IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 448.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

All pinball machines get ball trails, even with Titans, etc.
If you don't already own JP or Maiden, I can't see why anyone would buy this game instead? Keith spoiled us with 2 of the best games ever made. After watching a few streams now, Stranger Things seems to fall way short. I still look forward to playing it though

You’ve yet to play but can’t understand why we would buy this instead? Well, hard to argue that logic.

The two games you mentioned are amazing! I really thought long and hard about jp2, wanted this instead. No regrets.

#702 4 years ago

Theme alone on those two has zero interest for me personally. Regardess how good they play.

#703 4 years ago

JP & Maiden are home runs. Yes, I haven't played it yet, but I just don't see it coming anywhere close, and if you bought this instead of those, you're crazy. Macho agrees....lol.

#704 4 years ago

I've played both and hate the band and hate the art of the other. Not a huge fan of the iron maiden layout either. I do like Jurassic Park but I can play that at three different bars nearby. My son loves the JP movies but can't stand the pin. He would not walk away from stranger things today and he's never seen the show...

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've played both and hate the band and hate the art of the other. Not a huge fan of the iron maiden layout either. I do like Jurassic Park but I can play that at three different bars nearby. My son loves the JP movies but can't stand the pin. He would not walk away from stranger things today and he's never seen the show...

Well then, that explains it perfectly I almost bought Rick & Morty cause my son and I are huge fans too. I went with Maiden instead. Might still get a 2nd hand R&M if it turns out good

#707 4 years ago

Not everyone likes the same pinball machines, that's why I am buying stranger things LE over JP2 and Maiden.

#708 4 years ago

Just lowered the flipper power to 180, much much better. Fewer airballs and ball no longer is like a rocket around the ramps.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just lowered the flipper power to 180, much much better. Fewer airballs and ball no longer is like a rocket around the ramps.

I keep creeping up seeing how far I can push without air balls haha. At 190 currently.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Chuckwurt, will my manual tell me all the sizes and quantities of all the rubbers that I will need for my machine? I want to get the best ones that I can.

The Stern manuals I have for Star Wars and JP both have type, size, color and location map for all the rubbers you need... Don't know why stranger things would be any different

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

All pinball machines get ball trails, even with Titans, etc.
If you don't already own JP or Maiden, I can't see why anyone would buy this game instead? Keith spoiled us with 2 of the best games ever made. After watching a few streams now, Stranger Things seems to fall way short. I still look forward to playing it though

So why post this in the owners club thread? If it isn’t for you, ok, but there’s the “other” thread for that. :p

I sold my JP and will buy STH.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Chuckwurt, will my manual tell me all the sizes and quantities of all the rubbers that I will need for my machine? I want to get the best ones that I can.

Here ya go...I just clipped this from the stranger things manual... All the rubbers size, location, and quantity

Screenshot_20200118-182451_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200118-182451_Drive (resized).jpg
#713 4 years ago

Got my Pro last night. Played about 50 games....liking it alot. I get the complaints, but I think with code it will marinate and be awesome. Shots are makable, but not too hard. I haven't had ANY issues with Demo, ramp, post, etc. So while I know some complaints are legit, stern still puts out a quality product. There will always be issues, but I wanted to post to let people know that much more often than not, games out of the box rock.

I hope they concentrate on this code and make it complex, deep and thoughtful. ASAP. They need to incorporate more assets via LCD screen...that's what the license is supposed to be about.

so - I'm happy. NOT a top 10 game, but certainly worth a buy.

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So why post this in the owners club thread? If it isn’t for you, ok, but there’s the “other” thread for that. :p
I sold my JP and will buy STH.

Noted. I had both topics saved, didn't mean no harm

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Noted. I had both topics saved, didn't mean no harm

Now get the F outta here Tom! Jk

#716 4 years ago

The next code update needs damage kill ability for the demo. Top priority.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The next code update needs damage kill ability for the demo. Top priority.

Right you are Ken.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I did. I bought ninja balls from ball barons. The nice and shiny ones. I wiped them off real good too.

I don’t know if this has to be a concern on the pro but for the LE you may want to avoid Ninja Chromes. They mention that they should not be used on games with magnets as they will be come magnetized over time.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I don’t know if this has to be a concern on the pro but for the LE you may want to avoid Ninja Chromes. They mention that they should not be used on games with magnets as they will be come magnetized over time.

It’s not a concern on the pro model because the pro doesn’t use magnets like the LE.

#720 4 years ago

Where exactly in the settings would I find the adjustment for the flipper power? I want to adjust it down just a little.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Not everyone likes the same pinball machines, that's why I am buying stranger things LE over JP2 and Maiden.

Have a JPLE, Had a IMLE, getting a Stranger Things LE. We all like different games and themes for sure.
STH is going on location after they code it out a bit more, see what the general public thinks of it as well.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where exactly in the settings would I find the adjustment for the flipper power? I want to adjust it down just a little.

It's in the Stranger Things adjustment menu....I think towards the end of the options in that list...not in front of my game now.
Set both left and right flippers to somewhere between 175 and 200. The stock 255 is WAY TOO much.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I can't fid the adjustment either, i went through the menus twice and didn't see anything for flippers

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I can't fid the adjustment either, i went through the menus twice and didn't see anything for flippers

Have you updated the code? It wasn't in earlier code

#725 4 years ago

Feature adjustment/ST #76 & #77

142EDF00-0934-498D-B563-29CCB4BAD7DC (resized).jpeg142EDF00-0934-498D-B563-29CCB4BAD7DC (resized).jpegC1BD4376-8BF6-4070-BE52-98CCC2A7DAA3 (resized).jpegC1BD4376-8BF6-4070-BE52-98CCC2A7DAA3 (resized).jpeg
#726 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Feature adjustment/ST #76 & #77[quoted image][quoted image]

updating the code now

thanks

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

All the rubbers size, location, and quantity

No one have concerns that there is no target or rubber in the left most scoop lane? You flip full force into a metal bracket.

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

No one have concerns that there is no target or rubber in the left most scoop lane? You flip full force into a metal bracket.

I think I read somewhere that the metal bracket was breaking off on some machines ?

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

On this note , curious if others will be protecting the scoop hole, seems like it could use a protector of sorts, mylar, etc.

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I think I read somewhere that the metal bracket was breaking off on some machines ?

I bet. If that's a 90 degree angle bracket without support, it's designed to break off.

Quoted from jandrea95:

On this note , curious if others will be protecting the scoop hole, seems like it could use a protector of sorts, mylar, etc.

Hopefully Cliffy can do his magic similar to the TF protector for the same shot.

#731 4 years ago

Yes, the scoop hole is definitely a concern to me, as the ball will travel w/ force clipping the upper back scoop wall depression. Also, hitting the back wall bracket w/ nothing but metal on metal to diminish the velocity of the ball. Is anyone using a cliffy, mylar or foam/rubber to lessen the wall impact &/or protect the scoop?

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Is anyone using a cliffy, mylar or foam/rubber to lessen the wall impact &/or protect the scoop?

I'm gonna try one of these once I get my game: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6629

#733 4 years ago

Definitely harder to hit the demo shot with weaker flippers. I was making it a lot at 255 stock. At 180, it’s much tougher, but I still like it better,

#734 4 years ago

Anyone been past the 2nd demogorgon mode? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on the rules of those later demo modes.

#735 4 years ago

Ive found Cliffy products awesome, but take a very long time to get made and ship. Any others be able to fit the area that you have seen in the meantime? Getaway??

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone been past the 2nd demogorgon mode? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on the rules of those later demo modes.

Also not good

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Also not good

??? You’ve seen past the 2nd one? What are the rules of the 3rd one?

#738 4 years ago

So I found the adjustment for the flipper power. Wow. What a difference that makes. I dropped both to 200, and what a drastic difference that made. One that I don’t particularly care for. It slowed the game way down. And all but eliminated air balls. Which I like. Maybe I’ll get fewer dimples with no air balls. But 200 is too low for my taste. I’ll bump it up a little. And made no difference in the demogorgon shot.

#739 4 years ago

Had the white virtual ball lock post finally pop out on my machine. Has anyone shared instructions, photos, or a video on the easiest way to fix the problem?

#740 4 years ago

So, I was telling u guys about the center ramp on my machine not working. Well. Today it’s back to working again!! I don’t get this machine. So now it’s like an intermittent thing? I’m so confused.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Had the white virtual ball lock post finally pop out on my machine. Has anyone shared instructions, photos, or a video on the easiest way to fix the problem?

To fix that problem on my buddy's machine, this is what I did:
- remove and take apart the post assembly
- put the metal plunger/housing on a hard floor
- use a rubber mallet to hammer the nylon post into the housing

#742 4 years ago

Started messing around with my "Pocket Plasma" mod. It clips on the existing plastic in the back by Eleven. Right now out of the box, it's sound activated but I plan on somehow wiring it to the Telekinesis light on the playfield. Looks pretty cool and the perfect size too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czfoaxm2n005mgw/ST%20Plasma%20Idea.mov?dl=0

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Started messing around with my "Pocket Plasma" mod. It clips on the existing plastic in the back by Eleven. Right now out of the box, it's sound activated but I plan on somehow wiring it to the Telekinesis light on the playfield. Looks pretty cool and the perfect size too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/czfoaxm2n005mgw/ST%20Plasma%20Idea.mov?dl=0

Cool, we use something similar for our monster bash plasma disc mod.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cool, we use something similar for our monster bash plasma disc mod.

I'm going to reach out to you. I think this would be a cool mod, and you would be the one to make it work.

I'd also like to get this USB Star Laser Device to trigger with a USB relay when all the White GI lights go out in the Upside Down Mode.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/no0ldgifakhx88g/Upside%20Down%20Snow%20Idea.MOV?dl=0

#745 4 years ago

great ideas cleland!

I put one of the plasma discs in my scared stiff pop area to simulate the lab years ago. been trying to source 3 white ones for my custom monsterbash setup, no luck as yet all seem to be multicolour

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

great ideas cleland!
I put one of the plasma discs in my scared stiff pop area to simulate the lab years ago. been trying to source 3 white ones for my custom monsterbash setup, no luck as yet all seem to be multicolour

The discs in general are hard to find, especially in bulk, and pretty expensive in just about any color. There’s also a high failure rate out of the box, due to crappy Chinese soldering. I’ve had to return many of them. The good news is if they are good out of the box, they don’t fail. The key is to make sure the proper voltage goes through them or they will fail.

Quoted from cleland:

I'm going to reach out to you. I think this would be a cool mod, and you would be the one to make it work.

Happy to help you if I can. It would be very easy to tie it to the telekinesis insert.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

??? You’ve seen past the 2nd one? What are the rules of the 3rd one?

Single ball. Shoot in mouth three times. Good luck.

#748 4 years ago

Not sure if this is old news, but the manual is now on Sterns site.

#749 4 years ago

Finally had a decent game..stock setting except for outlane posts set in middle hole. Had a bonus on one ball of 117 mil. Flippers set at 180.
IMG_20200120_141524 (resized).jpgIMG_20200120_141524 (resized).jpg

#750 4 years ago

Nice!

Just got word that mine will be delivered Thursday. Can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/15?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.