IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 449.
#8151 3 years ago

More the merrier! Welcome! Glad NIBs are still out there. Rumor is no more are being made so whatever distros have right now, may be it.

#8152 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More the merrier! Welcome! Glad NIBs are still out there. Rumor is no more are being made so whatever distros have right now, may be it.

My NIB LE is sitting at my distro. I just need to go get it but can”t really for at least 3 weeks. The wait is KILLING meee!!!

#8153 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes, alot of the websites are sold out. I finally found a few and picked one I liked. I did find a place who still had one LE NIB (~10k) but you had to pick it up.

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like a few of us get to dial them in at the same time. Get ready for us new owners.

#8155 3 years ago

Can anyone give feedback on the Pinstadium UV setup vs the Stern UV setup? Or point me to a thread regarding it? My searches aren't pulling anything

#8156 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Can anyone give feedback on the Pinstadium UV setup vs the Stern UV setup? Or point me to a thread regarding it? My searches aren't pulling anything

Go up to the top and search pin stadium in this thread. Will most likely find what you need

#8157 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Looks like a few of us get to dial them in at the same time. Get ready for us new owners.

Every time I walk over to dial mine in I press start for one game and the next thing I know it’s time for bed. Can’t wait to “dial it in” tomorrow. Such a fun game with different ways to attack it.

#8158 3 years ago

Anyone seen the stern shooter rod kit for sale? can't find one in stock anywhere.

Found one.

#8159 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone seen the stern shooter rod kit for sale? can't find one in stock anywhere.

Just got one from nitropinball.com

#8160 3 years ago

I'm glad to see the machine selling now. It's a great machine destroyed by the pinside mob. For a while there last year Stranger Things was the only machine my distributor was saying he could get with a quick turnaround. Not TNMT no AIQ no nothing else. Apparently there was tons of stock NST.

#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Same thing happened to me when I was selling my dialed-in someone was posting it on Craigslist and Facebook hope no one got Bamboozle

Time for robin to implement a pinside watermark on market photos to discourage scams using them elsewhere?

#8162 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'm glad to see the machine selling now. It's a great machine destroyed by the pinside mob.

ANOTHER great machine destroyed by the Pinside mob. And there's getting to be quite a list. But...you know...we're here because we love pinball.

#8163 3 years ago

Dumb question:
Does the premium come with the shaker?

#8164 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Dumb question:
Does the premium come with the shaker?

No.

#8165 3 years ago

Joining the club soon! Picking up my brother's buddy's sweet Pro with UV kit and less than 200 plays....

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The cars are getting hard to find on amazon and not generally in the sub $10 price range. I've seen them at Walmart locally but that was a number of months ago when they had the Stranger Things displays up.
amazon.com link »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31114-Hoppers-Chevrolet-Blazer-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car/681537915
Billy's car is getting a lot harder to find
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31113-Billys-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Metallic-Stranger-Things-TV-Series-Hollywood-Rides-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car-44-Dark-Blue/572985789
Probably the best deal out there right now for both that I could see
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stranger-Things-Diecast-Toy-Car-Package-Two-1-32-Scale-Diecast-Model-Cars/195055352

I was able to find both cars at reasonable prices ($7.95 each) here;
https://www.diecastdirect.com/category/s?keyword=stranger+things

Only bummer was $7.95 shipping. Still, wound up only being $12 per vehicle, which isn't that bad compared to what I'm seeing on eBay.

Later,
EV

#8166 3 years ago

I didn't see how that replacement ramp cover was going to impact the TK lock, but between that and their new adjustment suggestions, my TK lock is instantly 80%. I literally never knew the magnet grabbed the ball during TK multiball until I readjusted. I've been playing some crappy games because all I want to do now is shoot the TK lock. haha

The one thing that I know is still out of spec, and may be causing the 20% failure, is my ramp is not pushed out from the back wall. My ramp actually seems a little recessed under the wall, so a ball could clip the bottom edge as it's going up the plunger. My game doesn't appear to have the adjustment screw behind the backboard, so how should I push the ramp forward? I thought I read some people wedging washers or something behind the ramp, but how thick do those need to be and what makes them stay? Is it so tight that they won't fall out?

Anyway, anyone with a Prem/LE that has any issues with the TK lock should get the replacement cover. Stern sent me mine within a couple days of emailing them. It has COMPLETELY changed the game and made the Prem/LE all that much better.

#8167 3 years ago

You don’t want that adjustment screw in the game anyway so leave that out.

You need to take out all the screws that hold on the entrance half of the ramp. Push it towards the player as much as possible. Don’t forget the ramp flap screws.

Once that is done, it’s recommended to wedge something in between the back wall and the left corner of the ramp to help push it out more (underneath Elevens head) I used a piece of laminated paper wrapped in electrical tape. Doesn’t need to be more than one inch by one inch in size and thickness it probably only a 1/4 of an inch at most. Just need something to hold the ramp out more. The update instructions in the key post detail how the ramp should be put from the back wall when done.

#8168 3 years ago

When the ball doesn’t make the magnet, what is happening?

Remember the new cover is adjustable. So if it’s missing one way or the other. Adjust it to correct the issue.

Also remember the flipper get weak quickly so if it’s working great at first then stops after like 20-30 mins, that’s flipper fade and you’ll need the fans to correct the issue.

#8169 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Joining the club soon! Picking up my brother's buddy's sweet Pro with UV kit and less than 200 plays....

Only bummer was $7.95 shipping. Still, wound up only being $12 per vehicle, which isn't that bad compared to what I'm seeing on eBay.
Later,
EV

Cool, I saw that site but wasn't sure of the safety of it. Looked legit tho. A Last year I picked up both for under 20 shipped via Prime from amazon. Surprised to see the price surging on them but diecast tends to do that.

#8170 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You don’t want that adjustment screw in the game anyway so leave that out.
You need to take out all the screws that hold on the entrance half of the ramp. Push it towards the player as much as possible. Don’t forget the ramp flap screws.
Once that is done, it’s recommended to wedge something in between the back wall and the left corner of the ramp to help push it out more (underneath Elevens head) I used a piece of laminated paper wrapped in electrical tape. Doesn’t need to be more than one inch by one inch in size and thickness it probably only a 1/4 of an inch at most. Just need something to hold the ramp out more. The update instructions in the key post detail how the ramp should be put from the back wall when done.

It also seems to matter where you put the shim behind the ramp. When I was testing it out, the best location for me was right under the magnet. Farther to the left or right and it didn't work as well. When I moved the shim (in my case, washers covered with black tape) to the left it wouldn't make it up to the wall. When I moved it to the right, the ball would fly past the magnet. Right under the magnet, and it's working great. I'm sure it varies from machine to machine, but you may want to experiment with where you put the shim behind the ramp to get the best results.

#8171 3 years ago

Anyone know a source that still has Stern Premium UV kits in stock? Look to be all sold out everywhere I have looked. One dist told me that Stern estimated 2-3 weeks before restock.

#8172 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone know a source that still has Stern Premium UV kits in stock? Look to be all sold out everywhere I have looked. One dist told me that Stern estimated 2-3 weeks before restock.

Mid March was what I was told also. It's only a few weeks wait. I pre-paid just to make sure I'd get it though. I suggest you do the same.

#8173 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

Target has Billies Camaro $14.99 and Walmart has Hoppers Blazer $12.95with free shipping. That’s were I got mine. Ordered the other day.

#8174 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the stern shooter rod?

#8175 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mid March was what I was told also. It's only a few weeks wait. I pre-paid just to make sure I'd get it though. I suggest you do the same.

Who did you prepay through?

#8176 3 years ago

I got my premium. The lock is killing me. I spend over 4 hours yesterday to adjust it. I thought I have it, because the first game test was very smooth, but now It didn’t work correctly again.

I know that there is a spi doc from stern and I have tried to make everything Right that is listed, but still didn’t work smooth.

Is there a resolution for this ( I know I can deactivate it) ?

#8177 3 years ago

Hey guys.
My machine I am purchasing will be NIB with a build date of Dec 2019. Is that an early run? Will it need to be adjusted more than the newer ones?

#8178 3 years ago

Hi guys,
We always play our machines with the outlane posts at "factory setting".
The Stranger Things we bought has them placed in the lowest position by the previous owner.
How are the placed at "factory setting"?
We never had to adjust those posts, are they supposed to get unscrewed underneath the playfield?

#8179 3 years ago

Finally cracked a billion!

Got some major points on the second demo mode and total isolation. Still have not gotten to any of the other wizard modes yet but I'm def. getting closer as the shots become more intuitive.

asdsasdfasdf (resized).jpgasdsasdfasdf (resized).jpg
#8180 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Who did you prepay through?

My distro. They never make me prepay even for machines but in this case he said that Stern was only doing a small batch and the only way to guarantee getting one was to order it now.

#8181 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

You should try searching the thread. It's been discussed just a few posts above yours!

#8182 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

How are the placed at "factory setting"?

Middle.

#8183 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I got my premium. The lock is killing me. I spend over 4 hours yesterday to adjust it. I thought I have it, because the first game test was very smooth, but now It didn’t work correctly again.
I know that there is a spi doc from stern and I have tried to make everything Right that is listed, but still didn’t work smooth.
Is there a resolution for this ( I know I can deactivate it) ?

Need more information into your issue.

When did you review the key post that lists all the TK lock adjustment tips? It’s been updated as recently as Jan 2021.

Did you get the stern updated left ramp cover? It makes this process easier.

Do you have flipper cooling fans on your game? It keeps your flippers consistent so that once you get the lock adjustments right, it doesn’t seem like they came out of adjustment. If your game plays fine at the start of a play session, then gets worse as you play, it’s the flippers, not your lock mech adjustments.

Once you got the adjustments right, did you put blue lock tight on all the screws that mount the lock mech to the back board?

#8184 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When did you review the key post that lists all the TK lock adjustment tips? It’s been updated as recently as Jan 2021.

Is there a link for it ? I have the rev1.0 issue pdf from august 2020

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you get the stern updated left ramp cover? It makes this process easier

No, how does that look ?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have flipper cooling fans on your game? It keeps your flippers consistent so that once you get the lock adjustments right, it doesn’t seem like they came out of adjustment. If your game plays fine at the start of a play session, then gets worse as you play, it’s the flippers, not your lock mech adjustments.

No, I don’t

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Once you got the adjustments right, did you put blue lock tight on all the screws that mount the lock mech to the back board?

No

#8185 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is there a link for it ? I have the rev1.0 issue pdf from august 2020

Throw that in the trash and use the stuff from this link. Please note there is stuff that deviates from the stern documents. Read this post very carefully.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

No, how does that look ?

See link above.

Get them. Google or search here for pin monk

When you have the mech dialed in, add this to the screws.

#8186 3 years ago

Thanks, I’ll give it a try

#8187 3 years ago

My STh pro(Dec 2019)came with the post rubber all the up on the out lanes. Not sure if all came this way but maybe they changed this on newer runs to make it easier for location play.

#8188 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

My STh pro(Dec 2019)came with the post rubber all the up on the out lanes. Not sure if all came this way but maybe they changed this on newer runs to make it easier for location play.

My pro also came all the way up/open.

#8189 3 years ago

Where can I get the cover replacement kit for the left ramp ?

#8190 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Where can I get the cover replacement kit for the left ramp ?

From the first couple sentences of the link I just gave you:

*** update Jan 2021. Also. Stern has an updated left ramp cover that is adjustable. This may help you dial in the shot further. Get with your distro and stern to get it sent to you. ***

#8191 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Early run games shipped that way. Eddie intended them to be in the middle. I believe they fixed it in later runs. I left mine in the wide open position.

#8192 3 years ago

Ok, try to get one

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Classic Game Rooms in Georgia has them. They are not listed on his website but call Jason.

#8194 3 years ago

Hmm..Mine were shipped wide open and I’ve kept them there with a somewhat liberal tilt. I took the rubbers off when I first got it but after a week those outlanes were just too brutal without them.

#8195 3 years ago

Yeah I doubt I ever feel confident enough on this game to remove the outlane post rubbers. Would make it too hard. I need to get EBs turned off, to get back into tournament mode, but it’s too fun getting to those wizard modes. I doubt I ever beat the game on three ball.

#8196 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just got my game on Monday, so I'm not sure what discussion there has been about improving the projection quality (EDIT: Have now gone back to see it has been discussed plenty , but perhaps this will help someone anyway), but after experimenting with over 10 different materials, including various vinyls and actual theater screen materials, this Cricut silver proved to be the best of those (better options may exist): amazon.com link » (Got mine at Michael's)
It enhances the black levels as well as the brightness/white levels and color vibrance.
Most darker materials (even other silver materials) would enhance the black levels, but generally muddy everything else (unless angled more toward the player, then that scenario produces a stellar image on Siser's Chalkboard black, but doesn't work on the flat factory surface).
Unfortunately, the ramps are too steep to get a better image than the white with my testing thus far, and while it makes the standup targets looks nicer, the insert reflects more significantly off it than the factory white (though the factory standup reflects some as well).
I have one more material to test before doing my swap, but don't have high hopes for it.
Test pics (the deeper black and brighter whites in the 'RUN!" text is a fairly clear indicator, as well as the more saturated colors):
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Still hoping to find some SI Black Diamond to test.

Got good results with the Elite Screens Cinegray 5D I was able to test today, so I have fairly high hopes that the SI Black Diamond will prove to be a top option.

With the 5D, the black levels are better than the Cricut silver (slightly muddied brights, but better overall result [I think I saw someone note the Black Diamond is a bit too dark in some scenes, and I'm seeing a bit of that with the 5D, but infinitely better than stock]), though some scenes look better on the Cricut, yet I'm noticing more that some moments will show too much reflection shimmer with the Cricut (though still the best self adhesive option I've tested thus far at the factory screen angle).

For now I'm leaning toward the 5D with an angled screen mod (again, would be free to download if I go that route and find a positive enough result).

Likely use the Cricut in the short term as it's the easiest to apply and pull off with no adverse effect.

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: Ordered a sample of Elite's "premium" Darkstar 9 to experiment with.

#8197 3 years ago

Reached Total Iso for the first time last night, really cool.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I doubt I ever feel confident enough on this game to remove the outlane post rubbers. Would make it too hard. I need to get EBs turned off, to get back into tournament mode, but it’s too fun getting to those wizard modes. I doubt I ever beat the game on three ball.

Yeah it was stupid hard. This game is sneaky tough as it is. I need to make those adjustments you walked through in your last video (scoop eject and right loop). Thanks for doing that.

#8198 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Classic Game Rooms in Georgia has them. They are not listed on his website but call Jason.

I just got mine from them last week. Fast shipping and no price gouging. I paid $279 plus shipping.

#8199 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I just got mine from them last week. Fast shipping and no price gouging. I paid $279 plus shipping.

That’s like double the original price. Are you talking about the UV kit?

#8200 3 years ago

Must be talking UV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/164?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.