IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 448.
#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Pablo said it was the part number for the accessory bag that came with the game - spare stickers etc. I also talked to Marco Specialties and they had nothing in their database for the part number he gave me.

That’s not what I ordered or bought. I ordered and bought ALL the projector surfaces. The goodie bag is only the target surfaces.

I messaged my distro. The distro I bought the game from. If you didn’t do that, I’m sure any of them would help you.

#8002 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s not what I ordered or bought. I ordered and bought ALL the projector surfaces. The goodie bag is only the target surfaces.
I messaged my distro. The distro I bought the game from. If you didn’t do that, I’m sure any of them would help you.

Ahh okay thanks. I had talked to AGS in Maryland, which is who I bought it from, but he doesn't apparently deal with those types of parts. I'll check with him using the part number you used instead, or maybe Marco, who AGS referred me to, and apparently have a ton of these types of things.

thx.

#8003 3 years ago

I think they just need the distro to make the order with them. You can’t. So you pay the distro, they order from stern and stern ships it to you. I doubt anyone but stern has these in stock.

#8004 3 years ago

I haven't had my stranger things pin very long. If I hit the shot to slow or to hard I can't get the ball to lock up on the magnet for telekinesis. Is this normal or do I need to do some tinkering???

#8005 3 years ago

A clean shot to the ramp should lock a ball every time.

Here’s lots of help to get it dialed in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#8006 3 years ago

Can someone let me know who they are buying NIB pins from? I always thought you could get them slightly cheaper if you call, but everyone is quoting me the advertised prices.

Sorry off topic

#8007 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Can someone let me know who they are buying NIB pins from? I always thought you could get them slightly cheaper if you call, but everyone is quoting me the advertised prices.
Sorry off topic

Advertised prices aren’t bad if going through someone with a good rep. I suggest Trent away tilt or Zach at flip n out.

#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Sorry off topic

Bought 2 NIB from Evan from Orange County Pinball’s

https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/new-pinball-machines?page=3

And a demo Stranger Things pro from Colorado Game Exchange

#8009 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Was the price lower then advertised? He has Hotwheels 1k more then everyone else

#8010 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A clean shot to the ramp should lock a ball every time.
Here’s lots of help to get it dialed in.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

Thank you . I registered my pin and asked for the left entrance ramp cover replacement kit. Hopefully with that and your other helpful instructions I'll get my lock to 100%. Thank you for the help, it's much appreciated!!!

#8011 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Sorry off topic

Milissia at cointaker,she is the best of the best,tell her philip sent you!

#8012 3 years ago

Bought from JJ at Game Exchange. Great guy and awesome service.

#8013 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Milissia at cointaker,she is the best of the best,tell her philip sent you!

Called her today.

Quoted from JWE:

Bought from JJ at Game Exchange. Great guy and awesome service.

He was the only one that had better pricing then the website.

So I guess the "call for better pricing " thing is gone. I mean if people are paying the website price, why not. Right?

#8014 3 years ago

I just purchased a Guardians back in November from one of our local distributors. I got a few hundred off the website listed prices but he said the new year those discounts would probably be going away.

#8015 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try reflashing the SS card. Instructions are on sterns site under support.

Thanks for the response. It ended up being a burnt U30 chip on the board.

#8016 3 years ago

I’m in the club! Unboxed my NIB Premium on Saturday. Before buying I familiarized myself with this thread and all the issues this game has had since first shipping. I’ve been playing it almost non stop since I got it.

The TK lock works maybe 50%. I’ve decided to wait until I get the new plastic piece to attack that issue.

The demo mouth shot is 0%. A good shot that should go in the mouth usually ends up hitting the demo and then hitting the glass.

The saucer (left eject) hits the two right drops, when they’re not there, bangs into the post and SDTM about 40%. The other 60% you can save, barely.

The outlanes are brutal!!! Factory set at wide open, two fresh holes visible but unused. (I know, play better!!!)

So today I decided to tackle some of the issues.

1. Moved the outlane post to the easiest hole. My average ball time is now at least double what it was.
2. Tightened the metal piece over the saucer really tight. Decided not to bend the metal just yet. The eject now hits just the right target and if the drop target’s not there, it goes up the Burn it Back lane a little bit, and comes back without going around the orbit. At least no more SDTM.
3. Tried the flipper rubber trick under the demo. It raised the demo so high that the coil couldn’t shake it. Removed the rubber.
4. Tried the elastic method on the demo. Raised the back of the base 1/4”. Still couldn’t hit the mouth. Tightened the elastic, now 1/2” higher than without elastic. Perfect shots now hit the mouth! Yay! Coil can’t reach the base so Demo doesn’t shake anymore. Boo!

So I’m gonna play it like this until I get the TK fix and while I’m tearing things apart, will remove the demo and put washers to raise the back and get rid of the elastic. I will bend the saucer metal to try to get it around the orbit then too.

Does anybody know if my demo fix is normal? 1/2” seems like a lot of washers. My build date was March, 2020. Were they still shipping defective ramps then or was the problem fixed by then?

#8017 3 years ago

I forgot to say THANKS!!! and sorry for the long post...

#8018 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

4. Tried the elastic method on the demo. Raised the back of the base 1/4”. Still couldn’t hit the mouth. Tightened the elastic, now 1/2” higher than without elastic. Perfect shots now hit the mouth! Yay! Coil can’t reach the base so Demo doesn’t shake anymore. Boo!

You’re going to have to take the demo off and make adjustments unfortunately. Those other things you tried are just bandaids.

Is it hitting too low or high?

#8019 3 years ago

I’m in the club! Unboxed my NIB Premium on Saturday. Before buying I familiarized myself with this thread and all the issues this game has had since first shipping. I’ve been playing it almost non stop since I got it.
The TK lock works maybe 50%. I’ve decided to wait until I get the new plastic piece to attack that issue.
The demo mouth shot is 0%. A good shot that should go in the mouth usually ends up hitting the demo and then hitting the glass.
The saucer (left eject) hits the two right drops, when they’re not there, bangs into the post and SDTM about 40%. The other 60% you can save, barely.
The outlanes are brutal!!! Factory set at wide open, two fresh holes visible but unused. (I know, play better!!!)
1. Moved the outlane post to the easiest hole. My average ball time is now at least double what it was.
2. Tightened the metal piece over the saucer really tight. Decided not to bend the metal just yet. The eject now hits just the right target and if the drop target’s not there, it goes up the Burn it Back lane a little bit, and comes back without going around the orbit. At least no more SDTM.
3. Tried the flipper rubber trick under the demo. It raised the demo so high that the coil couldn’t shake it. Removed the rubber.
So I’m gonna play it like this until I get the TK fix and while I’m tearing things apart, will remove the demo and put washers to raise the back and get rid of the elastic. I will bend the saucer metal to try to get it around the orbit then too.
Does anybody know if my demo fix is normal? 1/2” seems like a lot of washers. My build date was March, 2020. Were they still shipping defective ramps then or was the problem fixed by then?

Try adjusting the flipper strength depending on if the ball is hitting too high or too low

#8020 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Was the price lower then advertised? He has Hotwheels 1k more then everyone else

All his pins are way above normal price points.

Quoted from mozach:

Try adjusting the flipper strength depending on if the ball is hitting too high or too low

I wouldn’t mess with flipper strength at all. It will effect the TK lock. Leave the factory settings in place.

#8021 3 years ago

I did a quick fix before I adjusted my demogorgon and it had great results for a few weeks, until I got around to fixing it right. Scotch tape over a strip of thin cardboard at the top of the ramp.

Screenshot_20210217-221357_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210217-221357_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8022 3 years ago

Wow. Sounds like my experience out of the box. (And still now honestly).

I think I need to just devote a weekend to ironing out my issues with this game.

Or maybe I should just trade or sell it and be done with it. But I’m not looking forward to the hassle.

The new mini game is nice.

#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Quoted from finnflash:

When your desperate you buy from this place other than that stay away, :/

#8024 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is it hitting too low or high?

Too low.

#8025 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I did a quick fix before I adjusted my demogorgon and it had great results for a few weeks, until I got around to fixing it right. Scotch tape over a strip of thin cardboard at the top of the ramp.[quoted image]

I’m completely illiterate when it comes to pinball but the demogorgan fix was fairly simple. Remove the spacers and your golden.

#8026 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I didn’t pay more for mine. His Hot Wheels is probably on his location and he usually charges more. Mine were shipped directly from Stern and CGC.

#8027 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

When your desperate you buy from this place other than that stay away, :/

I wasn’t desperate and I didn’t over pay for my Monster Bash SE or BKSOR premium. His price for MB shipped was better than other places I looked. He Didn’t charge tax. But yeah his pins he has for sale are crazy high. I have a deposit with him for EHOH and paying MSRP plus Sterns $500 price increase.

#8028 3 years ago

Then you need to take apart the demo, remove the spacers from underneath the head, put back together. Done.

#8029 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck! You’re the LTG OF STh!

#8030 3 years ago

Haha. I don’t know about that, but always happy to help if I can.

#8031 3 years ago

Just watched Karl complete final showdown.

Damn, this game looks good now.

Awesome wizard mode.

Finding myself wanting this over JP or AIQ

Seems like got to go premium or LE as the projector really adds something.

#8032 3 years ago

Man you spoiled the wizard mode for yourself?!? Bummer. Yeah it’s a super fun wizard mode. They did a great job.

#8033 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man you spoiled the wizard mode for yourself?!? Bummer. Yeah it’s a super fun wizard mode. They did a great job.

Well, I have no plans to get the game for a good while and it took Karl 81 attempts so not sure I could ever get there anyway!

#8034 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I have no plans to get the game for a good while and it took Karl 81 attempts so not sure I could ever get there anyway!

On stock settings it’s much easier to get there. Pretty common to get 3-4 EBs in a game.

#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On stock settings it’s much easier to get there. Pretty common to get 3-4 EBs in a game.

It's on the list now!

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

lol for you maybe. I commonly get 2 and sometimes 3 and almost never 4. I've never seen the chapter mini wizard modes.

#8037 3 years ago

Haha. Practice makes perfect! Just have to commit to a plan and you’ll get better. If you’re trying to get to the end here’s what I suggest:

Make sure you hit the burn it back loop early and often. Light outlane save and works towards an EB. Gotta get good at earning the 3 modes EB on ball one almost every game.

Always hit drops during ball save and take advantage of hitting behind them to complete words. Should only need one target down to sneak a ball past.

When playing modes, don’t worse yourself to play it out. Keep working towards another multiball to play the modes safely.

If you play with a systematic purpose, you’ll get it.

#8038 3 years ago

Always know how far you are from another outlane save or EB. This are essentially guaranteeing you progress via additional play time.

Ignore upside down points.

#8039 3 years ago

Does anyone on here have LE #119? I found one for sale and not sure if it's a scam.

#8040 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does anyone on here have LE #119? I found one for sale and not sure if it's a scam.

Just found the same pics I was sent, here on pinside. So definitely a scam.

#8041 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just found the same pics I was sent, here on pinside. So definitely a scam.

Craigslist?

#8043 3 years ago

I would say to never use that site. Pretty strong chance it’s a scam.

#8044 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just watched Karl complete final showdown.
Damn, this game looks good now.
Awesome wizard mode.
Finding myself wanting this over JP or AIQ
Seems like got to go premium or LE as the projector really adds something.

Spoil away...I've watched Karl's showdown video a couple times and have made it to Send it Back once. If you haven't watched him play GNR, you should definitely look that up. I have a GNR LE on the way and still watch him play whenever he's streaming, spoilers and all.

It's interesting that some people don't want the wizard modes spoiled, and some don't want any part of the game spoiled so they avoid all videos of gameplay. I watch videos all the time to try and size up a game before I buy it and I always find that it is a different experience when I actually play it. I even try and read the rules before I play a machine, talk about spoiler alert.

#8045 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I emailed him shortly after the ad appeared. He actually emailed me back a week later. For a scammer, he is somewhat knowledgeable about pinball.

But the price alone let you know it was a scam.

#8046 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But the price alone let you know it was a scam.

I just thought he wasnt corrupted by pinside yet.

#8047 3 years ago

regarding the outlane posts, are you talking about the post on the edge near the top of the outlane? Move that down? I could use a bit of handicap...

#8048 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just thought he wasnt corrupted by pinside yet.

Turns out he was way more corrupted than that!

#8049 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

regarding the outlane posts, are you talking about the post on the edge near the top of the outlane? Move that down? I could use a bit of handicap...

That’s the one. They predrilled 3 holes and installed the post in the worst one for me and my kids and grandkids. Move it to the easiest unless you’re a fantastic player or a masochist...

#8050 3 years ago

Added these yesterday. The light kit is amazing.

1FC4A463-DEAB-48B6-966A-BC682F195588 (resized).jpeg1FC4A463-DEAB-48B6-966A-BC682F195588 (resized).jpegC319307F-8592-4DDC-9A79-AF69C55FB74E (resized).pngC319307F-8592-4DDC-9A79-AF69C55FB74E (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/161?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.