• Pro 47 votes
    33%
  • Premium 32 votes
    22%
  • LE 64 votes
    45%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 304 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200221_142058 (resized).jpg
20200221_134117 (resized).jpg
360001F7-647E-435E-9D02-5DDD333D595C (resized).jpeg
E73FD2B5-CE42-4891-98F8-EAA882AFCA88 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200221_094254252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpg
0DA0C71B-90C3-403F-BF59-53EF290DFC69 (resized).jpeg
77A560B9-3C10-4DB9-AE97-DE14A4BFA9D8 (resized).jpeg
8467E39C-ED7D-4D41-A9B5-A3CE7EF19034 (resized).jpeg
20200219_153513 (resized).jpg
20200219_153527 (resized).jpg
20200219_153534 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F788E0A7-6B51-4012-9138-41ECE8E8CD86 (resized).jpeg
F4020674-00A8-41DB-B3D1-1AFECAB2A44A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1974 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 40.
#652 35 days ago

Its archived on twitch you can watch it right now. deadflip\twitch.tv something like that....

Quoted from YZRider926:

When does Jack usually put the streams on YouTube? Didn’t get a chance to check it out last night.

#653 35 days ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

When does Jack usually put the streams on YouTube? Didn’t get a chance to check it out last night.

Try this:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/537124523

#655 35 days ago

Thanks for the replies. I’ll try and watch some with the kids. They all like the show.

#656 35 days ago

edit - im behind.

#657 35 days ago

Saw a bit of the stream.

I know it was tough making the ramp with the backboard magnet lock, but I didn't see what happens when you lock one, and then drained. The ball just drops?

Anyone get 3 balls locked back there?

#658 35 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Saw a bit of the stream.
I know it was tough making the ramp with the backboard magnet lock, but I didn't see what happens when you lock one, and then drained. The ball just drops?

Not certain, but it seemed like the premium still has the lock post that does the first ball, just like the pro. A static ball is on the backboard that is magnetized and physically locks 2 and 3. The post the grabs the 3rd free ball, and the 2 stuck to the static ball, and post held ball come down for multiball.

I could be wrong, but thats what it looked like to me.

#659 35 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Saw a bit of the stream.

Lock one, it holds the whole game between players and all.

Locks another and it holds both. Same thing. If Say player 2 steps up with one ball locked, when they lock one it passes through leaving the other on the board and gets credit for lock one. Then if player 2 locks the second that will be added to the backboard.

The balls release when someone starts MB.

You cannot steal locks.

#660 35 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lock one, it holds the whole game between players and all.
Locks another and it holds both. Same thing. If Say player 2 steps up with one ball locked, when they lock one it passes through leaving the other on the board and gets credit for lock one. Then if player 2 locks the second that will be added to the backboard.
The balls release when someone starts MB.
You cannot steal locks.

This, makes much more sense now!

To this point if you want to check out the 35min mark of the stream Brian Eddy goes through an entire rotation on his own (magnet locks all 3 and starts mb)

#661 35 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

In terms of shaker motors, I know its a code thing, and will improve, but has anyone played this with a shaker yet? If so what do you think? This game seems like it would be perfect for one. Also, my apologies if this has been asked a billion times, but what kind do people normally get?

I bought one from pinball life (their brand, not the stern brand), and I like it. Adds more feedback to the game. That being said, however, I think the motor should be utilized more often as in the demogorgon mode; I think instead of the motor shaking only when u kill the monster, it should also shake whenever u hit the bash toy, not necessarily when it goes in his mouth. Just my 2 cents. I like it though.

#662 35 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I bought one from pinball life (their brand, not the stern brand), and I like it. Adds more feedback to the game. That being said, however, I think the motor should be utilized more often as in the demogorgon mode; I think instead of the motor shaking only when u kill the monster, it should also shake whenever u hit the bash toy, not necessarily when it goes in his mouth. Just my 2 cents. I like it though.

Thanks for that, also I noticed someone in the other thread replied to your ramp issue, said they had the same thing happen. Might be worth checking out. Again, great community .

Personal preference, but try turning your flipper power down, see how you like it.

#663 35 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks for that, also I noticed someone in the other thread replied to your ramp issue, said they had the same thing happen. Might be worth checking out. Again, great community .
Personal preference, but try turning your flipper power down, see how you like it.

Thanks bud! I got that replacement node board in this morning and swapped it out and back to working good again! AND I got this today: my best score ever!!! Man that playfield was lit up!!

6ADC117D-DBB9-45B7-A110-A1D3A990882B (resized).jpeg
#664 35 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

my best score ever!!! Man that playfield was lit up!!

This game is Dark Souls II after BKSOR.

#665 35 days ago

I see your score and raise you one. Not Mine, but my buddies GC.
5FDCD16C-114B-4E19-BBE0-A171EEC14C20 (resized).jpeg

#666 35 days ago

Well. Frustrated again. The ramp died on me again just 2 hours after replacing the board that stern tech support sent me today ! Ahhhhh!!!! Called stern again and they’re sending me out another board AND a replacement motor as well. Maybe my machine has a bad motor and it’s burning out the board? Idk. But this sure is frustrating. Weekend is here and I can’t play again. I’m beginning to re-think this purchase now..........

#667 35 days ago

Hey guys. How soon should I wax my playfield? My machine is less then a week old and I’m not sure how much time should pass before I throw a coat of wax on. Any suggestions ? I’m starting to see ball trails on the ball exit lane onto the playfield. It’s getting me worried.

#668 35 days ago

I'm having issues with the ball lock not dropping low enough to release the ball. Would I be an idiot for sanding it a bit to clear the ball properly? As it stands I'm having to open the game everytime I lock the ball...or wait for the game to kick the stuck ball a couple times to fool itself into the 3rd ball being locked and start off the multi ball. Thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

#669 35 days ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

I'm having issues with the ball lock not dropping low enough to release the ball. Would I be an idiot for sending it a bit to clear the ball properly? As it stands I'm having to open the game everytime I lock the ball...or wait for the game to kick the stuck ball a couple times to fool itself into the 3rd ball being locked and start off the multi ball. Thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t do that. As u can see from my earlier posts, stern tech support will help out. Customer service is spot on. Call them. They’re may be an adjustment u can make

#670 35 days ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

I'm having issues with the ball lock not dropping low enough to release the ball. Would I be an idiot for sending it a bit to clear the ball properly? As it stands I'm having to open the game everytime I lock the ball...or wait for the game to kick the stuck ball a couple times to fool itself into the 3rd ball being locked and start off the multi ball. Thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

This almost sounds like the rod isn’t pushed down in the hole enough (that’s what she said). The rod is a compression fit into the up down mechanism, is it pushed in all the way?

#671 35 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This almost sounds like the rod isn’t pushed down in the hole enough (that’s what she said). The rod is a compression fit into the up down mechanism, is it pushed in all the way?

I think its bottomed out. I've pushed on it pretty firmly and it's not going anywhere...

#672 35 days ago

My portal to the upside down / Will communication station in the basement. (Ok it’s a lava wall my wife did for the tiki bar and some Christmas lights, but a boy can dream)

02415269-F038-4BF8-8977-50EE8328CDB7 (resized).jpeg9536251A-85D3-4567-84F9-DFF23FE9A9C4 (resized).jpeg
#673 35 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Hey guys. How soon should I wax my playfield? My machine is less then a week old and I’m not sure how much time should pass before I throw a coat of wax on. Any suggestions ? I’m starting to see ball trails on the ball exit lane onto the playfield. It’s getting me worried.

When painting a car with a base coat + clear coat application you wait at least 30 days, before waxing (I use to professionally paint cars).
Paint (clear coat) has solvents that need to evaporate off, wax builds a seal on top of the paint so that it’s very hard for solvent to evaporate.

The playfields pooling that Stern had issues with this last August + September were partially due to the clear still being soft because they still had not yet hardened and cured thoroughly (solvents aired out).

Just my 2 cents, Either way flip it and dig it.

#674 35 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Trails are going to happen, I'd rather have them in the topcoat of wax..I wax mine before the first ball played and usually every other week, but I play my games a lot.. I clean with Novus 1 and a soft microfiber when ball trails appear... Everyone has their own technique, but I've found in the return lanes where the ball will create trails , I clean, then use my finger and really rub the wax (Blitz Wax) into those areas then let dry for 20 minutes then very lightly remove with the MF towel... It seems to really seal the wax into the clear, as opposed to sponge application... Also, you may consider changing your slings, rings, etc to non rubber factory, as those will shed and contribute to the lines reappearing

#675 35 days ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

I'm having issues with the ball lock not dropping low enough to release the ball. Would I be an idiot for sanding it a bit to clear the ball properly? As it stands I'm having to open the game everytime I lock the ball...or wait for the game to kick the stuck ball a couple times to fool itself into the 3rd ball being locked and start off the multi ball. Thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

It’s possible your game is not steep enough.

#676 34 days ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

I think its bottomed out. I've pushed on it pretty firmly and it's not going anywhere...

Take the post out and make sure the plastic part of the post is all the way it. It’s starting to work itself loose.

#677 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Clean ball trails with novus 1 or 2. Wax whenever you see fit. But I don’t do it often on new games. Only when I can noticeably see the game slowing down.

Every 500 plays at least between waxes.

#678 34 days ago

I've already waxed mine twice (under 50 plays) with real carnuba wax and it looks and plays great. I see minimal dimples too, maybe it's just the Cali weather, but my playfield looks great and mine was a December 19th build date.

#679 34 days ago

Is there a reason why I’m getting ball trails so soon though on a machine a couple days out of the box?

#680 34 days ago

This really is a GREAT theme with very broad appeal.

Even my wife and kids are excited about getting this game. That hasn't happened in a LONG time.

My wife likes Elvira because its relatively easy shots to hit and just flip for fun.

Stranger Things has the potential to end up being a huge seller for Stern as the code develops.

Video, audio and call outs should be as good as it gets at the end of the day. Only Alien should beat it on that front and its phenomenal.

So don't F it up Eddy, Mike and Lonnie

#681 34 days ago

I don't own this pin but I scored a decent game over the holidays. I personally really enjoy the game. It's had not to get paranoid by the "other thread' but my wife and daughter want it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-stranger-things-pro/scores

#682 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there a reason why I’m getting ball trails so soon though on a machine a couple days out of the box?

Yes. The crappy stock black rubber dirties things up quick. I use translucent ones from Titan.

#683 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. The crappy stock black rubber dirties things up quick. I use translucent ones from Titan.

Link???

#684 34 days ago

Chuckwurt, will my manual tell me all the sizes and quantities of all the rubbers that I will need for my machine? I want to get the best ones that I can.

#685 34 days ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've already waxed mine twice (under 50 plays) with real carnuba wax and it looks and plays great. I see minimal dimples too, maybe it's just the Cali weather, but my playfield looks great and mine was a December 19th build date.

Your flipper power suggestion is a big part I believe. Mine looks fantastic. I even took it to 180 to live life on the edge.

#686 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Chuckwurt, will my manual tell me all the sizes and quantities of all the rubbers that I will need for my machine? I want to get the best ones that I can.

No. But this game has like 10 rubbers in it.

Titan pinball google it. Get the one of their bulk packs or sample packs. That will be plenty and you’ll have extras.

#687 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Did you clean your balls? Serious question.

#688 34 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Did you clean your balls? Serious question.

I did. I bought ninja balls from ball barons. The nice and shiny ones. I wiped them off real good too.

#689 34 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. But this game has like 10 rubbers in it.
Titan pinball google it. Get the one of their bulk packs or sample packs. That will be plenty and you’ll have extras.

chuckwurt , can you show pics of the translucent rubber you have installed on your machine ? I’m trying to get an idea for colors for my machine.

#690 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

chuckwurt , can you show pics of the translucent rubber you have installed on your machine ? I’m trying to get an idea for colors for my machine.

I don’t have them in this game yet.

#691 34 days ago

Ok

#692 34 days ago

Looking very forward to this Thursday acquiring the pro version. This is actually my first machine that's being delivered w/ white glove treatment. I've had 60+ machines in & out, as we all know that transporting these bulky wood boxes is all part of the fun.

I'm possibly thinking about smoking a stogy & sipping a glass of Chateau while the delivery guys drop-ship & set up. I will definitely give them a tip just for this out of the ordinary luxury. The only thing missing is > Alexa, turn on the pinball machines.

#693 34 days ago

Just unboxed and played our Pro. Me and my 9 yr old love it. No problems sinking the ball in the demogorgan. Haven't updated the code yet.
The game is fast and a drain monster when hitting the center targets, hopefully they add some code for a ball save when hitting that shot.

#694 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I did all purple PerfectPlay Rubber. In the manual it will tell you all the sizes you need.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-flipper-rubber-standard-size.html

#695 34 days ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Just unboxed and played our Pro. Me and my 9 yr old love it. No problems sinking the ball in the demogorgan. Haven't updated the code yet.
The game is fast and a drain monster when hitting the center targets, hopefully they add some code for a ball save when hitting that shot.

The best part, a game you can play with your 9 yr old and he gets the show, loves the theme

#696 34 days ago

Just got notification from my distributor..
looks like LE will ship my way next week!

#697 34 days ago

I think this game has all the making of a masterpiece. I truly believe this. It is going to be such a deep game as it fleshes out. The projector will not only create incredible atmosphere and mood , but enhance gameplay in countless ways.

I predict in 6 months to a year , sentiment will turn a full 180.

Maybe I’m wrong. Time will tell. Let’s see. That said , I must admit reading the criticism on forums has created a sense of fear for me. But my gut keeps telling me not too be influenced by this. There’s no chance in hell I’m backing out of my purchase. This just looks so amazing from my perspective.

#698 34 days ago

I'm still waiting to hear when mine will ship. Hope to get it this week. Just got home from the local brewery and my 9 year old kicked my butt. He got to the third demogorgon mode. I've only ever seen the first one. He wasn't even going for the modes and kicked my butt. Beat me by 40mil on one game lol.

He can't wait for our machine to be here. Pretty sure he would have stayed all day but I ran out of quarters. He absolutely refused to play any other game there and they have some great games. Metallica, Willy Wonka, JP, Monster Bash, Star Trek, and a bunch of others. Just would not play anything else.

We also were playing the Visual Pinball original by orbital pinball today for a good while. Asked him which was better and he said the real one by far.

Getting anxious waiting for ours to come. Hope it's here soon.

#699 34 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The best part, a game you can play with your 9 yr old and he gets the show, loves the theme

Exactly...this is my first NIB game and the first one out of my collection and hobby my 13yo son has shown any interest.
He actually keeps asking when it will be here!

#700 34 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

All pinball machines get ball trails, even with Titans, etc.

If you don't already own JP or Maiden, I can't see why anyone would buy this game instead? Keith spoiled us with 2 of the best games ever made. After watching a few streams now, Stranger Things seems to fall way short. I still look forward to playing it though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Sale Pending!
Davie, FL
There are 1974 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside