IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 448.
#7101 3 years ago

Contact stern for a different left ramp cover. It’s adjustable. I didn’t need it but they say it helps. They also have updated PDFs for more tweaks to do but it’s essentially everything we’ve already tried.

Contact stern support if you want to get any of it. They’ve been very slow to respond to me though.

#7102 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Contact stern for a different left ramp cover. It’s adjustable. I didn’t need it but they say it helps. They also have updated PDFs for more tweaks to do but it’s essentially everything we’ve already tried.
Contact stern support if you want to get any of it. They’ve been very slow to respond to me though.

Thanks Chuck, I'll definitely open a ticket with Stern on this. Maybe the ramp cover will help in my case. I would encourage others reading this who have not been able to get the TK lock working correctly to also open tickets. The more tickets that are opened will increase visibility and the odds for a fix.

#7103 3 years ago

Problem is they don’t know much more than we do on a possible fix. Gonna be up to us to fix it unfortunately. They’ll help but I doubt they are working on a universal fix.

#7104 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Is Clelands 1.0.1 code out already? Can't wait to get it installed

Finally caught up to the 1.01 code. Shoot me a PM if you have not heard from me.

Happy New Year!

#7105 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Thanks Chuck, I'll definitely open a ticket with Stern on this. Maybe the ramp cover will help in my case. I would encourage others reading this who have not been able to get the TK lock working correctly to also open tickets. The more tickets that are opened will increase visibility and the odds for a fix.

I have one open for TK as well. My demogorgan also shoots low too.

#7106 3 years ago

I don’t want to open a can of worms here but I’m new to pins an I’m wondering about glass upgrades. Do the new pins like ST come with the best glass available or are there upgrades available?

Is so... recommendations? Is it worth it?

Thank you

#7107 3 years ago

I’ve seen PDI and sterns HD. I think they are comparable and the stern ones cheaper.

#7108 3 years ago

All good points---it does have a mind of its own sometimes. I will get several real nice in a row and then a couple fails. No rhyme or reason. Which makes me want to keep adjusting it. Like you I will probably chase perfection as long as I own it--which will be a long time. Its still a great game. The fans do help but I still sense some fade contributing at times. Like vireland says it seems there had to be easier and better technology--I was thinking the pop up jump ramp too.
The machine broke ground in many things--it was bound to have issues.

#7109 3 years ago

Just glad I have my trouble free pro to play. Sorry you premium owners are having such issues.

#7110 3 years ago

Make no mistake the plusses far out weigh the minuses---the projector alone to me is worth the price of admission. They are all great games.

#7111 3 years ago

The SDTM boys lay it out perfectly in their 10 most underrated machines that just came out. Right on the money--check it out if you have not seen it.

#7112 3 years ago

I noticed two other minor details this morning, but I doubt they will make any difference:

1. The white rod was misaligned from moving the left ramp in earlier adjustments. I left the shims in the back but adjusted the ramp a bit more so that the white rod was not partially obstructed. The rod always worked, but maybe over time could have been an issue if it kept hitting the underneath of the ramp. And since I seem to get the white rod far more often than the back wall lock, I figured I better adjust it.

2. I also decided to remove the small decorative plastic piece that hides the deflector, so that I could hold the ruler perfectly straight when measuring (it was in the way a little). That made a tiny difference, but only was off about 1/64". So, I'm back to 25/32" per factory specs. I'm leaving it alone at this point and opening the case because all the measurements are exactly as directed in the factory sheet, and that is the first thing they'll want to verify, I'm sure.

#7113 3 years ago

Happy New Year !! Tuning the TK lock while frustrating is totally achievable. Follow chuckwurt advice and the advice of others and you should be able to get it to lock almost every time with a good shot. The key is a GOOD shot. Rolling a half assed shot up there will not get it done. Aiming for the outside of the ramp seems to have a higher success rate then when the ball enters the ramp towards the right. I was in the same boat but with some patience and trial an error it can be achieved. Just my two cents.

#7114 3 years ago

The detail that made the most difference for me is making sure the ball just...and i mean just clears the diverter plate at the top of the rod. That is paramount.

#7115 3 years ago

From a trap on mine, inside and outside shots go, as well as some wobblers. If it’s a clean shot it should go up there so fast that the magnet barely can keep it from running past the backboard. Haha

#7116 3 years ago

Has anyone else been able to pull off this 2-in-1 shot? From a trap of two balls on the right flipper, if you do a single flip at the right time, one ball will rip the spinner (left orbit) and the other will go around the Burn It Back loop. I think it's a lot of fun to simultaneously make these two shots, since they go in opposite directions.

#7117 3 years ago

Also....time to brag lol

What a game I just had! First time getting to Final Showdown on newest code. The Snow Ball mode is a lot of fun as well. You can spend a long time just in this mode racking in even more points.

Couldn't have done it without the support of this thread and PinMonk 's Tibetan Breeze Cooling kit. Much thanks.

Wonderful machine, very underrated!

20210102_121342 (resized).jpg20210102_121342 (resized).jpg
#7118 3 years ago
Quoted from board1315gamer:

Also....time to brag lol
What a game I just had! First time getting to Final Showdown on newest code. The Snow Ball mode is a lot of fun as well. You can spend a long time just in this mode racking in even more points.
Couldn't have done it without the support of this thread and vireland 's Tibetan Breeze Cooling kit. Much thanks.
[quoted image]

WOW! That's some score. How long was the game?

#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WOW! That's some score. How long was the game?

I'm not sure. I'm thinking at least 45 minutes.

#7120 3 years ago

Also....time to brag lol
Couldn't have done it without the support of this thread and vireland 's Tibetan Breeze Cooling kit. Much thanks.
[quoted image]

Highest score I’ve seen. Amazing!!

#7121 3 years ago

Dear Brian, Lonnie and Mike,
The posters of pinside NST Club wish you a Happy New Year;

We love your fantastic game Netflix Stranger Things. But please for the love of god, find away or add an adjustment or something so that when demodog starts you can still start modes.

Thanks,
The Bouncers of the Stranger Things Club.

#7122 3 years ago

Play better Neil! Start the mode first!

#7123 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play better Neil! Start the mode first!

lol- I knew someone would say that! Hence the adjustment

I just think the difference that foot mode in turtles made when Dwight changed that and I think this would be a bigger benefit.

#7124 3 years ago

Here it’s not nearly as intrusive. You can still advance demogorgon modes and TK multiball. Just no chapter modes.

Just keep lighting and collecting mystery. Made you’ll get start chapter mode. Haha

#7125 3 years ago

Finally joined the club. Fun fast game.

1A2963BC-95B7-4A51-B7DD-EFEF32F5C87D (resized).jpeg1A2963BC-95B7-4A51-B7DD-EFEF32F5C87D (resized).jpeg
#7126 3 years ago

I seem to have lost a target decal on my Prem. Assuming I can’t find it or the adhesive is worn off, I’ll need to check the good bag to see if there are extra.

#7127 3 years ago

Also....time to brag lol
[quoted image]

Those purple speaker lights look great. Where from?

#7128 3 years ago

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

Unfortunately out of stock right now.

#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I seem to have lost a target decal on my Prem. Assuming I can’t find it or the adhesive is worn off, I’ll need to check the good bag to see if there are extra.

There are replacements in the goodie bag.

#7130 3 years ago

Is there a way to disable the match thing after each game? Don’t need it in free play mode. Tried setting match to zero percent and turned off free game award but no effect. Thanks!

#7132 3 years ago

In the club at least temporarily as I have a ST Pro on rental. I have a couple issues I don't see mentioned on the topic index:

1) When the ball is rolling down the left orbit it tends to return to the right sling or right flipper, watching folks on Twitch streams, this does not seem correct at all, are there any good guides on adjusting the rail? Perhaps I'm tilted to the left and its just barely glancing that standup?

2) I sometimes get a ball stuck on the right side of the pop bumpers at the top of the inside guide for the right orbit, its annoying but i can usually nudge it off

Now I'm off to read 143 pages of jibber-jabber.

#7133 3 years ago

1) try this video. It may help you. I never had to physically adjust the guide, just had to level the game a tad to the left.

2) not sure here but try to adjust the ball gate or put a different rubber up there if it’s getting caught on that.

#7134 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1) try this video. It may help you. I never had to physically adjust the guide, just had to level the game a tad to the left.
2) not sure here but try to adjust the ball gate or put a different rubber up there if it’s getting caught on that.

Thank you! My saucer is way off too, its headed into the middle of the drop targets currently.

#7135 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Thank you! My saucer is way off too, its headed into the middle of the drop targets currently.

For that it’s supposed to hit the drops per Brian Eddy but some of use like how it can be adjusted to go through the burn it back loop. Once you get that dialed I suggest dropping a little blue lock tite on the nuts that hold the saucer hood in place. It tends to work itself out of adjustment after lots of plays if you don’t.

#7136 3 years ago

Is there a way to disable the match thing after each game? Don’t need it in free play mode. Tried setting match to zero percent and turned off free game award but no effect. Thanks!

In the settings there is a match percentage setting. Setting it to off will eliminate the match animation at the end of the game.

#7137 3 years ago

install novelty.

#7138 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

In the settings there is a match percentage setting. Setting it to off will eliminate the match animation at the end of the game.

that did the trick, thanks!

#7139 3 years ago

A4846DED-29D8-41C6-8CFC-0391C4730626 (resized).jpegA4846DED-29D8-41C6-8CFC-0391C4730626 (resized).jpeg

Well that was a unique air ball resting spot

#7140 3 years ago

Hello Pinsider,

I joined the club with an LE last weekend.

I read most of the thread and did all the improvements on my game.

Now it works almost perfect. The only problem is that the projector doesn‘t stay in focus.

I think the adjustment/focus wheel turns a little bit because of the shaker motor and all the coils etc.!

Does someone has the same issue?
20D27383-4ABA-4B9A-9E82-4E02F04600F2 (resized).jpeg20D27383-4ABA-4B9A-9E82-4E02F04600F2 (resized).jpeg

#7141 3 years ago

A fresh LE?!? Nice.

The cover to the wheel. Does it have foam on the inside of it? That is what’s making a tiny adjustment to the focus when you put it back.

Also, remember it takes 15-20 mins to turn on completely and warm up. It will look very out of focus until that point. Don’t adjust focus until it’s been one for a while.

#7142 3 years ago

Took a two hour ride yesterday to finally play some Stern games for the first time. (sadly my arcade doesn’t carry any). And I fell in love with Stranger Things. Have been obsessing over it all day. Can anyone point me in the direction of a distributor that has an LE in stock? Also, how much should an LE cost? I’ve seen some on the boards for $8200 and one being sold by a distributor for $10k.
I prefer NIB but don’t want to pay that much.
Thanks

#7143 3 years ago

Try Trent at tilt amusements and Zach at Flip n Out.

I’d be surprised if either charged anything close to 10k if they they have one.

#7144 3 years ago

Hello.. joined the club today.. need some help. I am getting a random ball save. Anyone had that problem. Running the newest Cleland code. Thanks! Awesome game.. loving it.

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Hello.. joined the club today.. need some help. I am getting a random ball save. Anyone had that problem. Running the newest Cleland code. Thanks! Awesome game.. loving it.

It has a left lane ball save when “cast of protection” is lit. Is that what you’re getting or something else??

#7146 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Took a two hour ride yesterday to finally play some Stern games for the first time. (sadly my arcade doesn’t carry any). And I fell in love with Stranger Things. Have been obsessing over it all day. Can anyone point me in the direction of a distributor that has an LE in stock? Also, how much should an LE cost? I’ve seen some on the boards for $8200 and one being sold by a distributor for $10k.
I prefer NIB but don’t want to pay that much.
Thanks

Pinballs.com has it in stock according to their website.

#7147 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A fresh LE?!? Nice.
The cover to the wheel. Does it have foam on the inside of it? That is what’s making a tiny adjustment to the focus when you put it back.
Also, remember it takes 15-20 mins to turn on completely and warm up. It will look very out of focus until that point. Don’t adjust focus until it’s been one for a while.

Hi Erik,

I thought the same with that foam.

I‘ve to adjust it a little out of focus and after putting in the wheel should jump in the correct (focused) position.

I‘ll try it now (after my morning coffee).

Today is holiday in Austria & covid19 lockdown.

I think the Demogorgon will get many many bashes today.

btw: I watched all your gameplay videos in the last week. After the last STDM video with Code 1.0 and Cleland‘s sound I grabed my LE.

You‘re a really great guy @chuckwurt.

Thank you!

...& also for your improvement video.

#YouTubeAcademyAtItsBest

But I can‘t the saucer in the correct position that the ball goes around the loop more than 4-5 times.

After these tries the metal is out of the correct position and the ball only gets up to the switch.

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

It has a left lane ball save when “cast of protection” is lit. Is that what you’re getting or something else??

No.. its pretty random.. like the game thinks I've lost a ball. Actually says "ball saved" and kicks another out. Then we end up with 2 balls and registers both. Its odd for sure.

#7149 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No.. its pretty random.. like the game thinks I've lost a ball. Actually says "ball saved" and kicks another out. Then we end up with 2 balls and registers both. Its odd for sure.

Check your ball trough opto board connectors. Bend the pins out a little so it grabs the connector better. Sounds like one of them is an intermittent connection with vibration, briefly registering a ball in the trough that isn't there when the power is lost in a blip.

#7150 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

After these tries the metal is out of the correct position and the ball only gets up to the switch.

Put lock tite (blue) on the two nuts that are on the metal hood above the saucer. That will keep it in place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.