it's working 100%. What is the best avenue to receive a quick response from Stern?

Ramp stuck down seems to indicate that it doesn't know where the ramp is. You probably need to adjust the down switch or the up switch or both. Run the ramp test in the system menu and see if both the up and down switches are registering properly when the ramp is opened/closed. If not (my guess is not) adjust the switches so they register again.

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I’ve done just a couple adjustments including sterns ramp kit. UV kit installed and it’s amazing!
Uhm.... this games is pretty underrated!
I’m going to adjust the demogorgon too.
Even now though. The game just creates this eerie vibe unlike any other. Very good.
Should I do the sound mod? Or keep it factory?

I think clelands stuff is great. Adds just enough without it being forced and really tops the game off. Here’s a video with the music incorporated so you can get a sense of it.

#8257 3 years ago

Is it true that Cleland did the original music for the Minecraft video game?
I can't wait to get this running on my STh

#8258 3 years ago

Demo shot issue.
Right flipper is dead on as long as I am.
Left flipper always low maybe 1/2 inch.
Stock flipper power. 100% level
tried pitch from 6.8 to 7.1 all same.
I don't think shimming demo will help.
I think it would make right miss

Any thoughts? wish I could turn up left flipper don't want to turn down the right.

#8259 3 years ago

Drop the flipper power on the left to 240 and see how that works.

#8260 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop the flipper power on the left to 240 and see how that works.

I will do that

#8261 3 years ago

I'm in!

20210227_161859 (resized).jpg20210227_161859 (resized).jpg20210227_164521 (resized).jpg20210227_164521 (resized).jpg
#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm in!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Front legs on before you lower the front to the ground!

#8263 3 years ago

Haha. The excitement got the best of him. Congrats!

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

chuckwurt is right. Put the game in switch test, and make sure the drop target opto is registering. If it is not, that is your problem. If it is, pay attention to the name of the opto... It should say something with "drop target" in the name. If it says "screen opto" or something like that, you need to lift the playfield and switch the two opto connectors. Stern labeled them for you, and probably just reversed them at the factory. They are really close together, and use the same type of plug.

Thnx chuckwurt

Opto is working fine. Think it was my pf protector... Removed the whole protector because i had more problems with it. Without it plays great! But I noticed two other things;

1: 1 drop stays up even when i hit it hard to front side. The other 3 drops were down. Next hit it and came down... Had this couple times. What could this be?

2: shakermotor is not strong comparing with an jp2. Setting is set to maximum.

Thnx

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

1: 1 drop stays up even when i hit it hard to front side. The other 3 drops were down. Next hit it and came down... Had this couple times. What could this be?

That’s called drop target bricking. Happens on strong hard straight on shots. Unavoidable unless you try and hit the target on the sides instead of dead on.

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

2: shakermotor is not strong comparing with an jp2. Setting is set to maximum.

That’s just how this game is. It’s more subtle.

#8267 3 years ago

So why do so many think this game is lame? I honestly don't get that. Oh well

#8268 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Because it didn’t look the way they wanted it to when it came out.

#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Is it true that Cleland did the original music for the Minecraft video game?
I can't wait to get this running on my STh

Haha, not sure where that rumor came from, but not true. I am a Sound Engineer by trade, but not a musician. I have worked on quite a few video games over the last twenty years, but only in the beginning stages of recording voice talent.

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ramp stuck down seems to indicate that it doesn't know where the ramp is. You probably need to adjust the down switch or the up switch or both. Run the ramp test in the system menu and see if both the up and down switches are registering properly when the ramp is opened/closed. If not (my guess is not) adjust the switches so they register again.

No problems whatsoever w/ the ramp switches registering. The problem is, when I turn the game on the ramp mechanism activates but the plastic "elbow" prawl overcompensates then becomes stuck in the down position. The playfield needs to be lifted constantly to undo the straight rigid plastic ramp guide to slightly angled. When slightly angled the ramp can now move feely up & down.

#8271 3 years ago

I sure am glad you used your sound engineering knowledge. Well done my good man!!!

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who did you contact? I’ve had the most luck with Pablo. Although not extremely responsive, he at least responded to me.
[email protected]

I will definitely try this link since I wasn't even aware of it. I'm sure there will be somewhat of a wait time since the very unfortunate incident w/ Chas. I had several conversations w/ him as he was great as a professional & person. He is/will be truly missed. Thanks Chuck, you're the best!

#8273 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I will definitely try this link since I wasn't even aware of it. I'm sure there will be somewhat of a wait time since the very unfortunate incident w/ Chas. I had several conversations w/ him as he was great as a professional & person. He is/will be truly missed. Thanks Chuck, you're the best!

Yeah I said on FB recently how easily it was noticed how much he meant to their customer service dept cause it pretty much went to shit after he passed. He will be missed by so many.

#8274 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

No problems whatsoever w/ the ramp switches registering. The problem is, when I turn the game on the ramp mechanism activates but the plastic "elbow" prawl overcompensates then becomes stuck in the down position. The playfield needs to be lifted constantly to undo the straight rigid plastic ramp guide to slightly angled. When slightly angled the ramp can now move feely up & down.

You mean this part?

If yes, are you sure it's not just going too far before the (stop, ramp is down) switch engages when the ramp opens and that's what shifts the linkage? If you bend up the "down" sensing arm of the switch so it enables sooner it would stop this from happening (if this is the linkage you're talking about).

part_party (resized).jpgpart_party (resized).jpg

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean this part?
If yes, are you sure it's not just going too far before the (stop, ramp is down) switch engages when the ramp opens and that's what shifts the linkage? If you bend up the "down" sensing arm of the switch so it enables sooner it would stop this from happening (if this is the linkage you're talking about).
[quoted image]

Okay, I understand exactly what you are implying. The sensing arm is most likely too much in the up position causing the ramp to go too far forward. I will try slightly bending the sensing arm down to alleviate the push forward on the wheel that guides the ramp. I'm sure this is the problem, but us rookies need extra explanation. I appreciate your help!

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Okay, I understand exactly what you are implying. The sensing arm is most likely too much in the up position causing the ramp to go too far forward. I will try slightly bending the sensing arm down to alleviate the push forward on the wheel that guides the ramp. I'm sure this is the problem, but us rookies need extra explanation. I appreciate your help!

You can also loosen the switch screw body to reposition the angle of the switch to get a little more or less action.

#8277 3 years ago

Joined the club today with a STh Premium that included the UV kit, lighted shooter rod, a shaker motor, and some HD glass!

Time to beat up some Demogorgons!

DD69A13F-5C4F-46D3-ADB9-224338B54132 (resized).jpegDD69A13F-5C4F-46D3-ADB9-224338B54132 (resized).jpeg
#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I suspect they haven't played on it. This is a fantastic pinball game and should have bought it much sooner

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Front legs on before you lower the front to the ground!

I had to unload from my vehicle through gameroom door by myself. This is the preferred method in my situation.
Have to say I was not impressed by the look of this machine outta the box. That awful white on the ramps and screen not to pleasing to the eyes. Waxed the playfield &balls, installed some sideblades, new rubber, shooter lane protector, shaker, uv kit on the way.
Mines got a build date of march2020 so I fired her up and was hoping for the best. Hit the on switch and she came to life and the smile that stretched ear to ear told the story. Got 4 shots into the demigorgan on the 1st game, along with the tk lock working great.
Second game I think I might of seen something come sliding out of the ramp/screen area right into the ball drain area. Turned game off looked ball trough and in cabinet but couldn't find anything. When game turned back on went into ball search couple times next game. Pretty sure something came off gotta figure it out even though game seems to be playing fine.
Can't wait for the stern uv kit !! Gonna be killer as my gameroom is always dark. Gonna install the blazer and Camaro today.
Glad to be a member of the club!

#8280 3 years ago

Looking for the interactive arcade sign with light in it. Where to get this? Mezel dindt respond (yet) when of if it's coming back...

#8281 3 years ago

Pretty sure they were discontinued by Mezel. I don’t think they were as reliable as they wanted them to be.

#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s called drop target bricking. Happens on strong hard straight on shots. Unavoidable unless you try and hit the target on the sides instead of dead on.

I thought I had an issue with mine. I brick with solid straight on shots. Drives me nuts. Glad I know it’s common.

#8283 3 years ago

Something that has plagued drop targets for their entire existence. It’s best to have them at an angle or off to the sides to avoid straight on shots.

#8284 3 years ago

Is this the current code?

20210228_124927 (resized).jpg20210228_124927 (resized).jpg
#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

According to Sterns website, yes.

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

Yup.

#8287 3 years ago

Hello, new owner here! I love this game. Can anyone who has them tell me if the Stern side art blades react to the UV lighting in the same was that the playfield and plastics do? If not, does anyone know if someone makes some that do? Thanks!

#8288 3 years ago

Not sure how this happened or what changed but I get this shot all the time. At least once every 5 shots and I got it 3x’s in a row yesterday.

#8289 3 years ago

I ask about the current code because...
Game shipped nib from stern
Has a born on date of 3-6-2020
New code has released since.

So how does my game come with newest code?

#8290 3 years ago

Because 1.02 was done before it was released to the public.

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Not sure how this happened or what changed but I get this shot all the time. At least once every 5 shots and I got it 3x’s in a row yesterday.

That’s only supposed to award when you get the skill shot then it immediately bounces into the saucer on the left. Maybe that saucer switch needs adjustment

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Hello, new owner here! I love this game. Can anyone who has them tell me if the Stern side art blades react to the UV lighting in the same was that the playfield and plastics do? If not, does anyone know if someone makes some that do? Thanks!

No they do not. I wish they did.
I'm not aware of any on the market that have UV reactive ink

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s only supposed to award when you get the skill shot then it immediately bounces into the saucer on the left. Maybe that saucer switch needs adjustment

Seems to me like it's working correctly. It was still quick enough to trigger the mxv skill shot and it didn't hit any other switches. I've managed it the same way before. Seems certain pitches make that more common. I have mine right at 6.5 at the slings currently and I rarely see that skill shot at all but I had it much steeper for a while and saw the ricochet happen frequently.

#8294 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No they do not. I wish they did.
I'm not aware of any on the market that have UV reactive ink

Thanks for the heads up! Seems like a big hole in the market. I ordered some uv invisible I k pens from Amazon so I might experiment a bit.

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Seems to me like it's working correctly. It was still quick enough to trigger the mxv skill shot and it didn't hit any other switches. I've managed it the same way before. Seems certain pitches make that more common. I have mine right at 6.5 at the slings currently and I rarely see that skill shot at all but I had it much steeper for a while and saw the ricochet happen frequently.

Sorry I watched it on my phone. I didn’t see the ball go in the saucer.

#8296 3 years ago

I was playing Stranger Things premium the other day at an arcade. I never seemed to get the TK lock thing. I would get sometimes the ball would go around the ramp and the up post blocker would hold the ball for a second but never got the magnet on the back wall. I am not sure if there is something maybe I never qualified the magnet or maybe it was not functioning. I did get the video display of the TK like the van flipping in the air tho.

#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I had to unload from my vehicle through gameroom door by myself. This is the preferred method in my situation.
Have to say I was not impressed by the look of this machine outta the box.

Ah! It looked like you laid it down straight outta the box. Getting the machine from the box onto 4 legs is the only part of the NIB experience consistently do not appreciate.

#8298 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s just how this game is. It’s more subtle.

It’s much better since they coded it to shake when you hit the demogorgon. Definitely made a great improvement to the game for me. Initially regretted buying it prior to the code update.

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah! It looked like you laid it down straight outta the box. Getting the machine from the box onto 4 legs is the only part of the NIB experience consistently do not appreciate.

Definitely makes it more difficult putting the legs on with it laying on the ground. But nothing like the NIB experience. Now waiting for EHOH.

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was playing Stranger Things premium the other day at an arcade. I never seemed to get the TK lock thing. I would get sometimes the ball would go around the ramp and the up post blocker would hold the ball for a second but never got the magnet on the back wall. I am not sure if there is something maybe I never qualified the magnet or maybe it was not functioning. I did get the video display of the TK like the van flipping in the air tho.

The TK lock was not working on that game. Common unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.