IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 449.
#7651 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As someone who is considering the purchase of a premium, these kinds of comments are concerning to say the least.
I've been interested in this title from the day that it was first announced. Decided to let it mature a bit before coming back to it for possible purchase. The amount of dialing in required on this pin seems to take the cake (and I have a R&M).
Are people really spending 40 hours to get this thing dialed in?

Rob...it's an amazing game, period. And you've got the pinball know-how to tweak it if your machine needs it. Don't let the issues in this game stop you from buying it. It's frustrating, but not that big of a deal, and certainly not something that should stop you from buying the game.

#7652 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Across 6 months probably close to that. But we’ve all done that to help the newbies get there faster than us. Plus this new ramp cover seems to make the process much easier.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Rob...it's an amazing game, period. And you've got the pinball know-how to tweak it if your machine needs it. Don't let the issues in this game stop you from buying it. It's frustrating, but not that big of a deal, and certainly not something that should stop you from buying the game.

Thanks Chuck and Boob.

Probably going to sell a pin to make room for a premium.

#7653 3 years ago

It’s definitely an underrated title. Good for casuals and challenging enough for diehards. The journey the game puts you on is a good one without feeling wood choppy ever.

#7654 3 years ago

Happened yesterday, contacted my distributor already to reach out to Stern. Let's see what happens.

Anyone else with similar issues?
Should I worry that the chipping continues on that spot?

PXL_20210129_201014513 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_201014513 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_201028099 (resized).jpgPXL_20210129_201028099 (resized).jpg

#7655 3 years ago

The more I read about this game and what is involved with dialing it in, the more interested I have become. I love a challenge and probably enjoy working on these pins more than playing them. I'm going to pick up a premium this week.... I've not looked through this topic in great detail yet but is there a nice handy dandy list of the tweaks/areas to work on that I can refer to?

#7656 3 years ago

There are helpful key posts on the first page of this thread.
And, yes, I’ve definitely put lots of hours under the glass trying to dial it in, but I love the game. And now that the TK lock is working well, makes it even better. I can’t see it ever leaving.

#7657 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

There are helpful key posts on the first page of this thread.
And, yes, I’ve definitely put lots of hours under the glass trying to dial it in, but I love the game. And now that the TK lock is working well, makes it even better. I can’t see it ever leaving.

Its the first time I ever realized the "key posts" here. Learn something new every day. Thanks.

#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As someone who is considering the purchase of a premium, these kinds of comments are concerning to say the least.
I've been interested in this title from the day that it was first announced. Decided to let it mature a bit before coming back to it for possible purchase. The amount of dialing in required on this pin seems to take the cake (and I have a R&M).

FWIW I received my NIB Premium 5 days ago, and everything seems to be working perfectly out of the box - for now, at least. Either way, it is good to know that if issues do appear this thread has you covered - thanks to all that have contributed so much detailed information.

Also, I am absolutely loving the game so far - can't wait to receive the UV Kit (should be another week or so)!

#7659 3 years ago

How do you order the ramp cover?
Is Stern giving them away to Premium/LE owners for free?

#7660 3 years ago

I contacted Stern and told them the issue and they sent one out right away.

#7661 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks Chuck and Boob.
Probably going to sell a pin to make room for a premium.

Let me also add that while I did spend more time than anticipated dialing it in (first pin I've owned), it was totally worth it. The game is great! Also, with forums like this with so much help and support, you will get it tweaked. Keep in mind that many of the hours spend by Chuck and others went toward the making of the new adjustable cover (safe assumption that Stern was paying attention). Because of that, if you follow the new instructions, you probably have it dialed in much sooner than that. I got mine dialed in yesterday evening - didn't time it but probably 2-3 hours total, being super careful with screws, etc. Following the steps, I still had to lower the diverter and put a small shim behind the ramp to push it out a bit, but I had the advantage to already knowing that. Starting from scratch, if you follow the new instructions that come with the adjustable cover, then tweak as needed with the additional info that Chuck and others provided on this thread, you'll be good to go. It just took a while for lessons learned, and Stern to come out with the new part based on that feedback.

#7662 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

FWIW I received my NIB Premium 5 days ago, and everything seems to be working perfectly out of the box - for now, at least. Either way, it is good to know that if issues do appear this thread has you covered - thanks to all that have contributed so much detailed information.
Also, I am absolutely loving the game so far - can't wait to receive the UV Kit (should be another week or so)!

Congratulations! I’m not sure if you have the new update but Clelands sound code improves the game immensely. There should be a new version for the latest update to come out sometime in the near future.

As for the UV lights... the first time you get them working it will give you goosebumps.

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Anyone else with similar issues?

I put Mylar there day 1 so mines been good. That sucks!

#7664 3 years ago

That chipping is normal in any game around the holes with a ton of plays without any protection. Thats why they make cliffy protectors. You should of put mylar down on high traffic spots as soon as you got your game.

#7665 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

That chipping is normal in any game around the holes with a ton of plays without any protection. Thats why they make cliffy protectors. You should of put mylar down on high traffic spots as soon as you got your game.

My ST had a playfield protector for almost a year. Removed it 2 months ago and now the chipping. Can't believe that such wear is normal.

Curious what Stern will say, anyhow will order some mylar.

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow our paths to this game are pretty much identical (including being R&M owners and dialing that nasty mofo in). I have a premium being delivered next week and after reading pretty much all 154 pages of this thread I feel ready to tackle pretty much anything that needs attention. Lots of info in here and thanks for that! Pretty stoked. I’ll be sure to report how mine plays out of the box.

#7667 3 years ago

Cointaker decal:

7F5D12EA-27F1-4538-A539-F8C69A39AC66 (resized).jpeg7F5D12EA-27F1-4538-A539-F8C69A39AC66 (resized).jpeg

Tilt Graphics decal:

14524CED-0FDE-4AE9-8F01-300D9E8CD69A (resized).jpeg14524CED-0FDE-4AE9-8F01-300D9E8CD69A (resized).jpeg

The Cointaker decal was pixelated but fit the ramp. I had to cut the corners for the rivets.

The Tilt Graphics decal looks good but obviously is not cut correctly. I’ll reach out and see what they say.

Are there different sizes ramps between models?

#7668 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cointaker decal:
[quoted image]
Tilt Graphics decal:
[quoted image]
The Cointaker decal was pixelated but fit the ramp. I had to cut the corners for the rivets.
The Tilt Graphics decal looks good but obviously is not cut correctly. I’ll reach out and see what they say.

I put the Cointaker on upside down. It’s right side up when it’s up. I kinda figured the upside down was the correct placement.

#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cointaker decal:
[quoted image]
Tilt Graphics decal:
[quoted image]

There are 2 different ramps. The original was shorter and all models got it early on. The replacement for the demogorgon "fix" is quite a bit longer. But all models should come with that one now.

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wow our paths to this game are pretty much identical (including being R&M owners and dialing that nasty mofo in). I have a premium being delivered next week and after reading pretty much all 154 pages of this thread I feel ready to tackle pretty much anything that needs attention. Lots of info in here and thanks for that! Pretty stoked. I’ll be sure to report how mine plays out of the box.

Awesome. We may be going down this path pretty close together, so it will be nice to compare notes along the way

#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think every machine is different. I have an LE and have never adjusted the TK or the Demogorgan... 1000 plays now and I lock the ball all the time and I hit the Demo in throat 75% of the time.

#7672 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

My ST had a playfield protector for almost a year. Removed it 2 months ago and now the chipping. Can't believe that such wear is normal.
Curious what Stern will say, anyhow will order some mylar.

That's the reason all my Stern games have a protector installed. Why would someone remove it...

#7673 3 years ago

Who do I email for the TK lock plastic?

#7674 3 years ago

Stern. I emailed them on Monday and got my plastic yesterday. They made me send pic of serial number .

#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Who do I email for the TK lock plastic?

[email protected]

Copy your distributor on the email.

#7676 3 years ago

So, my nine year old daughter loves to play pinball. But she will only play Wonka and she is the grand champion on it with over 12million(high score for that game). She always comes into my office during her lunch and we play a game together and she beats me terribly. Today, after our Wonka, I convinced her to play a game of STh with me. And she has maybe played twice before. As of this morning, I was the GC with over 400million. Sumi played one game and is the new grand champ with 629,000,000. I’m so glad my daughter loves pinball, even if it does crush my pinball wizard delusions.

#7677 3 years ago

Wow! That’s a great score.

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

So, my nine year old daughter loves to play pinball. But she will only play Wonka and she is the grand champion on it with over 12million(high score for that game). She always comes into my office during her lunch and we play a game together and she beats me terribly. Today, after our Wonka, I convinced her to play a game of STh with me. And she has maybe played twice before. As of this morning, I was the GC with over 400million. Sumi played one game and is the new grand champ with 629,000,000. I’m so glad my daughter loves pinball, even if it does crush my pinball wizard delusions.

Congratulations ! My 8 year old did the same just on shooting to the demogorgan. Very good pin for youngers, no strategy is needed to have fun.

#7679 3 years ago

Can anyone make any recommendations on the mylar and/or playfield protectors. I was not aware of the mylar but saw it recently in this thread, and I saw another thread where the playfield protectors were problematic. I also saw other threads recommending carnuba wax etc. and Pablo recommended waxing after 500 plays.

I'm probably getting close to 500 and definitely want to protect the playfield properly, but not negatively affect game play. What is the consensus on this? Thanks

#7680 3 years ago

I would say no on the playfield protector--not really needed and can affect game play also. Mylar in possible trouble spots--yes absolutely. I wax with carnuba quite often--probably more than most. I like the look (shine) and the game plays faster. Before I waxed--especially the first time-- I would clean the playfield with Novus 2 and then wax it. It looks awesome. Don't be scared off by people thinking its too abrasive. It's very mild and you would have to use it a 1000 times to even come close to seeing anything negative. In other words it will never happen.

#7681 3 years ago

Custom topper I saw on FB. Only making 50. I bet this won’t be cheap. It’s basically a big version of the mezel mods sign.

https://www.facebook.com/100008313660321/videos/2922072768079817/?

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Custom topper I saw on FB. Only making 50. I bet this won’t be cheap. It’s basically a big version of the mezel mods sign.

Price is 719€.

31B3BCBF-0D14-4AB3-9446-99AC03C5209F (resized).jpeg31B3BCBF-0D14-4AB3-9446-99AC03C5209F (resized).jpeg
#7683 3 years ago

Well at least it’s not $1,000? Haha

#7684 3 years ago

Haha yeah. Kind a like the look but that price ist just ridiculous. Not licensed nor interactive.

#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I recently traded a pin and picked up a nib premium. The TK lock works great compared to other comments, unless we just have a poor shot up the ramp. A normal shot sticks over 95% of the time. I did have to lower the demogorgan. One time deal. Pulled it out, removed the large plastic spacers, put 2 small spacers in. And perfect. Installed the UV kit a couple weeks later. Pretty easy (I actually enjoy tinkering) and is outstanding. Had a projector issue, but under warranty sent me a board.. 4 screws later and 10 mins.. all is well. I know people expect things to work 100% out of the box and I agree they should, but this game is outstanding in premium form with UV and really isn't that hard to work on. BUT i haven't had the frustration of the TK lock others have had.. im also notvan early adopter of new pins for that reason. I remember growing up that my dad refused to buy the first year of a new xar model. He wanted the kinks worked out before he bought. Im waiting on AIQ fir the sane reason. Better code, mechs fixed, etc. Now that she's dialed in, unless I am messing with the rubbers, cleaning the playfield or adding a mod, I dont have to do anything to it. Just grab a cold one, power up, and push the button.

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Its expensive but looks cool.. however, the arcade wasn't a big enough deal imo to warrant that topper. The show isn't based at the arcade. I think the mezelmod is perfect to add a little touch to the game. How bout a demogorgan topper like the cftbl or bksor.

#7687 3 years ago

Cointaker decal is sweet. Some complain about the rivets, but just lay the decal over them carefully and work the extra air out. Looks awesome covering the whole ramp. Highly recommend.

#7688 3 years ago

I don't know if you all do this but I almost always play 2 player games choosing different strategies for each game. Tonight I had one of my closest games ever against myself lol. Player one was a purely mode based strategy and the vast majority of the points were due to bonuses from finishing modes. I had a pretty lucrative TK multiball at over 120 mil as well. The player 2 strategy was purely demogorgon modes. I'm pretty sure I didn't even finish one standard mode in that game. I completed the 5 demo modes and started in on the second round. Was preparing to do the third demo mode a second time when I drained the last ball. Dang drops lol. The demo only strategy is definitely riskier since those drops are so dangerous but in the end it won out tonight with just 1 extra ball. The player 1 had 2 extra balls but I was having trouble dialing in the right ramp and left orbit for some reason tonight so the bonus was low. I didn't even make it to the first total isolation on that game.

IMG_20210202_220841886 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20210202_220841886 (1) (resized).jpg
#7689 3 years ago

Sorry if its been stated...anyone having issues with the plastic bar that holds the drops up? Local op here has gone through 6 already!

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Sorry if its been stated...anyone having issues with the plastic bar that holds the drops up? Local op here has gone through 6 already!

Stern cheaped out on this part starting around the release of Game of Thrones. It's paper thin now. If your OP has access to a 3D printer, you can print one out of ABS or Nylon that's thicker or he can cut a piece of nylon and make one out of that (which is what I did on GoT - never broke again).

#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

I would say no on the playfield protector--not really needed and can affect game play also. Mylar in possible trouble spots--yes absolutely. I wax with carnuba quite often--probably more than most. I like the look (shine) and the game plays faster. Before I waxed--especially the first time-- I would clean the playfield with Novus 2 and then wax it. It looks awesome. Don't be scared off by people thinking its too abrasive. It's very mild and you would have to use it a 1000 times to even come close to seeing anything negative. In other words it will never happen.

Thanks. Several people commented earlier that mylar should be done right away. Is there a kit that is generally recommended?

#7692 3 years ago

DIY drink/snack shelf is done in the pinball room aka old dining room. Time to put the art blades in. Ive installed mirror blades but not art blades, so I'm going to pull the playfield out. I'll post updates later...

20210202_201000 (resized).jpg20210202_201000 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg
#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Thanks. Several people commented earlier that mylar should be done right away. Is there a kit that is generally recommended?

Nope. I just buy large rolls and cut to size.

For this game I put it down in the shooter lane and around the left saucer.

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

DIY drink/snack shelf is done in the pinball room aka old dining room. Time to put the art blades in. Ive installed mirror blades but not art blades, so I'm going to pull the playfield out. I'll post updates later...
[quoted image][quoted image]

If those are from Tilt, you really don't need to remove the playfield. I installed a set of the forest ones from them and it really couldn't have been easier.

I had my wife help by holding the playfield upright. I peeled the decal completely off of the backing and then set it in. The tack on these was forgiving if I was off on first contact. I wouldn't even dream of the wet method with these. YMMV if using other brands.

#7695 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Awesome. We may be going down this path pretty close together, so it will be nice to compare notes along the way

Great game Rob! The flipper cooling fans from Vireland solved the Consistency of the Demo shot.

No TK issues. Some ball guide adjustments to feed flippers

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If those are from Tilt, you really don't need to remove the playfield. I installed a set of the forest ones from them and it really couldn't have been easier.
I had my wife help by holding the playfield upright. I peeled the decal completely off of the backing and then set it in. The tack on these was forgiving if I was off on first contact. I wouldn't even dream of the wet method with these. YMMV if using other brands.

These aren't from tilt. Bought them from Europe. I liked the color gradient on these and there's no demogorgan, so it falls into the background. Matches the ramp decal great too.. thanks for the advise, I hope I have the same outcome as you.

#7697 3 years ago

I never bought the uv kit. Are these still available?

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. I just buy large rolls and cut to size.
For this game I put it down in the shooter lane and around the left saucer.

Got it, thanks.

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Yes but they are out of stock with a lengthy backorder. I talked to cointaker earlier this week to check on my order, and Stern is way behind due to about 1/3 staffing on making accessories because of COVID restrictions. Her best estimate was realistically March for my order to be shipped. Last I checked cointaker's site was taking backorders but that was a month ago or so. You might still be able to backorder one but you'd probably have to call and see if you can order it over the phone. The good news is that it sounds like Stern is still making them, but they are just way behind.

#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Good luck finding it. I have been looking everywhere for weeks. I have cash waiting for the kit to be available.

I hope they are going to still make them. I have emailed Stern 2 times asking about them but I got no response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/154?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.