IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 448.
#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...at least meet me half way and I'll trade you a perfect pro! Not sure about that damage though...I hope he put in a claim to have the rail and hinge replaced at least.

Right! Like we all said...It takes patience and there will be trial and error but if you stick with it and follow the key posts and input from others I’ve heard of no one who hasn’t greatly improved it. You still need a pretty solid shot but i went from 1 out of every 20 or so to almost every solid shot locks. Gotta have patience.

#7552 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Right! Like we all said...It takes patience and there will be trial and error but if you stick with it and follow the key posts and input from others I’ve heard of no one who hasn’t greatly improved it. You still need a pretty solid shot but i went from 1 out of every 20 or so to almost every solid shot locks. Gotta have patience.

Agreed. Wish they came out with a fix though. Other than a ramp cover. Unless that is the actual magic cure.

#7553 3 years ago

For anyone’s who’s isn’t perfect please order that cover. Would love to see that make the dialing process easier. I don’t want to get it because mines perfect. Haha.

I will say that moving that cover does drastically change the speed with which it runs up to the magnet. But I took it completely off. I guess sliding it to the left a bunch would do the same thing, but you can dial it in to your liking.

#7554 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Agreed. Wish they came out with a fix though. Other than a ramp cover. Unless that is the actual magic cure.

I say a TSB with a replacement mechanism of some sort would be the best thing - wishful thinking, I'm sure. Like maybe if the floor of the ramp lifted up under the magnet? Like a reverse trap door, of sorts. Would be foolproof, even on slower shots.

#7555 3 years ago

Yeah basically put spot form Munsters on the ramp. That would’ve definitely worked better it seems like.

#7556 3 years ago

Imagamejunky---yes I believe what happens is the ramp gets "broken in" after so many plays. I have heard that from others also. Awesome!

#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For anyone’s who’s isn’t perfect please order that cover. Would love to see that make the dialing process easier. I don’t want to get it because mines perfect. Haha.
I will say that moving that cover does drastically change the speed with which it runs up to the magnet. But I took it completely off. I guess sliding it to the left a bunch would do the same thing, but you can dial it in to your liking.

You took yours completely off? That doesn’t launch the ball?

#7558 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

You took yours completely off? That doesn’t launch the ball?

Oh it launches it across the game. Haha. If you turn down the strength to 200 it makes the magnet. But then demogorgon shots become impossible.

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

r go Cary Hardy on it with some vice grips.

Thanks for the tip. I used some vice grips and found my posts were actually screwed into the wood, so I just kept turning until they were fully unscrewed. I appreciate the help!

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh it launches it across the game. Haha. If you turn down the strength to 200 it makes the magnet. But then demogorgon shots become impossible.

Hahahaha well that’s no help.

#7561 3 years ago

Yeah but that’s why I think with the adjustable one you can move it to the left enough so that it allows the ball to more easily travel up the diverter without as much resistance. I guess we will have to wait and see what someone says when they get theirs.

#7562 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah but that’s why I think with the adjustable one you can move it to the left enough so that it allows the ball to more easily travel up the diverter without as much resistance. I guess we will have to wait and see what someone says when they get theirs.

I watched your stream to this game and I’m just going to shut my mouth. I thought as a noob I was getting good but 13min in you hit 3 in a row on the TK multi ball. Wow man. Your unreal!! As a noob I look forward to improving my game and learning patience with the pin. Unreal man.

I sure would like to know more about the super skill shot and if you figured that out.

#7563 3 years ago

Sure! You have to collect the skill shot at the lit drop target, then have it bounce into the saucer on the left immediately afterwards.

It’s called the MXV skill shot for Mike V that works at stern. And you get 25 million for it the first time and it’s + 5 million people very time after that.

#7564 3 years ago

I can't get that shit to happen, ever. I always try. I wonder if it's just the geometry on my game. I think it's set up centered on the bubble.

#7565 3 years ago

It’s super hard. And should be. I’ve done it exactly twice since it was implemented.

#7566 3 years ago

I tried a ton today too. Nowhere remotely close.

#7567 3 years ago

So far I’ve been able to pull it off twice in one game. Such a great game!

#7568 3 years ago

What’s the over under that we will hear something about the topper by spring or sooner?

#7569 3 years ago

Way over. Have you seen the price of some toppers?

#7570 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Weirdest thing..
After hundreds of games with VERY limited success of making it into the demogorgon mouth, the other day something changed. I can't explain it, but now the ball frequently makes it into the mouth. As in a few times each game now. I didn't change a damn thing!

This. The one at the local joint was such you couldn't sink a shot to save your soul for months. Then, suddenly, could get a few per game. Dunno man. I just don't know.

#7571 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What’s the over under that we will hear something about the topper by spring or sooner?

I’ll go under so hopefully you guys and gals get your toppers soon!

#7572 3 years ago

I am having issues w/ intermittent hits (health bar) on the demogorgon & the ramp gets stuck in the down position. I tried e mailing Stern last week w/ no reply. What is the best way to communicate w/ Stern to fix these PIA issues? Is there a link that could possibly speed up the process w/ a reasonable timetable answer. This game is excellent, just want to fix these issues.

#7573 3 years ago

New trans light for my pro. Much better. Took almost two months in transit from the UK.

68842837-BA9C-470C-9225-69C619C6ABBE (resized).jpeg68842837-BA9C-470C-9225-69C619C6ABBE (resized).jpeg
#7574 3 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

New trans light for my pro. Much better. Took almost two months in transit from the UK.
[quoted image]

How much was it? Looks great.

#7575 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How much was it? Looks great.

Same one I have in mine. Retro refurbs has a few. Around $90 US:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=Stranger+things+&post_type=product

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Same one I have in mine. Retro refurbs has a few. Around $90 US:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=Stranger+things+&post_type=product

Awesome. Thank you!

#7577 3 years ago

What is this swipe-a-ball feature?

#7578 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What is this swipe-a-ball feature?

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/124

F9D11D41-0EAF-42CD-9687-623566AA78F4 (resized).jpegF9D11D41-0EAF-42CD-9687-623566AA78F4 (resized).jpeg
#7579 3 years ago

Gotta love when I spend more time doing this than actually playing the damn game!

16115185092251830979604408607191.jpg16115185092251830979604408607191.jpg
#7580 3 years ago

I wanna like this game, but these issues are wearing on me. I've installed the new plastic piece and although it has helped it's still not even 90% of the time more like 60% and I still have the issue of it falling short.

How good of a shot would be considered an actual attempt? I keep barely adjusting it to get as low as it can go without letting the ball just glide by the guide.

I put a piece or plastic behind the ramp to get it to pop out a little more that has helped, but it just wildly inconsistent. I'll go 3 for 3 and then 3 for 5, 3 for 3, 2 for 5 and so on.

How perfect of a shot does it need to be?

Also I spent about about 2-3 hours putting washers on the demo to lean him forward more and still isn't good enough. Just dreading having to pull it apart again to dial it in.

Again for the demo shot is it expected to hit it in the hole on just about every controlled shot?

If I add in a flipper rubber like people suggested it does work better, but really this is the long term solution for this??? So over it.

16115270666087093545632222771163.jpg16115270666087093545632222771163.jpg16115270894688957487851547435365.jpg16115270894688957487851547435365.jpg16115271057711295145650747043789.jpg16115271057711295145650747043789.jpg16115271196874883690185401837861.jpg16115271196874883690185401837861.jpg
#7581 3 years ago

All your pictures are uploading weird.

Here’s a link to a video of my game. Everything works as it should. This will give you a sense of what you’re working towards.

#7582 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All your pictures are uploading weird.
Here’s a link to a video of my game. Everything works as it should. This will give you a sense of what you’re working towards.

Granted you're 100 times better than I am it's just depressing seeing how well yours works compared to mine. It's def not even close to dialed in yet...

#7583 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Granted you're 100 times better than I am it's just depressing seeing how well yours works compared to mine. It's def not even closed to dialed in yet...

Sorry I didn't go back through your posts to see if you've already done this or not, but if not, make sure to remove the spacer under stinky's "chin". That alone made him lean far enough forward for me. I'm nearly 100% successful from a clean shot left flipper and ~60% from right flipper. Good enough for me for now, though someday I might go ahead and pull him all the way out to lower his rear too. Best of luck...I hope you find the magic bullet for both issues!

#7584 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Granted you're 100 times better than I am it's just depressing seeing how well yours works compared to mine. It's def not even close to dialed in yet...

I’d be encouraged if I were you. At least you can see what’s possible. Patience is key here. This is the hardest game to dial in ever. It’s not even close.

#7585 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry I didn't go back through your posts to see if you've already done this or not, but if not, make sure to remove the spacer under stinky's "chin". That alone made him lean far enough forward for me. I'm nearly 100% successful from a clean shot left flipper and ~60% from right flipper. Good enough for me for now, though someday I might go ahead and pull him all the way out to lower his rear too. Best of luck...I hope you find the magic bullet for both issues!

I was able to move him closer to that spacer, but it's still not even close to resting on it. The way the bracket is screwed in the plastic demo is wonky. They barely even dig into the mold and after I put two washers on each side to push him forward it felt like I needed 2 more on each side for a total of 4!!! Those screws aren't even long enough to hold that many.

I even took out the black spacers on one of the demo brackets because I was always shooting so low thinking it would at least lower the mouth and still not low enough.

#7586 3 years ago

You need to make sure and only put those screws that go into the demo and allow him to sway when you hit it, make sure those are pretty loose. Not tight at all. The more jiggly the better.

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I was able to move him closer to that spacer, but it's still not even close to resting on it. The way the bracket is screwed in the plastic demo is wonky. They barely even dig into the mold and after I put two washers on each side to push him forward it felt like I needed 2 more on each side for a total of 4!!! Those screws aren't even long enough to hold that many.
I even took out the black spacers on one of the demo brackets because I was always shooting so low thinking it would at least lower the mouth and still not low enough.

Take both those black spacers out. You don’t need to do anything else at all. That’s it. You will be 100%. Whatever else you did to adjust the demo, undo it and just remove both black spacers. Easy fix. Many of us were shooting high and everyone who did that is 100%.

#7588 3 years ago

Sent 2 messages to Stern. 1 thru Facebook and one thru their website about when the light kit will be available but no answer from either message. I so want to add this to my game.

#7589 3 years ago

The UV kit? Did you ask around to distributors? LSG, Flip N Out? Coin taker? Game exchange? Tilt amusements?

#7590 3 years ago

Stern is famous for doing a piss poor job of stocking and selling their accessories. They could seriously rake in bank if they’d just stock the shit and keep selling it. Games trade hands for years and people want to add the accessories. Stern seems to only make enough to meet immediate demand and then abandon them. Stupid.

#7591 3 years ago

I think Pinballs.com has it. Give them a call tomorrow.

#7592 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

wanna like this game, but these issues are wearing on me. I

I know the feeling, I’ve put more time into dialing in this game than anything else in the past two weeks. Like a full time job. I followed Pinpickle’s instructions to the T and he helped me get that demogorgan dialed in. (Thank you again) But that TK lock is a pain. I’ve followed all the key posts and like you, I’ve gone from hitting it 10% to hitting about 40%. Super frustrating. Every time I go for the TK lock I get stressed. Crazy that Stern put out a game that so obviously needed more work when so many of us have the same issue. I do love this game though. So worth it when I get that TK lock. So I’ll stick with it and keep trying to dial it in, but I totally feel your pain. I hope you get it closer to dialed in and can enjoy the game soon.

#7593 3 years ago

I hear ya on the TK ball lock
Mine worked pretty well out of the box
Now all of a sudden barely works at all
Trying to dial it back in without any luck so far
Kills the fun of the game

#7594 3 years ago

Just saw that LZ is getting a lighting kit upgrade for the pro. Crazy that it's $450 for 50 led's and some art blades. Kinda makes the $280 uv kit seem like a steal lol. At least the Prem/LE got the lighting kit as part of the machine.

#7595 3 years ago

If anyone is looking to replace the pro translite with a premium, there are 2 on ebay and you get 8% ebay bucks right now.
It is labeled as a pro though.

ebay.com link: Stranger Things Pro Stern Pinball Game Translite Sign NEW 26x16

#7596 3 years ago

Post office delivered some fun goodies today. Got my flipper coil fans from Vic at Pin Monk, so now I expect to have some super flipper powers. (Hope, hope it helps with my TK lock) and I also got the cool lenticular apron cards from Tim at YouBentMyWookie. Love how they look in the game! Thanks to both sellers!!

Also, was just watching Deadflip's stream of the new code, and his TK lock works every time he shoots it up that left ramp with Lock lit. Makes me so mad! What am I doing wrong?! GRRRRRR!!!

29D19158-EAA3-4D79-9C76-8D7C777D1D64 (resized).jpeg29D19158-EAA3-4D79-9C76-8D7C777D1D64 (resized).jpeg40053872-EBEC-4E76-A8D7-09F2E49E6B61 (resized).jpeg40053872-EBEC-4E76-A8D7-09F2E49E6B61 (resized).jpeg526E565B-5C6F-48CB-BAB6-2ECAADDE2DA5 (resized).jpeg526E565B-5C6F-48CB-BAB6-2ECAADDE2DA5 (resized).jpeg

#7597 3 years ago

Yes---noticed that too---but if you go back and look at some of his other streams on ST TK almost never works. Obviously some one realized that was not a good look for Stern so they got it dialed in or different machine.

#7598 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I wanna like this game, but these issues are wearing on me. I've installed the new plastic piece and although it has helped it's still not even 90% of the time more like 60% and I still have the issue of it falling short.
How good of a shot would be considered an actual attempt? I keep barely adjusting it to get as low as it can go without letting the ball just glide by the guide.
I put a piece or plastic behind the ramp to get it to pop out a little more that has helped, but it just wildly inconsistent. I'll go 3 for 3 and then 3 for 5, 3 for 3, 2 for 5 and so on.
How perfect of a shot does it need to be?
Also I spent about about 2-3 hours putting washers on the demo to lean him forward more and still isn't good enough. Just dreading having to pull it apart again to dial it in.
Again for the demo shot is it expected to hit it in the hole on just about every controlled shot?
If I add in a flipper rubber like people suggested it does work better, but really this is the long term solution for this??? So over it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just got confirmation from Pablo that my ramp cover is ordered. Thanks for posting pics of the instructions. Mine still needs improvement as well - lately probably 25% at best.

From the instructions, it sounds like when the ball doesn't make it all the way up the diverter, that the suspected cause is that it's hitting the ramp cover. Has anyone confirmed that? I'll try to get a different angle slo mo to see if mines hitting the cover. Actually, I hope it is. I have everything else set to factory specs so there is hope.

#7599 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Has anyone confirmed that?

Yes. But some sort of cover is needed as the ball will fly across the game if the cover is removed. Very interested to see if these adjustable covers help the remaining folks that are still struggling.

If someone could scan the instructions so pdf and post here that would be helpful too.

#7600 3 years ago

Hey fellas,

Have owned a stranger things pro for a couple months. Great game! And agree it’s better than Attack from mars with the most recent code. I’ve added a shaker and the UV kit (which was a game changer).

I finally found a stern lighted dice plunger and installed it today. It is awesome eye candy, BUT i’ve got a major complaint. It has turned the mxv skill shot into impossible. The added weight and bulk of the die head seems to make any type of consistency gone with the plunge...

I was careful to mark the plunger position with tape to make sure the new one lines back up. It appears aligned L to R from the top.

Anybody else have similar issues?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/152?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.