20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 445.
#7701 3 years ago

There's one on Ebay, NIB, but it's for the Pro edition.

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

There's one on Ebay, NIB, but it's for the Pro edition.

I have a LE . I check eBay every day also.

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I never bought the uv kit. Are these still available?

looks like you have a pro. Little shop of games says they have it in stock for the pro
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/stern-accessories/stranger-things-pro-uv-lighting-kit-for-stern-pinball-machine-502-7118-q1/

#7704 3 years ago

I see the Cleland updated code is done.

Time to go back and find out what exactly the new code offered. Ball swipe and demo bomb. Woo!!

#7705 3 years ago

Thanks for the help. I was able to find one for the pro.

#7706 3 years ago

Speaking of UV kits. Is anyone worried about the UV light fading the playfield art over time? Or will the clear protect it. I’d hate my playfield to end up looking like some of the sides of my cabinets.

#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Speaking of UV kits. Is anyone worried about the UV light fading the playfield art over time? Or will the clear protect it. I’d hate my playfield to end up looking like some of the sides of my cabinets.

I wasnt until now!! Thanks

Actually, not at all

#7708 3 years ago

I’m not worried about it at all and I don’t plan to ever sell my game. I would think it would need hours and hours of direct UV light per day for years in order to do anything.

#7709 3 years ago

I recieved my tk adj plastic from stern and it really helps a lot,if anybody does not have it send serial number to stern and get one!

#7710 3 years ago

I am still looking for a Premium or an LE. Have a Stern Spider-man and/or Hotwheels as trade bait or I am going to end up selling both to fund a NIB. If the latter, anyone know of a distro that has one in stock? Going to call around this week.

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I never bought the uv kit. Are these still available?

Absolute must have.. with the UV playfield, plastics, etc.. its a totally different game. Everyone who's plays it is in awe the first time upside starts. I am still loving it. Get one as soon as u can.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I am still looking for a Premium or an LE. Have a Stern Spider-man and/or Hotwheels as trade bait or I am going to end up selling both to fund a NIB. If the latter, anyone know of a distro that has one in stock? Going to call around this week.

Zach at flip n out or Trent at Tilt should have them.

#7713 3 years ago

Just picked a UV kit up on ebay earler this week.
Dana

#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

first total isolation comes from start 2 modes in each chapter for a total of 4 modes. You don't have to complete them just start them. You get an extra ball at 3 modes started.
TI2 is 4 modes for each chapter. Then there are the chapter wizard modes which require you to complete all 6 modes for a chapter. 2 more after TI2 for that chapters wizard mode. Complete those 2 wizard modes plus demodog, the 5 shot combo, and all demogorgon modes for final showdown total wizard mode.

Question about the rules... still trying to get to total isolation again.

I understand I need to open 2 modes in each chapter. So that’s 3 balls in left orbit, TK ramp, right ramp, and bumpers.

I did learn that the pop bumpers shuffle the mode lamps. Also, when i shot a ball through the mystery/extra ball lane I activated a mode. Didn’t expect that to happen.

In the photo attached I need to put 2 more balls up the right ramp to get to total isolation. First pin still trying to learn the rules.

(Turn up the heat was flashing)

Thanks for your help, man I love pinball.

0823A0EF-8145-4298-9D69-F2D2CD5E72A6 (resized).jpeg0823A0EF-8145-4298-9D69-F2D2CD5E72A6 (resized).jpeg
#7715 3 years ago

Mystery lane spots mode shots and starts modes until you’ve played 2 modes.

Your interpretation of the pic above is correct. However, total isolation doesn’t light until that mode is over.

Shoot left ramp once that mode is done to start total isolation.

#7716 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

anyone know of a distro that has one in stock?

I got my LE from Mike at Automated services last month in Connecticut. I think he still has both and the uvkit.

#7717 3 years ago

Hope you guys won't mind me butting in on your Stranger Things party. I played one at a distributor a few weeks ago and fell in love. Problem is that I'm only allowed to have three games at a time, happy wife, happy life. Just thought I'd throw this out there if there's anyone on the West Coast who has a premium and maybe has gotten bored with it or is just interested in mixing things up. I can't let go of my Sopranos, and Led Zeppelin is brand new (and the wife went halfsies with me on it), so here's my offer. I have a players condition Funhouse, all works 100%, LED lights, NVRAM upgrade, new CPU board, extra set of cabinet decals. I'd be willing to throw in up to $3,000 cash, plus my Funhouse if someone has a Stranger Things premium with UV kit to trade.

#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mystery lane spots mode shots and starts modes until you’ve played 2 modes.

Thanks for the response Chuck. I don’t understand the above statement.

If I don’t have any modes done yet and I have 2 shots on the left ramp, a shot through the mystery lane will act as a shot through the left ramp. Making it 3 balls through and activating the mode.

But that only works on the first 2 modes. After the first 2 modes are completed, mystery lane no longer activates a mode shot?

#7719 3 years ago

Ok.. blades and update complete. Havent played the new code but will with the family tonight. Some random pics of it back together. And yes.. pretty easy install, but I did opt to take the playfield out.

20210203_193016 (resized).jpg20210203_193016 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg
#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for the response Chuck. I don’t understand the above statement.
If I don’t have any modes done yet and I have 2 shots on the left ramp, a shot through the mystery lane will act as a shot through the left ramp. Making it 3 balls through and activating the mode.
But that only works on the first 2 modes. After the first 2 modes are completed, mystery lane no longer activates a mode shot?

Yep. You got it. That lane will advance one of the 4 main mode shots (whichever one is furthest along). Once you’ve played 2 modes, it doesn’t help you anymore.

#7721 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. You got it. That lane will advance one of the 4 main mode shots (whichever one is furthest along). Once you’ve played 2 modes, it doesn’t help you anymore.

Beautiful! Thanks for your help. It’s nice to understand it a little more. There’s still soooo much to know but that’s a good start.

#7722 3 years ago

Probably almost time for an in-depth tutorial video from me. I’ll probably do one at some point this winter or spring.

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably almost time for an in-depth tutorial video from me. I’ll probably do one at some point this winter or spring.

I noticed a post you made about 11 months ago talking about a video you were going to do but that was on the first code so I figured it’s out dated. I also found a thread on another forum that you had a lot of input on the rules sheet.

There’s a few things I’m not sure of but that rule sheet is an outstanding resource. We should have one here me make it a key post.

A new video would be welcomed from my end. I look forward to it.

#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yessss....

#7725 3 years ago

Made it to total isolation for the first time tonight... Super excited. I just took up pinball this year and I've had the machine since summer. I missed finishing it by one shot and it was still awesome... I really like this pin.

#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes, please do. I've watched your other streams many times... I've learned a lot from them.

#7727 3 years ago

Yeah no problem. Want to see if there are any more code updates over the next couple months before I do it. That way I won’t have to go back and update it later for changes to the rules.

#7728 3 years ago

It's not in depth by any means but deadflip did a quick beginners guide a few weeks ago. Until a more in depth one comes out it outlines the basics well

#7729 3 years ago

This is very brief but pretty much my understanding of the game.

2:23 completing your inlanes lights mystery. So that’s the 4 lanes?

Interesting to see the comparison to MM and AFM. I see MM as number 1 on the 100 list but the theme does nothing for me. I don’t think i would want a similar game experience (unless I had a decent collection) but I would be interested to know what the experience pinballers think about how ST compares to those other two. ST doesn’t get much love on the top 100. The ranking doesn’t matter to me because ST is my first love but still interesting.

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Yeah. But only every other time. The other times it’s bonus x.

MM and AFM are all time greats for a reason. They are the total package of sounds, shots, theme, callouts, moments etc. Their rules are shallow but doesn’t really matter. I’ve played enough MM for ten lifetimes, but I do still enjoy to play AFM. Stranger things really is a AFM on steroids.

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

This is very brief but pretty much my understanding of the game.
Interesting to see the comparison to MM and AFM. I see MM as number 1 on the 100 list but the theme does nothing for me. I don’t think i would want a similar game experience (unless I had a decent collection) but I would be interested to know what the experience pinballers think about how ST compares to those other two. ST doesn’t get much love on the top 100. The ranking doesn’t matter to me because ST is my first love but still interesting.

The 4 lanes at the bottom. It's similar to AFM if you have ever played that to light mystery. There are 4 dice over the bottom 4 lanes. Light all 4 to light mystery or bonus X alternating. The flipper buttons control which lanes are lit. Basically never let the ball come down a ramp to a lit lane.

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The flipper buttons control which lanes are lit. Basically never let the ball come down a ramp to a lit lane.

This sounds crazy. So much to know.

So if the right inner lane that goes to the flipper is lit but the outer “drain” (unless I can figure out how to do the illegal death save) lane is not, I can hit the flipper button to choose what’s lit? Hit the flipper button... Remove the lit inner lane and light the dice?

There is no question... pinball is good for the brain!

Seriously though... is death save possible. Tried 100 times. Lol

#7733 3 years ago

Death saves are not required, use the flipper buttons to move the lit insert until all are lit then shoot the mystery shot.

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Death saves are not required, use the flipper buttons to move the lit insert until all are lit then shoot the mystery shot.

When the ball goes down the Right outside drain lane and I have a great game going... I want the death save. Lol

#7735 3 years ago

Just had an awesome game, total isolation is so cool. A super Jackpot call out would be a nice addition.

42D91AB5-5160-4806-9707-CE0F801C336D (resized).jpeg42D91AB5-5160-4806-9707-CE0F801C336D (resized).jpeg
#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

When the ball goes down the Right outside drain lane and I have a great game going... I want the death save. Lol

Nice, I’m sure it’s possible. I usually keep the flipper up on out lane drains and sometimes get a lucky bounce out and keep on playing.

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

No you don’t. Play better.

Or just put the game on 5 ball. Nobody’s gonna think your scores are legit if you’re doing death saves all the time.

#7738 3 years ago

Unfortunately Jack Danger is "normalizing" death saves. Newer players watch him and think it's just another skill. Bad habit to get into. If you ever play in a tournament that's an instant DQ. Of course, it's your machine...do what you what makes you happy with it. But it is 100% cheating. Might as well stuff socks in your outlanes.

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Unfortunately Jack Danger is "normalizing" death saves. Newer players watch him and think it's just another skill. Bad habit to get into. If you ever play in a tournament that's an instant DQ. Of course, it's your machine...do what you what makes you happy with it. But it is 100% cheating. Might as well stuff socks in your outlanes.

Not trying to debate here...honest question:

Who says / why is a death save cheating? I know "everybody" says, but where is it "officially" said? If a ball drains down the center and rebounds back into play, that's OK, what's the difference? Happens to me all the time depending on the game. I've never even seriously attempted a death save, but I just don't understand the distinction.

What seems logical to me is as long as you don't pick the machine up off the floor in any way, whatever you do without tilting is fair until a ball is in the drain. I'm sure I'm missing something, but how is a death save different than aggressive nudging by the outlanes or a center drain ball popping back up through the flippers?

#7740 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Who says / why is a death save cheating? I know "everybody" says, but where is it "officially" said?

Everyone says it’s cheating because it’s not allowed when official rules are placed on pinball play (tournaments)

But that’s besides the point. Doing death saves is just like setting the game to 5 ball or stacking custom settings in the game away from stock in your favor.

Picking up the game is the tipping point for you, but death saves are the tipping point for others.

Quoted from Cheeks:

but how is a death save different than aggressive nudging by the outlanes or a center drain ball popping back up through the flippers?

Wicked shimmys have not drained yet. Balls bouncing back into play are called Lazarus balls and have always been accepted since they are not player controlled, and part of the, “pinball is wild” aspect of the game.

Again the origin is they are legal in tournaments so they are looked down on around pinball especially if you’re going to try and compare your scores to others.

#7741 3 years ago

Death saves cross the line IMO---if you are going to do that you may as well just play with the glass off and grab the ball. Save the wear and tear on your machine. But that's the beauty of it--"my game, my rules." If that's how you like to play do it--no problem. If a ball just happens to kick up that's called luck--you had nothing to do with it. Pinball is 50% luck anyway. When I grew up playing all machines were 5 balls per play. Guess what--that's how I still play--it's in my DNA. BUT-- I set the games to "hard" in almost every way. Balances everything out and I think that's the most fun and challenging way to play pinball. Try it sometime.

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you don’t. Play better.
Or just put the game on 5 ball. Nobody’s gonna think your scores are legit if you’re doing death saves all the time.

Play better? I agree!! Going back to 5 ball is a great idea! It will help me learn more of the rules.

#7743 3 years ago

Rulesheet. Let’s make this a Key post.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

Code rev 1.02 (not all of the scoring details are precise, but this is up to date in every area for 1.02)

Stranger Things is the first Stern Pinball machine designed by Brian Eddy, after a long hiatus from pinball design, dating back in his Bally/Williams days. The pin is based on the first two seasons of the popular Netflix sci-fi series. It’s the first pinball machine from Stern Pinball to feature a projector illuminating playfield features with gameplay-dependent images.

Playfield Features and Shots:

Left outlane - Has a light towards qualifying Mystery and +1 BonusX (alternating). Collects Spell of Regeneration when lit (ball save, qualified through Burn it Back).
Left inlane - Has a light towards qualifying Mystery and +1 BonusX (alternating). Fed by the left ramp.
“D” standup - first of seven DEMODOG targets. Spell DEMODOG to qualify Demodog modes.
Left saucer - This saucer is located to the far left of the game and ejects the ball directly towards the Upside Down, often giving you credit for at least one of the drop targets. Has an RGB arrow. Starts 2x Scoring when flashing (through enough Burn it Back shots). Will spot a letter in “Demodog” if you haven’t played your first Demodog mode yet. Sometimes this shot can kick the ball directly into Burn it Back!
“E” standup - second of seven DEMODOG targets.
Left orbit - This shot feeds around the back of the playfield and onto a ramp that feeds the right inlane, similar to Theatre of Magic. Weaker shots will fall into the pop bumpers. Has an RGB arrow. Collects Bikes.
Lite Lock standups - Complete both standup targets on either side of left ramp to light the left ramp for a ball lock (for Telekinesis Multiball). Note: these are not DEMODOG standups.
Left ramp - Feeds the left inlane. A post can hold balls here at certain times during play. On the Premium / LE, this is where the ball is magnetically levitated for a Telekinesis Multiball lock. Has an RGB arrow. Collects Communicators.
Inner Left “mystery” Lane - Deadend target lane between the L ramp and the Upside Down drops bank. Ends in a standup target, which feeds under the L ramp to an up-post, and eventually down the L orbit. When lit, collects Mystery, Demodog Attack, and Extra Ball. Has an RGB arrow.
Upside Down drop targets - Bank of four drops. When dropped, allows access to the Center Standups and Center Lane.
“MO” standups - two angled targets flanking the Center Lane. 3rd and 4th of seven DEMODOG targets.
Center Lane - Begins Demogorgon modes. Has a large RGB arrow.
Center Ramp - Wide rectangular ramp that lowers during Demogorgon modes to reveal the Demogorgon.
Demogorgon bash toy - interactive toy only accessible/visible when the Center Ramp is down. Has a very narrow “mouth” which the ball can be shot into.
Inner right orbit - quickly feeds the ball back down the left orbit. Collects Burn It Back awards. Has an RGB arrow.
“D” standup - 5th of seven DEMODOG targets.
Right Ramp - feeds the right inlane. Has an RGB arrow. Collects Binoculars.
“O” standup - 6th of seven DEMODOG targets.
Outer Right Pops lane - in the typical position of an orbit shot, but feeds the pops before returning back down the same lane. Has an RGB arrow. Collects Slingshots.
“G” standup - 7th of seven DEMODOG targets, angled away from flippers, so it’s difficult to hit directly from the left flipper.
Right outlane - has a light toward qualifying Mystery and +1 BonusX (alternating).
Right inlane - has a light toward qualifying Mystery and +1 BonusX (alternating). Fed from Left Orbit and Right Ramp.
Skill Shots

Plunge for flashing drop target. Awards points (5M + 1M per shot).

Super skill shot at the left saucer. You can plunge it or short plunge and shoot it. Awards points (10M + 2.5M per shot).

MXV Skillshot - Complete the skill shot and super skill shot in one plunge. Starts at 25M and increases by 5M each subsequent collection.

Modes

Left side modes are Season 1. Right side modes are Season 2.
Initial modes lit on each side is random (default), and each season’s lit mode changes with its side’s pop bumper.

Start a timed mode by completing one of that side’s ramp or outer shot set of three inserts. The left orbit and left ramp will start season 1 modes, the right ramp and right orbit will start season 2 modes.

NOTEUntil you have started 2 modes, the mystery lane shot will spot you progress towards starting modes and will start the modes.

Completing a mode isn’t required to make progress, but both immediate scoring and bonus scoring increase considerably by doing so.

Lockbar Button Features

Demo bomb. You get one each game at the start of the game. This can only be used during demogorgon modes, and only once per game. There is no way to earn more. The center button will flash red during demo modes when ready to use. It will immediately kill one demogorgon when used for a reduced value compared to shooting the mouth normally. For example, you get 5M instead of 15M in demo mode one. During Trap em, your max jackpot you can lock in is 2.5M instead of the max of 5M. HOWEVER, this feature does not reduce SJP values in demo modes. So try to save the button press for a huge SJP collect.

Swipe a Ball (Prem/LE only). When locking balls for TK multiball, if you start another multiball mode, the lockbar button will flash blue. this acts as an additional add a ball feature to allow you to resurrect the multiball by releasing those locked balls into play, and ball save starts over. HOWEVER, you will have to regain those TK locks from scratch after using this feature. There is no limit to how many times you can use the Swipe a Ball feature in one game.

Collecting Drawings

If you do well in modes, multiballs, and mini-wizards, you will collect drawings. Sometimes multiple drawings.
-Each drawing adds 10M jackpot bonus to that season’s wizard mode (collected at the start of the mode. think Star Trek and medals), 10M to the Final Showdown Jackpot (same. collected at the start of the mode)
-Each drawing adds 2M to your end of ball bonus and carries ball to ball. So collect them early and often!
-Listing of Drawings known as of now:
Completing the highest pop bumper threshold
Collecting a super jackpot in TK multiball. You can get up to 3 at once if you collect a 3x SJP on the premium/LE. Max is 2x on Pro.
Completing each demo dog mode awards one drawing
Mystery award
Get 2 drawings for completing “turn up the heat” by only hitting flashing shots. Avoid solidly lit shots. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings for “Quarter Hunt” if you advance all the levels and finish the mode. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings for “Morse Code” if you complete the mode via the right orbit only. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
MXV skilshot awards 1 drawing
Get 2 drawings for “follow the compass” if you complete it by not ever using the spinner to move the shots. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings for “Save Will” if you complete the entire mode via one combo. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings for completing “Lure Dart” by making the 4 shots in order (burn it back loop, right orbit, left orbit, left lane). Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings for completing “Bullies” by making the 5 required shots in order (Right ramp, left ramp, right orbit, left orbit, left lane. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings for completing “Get Me Out” by only shooting the drops or center standups. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings completing “What Mama Says” by only shooting flashing shots. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings by completing “Operation Mirkwood” by making a 5-way combo in route to completing the mode. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Get 2 drawings by completing “Where’s Barb” by finding her on the first shot. Get 1 for for simply completing the mode.
Season 1:

Follow The Compass: Shoot the lit shot to advance in the mode. spinner moves the lit shot. final shot is at the mystery lane. Minimal points possible in this mode.
Approx. points value: 10-15M if completed. (The scoring has been enhanced for 1.02, but not sure on the specifics)
Where’s Barb?: All major shots are lit in red (Barb is one of them), with the saucer flashing. Shooting any solidly lit shots will score 1-1.5 million and increase with each shot you make in which you do not find Barb. Finding Barb on the first shot will award 40 million. Shoot the saucer shot to reveal where Barb is (one of the lit shots will flash). Shoot flashing shot to find Barb and finish the mode. This path is worth much less than finding her on the first shot or without using the saucer to find her.
Approx. points value: 5-40M
Monster Hunting: Shoot the strobing center drop targets to kill monsters and collect items. Five shots are needed to finish the mode (how much is each shot?) and it’s super dangerous, so I’d advise bringing in a Multiball. No way to increase the scoring of this mode outside of 2x playfield.
Approx. points value: 20-25M (The scoring has been enhanced for 1.02, but not sure on the specifics)
Get Me Out: The three center shots (left standup, drop targets, Burn it Back) are lit. Shoot any of them to score a base value of 1m + 500k for every two shots made. After completing eight shots, shoot up the center to finish the mode for 5m.
Approx. points value: 20M
Bullies: Left orbit, left ramp, right ramp, right orbit are lit. Minimal value.
Approx. points value: 10M (The scoring has been enhanced for 1.02, but not sure on the specifics)
Operation Mirkwood: Shoot the left and right ramps to collect items. Each shot scores a million per shot. Hitting ramps as combos will add an additional million to the value. Miss, and it resets back to a million. Collect 10 items to finish the mode, and the 10th item always scores 10M. Good value here if you can repeatedly combo the ramps. Timer on this mode is 70 seconds, so plan accordingly.
Approx. points value: 20-55M
Season 2:

Turn Up the Heat: Shoot the flashing orange shots to raise the temperature and burn the kid. Shots to the targets will collect the current temperature value without increasing it, while major/flashing shots will increase the value and make progress. Complete mode at the mystery lane. It will be ready once the temperature reaches a certain point.
Approx. points value: 20-30M
Lure Dart: Starts with left orbit, Burn it Back, right orbit lit. Shoot each shot once for 300k + 300k per shot, then shoot the inner left standup target to finish the mode for 1.5m. Scoring is now boosted based on the pop bumper level you have going into the mode.
Approx. points value: 15-20M
Quarter Hunt: All switches are worth 50k for the duration of the mode. Shoot the left and right ramp to increase the switch value by 25k (must hit both ramps before they relight). Level up after a number of switch hits. Each level up is worth points (1 million, 2.5 million, 5 million, and 10 million). Once you have leveled up all the way, concentrate on ripping the spinner and looping ramps. This mode is the most lucrative in the game.
Approx. points value: 20-100M+
Morse Code: Complete the message by hitting lit shots. The message completes faster via the left orbit and pop bumper hits. Ramp award one word only. “Friends Don’t Lie, Never Ever, No Matter What!”
Approx. points value: 15-20M (The scoring has been enhanced for 1.02, but not sure on the specifics)
What Mama Says: Six major shots light (not left saucer and left orbit) and the farthest to the left will flash. The flashing shot is worth the most and moves from left to right as you complete them. Once 5 shots have been made, the mode is completed.
Approx. points value: 15-20M (The scoring has been enhanced for 1.02, but not sure on the specifics)
Save Will: Right ramp lights; mode shot moves to left orbit, left ramp, right inner orbit, then left ramp and inner left shot and center shot all light for the final shot. Each shot starts as a hurry up that starts at 2M. Big points here if you can combo all the shots in the mode. You will get the 2M hurry up plus 250k for each subsequent shot and they are doubled since they are in a combo. 2M, 4.5M, 5M, 5.5M, then 6M for the final shot. A 50M bonus is awarded if the whole mode is completed as a combo.
Approx. points value: 5-75M
Demogorgon

Complete the drops to spell words, and shoot up the middle to start Demogorgon modes. Some are single ball and some are multiballs.

1st mode: RUN!
2nd mode: WILL RUN!
3rd mode: WILL LOOK OUT!
4th and subsequent modes: WILL LOOK OUT! RUN!
Pro tip: If you can sneak the ball behind the drops before all of them are down and register the center shot, all remaining drops will be spotted and award the current word.

Bust Out: Single-ball mode. A single shot up the middle into the Demogorgon will end it for 15M if done immediately, or 10M if you hit the sides at least once. Alternatively, five hits to the side (100k each) will kill it for 5M. Just get this out of the way ASAP, there are more valuable modes than this.

Trap ‘Em!: 2-ball Multiball. The center Demogorgon target is lit to score a hurry-up starting at 5 million and lowering to 500k. A successful shot into the center will collect the hurry-up. Defeat it again to light all the major shots for Jackpots worth the hurry-up value. Collecting all Jackpots will begin another hurry up worth the total of all the jackpots combined. Collecting this will score the SJP and lock in that value. You can make the SJP one more time at that value. Then you will restart the Jackpot sequence with more valuable jackpots that will lead to a larger SJP hurry up at the demogorgon.

What’s That?: Very Valuable single ball mode. You have to kill 3 demogorgons. Each are worth 30m if shot to the mouth first try, 20 million after any bashes, and 10 million if bashed to death. Combine this mode with double scoring and get 180 million in three shots!

Run Will!: Multiball mode similar to trap em. Phase one, shot the demo during the hurry up to lock in the jackpot value. Phase two, all the drops are lit for jackpots. Collect those to light the Demo for a SJP hurry up. Trick is, the ramp will lower and raise every second or two. Complete the SJP to start the jackpot phase again to work towards another SJP hurry up.

Cant Stop This: (Think Cherry Bomb from Gaurdians) - unlimited ball save for 60 seconds. Shoot red jackpots lit across the playfield. Once a certain number are made the ramp lowers for a SJP. increase the SJP value by making more jackpot shots. SJP maxes out at 100 million (look at screen for timer and current SJP value). Combine with double scoring for a chance at a 200 million SJP! Rinse and repeat after that to try and collect as many SJPs before the timer runs out.

Demodog

Spell DEMODOG and then shoot the mystery lane These modes seem to require that you complete then before you can move on to the next one.

Until you have played one demodog mode, the saucer will spot you demodog letters.

Break Out: Single-ball mode. 30 sec timer. All DEMODOG targets are lit to kill a Demodog and score 1M. Value increases when you complete all pulsing DEMODOG targets. 2M for the second wave, and 4M for the third wave. Combine this with 2x playfield and Multiball for big scoring. Can not start a Season mode AFTER starting this mode, but you can stack this with a Season mode if the Season mode was started first. You can advance locks and Demogorgon while this is running too.
Junk Yard: Single-ball mode. Shoot both orbits (or either orbit twice) worth 1M. Shoot both ramps (or either ramp twice) worth 2M. Shoot inner lanes (or either lane twice) (first one is 3m. The other is 18m.) to complete the mode
It’s a Trap: All shots lit. Good value on all shots. Unsure on how the scoring works. Try to combine with MB. I believe you just have a certain amount of time to hit the shots as much as you can.
Telekinesis Multiball

Lite locks via the green standup targets on each side of the left ramp. For the first TK multiball, completing both targets once lights all three locks. For the second and third, completing both targets lights one lock. For the fourth and thereafter, two sets of targets light each lock. Shoot the left ramp to lock balls. 3rd lock starts the multiball.

During MB, shoot 5 lit jackpots to light Super JP at the left saucer for 6M. The left ramp will also be lit to lock a ball for 20 seconds to double your Super JP value (PRO). (PREM/LE) two balls can be locked on the magnet for 2x/3x scoring. Max value of the SJP on the PRO is 4x (ramp double scoring times 2x playfield). Max value of the SJP on the PREM/LE is 6x (ramp 3x scoring times 2x playfield) Regular jackpot values start at 1.1 million and go up 100k per round. All values can be doubled again through 2x playfield scoring.

The Upside Down

At random times (based on switch hits), game might go into an alternative mode that awards repetitive hurry-up shots at the drops or the Ramps/Orbits. Although your progress towards modes isn’t visible during this mode, chapter modes and Telekinesis MB can be started during Upside Down 1 (drops), but not during the Upside Down 2 (Ramps/Orbits). Upside Down can also start during a chapter mode.

During Upside Down 1, each drop target (or lit shot on later Upside Downs) scores a hurry-up value. A hurry-up value is displayed on the LCD, starting at 7.5m, and doesn’t reset with each successful drop/shot. Max value if all drops are hit quickly is 30 million.

During Upside Down 2, the ramps and orbits are lit for a hurry up of 10 million. shoot one shot for 1x value. Each made shot after that ups the X by 1. so second shot is worth 2x, then 3x, then 4x for the final shot. Carefully combo all these shots for big scoring especially with 2x playfield (due to the hurry up counting down while you are comboing the shots, max value is around 80-90 million before PF X)

Upside Down is activated deterministically on tournament settings (should be the same number of switch hits for everyone)

Combos:

Making shots in quick succession (it can be the same shot over and over if you want) will score combos, starting at 250k for a 2-Way Combo and increasing by 50k for each additional shot. Making a 5-Way Combo is required to access the Final Showdown wizard mode.

Making a lit shot as part of a combo will also double the value of the shot in some modes (Total Isolation 1 and 2

Super Pops:

Shooting the pop bumpers will grow Dart and score a base value starting at 10k per pop. After enough bumpers are hit (how many?), Super Pops will start and the bumpers will increase by 3k for the rest of the ball.

Super Pops can also be awarded off of Mystery.

2x Scoring:

Shoot the Burn It Back loop 10 times to lite 2x Scoring at the far left saucer. Shoot saucer to begin timed 2x playfield scoring, denoted by insert above flippers. (as of .98, there are times that the timer appears to have been increased for 2x scoring, but there is nothing clear as to what causes this)

Mystery:

When lit, shoot the inner left stand up. Light mystery by completing the bottom lanes. Odd-numbered bottom lane completions will light Mystery, while even-numbered bottom lane completions will increase the bonus multiplier by +1x.

The Mystery animation shows a 20-sided dice roll. The award you get is determined by the number it lands on.

Light Lock (for Telekinesis Multiball)
Light Extra Ball
5-Way Combo
Add-A-Ball (only given during Multiball, as per tradition)
Advance Spinner
Start Chapter Mode
Burn it Back lit
Stranger Points (one instance noted at 11M and change)
Hold Bonus (Supposed to hold Bonus X, awarded on final ball should award your bonus with multipliers twice. )
Bonus Multiplier (+1x)
Eleven (Not coded in .98)
Upside Down
Multiball (Telekinesis)
Add Time (always awarded if in a chapter mode or 2x scoring)
Advance Dart (Pops)
Demogorgan Ready
Start Bulls@!t mode
Demodog Attack lit
Collect Drawing
Spell of Protection (lit left outlane)
Spell of Protection:

Left outlane ball save. Lit after 3 Burn it Back shots (alternating with 2x Scoring) or off of a mystery award.

Lighting Spell of Protection while it’s already lit will increase its value by 250k when collected.

Extra Ball:

Collect at lit inner left stand up shot. Extra Ball can be lit through:

Playing (not necessarily completing) 3 modes and 6 modes.
AUTO adjusting Burn it Back shots (on default settings this number will increase or decrease depending on the frequency of collection). Second EB at 50 burn it back loops.
Mystery award (either lighting the EB or an instant award)
Stacking

All chapter modes can be started first, and Telekinesis MB can then be stacked onto the mode. If the left ramp is lit for both your third TK lock and a mode, you will start both.
Demogorgon & Demodog modes can also be stacked with chapter modes (it doesn’t matter which one you start first.)
Telekinesis MB can be stacked onto single-ball Demogorgon modes and Demodog modes, but not Demogorgon multiball modes.
Fun With Bonus

Bonus is determined by totaling:

10 million if a 5-way combo is achieved and saves ball to ball (think early SS super bonus)
Demogorgon Mode starts x 2M. This carries over ball to ball
Demodog mode starts x 5M. This carries over ball to ball
TK MB starts x 3M. This carries over ball to ball
10% of all mode scoring during that ball. This resets ball to ball
Drawings collected x 2M. This carries over ball to ball
Bonus Hold can be awarded off of Mystery, which will hold your base bonus when the ball drains. If Bonus Hold is awarded on the last ball, the bonus will be awarded twice with multipliers.

Bonus multipliers are maxed at 5x.

Mini-Wizard Modes

Total Isolation 1:
Mini-wizard mode qualified similarly to AFM’s Total Annihilation: complete the inserts on the ramps and orbits (and play the modes you start from each). Left ramp will then be lit to begin Total Isolation.

The scoring works similarly to Total Annihilation, where all the major shots are lit to score Jackpots (albeit they can’t be shot over and over) and the center will score a Super Jackpot worth the total of all the previously collected Jackpots after enough Jackpots have been collected. Jackpots start at 1m increasing by 100k per shot; if shots are hit as a combo, they are doubled (Except for the SJP). 3 Jackpots are required to qualify the first Super Jackpot, increasing by 1 Jackpot each time. Once all shots are required to collect the SJP, it reverts back to 6 shots for a SJP, and only 5-6 shots will be lit instead of all of them.

Add a ball is available via the mystery award, after your 3rd SJP collect, or via Swipe a Ball (prem/le only)

Total Isolation 2
Mini-wizard mode for completing the ramp and orbits twice in a game. Every major shot flashes for points. Hit a shot and it turns solid. Then shoot again for a double jackpot and turn the light out. Do this for all lit shots to light the SJP for the combined value of all shots made. Comboing shots during this phase are doubled. They add to the value as well. The SJP cannot be doubled via a combo. Only PF X is the only thing that will double the SJP value.

Send it Back:
Play all Season 1 modes to qualify. Shoot the left ramp to start it.
Shoot a major shot, then shoot up the middle (DEMODOG targets or the center shot under the Demo). Repeat for all other major shots. Then center ramp will lower to bash the Demogorgan (or mouth shot for an instant kill) for a big super. Flippers die, success in the mode is displayed, then the player keeps playing.

Light the Fire:
Play all Season 2 modes to qualify. Shoot the left ramp to start it.
Shoot up the middle over and over. Each shot lights one of the DEMODOG targets. Once all targets are lit, the center becomes unlit. Then you need to complete all standups. The final shot is at the mystery lane, or the saucer. The saucer is worth double.

Final Showdown Wizard Mode (no spoilers. the mode is self-explanatory and fun)

Complete all six of the inserts surrounding the Final Showdown insert, and play each of Season’s mini-wizard mode.

5-Way Combo
Send It Back
Demodog (must play all Demodog modes)
Demogorgon (must play all Demogorgon modes)
Light the Fire
Telekinesis Multiball
There is a surprise at the end of the game if you complete Final Showdown.

#7744 3 years ago

Has to look up "death save". That is without question a cheat move. It makes me question now if high scores posted are legit. Now I've had some lucky bounces on which it has somehow outlaned and back into play.. now I know how. The center drain bounce back has always been accepted. Death save is a pretty calculated and aggressive move.

#7745 3 years ago

Haha. I give Jack shit about it on stream all the time. Newbies definitely think it’s a thing because of him. I had a kid ask if it was cool if he death saved on my Rick and Morty at the launch party. The whole room looked at him like he was crazy. To be fair, he’s new to pinball and R&M does have a call out when you death saves so that was his motivation.

#7746 3 years ago

Will putting the new plastic cover on did shit for me. I took all the wedges and everything out and started from scratch.

I did make a new adjustment and that was how my diverter arm rests against the ramp wall. Mine sat very hard against the wall (if I let go of the plunger, it would slam the wall on the ramp) So, I adjusted the threaded bumper so the diverter arm barely touches the wall.

I was 9 for 9 from in the cradle. I will see how it holds up.

8E38D76A-C7FE-42E1-BB6E-555FF3CF2B46 (resized).jpeg8E38D76A-C7FE-42E1-BB6E-555FF3CF2B46 (resized).jpeg910E00DB-C6F1-44E0-8552-D2FF9F2BB9EF (resized).jpeg910E00DB-C6F1-44E0-8552-D2FF9F2BB9EF (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7747 3 years ago

When you say the new ramp cover did shit for you, did you just install it or did you play with how it sits? You can adjust it pretty far left or right. The further left you go with it, I would think it would impede the balls movement up the diverter less.

#7748 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Haha. I give Jack shit about it on stream all the time. Newbies definitely think it’s a thing because of him. I had a kid ask if it was cool if he death saved on my Rick and Morty at the launch party. The whole room looked at him like he was crazy. To be fair, he’s new to pinball and R&M does have a call out when you death saves so that was his motivation.

My old Rocky and Bullwinkle actually gives you a bonus for it.

#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you say the new ramp cover did shit for you, did you just install it or did you play with how it sits? You can adjust it pretty far left or right. The further left you go with it, I would think it would impede the balls movement up the diverter less.

I’m not sure if the ramp or cover was the issue for me. I’m thinking I had multiple issues so saying it did shit may be wrong. When I put the new cover on, it didn’t fix the issue. When I made the other adjustments, it all worked.

#7750 3 years ago

I just had the greatest most frustrating game yet. Now that I’m understanding the rules I know what to shoot at. I completed all 4 modes, beat 2 of them, I had the TK ramp arrow flashing up just waiting for me to stay total isolation. I had all the drop targets down waiting for my final demogorgan battle. The spell of protection was lit, and I Hit the lock it post and went straight into the right outlane.

My first thought was death save but I said to myself. Nope, Can’t try it GRand champion will have an asterisk.

Sooo fun, so close to 1 Billion!!!!

5 balls btw but I’m okay with that. Machine never gave me tickets either

A4E5AA38-5843-4227-860F-FD8C3B95D4AD (resized).jpegA4E5AA38-5843-4227-860F-FD8C3B95D4AD (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/155?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.