IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 448.
#7201 3 years ago

Well still doesn’t hold water with the pros on location here. I’m sure they have close to 10k plays on them by now. If they had these consistent issues I would’ve noticed them easily and we also wouldn’t use them in tournaments.

Some new things to try:

Remove the one way gate to the left of the demo. Maybe the ball is hitting that in a way to bounce back and get another register on the opto.

For mystery I’m not sure at all. If it hits the target it should register and if it misses, once it lands on the optos by the post it should award everything that’s available at the mystery lane.

#7202 3 years ago

I was thinking of removing that one way gate as well. It may make the problem worse though if the ball is bouncing hard enough to go back that far.

The mystery one was strange. It happened to me twice in one game and hard to say if it's related to the opto missing the trigger. It was on the final shot for one of the shorter modes either turn up the heat or lure dart where you have to shoot the mystery target. Shot it twice cleanly and the shot was completely ignored. I think those require the standup to be hit. I thought that one might be a random code bug as well since I only saw it that one time and there were multiple things going on. Pretty sure demodog was running and the demogorgon was ready but I have not been able to replicate outside that game.

Yeah just odd stuff.

#7203 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Shot it twice cleanly and the shot was completely ignored. I think those require the standup to be hit.

Should complete the mode from the standup or the optos. Just need to get it back there.

I’ve had maybe 1-2 shots not register to that lane in thousands of plays for me. That’s pinball imo. Nothing that ever concerned me.

I say purely for testing, remove the one way gate and bracket completely.

Then disconnect the up post. The center shots should still register without the post and you’ll get no bounce backs.

#7204 3 years ago

You have to also understand that due to the issues my machine has had, that stern has agreed are strange, I am hyper aware of any time something doesn't work as it should.

#7205 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

You have to also understand that due to the issues my machine has had, that stern has agreed are strange, I am hyper aware of any time something doesn't work as it should.

Trust me. I’m right there with you. If there’s anyone more OCD than me about pinball on earth, I’ve yet to meet them. The things that cause me to stop play and mess with my game are insane. I’m very cognizant of these things as well.

For example. Once in a blue moon the back board magnet when it fires the coil to pull off the magnet and put it back it vibrates the game enough to register a left orbit completion. It’s super annoying. It’s gotten better with adjustment but clearly still needs more.

Same with sloppy balls up the lock that don’t catch. You don’t always get compensated. Very annoying.

Again, the videos you’ve posted I’ve never seen happen on a game and the stuff you posted it’s pretty obvious what is going on. I’d be frustrated too and probably wouldn’t have put as nearly as many games on yours as you because it would’ve ruined the game for me. Haha

I guess my overall point stands. While additional code could fix your issues, there’s no bug here that’s causing them. I believe it’s the particular setup of your game and how the ball is bouncing that is causing them. I think trying what I suggested could help confirm that. Then it’s a matter of trying to find a way to setup your game so that it stops happening with everything back installed.

#7206 3 years ago

Sorry to go off topic, but since I have a pro I wanted to know what the swipe a ball feature they added to pre/le was?

#7207 3 years ago

It’s essentially an add a ball feature to all multiballs that aren’t the TK MB

So if you lock a ball or two on the backboard for TK MB, then start total isolation or a Demogorgon multiball, the balls stay up there. Once during that MB you can press the center button and get those balls put into play and your ball save restarts.

I’m not sure if it’s once a game or unlimited. I haven’t played around with it a lot.

Thinking of streaming the new code later tonight so I’ll post up if I do so others can see it.

#7208 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s essentially an add a ball feature to all multiballs that aren’t the TK MB
So if you lock a ball or two on the backboard for TK MB, then start total isolation or a Demogorgon multiball, the balls stay up there. Once during that MB you can press the center button and get those balls put into play and your ball save restarts.
I’m not sure if it’s once a game or unlimited. I haven’t played around with it a lot.
Thinking of streaming the new code later tonight so I’ll post up if I do so others can see it.

That sounds freaking cool. I've been having a few sneaking thoughts of upgrading my pro to a premium, and that certainly doesn't help resist. Then I read a few more TK lock issue posts and help bring that back down...LOL.

Just for fun consider this a feeler for anyone with a premium (or LE depending on $$) that would rather have a pro and some cash. Road trip/meeting distance from WI. Not sure I'd go through with it, but let's discuss if that interests anyone.

#7209 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Then I read a few more TK lock issue posts and help bring that back down...LOL.

Yeah if someone asks me if the premium is worth it, I always say if they can live with the lock possibly never working then yes.

#7210 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It seems like it can't be code or all pros would have the same issues, and they do not. Sucks he's having issues, but I do not see how it could be code related.

These definitely are code issues. I have the same issues as C0untDeM0net

I am trying to make a video once I have time.

#7211 3 years ago

I also get the mystery shot not registering or triggering the demo instead. Also get the demo shot not registering sometimes also. I only have 300 plays on a premium.

#7212 3 years ago

Any word on toppers yet for this machine?

#7213 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That sounds freaking cool. I've been having a few sneaking thoughts of upgrading my pro to a premium, and that certainly doesn't help resist. Then I read a few more TK lock issue posts and help bring that back down...LOL.
Just for fun consider this a feeler for anyone with a premium (or LE depending on $$) that would rather have a pro and some cash. Road trip/meeting distance from WI. Not sure I'd go through with it, but let's discuss if that interests anyone.

Enjoy and keep your pro if your happy and it’s working. I have the pro and glad I went with it. The extras that come with the premium and extra headaches wasn’t worth it to me.

#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Any word on toppers yet for this machine?

Nothing that I have heard. I am wondering also.

#7215 3 years ago

Live now!!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#7216 3 years ago

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. IDk, IT’S LIKE METH! JUST ONE MORE GAME

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. IDk, IT’S LIKE METH! JUST ONE MORE GAME

Very underrated game. I got my pro for the family for Christmas and it’s our favorite pin so far.

#7218 3 years ago

Got my highest score on trap em tonight using the demo bomb. Like 450 million!

It’s definitely best for locking in jackpot values and super jackpot values in demo 2,4 or 5.

#7219 3 years ago

They've done a good job keeping the lid on the topper for this one. Now for it just to be somewhere under $500...

#7220 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

They've done a good job keeping the lid on the topper for this one. Now for it just to be somewhere under $500...

Fingers crossed for a BK retheme with Hopper's severed head yelling at you to play better.

The Hopper Topper. Make it happen Stern.

#7221 3 years ago

For the topper, I'm guessing either (1) a standard plastic backdrop with a UV-enabled lightshow corresponding with the Upsidedown or (2) Joyce's Christmas lights that will spell messages.

I just hope it's not a zillion dollars or something.

#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If it’s over $100, I’m out, so I’m out.

We’ve said before the kids on their bikes with the mind flayer backdrop would look nice, but that’s not going to be any kind of engineering marvel.

Would be cool to see them take the uv upside down theme to the topper as well. I actually think there’s a pretty good chance that’s a part of it.

#7223 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

For the topper, I'm guessing either (1) a standard plastic backdrop with a UV-enabled lightshow corresponding with the Upsidedown or (2) Joyce's Christmas lights that will spell messages.

I actually would like to see a Joyce's Christmas light topper. I hope it's not 1k $ but I am positive it will be :/

#7224 3 years ago

After having to buy the uv kit separately I do hope they charge a more sane price for the topper. I'm not the target market tho as I don't buy toppers to begin with.

#7225 3 years ago

I’m prepaid with little shop of games at $599 for the topper.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7226 3 years ago
8BD0E171-B35E-4F0C-8263-354CE55F68EA (resized).png8BD0E171-B35E-4F0C-8263-354CE55F68EA (resized).png
#7227 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image]

Thank you for the heads up. I just ordered on as well.

I don't understand all the negativity towards Stranger Things... We loved the series
and the game gets played more than any other machine we have.

#7228 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I actually would like to see a Joyce's Christmas light topper. I hope it's not 1k $ but I am positive it will be :/

Cointaker has one with Xmas lights

https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-topper

#7229 3 years ago

Just ordered mine too. Thanks!!

#7230 3 years ago

No way can I buy the topper right now blindly. Especially at $599. I don’t even like to buy a pin without playing let alone a topper that I haven’t even seen pictures of. That makes no sense to me. At least cointaker has a great option if Sterns doesn’t pan out.

#7231 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No way can I buy the topper right now blindly. Especially at $599. I don’t even like to buy a pin without playing let alone a topper that I haven’t even seen pictures of. That makes no sense to me. At least cointaker has a great option if Sterns doesn’t pan out.

Why wouldn’t it “pan out” ?? Codes in place on last two updates. It’s going to happen and it’s going to be badass.

#7232 3 years ago

Question...

I just bought a pinsound upgrade for my TSPP. Speaker, shaker, soundboard etc.

Anyways... I was thinking...

Would it make sense to upgrade my ST Speakers and pass the ST speakers down to the Simpsons Machine?

I’m not sure of the speaker quality of a Premium Machine. If they are not as good, it would still be an upgrade to both machines.

Thoughts?

#7233 3 years ago

Hey guys.. Ive been under the hood a bit more than expected on the new pin (premium). Getting the no input signal for the projector. Played with the hdmi and connections. Started working again, but seems to load up slow. Is yours slow to fire up? It failed again this morning. I have an email to stern. I will say the TK lock has been working great for us. One last thing.. I had a constant dim glow from the monster hunting playfield light. I think I read it may be a short? Thanks! Btw - we are loving this pin..

#7234 3 years ago

I have a couple inserts that do the same thing. Not really sure what it means or what can be done--does not really bother me though.

#7235 3 years ago

Hi Guys, sorry if it’s been asked 100 times but would you suggest getting a premium over a pro? I would have the UV kit on both but note sure if projector is worth the extra?

#7236 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hey guys.. Ive been under the hood a bit more than expected on the new pin (premium). Getting the no input signal for the projector. Played with the hdmi and connections. Started working again, but seems to load up slow. Is yours slow to fire up? It failed again this morning. I have an email to stern. I will say the TK lock has been working great for us. One last thing.. I had a constant dim glow from the monster hunting playfield light. I think I read it may be a short? Thanks! Btw - we are loving this pin..

Constant dim glow is probably a bad board and Stern warranty claim.

Try getting a new, quality Class 10 SD card and putting a brand new game image on it, then replace the crappy SD card Stern ships their pins with. This behavior can be a failing/bad SD card.

Instructions on how to do it here, as well as game images to put on it:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Why wouldn’t it “pan out” ?? Codes in place on last two updates. It’s going to happen and it’s going to be badass.

your really making a big assumption it’s going to be badass.

#7238 3 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Hi Guys, sorry if it’s been asked 100 times but would you suggest getting a premium over a pro? I would have the UV kit on both but note sure if projector is worth the extra?

Bought the pro and zero regrets. Too many issues with the TK ball lock. I didn’t like the look of the projector white on the ramps and where the ramp is. For me not worth the extra money and those two extras don’t add to the game over the pro for me and wasn’t worth the extra cost. Got a demo pro for $5300 shipped with warranty.

#7239 3 years ago

Idk.. we love the projector. I think it adds a ton to the game. Something you just don't see on other pins. Our TK lock is working fine out of the box (although others are struggling) and is pretty sweet. The demogorgan bouncing around adds a little as well. Ive seen premiums for as low as 6500 so the gap between used pro and premium may be less than the msrp gap. Really happy with the premium.. plus that's the one the Mrs wanted..

#7240 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Bought the pro and zero regrets. Too many issues with the TK ball lock. I didn’t like the look of the projector white on the ramps and where the ramp is. For me not worth the extra money and those two extras don’t add to the game over the pro for me and wasn’t worth the extra cost. Got a demo pro for $5300 shipped with warranty.

110% trick up the Pro!

#7241 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Question...
I just bought a pinsound upgrade for my TSPP. Speaker, shaker, soundboard etc.
Anyways... I was thinking...
Would it make sense to upgrade my ST Speakers and pass the ST speakers down to the Simpsons Machine?
I’m not sure of the speaker quality of a Premium Machine. If they are not as good, it would still be an upgrade to both machines.
Thoughts?

I've only added an 8" sub and sounds fantastic, just need to tweak EQ settings

#7242 3 years ago

$600? Would have to be way cooler than the black knight and I don't see that happening.

#7243 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the pin stadium “things” uv kit? Whats your opinion? I have the regular uv kit installed but the ramp glow looks cool.

#7244 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Has anyone installed the pin stadium “things” uv kit? Whats your opinion? I have the regular uv kit installed but the ramp glow looks cool.

Had it on my game for testing when it first came out. Outside of it being cheaper than the stern kit, I preferred the stern kit in every way.

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had it on my game for testing when it first came out. Outside of it being cheaper than the stern kit, I preferred the stern kit in every way.

Ok. So if i have the stern kit, adding this one has no benefit

#7246 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Ok. So if i have the stern kit, adding this one has no benefit

Oh yeah. This is a one or the other thing for sure.

#7247 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great. Thanks

#7248 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

$600? Would have to be way cooler than the black knight and I don't see that happening.

It’s going to be tough to equal or top the BK topper. I love it and it looks great and the flame effects with the helmet moving plus the SR call outs is a home run.

#7249 3 years ago

Hopefully this is why it’s taking so long. They want to get it right and don’t want to rush out some pos. Maybe $599 will be a bargain ie Ecto1 topper. We will see.

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Has anyone tried them both at the same time? The PS one tends to light up the ramps more. That's the only difference I've noticed. I thought it would be cool to have both of them. Now, that would be expensive...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.