IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 448.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m not sure if the ramp or cover was the issue for me. I’m thinking I had multiple issues so saying it did shit may be wrong. When I put the new cover on, it didn’t fix the issue. When I made the other adjustments, it all worked.

I just want to make sure you knew the ramp cover is adjustable and that it can slide back and forth. So no matter where you had it situated it didn’t affect the balls path?

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I just had the greatest most frustrating game yet. Now that I’m understanding the rules I know what to shoot at. I completed all 4 modes, beat 2 of them, I had the TK ramp arrow flashing up just waiting for me to stay total isolation. I had all the drop targets down waiting for my final demogorgan battle. The spell of protection was lit, and I Hit the lock it post and went straight into the right outlane.
My first thought was death save but I said to myself. Nope, Can’t try it GRand champion will have an asterisk.
Sooo fun, so close to 1 Billion!!!!
5 balls btw but I’m okay with that. Machine never gave me tickets either
[quoted image]

Nice! If you never use the death save crutch, it will make you great games that much sweeter.

#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Hope you guys won't mind me butting in on your Stranger Things party. I played one at a distributor a few weeks ago and fell in love. Problem is that I'm only allowed to have three games at a time, happy wife, happy life. Just thought I'd throw this out there if there's anyone on the West Coast who has a premium and maybe has gotten bored with it or is just interested in mixing things up. I can't let go of my Sopranos, and Led Zeppelin is brand new (and the wife went halfsies with me on it), so here's my offer. I have a players condition Funhouse, all works 100%, LED lights, NVRAM upgrade, new CPU board, extra set of cabinet decals. I'd be willing to throw in up to $3,000 cash, plus my Funhouse if someone has a Stranger Things premium with UV kit to trade.

Did you get a LZ pro? How do you like it? ST definitely a great addition and I have a pro and I love it. It’s my favorite pin.

#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Did you get a LZ pro? How do you like it? ST definitely a great addition and I have a pro and I love it. It’s my favorite pin.

LZ premium on order (I added it to my collection prematurely). Did play the pro at the distro and enjoyed it, think the premium will be worth the extra $$$.

Hoping someone will take me up on my trade offer...

#7755 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just want to make sure you knew the ramp cover is adjustable and that it can slide back and forth. So no matter where you had it situated it didn’t affect the balls path?

Oh yeah I know it’s adjustable. I didn’t play with the direction at all. I set it in the middle as per the instructions. I will mark the spot and try it all the way back to see the difference.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! If you never use the death save crutch, it will make you great games that much sweeter.

Agreed. Felt good. Don’t know how to do the death save anyways. I never got close. I like knowing the clippers change the lanes. That are lit. I thought I had to drain to get the right outlane.

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Oh yeah I know it’s adjustable. I didn’t play with the direction at all. I set it in the middle as per the instructions. I will mark the spot and try it all the way back to see the difference.

Agreed. Felt good. Don’t know how to do the death save anyways. I never got close. I like knowing the clippers change the lanes. That are lit. I thought I had to drain to get the right outlane.

Yeah you’ll find out that the lit lanes change via the flippers is common on most modern games.

Avengers is an exception. That game they don’t move unless you hit the portal spinning disc. Then they rotate until that disc stops spinning.

#7757 3 years ago

Hey Club. I’ll be joining you soon. Can you help me decide between the Pro and Premium? I’ve only played the Pro.

I really want the Premium for the obvious reasons (way cooler tech than the Pro), but I really don’t like to play pins in the dark. I have 63 year old eyes that see the ball much better in a well lit room. I have a MMR and never play it with the room lights off because I can’t follow the ball with just the GI lighting of the machine.

Does playing the Premium in a well lit room destroy the projection effects of the Premium? Same question about the UV kit, although I could still have that with the Pro if I want.

Thanks for your help!!!

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Hey Club. I’ll be joining you soon. Can you help me decide between the Pro and Premium? I’ve only played the Pro.
I really want the Premium for the obvious reasons (way cooler tech than the Pro), but I really don’t like to play pins in the dark. I have 63 year old eyes that see the ball much better in a well lit room. I have a MMR and never play it with the room lights off because I can’t follow the ball with just the GI lighting of the machine.
Does playing the Premium in a well lit room destroy the projection effects of the Premium? Same question about the UV kit, although I could still have that with the Pro if I want.
Thanks for your help!!!

I think playing in a lit room completely takes away from the game. I play it with all the lights off. The dark works best with the projector.

The pro is a great game and I think that might be a better fit for you.

#7759 3 years ago

It’s doesn’t destroy the experience, but it is a better experience if the lights are able to be turned down or off. I usually have my lights at 50% brightness when playing.

#7760 3 years ago

I’m a person who buys pro unless the premium offers something much more to the experience. I went with premium and I am super glad I did.

#7761 3 years ago

Premium/ LE is amazing on STh and I think totally worth the upgrade price if you can swing it. Projections, TK Lock and moving demogorgon are all great additions to the game. (Although it takes some work to get the TK lock dialed in) But I don't think you will be disappointed.

#7762 3 years ago

Fair warning if you're considering a Tibetan Breeze kit that the Spike kit will change to the Spooky/JJP style universal design for the Spike kit brackets later this month. Since the change requires more hardware, including expensive 10-32 steel hex standoffs, the price will go up on the Spike TB kits to the level of the Spooky kits.

The advantage of this change is it will mean there's only one type of install that isn't left or right specific like the current Spike brackets which make it hard to do a 3 flipper kit because the 3rd flipper can be either left or right oriented, depending on the flipper placement. The universal bracket goes up from the end over the coil stop so it will work for tight situations like the 3rd flipper on Avengers that's too close to the edge of the playfield for the current bracket design.

Functionally you'll still get great performance from either version, and if you do a less expensive 2 flipper kit now while they're still available and want to add a 3rd flipper cooler, the universal one will be available to add-on to either a universal or an original design, so you won't be left without options if you have the original design.

#7763 3 years ago

Thanks for your help!!!

Premium all day!! So much more to offer.

#7764 3 years ago

Thanks for your help!!!

Nope. I’d say dim lit room is best. It doesn’t need to be dark.

#7765 3 years ago

Hey look at the new guy! Finally got my premium today. Not sure why people think this isn’t a good looking game. While it’s not one of Stern’s best, I think it’s a pretty good art package and is what I would expect for the theme. Came loaded with.86 code which I’m sure is weak, I’ll load the new code with Cleland tomorrow. Now off I go to flail away and try to figure out what I’m doing. Cheers!

640AD758-3FE4-4D5F-ACA7-0920757DC64A (resized).jpeg640AD758-3FE4-4D5F-ACA7-0920757DC64A (resized).jpeg
#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Hey look at the new guy! Finally got my premium today. Not sure why people think this isn’t a good looking game. While it’s not one of Stern’s best, I think it’s a pretty good art package and is what I would expect for the theme. Came loaded with.86 code which I’m sure is weak, I’ll load the new code with Cleland tomorrow. Now off I go to flail away and try to figure out what I’m doing. Cheers!
[quoted image]

good lineup.

Screenshot_20210205-204247_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210205-204247_Gallery (resized).jpg
#7767 3 years ago

I’m back in the club again . The last time I N was in the club my machine had a shaker but it hardly ever came on. With the latest code is it worth it to add one now?

#7768 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

Congrats. In about a week, you'll be back to tell us it's one of Stern's best. It kind of creeps up on you like that. A year after I got the game, my friend came over today (he's been over often). What did we both want to play? Stranger Things.

Welcome to the club!

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Congrats. In about a week, you'll be back to tell us it's one of Stern's best. It kind of creeps up on you like that. A year after I got the game, my friend came over today (he's been over often). What did we both want to play? Stranger Things.
Welcome to the club!

Nice. Some of my favorite Sterns are the games that everyone busted out the pitchforks and trashed upon release. I was honestly pretty indifferent on this game until I saw everyone crying about it haha. This game is fast! Combo city with some vicious Ritchie targets guarding the ramps. One of the good things about being around here (Pinside) for a while is you learn who’s judgement you trust, and if Chuck and Boob (and Cleland!) are on board I’m in. No signs of life by the diverter or magnets and every shot at the Demovag is high and smacking the glass so I guess I’m in for some adjustments. All good, I like learning how my games work. Fun fun fun shooter!

#7770 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

All good, I like learning how my games work.

Oh, you'll learn how that TK ball lock works...

#7771 3 years ago
Demovag is high and smacking the glass

Mine was doing that. 6.8 pitch with the flippers dialed back to 205, makes it when I hit the shot and I still have no problems with the ramps.

Jeff

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Welcome to the club!

It’s funny you say that, my brother comes over once a week and instead of gnr or wonka we end up playing STh for hours

#7773 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

It’s funny you say that, my brother comes over once a week and instead of gnr or wonka we end up playing STh for hours

Do NOT ever repeat that on any GnR thread...they'll rip you a new asshole.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thats the truth, while GnR prob will never leave I have more fun with STh.

BTW.... How’s your Star Wars? I have an opportunity to pick one up and kinda on the fence..

#7775 3 years ago

I just ordered a GnR. It’s going to be hard to beat ST.

I did play it with the lights on this evening and it’s still good. So I change my vote and say get the premium.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lol. Those guys are....something else. I’ll just leave it at that.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, you'll learn how that TK ball lock works...

Out of the blue it worked perfectly on game 10. Not gonna lie, I screamed like a 16 yr old girl at a Beatles concert the first time it stuck. So badass. The mech, not me haha.

#7777 3 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. Everybody says Premium except PinPickle, and now he says Premium too. Premium it is!

After asking the question, I started thinking about my kids and grandkids playing it, and the cool factor of the projector and the TK multi ball and decided it had to be the Premium. Can’t wait!!!

#7778 3 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. Everybody says Premium except PinPickle, and now he says Premium too. Premium it is!
After asking the question, I started thinking about my kids and grandkids playing it, and the cool factor of the projector and the TK multi ball and decided it had to be the Premium. Can’t wait!!!

I had never played it prior to today and it really is cool. I find the mechs in this game to be much more impressive than JP, this game is loaded! Can wait for my UV kit to ship (2024?).

#7779 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I’m back in the club again . The last time I N was in the club my machine had a shaker but it hardly ever came on. With the latest code is it worth it to add one now?

It’s definitely used more than before.

#7780 3 years ago

Demovag is high and smacking the glass
Mine was doing that. 6.8 pitch with the flippers dialed back to 205, makes it when I hit the shot and I still have no problems with the ramps.

You’ll never make the TK lock if you put the flipper at 205.

#7781 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s definitely used more than before.

Thanks. Looks like I have a shaker on order

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thanks. Looks like I have a shaker on order

No problem. I would say it’s now used in all the areas you would’ve thought they would implement it. It’s not going to shake the house or anything, just used well.

#7783 3 years ago

Thats the truth, while GnR prob will never leave I have more fun with STh.
BTW.... How’s your Star Wars? I have an opportunity to pick one up and kinda on the fence..

Star Wars is great, but it's fast as hell and harder than hell so I don't play it as much as others. Great game, I just suck. I swear there are magnets on those outlanes...

#7784 3 years ago

Hello guys,
Can you put the Premium UV-kit on a Pro model?

#7785 3 years ago

On my Pro, a shot to the mystery lane sometimes completes my drop target bank. Or if my drops are down and I need the shot under the Demo to start a Demo battle, a mystery shot registers that as well.
Any ideas to what my issue is?

#7786 3 years ago

Well I finally started watching the first season the other night. Needless to say I was up late, and it got me hook,line, and sinker. On the prowl for a low play huo premium or nib at a fair price. Also might be able to offer up a trade ask for details as my collection page is outta whack.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hello guys,

Yep!

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

On my Pro, a shot to the mystery lane sometimes completes my drop target bank. Or if my drops are down and I need the shot under the Demo to start a Demo battle, a mystery shot registers that as well.

Make sure all the gates are in place by the mystery lane. A suspect a ball is somehow getting pushed to the right and registering the shot that’s under the demo. That opto completes the bank and starts demo modes.

Also put the game into switch test and see if the correct switches are registering. You may have some opto connectors switched around.

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Well I finally started watching the first season the other night. Needless to say I was up late, and it got me hook,line, and sinker. On the prowl for a low play huo premium or nib at a fair price. Also might be able to offer up a trade ask for details as my collection page is outta whack.

I’d check with tilt amusements or flip n out.

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Mine does the same sometimes. Makes me think I’m seeing things. Let me know if you get a fix. I inspected it and couldn’t see any issues. It’s annoying.

#7791 3 years ago

I've had that too. But it's not all the time.

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hello guys,

Yes, and I highly recommend you do this since it's a free upgrade to the metal premium apron. Add a couple LEDs of your choice underneath to light it up. Huge improvement.

#7793 3 years ago

Thanks for your help!!!

Bought a pro for the family for Christmas and love it. The premium is cool but for me did not add much to the gameplay for the cost other than projector, shaking demogorgon, and getting the TK lock dialed in and working looks to be an on going issue and a PIA.

You will not be disappointed in the pro at all and with the UV kit it rocks. You haven’t played the premium like me so not missing anything. For your situation the pro is the best option and it is still an awesome game.

#7794 3 years ago

Going from .86 code to 1.02 with Cleland = wowzers. This game is absolutely fantastic.

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Going from .86 code to 1.02 with Cleland = wowzers. This game is absolutely fantastic.

Good to hear. Your opinion is given extra weight from me since you are a fellow R&M owner.

#7796 3 years ago

Now that I have my STh dialed in, I love it so much. Probably never leaving. And now I kind of want another awesome Stern game. The play is so fast and fun. I’ve played a few games on JP, BKSOR and Turtles and liked all of them. But I can’t decide which to get. (Well, if I could find a JPLE, that would win hands down, but that’s a hard find) The truth is none is as cool as Stranger Things in terms of assets, toys and innovation. Does anyone have another Stern pin that they love as much as their STh? Would love to hear some recommendations. Thanks.

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Now that I have my STh dialed in, I love it so much. Probably never leaving. And now I kind of want another awesome Stern game. The play is so fast and fun. I’ve played a few games on JP, BKSOR and Turtles and liked all of them. But I can’t decide which to get. (Well, if I could find a JPLE, that would win hands down, but that’s a hard find) The truth is none is as cool as Stranger Things in terms of assets, toys and innovation. Does anyone have another Stern pin that they love as much as their STh? Would love to hear some recommendations. Thanks.

The only other 2 sterns the stood the test of time for me (check my history, I’ve had my share) is Ghostbusters and Metallica. Both are awesome in my opinion. GB is tough and gets a lot of hate but it’s one of my favorites. Add the sound mod for it and it puts it right up there with STh.

Edit... I’d have to say walking dead as well, I let that one go too soon

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey: Does anyone have another Stern pin that they love as much as their STh? Would love to hear some recommendations. Thanks.

In no particular order TMNT, Iron Maiden, TWD,

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Guardians I like - I just got one recently.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Game of Thrones Premium. But it’s a whole different animal. May not be your cup of tea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/156?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.