• Pro 92 votes
    32%
  • Premium 95 votes
    33%
  • LE 99 votes
    35%

(286 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,170 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

181D3CE8-59E7-4EDA-8555-686B919D1608 (resized).jpeg
20210305_225801 (resized).jpg
8C8213AB-3B74-4277-80BF-7891B58331A1 (resized).jpeg
CCDA036E-8AEA-450C-BD45-4E9ACADFE0C9 (resized).jpeg
54AC4F5C-C616-4C37-B958-23D6B17EFAC3 (resized).png
EA64DC16-4A97-4431-A8F2-49AA4116B2FC (resized).jpeg
B3B76633-D1A0-46FC-8785-F4383640DEC2 (resized).jpeg
20210304_153937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpg
F9C15EDB-69F8-4469-A0CE-5F0262B61B81 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210304-090310_Google Play Store (resized).jpg
20210303_232712 (resized).jpg
5C484FCC-2111-4A4E-A439-747E636CD2EE (resized).jpeg
20210303_161543 (resized).jpg
EF7898F2-A252-4AB9-8863-1552CD400640 (resized).jpeg
ABD273E6-D849-49EE-9000-09B9F0042DCB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8499 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 170.
#8101 12 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Prem/LE demogorgan shakes kind of like Munsters Herman.
Isn't Steve in one of the shots in bullshit mode?
UV kit is supposed to be available in March, but I'd preorder if you haven't already. Might be the last run.

Thanks, do you know what website is taking uv kit pre orders?

#8102 12 days ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

This is why I love this thread. A lot of Pinside is people arguing about what pinball company they like better of people being snarky to each other but everyone here is always offering help and encouragement. So glad I chose this machine and I came here to learn more about it. Thanks everyone!

Just don't mention that you like Stranger Things outside of this thread on Pinside. You will experience the wrath of the "consensus Pinsiders".

#8103 12 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks, do you know what website is taking uv kit pre orders?

I heard cointaker was, but don't know that firsthand.

You might want to email terry @ pinballlife.com and ask if he will order one for you. I get pretty much all my special order stuff (even the weird/offbeat stern parts) through him and he's great.

#8105 12 days ago

I’m a Steve fan as well. His call outs are very limited but there are a few.

#8106 12 days ago

Hello everyone, we will soon have a complete set of Black Diamond material for the projection surfaces. For this purpose, all white surfaces from STERN are removed. Our Black Diamond Set is laminated on the back with double-sided adhesive film and on the front with a protective film. Further details will follow soon . Regards, Benjamin

Video with the full "Black Diamond" Projector Set installed:

https://vimeo.com/515169194
IMG_20210207_120942 - Kopie (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_155739 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_120946 (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_155724 (resized).jpgIMG_20210208_155714 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_120949 (resized).jpg

#8107 12 days ago

What is the material Stern uses for the ramps and screen. It seems thick and very durable.

I have a cricut vinyl cutting machine and was going to see if that material is available for sale.

#8108 12 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys considering a pro and have a few questions
- what are the differences between the pro and prem demogorgan? Does the pro demo register hits outside the hole or only direct shots to the hole?
- is Steve in this game? He’s by far my favorite character and would love to have some Steve call outs/video clips
- any idea when the UV kit will be available again? Seems sold out everywhere
- any downside to using the premium UV kit on a pro? I read something about soldering additional leds- is that needed?
- will cleland continue to support this game for future updates? The sound mod is a must have for me
Thanks

I think the rest of your questions were answered, but as far as the premium UV kit on a pro, no downside there. It's a free upgrade to the much nicer looking metal apron. Soldering LEDs to light up the windows is completely optional. If you do not do it, they will just not light up. Even not lit, it's nicer looking than the pro apron. That said, it's super easy to light them. Grab a couple short LED strips from Comet and tie them to the closest GI bulb. You could use alligator clips if you can't solder (but if you own pins you really should learn how at some point).

#8109 12 days ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Thanks guys, I’m going to mess around with this. Always learning something new. I’m embarrassed to admit this, but today was my first time getting Total Isolation. This game is soooo good!! Can’t believe I almost passed it over.

As others have said, no need to be embarrassed! It takes a lot of practice to be able to put up big scores and make a lot of progression. Pinball is not an easy skill by any means. Keep at it, and you'll get there.

The way the code builds to different "checkpoints" is awesome. No matter what your skill level is, there is a wizard mode for you, plus more to look forward to as you improve. Or if you are a really good player, but having a bad game or off day, chances are you can still feel like you accomplished something. Not many games are this rewarding for every skill level. My daughter can get to the first TI on a good day. I can usually get to the second one, and on a really good day maybe Send It Back and/or Light the Fire. I haven't quite put everything together and made it to Final Showdown yet, but it's been close (I did it before FS was in the code, but not since, go figure, LOL). I know I will get there eventually, and even when I do, I know there is still Snowball to look forward to once I actually beat it. And for those days I can't even make it to TI2, well TI1 is still a pretty cool accomplishment and I do not walk away feeling totally defeated. That is just good coding.

I also love that if modes are kicking my butt, I can just concentrate on Demogorgans or Demodogs and still have a really rewarding game. Even if you ignore everything else, getting to Can't Stop This or even Run Will is a pretty big, and very satisfying, accomplishment. Heck, for some people killing one Demogorgan is a big deal, and that's ok! The game still makes you feel like a rockstar for doing it. And that's what it's all about.

I've said it before, but this is definitely Lonnie's best code, and it isn't even close. Few other games reward all levels of play so well.

#8110 12 days ago
Quoted from Rocco:

Hello everyone, we will soon have a complete set of Black Diamond material for the projection surfaces.

Will you have these for sale? Looks like a fantastic installation. They grey material looks much better when the screen is off as well. I would be interested to see how it looks in a light controlled room or in the evening with no ambient light.

Also, how did you mount your hopper truck? I have one sitting in my cabinet. I like your location as opposed to the back right corner. I have the Billy's car as well and they seem to balance themselves out.

Good stuff!

#8111 12 days ago
Quoted from Rocco:

Hello everyone, we will soon have a complete set of Black Diamond material for the projection surfaces. For this purpose, all white surfaces from STERN are removed. Our Black Diamond Set is laminated on the back with double-sided adhesive film and on the front with a protective film. Further details will follow soon . Regards, Benjamin
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Given the discussion on reflective materials/angle issues on the previous page, I would to see the black diamond material compared to the cricut silver. I would especially like to see video from the player's perspective. I personally don't play while resting my head on the lockbar, which is the angle you have in your video.

#8112 12 days ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

This is why I love this thread. A lot of Pinside is people arguing about what pinball company they like better of people being snarky to each other but everyone here is always offering help and encouragement. So glad I chose this machine and I came here to learn more about it. Thanks everyone!

I also forgot to mention that my games are set for 5 balls. haha

One of my favourite things that I discovered last week is there is a setting in the menu where you can hold down the left flipper & start button at the same time and the game will reset. Probably not needed as often for the majority of people that use 3 balls but if I have a crappy game going I would rather restart then finish all the balls. Sometime's I will practice certain shots or flipper passes but I the majority of times I restart and try again. I don't recall where it is in the adjustments menu but if you scroll through, you will find it.

#8113 12 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Given the discussion on reflective materials/angle issues on the previous page, I would to see the black diamond material compared to the cricut silver. I would especially like to see video from the player's perspective. I personally don't play while resting my head on the lockbar, which is the angle you have in your video.

We tested a lot of slides. It has been shown that the Black Diamond material is the best solution. More professional videos will follow. The viewing angle is very good from all positions with the Black Diamond material, no comparison to the original film.

More details will follow soon.....

#8114 12 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Will you have these for sale? Looks like a fantastic installation. They grey material looks much better when the screen is off as well. I would be interested to see how it looks in a light controlled room or in the evening with no ambient light.
Also, how did you mount your hopper truck? I have one sitting in my cabinet. I like your location as opposed to the back right corner. I have the Billy's car as well and they seem to balance themselves out.
Good stuff!

The set will be available to buy soon. There will be a complete set for all white areas with extra targets stickers. More details will follow soon.

I assembled the Hopper and Billy car with a sheet metal. The cars each have a hole at the bottom where the sheet metal is fastened with one screw and the other screw is attached to the ramp. I'll take a picture of it next time .

IMG_20210222_162147 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_162203 (resized).jpg
#8115 12 days ago

Joining the club! Looking for the official topper, who can help me with this?

#8116 12 days ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Joining the club! Looking for the official topper, who can help me with this?

Stern. Once they release it.

#8117 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern. Once they release it.

Supposedly late March/early April.

#8118 12 days ago

Deleted as the ad was a scam.

#8119 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Deal of the week!
[quoted image]

Wow I just bought a LE without light kit same condition for $7800

#8120 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Deal of the week!
[quoted image]

Just saw the same ad in Portland, Oregon for 500 less

And this very game sold here on Pinside already

#8121 12 days ago
Quoted from Rocco:

The set will be available to buy soon. There will be a complete set for all white areas with extra targets stickers. More details will follow soon.
I assembled the Hopper and Billy car with a sheet metal. The cars each have a hole at the bottom where the sheet metal is fastened with one screw and the other screw is attached to the ramp. I'll take a picture of it next time .[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a clean install. Well done. Where can I buy these 2 vehicles?

Also, looking forward to your black diamond set becoming available.

#8122 12 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys considering a pro and have a few questions
- will cleland continue to support this game for future updates? The sound mod is a must have for me
Thanks

Yes I will. I've had a Pro since the December 2019 and love the game...and the series.

#8123 12 days ago

Are these replacement screens anywhere near as durable as the stock ones?

#8124 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Are these replacement screens anywhere near as durable as the stock ones?

So far there are no problems and there will be spare parts for the targets in the set .

IMG_20210208_092542 (resized).jpg

#8125 12 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

That's a clean install. Well done. Where can I buy these 2 vehicles?
Also, looking forward to your black diamond set becoming available.

Thank you, both vehicles are available on amazon.

#8126 12 days ago

The cars are getting hard to find on amazon and not generally in the sub $10 price range. I've seen them at Walmart locally but that was a number of months ago when they had the Stranger Things displays up.

amazon.com link »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31114-Hoppers-Chevrolet-Blazer-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car/681537915

Billy's car is getting a lot harder to find
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31113-Billys-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Metallic-Stranger-Things-TV-Series-Hollywood-Rides-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car-44-Dark-Blue/572985789

Probably the best deal out there right now for both that I could see
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stranger-Things-Diecast-Toy-Car-Package-Two-1-32-Scale-Diecast-Model-Cars/195055352

#8127 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Deal of the week!
[quoted image]

That’s got to be a scam, I seen this add here on Pinside on sales pending for $8300 if I’m not mistake. Someone’s trying the old shake and bake on Facebook

#8128 12 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:The cars are getting hard to find on amazon and not generally in the sub $10 price range. I've seen them at Walmart locally but that was a number of months ago when they had the Stranger Things displays up.
amazon.com link »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31114-Hoppers-Chevrolet-Blazer-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car/681537915
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31113-Billys-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Metallic-Stranger-Things-TV-Series-Hollywood-Rides-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car-44-Dark-Blue/572985789
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stranger-Things-Diecast-Toy-Car-Package-Two-1-32-Scale-Diecast-Model-Cars/195055352

I think I got the last pair at walmart just now.

#8129 11 days ago
Quoted from Rocco:

I assembled the Hopper and Billy car with a sheet metal. The cars each have a hole at the bottom where the sheet metal is fastened with one screw and the other screw is attached to the ramp. I'll take a picture of it next time .[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s amazing news! I’m in for the screen material and I happen to have some sheet metal in my garage. Perfect.

Thanks!

#8130 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Deal of the week!
[quoted image]

Yep, deal of the week for the scammer if anyone is dumb enough to send him money!

#8131 11 days ago
Quoted from tp:

I think I got the last pair at walmart just now.

I bought a pair and it went from 3 to 2 and now they’re all gone. The power of pinball nerds and social media

#8132 11 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If someone has any SI Black Diamond 1.4 to sell me that I could compare with (even just 2"x4" or so), I'd gladly test it against the Cricut silver and report here.

Most video and such I've seen of the Black Diamond has indeed been from an advantageous angle, and nothing I've seen of the Black Diamond has looked obviously better in video than what I've seen with the Cricut silver, but the Black Diamond could be promising, and I'm certainly curious to see them side by side in person.

Note: I have no intention to sell any screen mods for the game, nor have plans to develop any mods for Stranger Things.

Just sharing my findings for a cheap, DIY option, and interested in what others have experimented with.

Added 9 days ago:

No longer recommending the Cricut silver (too much shimmer when fully installed). Have more materials coming to test soon.

#8133 11 days ago

Ordered Billy’s Camaro from Target $14.99 and Hopper’s Blazer at Walmart $12.99. My wife thought it was a great idea to add them to the game.

#8134 11 days ago
Quoted from Rocco:

Ordered the cars and would love to see the sheet metal piece you fabricated. Thanks!!

#8135 11 days ago

The cars have a plastic mount that they come on in the packaging. I used a clear command strip to mount mine using that packaging mount. Non permanent and does no damage to the clear ramps. Just another option

IMG_20200613_222400445-1 (resized).jpgIMG_20210223_083004401_HDR (resized).jpg
#8136 11 days ago

Only took a month of debating, Finally ordered a NIB Prem with UV kit.

#8137 11 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:The cars have a plastic mount that they come on in the packaging. I used a clear command strip to mount mine using that packaging mount. Non permanent and does no damage to the clear ramps. Just another option[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like godzilla just rolled through town.

#8138 11 days ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Only took a month of debating, Finally ordered a NIB Prem with UV kit.

Same. Found out Stern is done making them and a distributor bought out the last few in stock. Not a lot of prem/LE out there so took the NIB plunge.

#8139 11 days ago

I can’t get those vehicles in Canada. Anyone want to order them for me and I’ll pay for them and the shipping?

#8140 11 days ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I can’t get those vehicles in Canada. Anyone want to order them for me and I’ll pay for them and the shipping?

The dist I ordered from is only selling the UV kits he has with a game.

#8141 11 days ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I bought the camero from pinsode and it lights up. Hoppers truck was purchased from Amazon.com took forever to get here. Maybe there are some left.

#8142 11 days ago
Quoted from tp:

Looks like godzilla just rolled through town.

When I'm not working on pins these days I'm usually messing with the trains (which is also a really expensive hobby btw. Pins take it though). Hopper and Billy have been hanging out on the table for the last few months while I've been having to do all the work with those optos. Hoping to get them back on the machine soon. I do miss them being there when I play.

IMG_20170930_233255843 (resized).jpg
#8143 11 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The cars are getting hard to find on amazon and not generally in the sub $10 price range. I've seen them at Walmart locally but that was a number of months ago when they had the Stranger Things displays up.
amazon.com link »

Nice... Does anyone know where I can buy a red and blue led that flashes? I want throw it inside the Hoppers blazer. Any mod makers available? I'll send you the blazer to mod...

#8144 11 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Nice... Does anyone know where I can buy a red and blue led that flashes? I want throw it inside the Hoppers blazer. Any mod makers available? I'll send you the blazer to mod...

we make the lighted blazer with flashing red/blue sirens and lit headlights. You can send me the blazer and i will mod it for your. pm me if you (or anyone) wants theirs modded.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/stranger-things-pinball-str-thn-illuminated-flashing-sirens-police-blazer

#8145 11 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

When I'm not working on pins these days I'm usually messing with the trains (which is also a really expensive hobby btw. Pins take it though). Hopper and Billy have been hanging out on the table for the last few months while I've been having to do all the work with those optos. Hoping to get them back on the machine soon. I do miss them being there when I play.
[quoted image]

Layout looks great!

#8146 11 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, deal of the week for the scammer if anyone is dumb enough to send him money!

Hmmm I am trying to buy this locally over facebook. First question out of sellers mouth to me was "where are you located". He has ignored my offers to come see it so far........

#8147 11 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth88:

Hmmm I am trying to buy this locally over facebook. First question out of sellers mouth to me was "where are you located". He has ignored my offers to come see it so far........

It's a scam!

I had email exchanges with him. When I asked when I could have my friend come by to check it out (who lives in Portland) he stopped responding. I think he has posted the same pics with different locations. As pointed out previously, the pics were taken from an ad right here on Pinside.

#8148 11 days ago

I’ll delete my post so someone isn’t duped.

#8149 10 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's a scam!
I had email exchanges with him. When I asked when I could have my friend come by to check it out (who lives in Portland) he stopped responding. I think he has posted the same pics with different locations. As pointed out previously, the pics were taken from an ad right here on Pinside.

Same thing happened to me when I was selling my dialed-in someone was posting it on Craigslist and Facebook hope no one got Bamboozle

#8150 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll delete my post so someone isn’t duped.

Myron Willock is his name on Facebook. Listed as living in Utah, yet pin location was Scottsdale...

But screw the scammers, I just ordered a NIB ST premium!! Very excited hope you all will have me in your club

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,999.99
$ 7,599.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
There are 8499 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 170.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside