IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 449.
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is how to adjust your demo:
Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)
Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary. based on the four holes and screws, you can adjust your shims/washers to tilt it just about any way you need to.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a video anywhere of how to actually remove the Demogorgon to get at those washers. My temporary rope fix need to be a permanent fix and I don't know where to start on removing the toy.

Thank you

#7252 3 years ago

Also, is there a factory adjustment document similar to the one for the TK lock? One that shows measurements etc. for the demogorgon?

#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Also, is there a factory adjustment document similar to the one for the TK lock? One that shows measurements etc. for the demogorgon?

Not that I have found. Slow-motion video will tell you how you need to adjust it.

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Has anyone tried them both at the same time? The PS one tends to light up the ramps more. That's the only difference I've noticed. I thought it would be cool to have both of them. Now, that would be expensive...

I spoke to PS. They said it looks great with both installed. I thought about it but your right 600 bucks on uv lights seems a bit pricey

#7255 3 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Hi Guys, sorry if it’s been asked 100 times but would you suggest getting a premium over a pro? I would have the UV kit on both but note sure if projector is worth the extra?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Bought the pro and zero regrets. Too many issues with the TK ball lock. I didn’t like the look of the projector white on the ramps and where the ramp is. For me not worth the extra money and those two extras don’t add to the game over the pro for me and wasn’t worth the extra cost. Got a demo pro for $5300 shipped with warranty.

To each their own, but I couldn't disagree more. Yes, it's a pain to dial in the TK lock (mine's not currently dialed in) but it is a really cool effect. But beyond that, the projector is next level in terms of the visual engagement. I can't imagine going back to the static building (or whatever the screen image is on the Pro) now that we've played the Premium. My wife has never seen the Pro and I explained to her what the difference was and she (who doesn't give a shit about pinball other than playing casual games) couldn't imagine giving up the projector.

I get you're happy with the Pro, and that's cool. I'm not trying to bigtime anyone who opts for the Pro. But to anyone debating which model to buy, I can't suggest the Premium (or LE I guess) enough. With this game in particular, the projector is so central to every second of the immersion of the game that I can't imagine having the Pro over the Premium.

Plus the new add-a-ball feature sounds pretty cool as another distinguishing feature.

#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I spoke to PS. They said it looks great with both installed. I thought about it but your right 600 bucks on uv lights seems a bit pricey

LOLOLOLOL

Of course they did! Biggest hyperbole marketing strategy in all of pinball. If you go by his Before and After pictures, games without PinSadiums are so dark you wouldn't even be able to find them in a semi-dark room, much less play them. They make a decent product, but they are INSANELY over-priced and his sales tactics are suspect to say the least.

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Is there a video anywhere of how to actually remove the Demogorgon to get at those washers. My temporary rope fix need to be a permanent fix and I don't know where to start on removing the toy.
Thank you

No video that I know of. There are two nuts under the playfield and one screw on top. The screw on top is the only one hard to get to and I don't recommend putting it back after you remove it as the nuts hold it on enough. You will need to remove the plastics around the demogorgon the first time to get at that screw. It's behind the demogorgon and to the left.

#7258 3 years ago

Just took the demo off, removed the spacers and boom! Dialed in. 4 in a row when caught in flipper.

Even worked when I put the glass back on. TK seems to be dialed in as well. But I’m not as certain about that one. The ball catches on a perfect shot and does get jammed on a crappy shot.

Beyond ecstatic. Wooooo!!

Thanks everyone, C0untDeM0net post really helped.

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I love Scott. He’s a good buddy. But do you think he’s going to say that having both installed looks bad?

I’ve seen both in my game, and the stern kit is better. The price and lit up ramps are cool about the PS version, but I wanted the factory product that doesn’t need to be taken off to raise the playfield. Also with art blades, I don’t want those obstructed by the light bars.

#7260 3 years ago

Dumb question. Hitting the extra ball/demo dog shot lights a shot for the left ramp to qualify for a mode. Everything else triggers normally. Is this intentional?

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dumb question. Hitting the extra ball/demo dog shot lights a shot for the left ramp to qualify for a mode. Everything else triggers normally. Is this intentional?

Yes. Read more about that behavior here.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

#7262 3 years ago

Thanks. I read through the rules before and now. Still not seeing it, but I believe you.

On another note, I bought the topper through LSOG, sight unseen. I’m part of the problem!

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks. I read through the rules before and now. Still not seeing it, but I believe you.

100BEC05-D87D-49A1-A921-161ED3B9D0DF.jpeg100BEC05-D87D-49A1-A921-161ED3B9D0DF.jpeg
#7264 3 years ago

Thanks! Reading comprehension was never my strong suit.

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

To each their own, but I couldn't disagree more. Yes, it's a pain to dial in the TK lock (mine's not currently dialed in) but it is a really cool effect. But beyond that, the projector is next level in terms of the visual engagement. I can't imagine going back to the static building (or whatever the screen image is on the Pro) now that we've played the Premium. My wife has never seen the Pro and I explained to her what the difference was and she (who doesn't give a shit about pinball other than playing casual games) couldn't imagine giving up the projector.
I get you're happy with the Pro, and that's cool. I'm not trying to bigtime anyone who opts for the Pro. But to anyone debating which model to buy, I can't suggest the Premium (or LE I guess) enough. With this game in particular, the projector is so central to every second of the immersion of the game that I can't imagine having the Pro over the Premium.
Plus the new add-a-ball feature sounds pretty cool as another distinguishing feature.

Couldn’t agree more! Furthermore when that TK lock is dialed in there’s nothing quite like it. So cool!!

#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

On another note, I bought the topper through LSOG, sight unseen. I’m part of the problem!

As did I.lol! It will be cool.

#7267 3 years ago

Fired up the pin.. the projector us working again. Didnt change anything. I am running an aftermarket SD with Cleland code, which is sweet. Still trying to sort out the dim playfield insert and why the projector is acting up. No word from stern yet.

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can agree to disagree but the add a ballTK lock, and projector to me doesn’t add $2200 of fun. I bought a nice dialed in demo unit for $5399 shipped vs $7599 for a NIB premium. Static image is fine for me and I found the projector distracting.

#7269 3 years ago

No premium game is ever worth the money. But in almost all cases, the game is more fun.

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can agree to disagree but the add a ballTK lock, and projector to me doesn’t add $2200 of fun. I bought a nice dialed in demo unit for $5399 shipped vs $7599 for a NIB premium. Static image is fine for me and I found the projector distracting.

quienes mas macho

#7271 3 years ago

I am super pumped. Looks like I will become an LE owner this week. Had a GNR LE on order since October, but decided to take a two hour ride to my pinball distributor last week. I had never played a Stern game and wanted to test some of them before buying my second JJP. And I'm so glad I did. I FELL IN LOVE WITH STRANGER THINGS! The sound! The music! The Hopper callouts! The Demogorgan! SO GREAT! Have been going back and forth with my kids all week. My 15 year old is a big Stranger things fan, but my 9 year old really wanted GNR. (She plays Wonka more than I do, so want to get a pin whe will enjoy). But thanks to Chuck Wurt's latest stream of the new code, my youngest opted for Stranger Things. (Thank you, Chuck). Now I have to call my distro tomorrow and switch the order for the third time. (He must be getting sick of me). Anyway, I'm excited to join the party! Can't wait to get the UV set up and play in the dark! SO COOL!.

#7272 3 years ago

Congrats! But the right decision was to keep your GNR order AND get stranger things. Haha

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But the right decision was to keep your GNR order AND get stranger things. Haha

I kind of did that. I kept my deposit and opted to get my GNR later in the year. If two pins show up at my house at once I would be in big trouble! I really struggled with the decision, but I wanted Stranger Things first! The theme is really calling me. (Although truth be told, not sure my GNR will ever make it. I only have room for 3 pins and I am lusting after a JP now that i've tried it.)

#7274 3 years ago

JP is great too. So many good ones and too little room and money!

#7275 3 years ago

It's a real problem. Ever since buying my Wonka I have become obsessed. All I do is watch pinball streams, play pinball and obsess over which game I want next. If I had a gameroom, I would be in serious trouble with spending.

#7276 3 years ago

I'm very pleased w/ all the code updates since the inception of this machine. We & many others took a chance since day one to eventually have a game that has certainly progressed tenfold. There have been approximately ten code updates, as I'm not sure if that's the most compared to any Stern machine. STh's has come a long-long way, due to the attention to detail from Stern. Though you absolutely cannot please them all, the majority of the pinball community has appreciated your efforts to transform STh's into one hell of a game!

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

the pinball community has appreciated your efforts to transform STh's into one hell of a game!

Stern should pay Chuck a percentage of every ST sold. He helped me make my purchasing decision.

#7278 3 years ago

It’s definitely been a fun ride! I assumed things would sow to a crawl at 1.00, but still getting more has been a treat. Once things open back up and more people can play the complete game, it will become more popular I think.

#7279 3 years ago

For A complete noob like me, ST Started out amazing but when I found out it didn’t work as described I was underwhelmed. I figured for the price I paid for a machine it should be good to go. However I had to dial it in. Now that’s dialed in... WOW.

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No premium game is ever worth the money. But in almost all cases, the game is more fun.

No pinball machine is ever worth the money BUT in almost all cases, they are FUN and worth much more than money itself in that sense for me!

And ST is one of those put a smile on your face games the more you play it. Another excellent code update.

#7281 3 years ago

I've never played the Pro, but I can't imagine not having the projector. There are so many places where the projector adds live content, and the center screen is constantly changing - just awesome! You really start to realize how much the projector adds when you adjust all the projector angles in the settings, and see all the places it adds video. I couldn't care less about the white ramps when the machine is off.

I spent my share of time on the TK lock issue, but I will say this after working on it. I will probably still request the adjustable ramp to get it as perfect as possible. If fast shots are not making it on the wall, get a video in slo mo and adjust it. But, I think it's fair to say that simply because of the physics, you have to have a decent shot up the ramp in order to expect it to lock on the back wall. I have mine at the point to where when I have what I consider to be a very good shot up the ramp, it works fine. I'm betting that to some degree, the TK lock has unfairly gotten a bad rap because there is an unreasonable expectation that every shot up the ramp should hit the wall - and not only do I think that is not the case, but I don't think it was designed for that either, since the ramp has the white rod that temporarily holds the ball on shots where it doesn't hit the wall.

All in all, I'd say that we definitely want to dial it in so that on good shots we get the ball on the wall, but don't expect slower shots up the ramp to cut it. And in a way, it adds a bit of challenge to the game, because if you want to get it on the wall you know you have to get a better shot up the ramp. And honestly, I don't want a softball game either. I don't want the machine making it too easy because then I'll get bored with it. Same with the Demogorgon - I might adjust it a little but I don't want to make it too easy either.

#7282 3 years ago

the TK lock has unfairly gotten a bad rap because there is an unreasonable expectation that every shot up the ramp should hit the wall - and not only do I think that is not the case, but I don't think it was designed for that either, since the ramp has the white rod that temporarily holds the ball on shots where it doesn't hit the wall.

I think this is pretty true, but they definitely could code the game better to compensate for balls that miss the magnet. If the ball takes too long to get to the ramp opto at the post, you don’t get credit for anything.

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think this is pretty true, but they definitely could code the game better to compensate for balls that miss the magnet. If the ball takes too long to get to the ramp opto at the post, you don’t get credit for anything.

Oh ok. I don't think I've run into that. Whenever the ball does not get onto the wall, the ball waits at the white rod and the machine says ball locked etc., just as it would if it were too hit the wall.

#7284 3 years ago

Oh ok. I don't think I've run into that. Whenever the ball does not get onto the wall, the ball waits at the white rod and the machine says ball locked etc., just as it would if it were too hit the wall.

It happens when the ball goes all the way to the top of the diverter and stops at the peak, the diverter opens back up and drops the ball and it slowly goes to the post. What happens is the ball trips the opto at the magnet just long enough to no register the lock, it pulls the magnet off the backboard during this too and confuses the game. Then it awards you nothing when it makes it to the post.

#7285 3 years ago

Just got my Retro Refurb translite.

I ordered on Dec 5, shipped (from Slovenia) on Dec 18 and arrived on Jan 11.

It was packed well in a roll up tube. The physical quality of the translite is good, more like photo paper than Stern’s glossy translites. The size is perfect.

The quality of the translite itself is good, not amazing, which met my expectations. From a normal player’s perspective, it looks nice. If you inspect with a magnifying glass, it will be lower quality.

I’d absolutely recommend if you’re not happy with the stock translite, which I wasn’t. Next to GOT, it’s one of the uglier translites that Stern has produced.
17F88B8B-019D-4186-A3AC-0B6AEF512325 (resized).jpeg17F88B8B-019D-4186-A3AC-0B6AEF512325 (resized).jpeg9D3012E7-93D3-4FA5-BE52-0EB680C1085D (resized).jpeg9D3012E7-93D3-4FA5-BE52-0EB680C1085D (resized).jpegD306C8D8-5C38-44AC-9EA8-B645A65693DB (resized).jpegD306C8D8-5C38-44AC-9EA8-B645A65693DB (resized).jpegE054E199-9123-41E7-ACB1-607E9EE01E65 (resized).jpegE054E199-9123-41E7-ACB1-607E9EE01E65 (resized).jpeg

#7286 3 years ago

Looks good, I think I'm going with the premium translite for my pro.

#7287 3 years ago

Joined the club (temporarily at least) via rental of a pro. Lot of fun so far, but definitely a little out of level and sometimes a little floaty. Gonna play with setup tonight and wondering what pitch everyone deems ideal. Thanks!

#7288 3 years ago

No!! Mine plays lightning fast. I didn’t put an inclinometer on mine, but it’s cranked up pretty steep (way past the bubble lines) and is just so awesome.

#7289 3 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7290 3 years ago

I have mine at 6.6 degrees at the flippers (6.7 at the drops). The bubble just partially in the top area. I'd guess the pic above is getting close to 7 degrees

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I kind of did that. I kept my deposit and opted to get my GNR later in the year. If two pins show up at my house at once I would be in big trouble! I really struggled with the decision, but I wanted Stranger Things first! The theme is really calling me. (Although truth be told, not sure my GNR will ever make it. I only have room for 3 pins and I am lusting after a JP now that i've tried it.)

Play JP a few more times. I fell in love with it at first when I tried it, but after more plays on it, took it off my want list. Give yourself some space from the initial wow factor and try it again. If you still love it get it.

The family and I decided to make Elvira Houses of Horrors are next pin. At first I didn’t care for it but then gave it a chance and played it with the latest code update and we all love it. We get the same wow factor and one more game each time we play it. Put a deposit down for one and hopefully Stern comes through.

Bought Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas and it’s are favorite pin. Now waiting for Godzilla.

#7292 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Took a two hour ride yesterday to finally play some Stern games for the first time. (sadly my arcade doesn’t carry any). And I fell in love with Stranger Things. Have been obsessing over it all day. Can anyone point me in the direction of a distributor that has an LE in stock? Also, how much should an LE cost? I’ve seen some on the boards for $8200 and one being sold by a distributor for $10k.
I prefer NIB but don’t want to pay that much.
Thanks

Joe Kirby from Betson Amusements in Mass announced that he had a few last week in our pinball group.

#7293 3 years ago

Anyone else ever get an insane score on the Upside Down #2? I think I hit all four shots in succession and the total was just under 80 Million! Does that sound right?!?!?!

#7294 3 years ago

Oh yeah. Nice work!

Scoring works like this. Hurry up starts at 10 million. First shot is 1x, next shot is 2x, then 3x and 4x. If you happen to hit a shot right away and combo the rest that should get you around 80-90 million.

Now just imagine you had 2x playfield running too! Haha

#7295 3 years ago

Great rules. I have to do that again!

#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Great rules. I have to do that again!

One time I had upside down two running then got upside down mystery award and it started upside down 1.

I comboed all the shots and cleared the drops quickly and got over 100 million combined. Haha

#7297 3 years ago

Without going through the whole thread (thank you), what are some tricks to blowing this thing up? Got 425 million on one of my first plays without really knowing the ruleset, and now that I am paying more attention to starting modes etc. I'm struggling to crack 100. I did pitch the machine a little higher so it's a bit more punishing, but any tips or insights are greatly appreciated!

#7298 3 years ago

Can you make the demo mouth at will? If so, concentrate on the demo multiballs. You have to make the mouth right away to lock in a good jackpot value. Then phase two you have to clear all the jackpots at that value and those feed the SJP value. You can get 300-500 million in each of the demo multiballs if played well.

If you can’t make the mouth at will, then your main options of big scores are a few modes and the total isolations:

Quarter hunt can be big if combined with a multiball and 2x scoring. Rip that spinner for days. 100 million plus in this mode is possible.

Mirkwood. If you can combo those ramps they get to a pretty high value. If you can hit ten ramps in a row there’s a big pay off. Over 100 million is possible here too.

Play out the modes and do well enough in them to get 1-2 drawings in each.

Total isolations are big points. Try to last a long time in those along with 2x scoring. 500-600 million is possible from each of these.

Know where the extra balls are at. Get EBs the following ways:

Burn it back loops (two are possible in the same game if you hit 50 loops)
Start three modes
Start 6 modes
Collect 11 drawings

The more TK multiballs and demo and demo dog modes you play boost your end of ball bonus too. Make sure to always be completing your bottom lanes to have a good bonus x after each ball.

#7299 3 years ago

If you happen to get to the final 3 wizard modes those are not points too. Should get 1-1.5 billion by doing all three assuming you have lots of drawings when you get there.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from iskidoo:

Betson Amusements in Mass announced that he had a few last week

Thanks for the heads up, iskidoo. I actually found one and have it coming later this week with uv kit installed. I can’t wait.
Also, I read about a Cleland sound card that one seller had installed, is this something I need to think about? Are there frequent sound issues with the game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/146?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.