Stranger Things Ramp Issue (resized).jpg
ST (resized).jpeg
IMG_3102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3101 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3098 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 442.
#7451 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Hey hey! Getting a Stranger Things Premium next week just wanted to clarify two things real quick to get it dialed in!
For the TK lock does the new plastic piece fix the issue completely? Or will I need to adjust it along with the new plastic piece?
The Demo issue, what is the issue? You just can't make it into the hole consistently? How will I know if I need to adjust? And what is the elastic band method?
Thanks for your time, super excited Stranger Things has to be top 3 shows of all time for me and hearing all the good things has brought me back around to being interested again!

I have a premium on the way as well and have found the key posts to be of great help. Some great info in there!

#7452 3 years ago

If your demo has issues you will know. Shots you are sure would go in don't. Now that it's adjusted properly on my machine I only miss when I know it's an off shot. Doesn't feel cheap when it's dialed in. From a cradle it should be near 100%.

Slow mo video will tell you if it's hitting hi or low. Mine was hitting low consistently so reducing the spacer height fixed it.

#7453 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I have a premium on the way as well and have found the key posts to be of great help. Some great info in there!

I've already looked there and doesn't have any of the answers/questions I'm asking.

#7454 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The power supply fans are loud on newer sterns. There are kits to quiet it down if it bothers you. Here is one
https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit
Might as well get this at the same time since you will need it
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

Thanks for the recommendations!

#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I bought it and so worth it. Really makes the ramp look so much better. The sticker over the rivets do not bother me at all.

I totally agree. Really like the ramp decal. Looks great. Covering the rivets didn't bother me either. Holding up fine. No noticeable wear so far.

#7456 3 years ago

Currently readjusting the micro switches for the demogorgon ramp. Should the ramp flap press against the playfield or not? Mine is currently about 1mm above the playfield. Demogorgon shots work fine. See image.

Thanks

PXL_20210116_125045032 (resized).jpgPXL_20210116_125045032 (resized).jpg
#7457 3 years ago

It should rest on the playfield but not push into it. If it pushes into it, it will eventually eat through the protective Mylar and damage the playfield.

#7458 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck, will give it some slight adjustment!

#7459 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

So, Demogorgon is working like gangbusters. But now the TK lock is not quite there yet. Ball very rarely makes it all the way up the diverter. Usually almost makes it and rolls back down. What is the best method to get that dialed in?

This isn’t a simple fix. You need to try a bunch of different things.

I was told You need the cooling fans from Pinmonk. That will help with flipper fatigue. I have them, and haven’t seen a drastic improvement on my TK success. The science still says you need them.

I would follow the PDF (located in the key posts) and I tightened the black screw underneath the ramp with curved needle nose pliers. My diverter arm was really loose and sloppy. Those two things helped out with having balls bounce around and roll SDTM.

It’s improved but not perfect yet.

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have them, and haven’t seen a drastic improvement on my TK success. The science still says you need them.

The fans aren’t part of the fix. They simply keep the flippers operating at optimal levels.

You’ll know all you need are the fans when you TK lock works perfectly then all of a sudden after about 20-30 mins of play the ball is falling just short of making the magnet. The fans will solve that.

#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Hey hey! Getting a Stranger Things Premium next week just wanted to clarify two things real quick to get it dialed in!
For the TK lock does the new plastic piece fix the issue completely? Or will I need to adjust it along with the new plastic piece?
The Demo issue, what is the issue? You just can't make it into the hole consistently? How will I know if I need to adjust? And what is the elastic band method?
Thanks for your time, super excited Stranger Things has to be top 3 shows of all time for me and hearing all the good things has brought me back around to being interested again!

There is no “new” plastic piece for the TK lock. It’s all about alignment of multiple parts working correctly in unison. Read the key posts. All the info is there. It takes trial and error for sure. chuckwurt has posted many vids on all of these issues. Do a little research. Everything you need to dial it in lies within this forum.

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

There is no “new” plastic piece for the TK lock

There is a new left ramp cover that is adjustable. Get with your distro and stern to get one sent to you. It may or may not help. I didn’t need it, so I never requested it.

#7463 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The fans aren’t part of the fix. They simply keep the flippers operating at optimal levels.
You’ll know all you need are the fans when you TK lock works perfectly then all of a sudden after about 20-30 mins of play the ball is falling just short of making the magnet. The fans will solve that.

Yeah that’s what I was saying in regard to flipper fatigue. It’s useless to try to dial it in after playing it for a while without the cooling fans. And you need them to hit the TK lock. I’m not perfectly dialed in so I haven’t seen a drastic improvement with the fans but I know I need them.

#7464 3 years ago

I totally recommend the Tilt "trees" Demo sticker as well. It reacts to the UV just like the Tilt artblades do (neither as much as the playfield does, but still cool). Plus the flashing red light from the center arrow combines with the UV to create some interesting lighting effects when the ramp is down.

#7465 3 years ago

My bad on the ramp cover thing. Was unaware but to me alignment and trial and error. Once it’s dialed in though I’m not sure there’s a more satisfying shot and sequence of events to follow.

#7466 3 years ago

Especially non pinball people. They have no idea how it happens. Just looks like magic to them. Haha

#7467 3 years ago

So this is weird. My left kickout LED stays a dim red when not in use. Works just fine in all cases but slightly annoying. Any suggestions? Did an LED test and functions fine. Just stays dim when not in use.

4467DB96-6155-47B7-B377-3308B812808F (resized).jpeg4467DB96-6155-47B7-B377-3308B812808F (resized).jpegCCB9D019-6EE7-4F25-946E-C12679D8F33C (resized).jpegCCB9D019-6EE7-4F25-946E-C12679D8F33C (resized).jpeg
#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I should have taken everyones advice and trimmed it prior to installing. It looks horrible (in my opinion) over the rivets, but given that i reached out to cointaker first, i took their word for it. Guess ill place an order for tilt graphics.

Possible to peel it up and use a hole punch where the rivets go?

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

So this is weird. My left kickout LED stays a dim red when not in use. Works just fine in all cases but slightly annoying. Any suggestions? Did an LED test and functions fine. Just stays dim when not in use.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it possible the red is from an indicator light on a nearby pcb under the pf?

#7470 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is a new left ramp cover that is adjustable. Get with your distro and stern to get one sent to you. It may or may not help. I didn’t need it, so I never requested it.

Has anybody a part number or a photo of this adjustable plastic?

#7471 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Has anyone have a part number or a photo of this adjustable plastic?

#7472 3 years ago

I have the same issue on with a couple of the inserts---you can try a new SD card the Stern ones are garbage. That is one thing you could try. Could be a board issue also. I am going to try the SD card first. It really does not bother me though.

#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Here ya go!

IMG_20210115_130924_01.jpgIMG_20210115_130924_01.jpg
#7474 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Here ya go![quoted image]

Great, thank you!

What about the metal bracket which is on the original one on the top?

#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

I have the same issue on with a couple of the inserts---you can try a new SD card the Stern ones are garbage. That is one thing you could try. Could be a board issue also. I am going to try the SD card first. It really does not bother me though.

Thanks! When Cleland puts out his code I’ll switch then and see is that works. I like to keep a factory backup.

#7476 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Break8ers:

If the inserts lights up immediately after you hit the power switch. This is most likely a board issue. My friends TMNT had some issues, he got replacement PCBs this fixed the issues for him.

#7477 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

No. I don’t know of anyone that has ordered it. Contact your distro and stern. They will know.

My bad. Didn’t realize someone ordered it already!

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Please scan those guides and post here. I don’t think those PDFs are available yet.

#7479 3 years ago

Now that I have been playing ST pro since Christmas I thought I would share my thoughts. I am running the Cleland mod and it definitely added to improving the game for me and also the UV kit.

I am still trying to dial in my shots to hit the ramps and orbits. I truly love this game. I play at least 8 games or more a night. I usually stop because the family wants to get to sleep or my wrist start hurting.

For me this is way better than AFM, which we were debating on getting a SE remake. I am so glad I played AFM again after putting some time on ST at an arcade. I am glad I went with a demo pro dialed in for $5399 shipped. For me the extra $2300 was not worth the cost to get a premium.

Right now it’s my family’s and my favorite pin. Even my autistic son who is not a big pinball player loves it. He like EHOH more which we are getting and on the deposit wait list.

Hitting the demogorgon is more satisfying than hitting the UFO on AFM. It’s even better now with the code update that actually making the shaker do something in the game and with the UV lights going when you hit it. Pure fun.

I am far from getting wizard mode or beating it because I am still learning to be a better player. Started pinball in 2019 but In September 2020 was my first Stern NIB purchase with BKSOR premium and my first NIB was MBr SE back in August 2020 hence looking at AFMr.

I have zero regrets and want to thank those who helped me in this group. This game deserves so much more praise than the hate it receives. But their loss missing out on a great pin. I haven’t even watched one episode of the show.

Now waiting for EHOH and eventually Godzilla. Going to try LZ tomorrow at the arcade to celebrate my 50th birthday. Family, pinball, video games, presents, cake, and a steak dinner. Doesn’t get better than that.

#7480 3 years ago

Upgraded my glass to stern HD. Love it.

#7481 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Upgraded my glass to stern HD. Love it.

I was going to buy feared damage to the special glass as I get quite a bit airballs from time to time on my ST pro

#7482 3 years ago

Any update on a Topper?

#7483 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I was going to buy feared damage to the special glass as I get quite a bit airballs from time to time on my ST pro

Balls don’t damage glass.

#7484 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Any update on a Topper?

Update from a distrib today advised Stern is still tweaking it. No ETA. That was after he emailed them earlier today, so pretty up to date. I'll likely buy this before the game also, assuming it is cool. Don't wanna miss out. Sux that they have this FOMO crap on toppers, but it is what it is.

#7485 3 years ago

I have been a bit of a whore with all my posts but I just want to give a shout out to Chuck for being so involved. Your comments and videos have helped out so many people and as a noob it’s greatly appreciated.

#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have been a bit of a whore with all my posts but I just want to give a shout out to Chuck for being so involved. Your comments and videos have helped out so many people and as a noob it’s greatly appreciated.

Chuckwurt is the man. Good solid dude and a hell of a player.

#7487 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Chuckwurt is the man. Good solid dude and a hell of a player.

Agreed! His posts and videos were the reason I bought a GOT a few years ago (amazing game that I only sold because I want to get a Prem/LE) and now this game.

#7488 3 years ago

Thanks! I spend all my free time on pinball so I might as well make it worth it! Haha

#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Balls don’t damage glass.

Fair warning: they do smudge it quite a bit.

#7490 3 years ago

Has anyone else with Sterns 1.02 notice the Demo lost some of its shaker effects at ball hits ?

#7491 3 years ago

Mine seems fine. Maybe your up post that shakes it needs adjustment.

#7492 3 years ago

Is it worth downloading the new 1.02 update? I have Clelands sound mod. I have a pro and running 1.01 code from December.

#7493 3 years ago

For sure. The demo bomb is really fun and adds more strategy to the game.

#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Read the key posts. All the info is there. It takes trial and error for sure. chuckwurt has posted many vids on all of these issues.

I worked for a few hours today based on the key posts and pdf trying to dial in the TK lock, it’s a bit better, but still averaging more roll backs than locks. Are there links to Chuck’s videos of the TK lock adjustments? Would love to watch them to see if there is something I am missing.
Thanks

#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I worked for a few hours today based on the key posts and pdf trying to dial in the TK lock, it’s a bit better, but still averaging more roll backs than locks. Are there links to Chuck’s videos of the TK lock adjustments? Would love to watch them to see if there is something I am missing.
Thanks

I don’t have video of it. Only stills. Is your flipper power all the way up? Did you get the flipper fans?

I would request the adjustable left ramp cover from stern too.

#7496 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is your flipper power all the way up? Did you get the flipper fans?

Yes, flippers at 255. Will order the fans and contact Stern about the ramp cover. And I’ll keep futzing with the diverter and Ramos in the meantime. Thanks.

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For sure. The demo bomb is really fun and adds more strategy to the game.

Thanks Chuck. I just read the read me file. That’s so cool they finally are utilizing the lock down bar button. I am so glad we are getting code updates that make this game even better. Feel bad for all the haters who didn’t give this game a chance. I love this game.

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I’m not sure what this would do to help things. Are people having the diverted arm rub on the ramp cover? I don’t think I’m anywhere near that. Or is it the ball clipping the top of it?

#7499 3 years ago

Got this from my wife and kids today for my 50th birthday. They had it made. I am so blessed.

9565EBE5-312C-44CF-92C6-BF0724A32810 (resized).jpeg9565EBE5-312C-44CF-92C6-BF0724A32810 (resized).jpeg
#7500 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got this from my wife and kids today for my 50th birthday. They had it made. I am so blessed.
[quoted image]

That’s so cool on many different levels...Happy B-Day

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 442.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.