IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 448.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Won’t keep me from playing it though!

Just dont beat the shit out of the ramp at the expense of playing, haha.

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just dont beat the shit out of the ramp at the expense of playing, haha.

Not possible, as it won’t come down AT ALL.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

My game has 0 plays, and will 100 percent have dimples tonight . Sounds odd but overtime they do blend in, happened on my Metallica, will happen on my Stranger Things, and will happen on almost any machine I play from today till the end of time. As someone totally new, it can be frustrating, but I promise once you learn your way around the machine itll be no big deal.
The important thing is not to get frustrated, because you will just get more frustrated. When I first changed the plastic protectors on my Metallica I snapped another piece I was working on, and wanted to throw the damn thing in the wood chipper. I slept on it, did my due diligence and consulted the great community of pinside, and got it fixed up. Once I got the bugs worked out ive had easily over 1000 plays with 0 issue. Right , wrong , or indifferent, you WILL be working on this machine.

Thanks for the words man. That’s why I like this community. As someone new in this hobby, I appreciate that. I’m just glad stern has good customer service. They didn’t even ask for info like serial # or whatever. Which surprised me. But whatever. I’m just glad they were cool about it.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx for posting, looks very cool. I wonder if people will be concerned about the arcade sign spinning too fast, lol.

LOL, I still like the physical mod you made way better. It has much more vivid colors and really pops out!!

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Thanks for the words man. That’s why I like this community. As someone new in this hobby, I appreciate that. I’m just glad stern has good customer service. They didn’t even ask for info like serial # or whatever. Which surprised me. But whatever. I’m just glad they were cool about it.

its an AMAZING community. super thankful for people like chuckwurt and countless others who allow us to bother the piss out of them with stupid noob questions .

wait till you attend your first pinball show/convention. i HATE crowds, but never had such a great time at a convention in my life as i did @ pincinnati . everyone is just genuinely happy and having fun, hard to explain in words, but it truly is a strong community.

#606 4 years ago

Has anyone considered modifying the left saucer so that it doesn't kick to the upper right and instead to the lower right? I've heard from a few people that on their machines if the demogorgon ramp is down the saucer is just firing the ball directly into the side of it.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

wait till you attend your first pinball show/convention. i HATE crowds, but never had such a great time at a convention in my life as i did @ pincinnati . everyone is just genuinely happy and having fun, hard to explain in words, but it truly is a strong community.

This is so true I have been to the Orlando, Pittsburgh, and Allentown shows, and every year I find myself playing less pinball and more catching up with friends that I have met through the hobby!

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

This is so true I have been to the Orlando, Pittsburgh, and Allentown shows, and every year I find myself playing less pinball and more catching up with friends that I have met through the hobby!

You actually live in Currituck? LOVE obx! I plan to attend at least 3 shows this year for sure.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Has anyone considered modifying the left saucer so that it doesn't kick to the upper right and instead to the lower right? I've heard from a few people that on their machines if the demogorgon ramp is down the saucer is just firing the ball directly into the side of it.

Weird. Definitely needs adjusted. Should run across the front of the ramp.

When the ramp is up it should hit the furthest right drop target, if that is down it should make its way up the burn it back loop. Some times it can give you an up and back register there which is awesome.

#610 4 years ago

Played a pro last night On location after two hours and being kicked out due to closing i walked away feeling stranger things is a fun pin has that one more game effect

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You actually live in Currituck? LOVE obx! I plan to attend at least 3 shows this year for sure.

Yes I’m in Currituck right off 168 about 15 min from flippers and 40 min from the beach. You have to pass my house to get to both locations if your ever in the area let me know.

#612 4 years ago

Concerning dimpling on our new playfields. Found this gem on YouTube. He explains it all. I had no idea. I’ve never owned a new pinball machine EVER. I just thought Hey, he explained it all right here !

#613 4 years ago

Its such a grey area with everyone's opinions.
I take the video above with a grain of salt.

I am fully stripping my machine when it arrives and getting it recleared. Shouldn't have to I know, but I want it to be nice and its my choice.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I am fully stripping my machine when it arrives and getting it recleared. Shouldn't have to I know, but I want it to be nice and its my choice.

Who’s doing it? Are you receiving any guarantee of its quality? I’d be scared it could screw up my playfield for good.

#615 4 years ago

I've had about 10 done now, all beautiful.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I've had about 10 done now, all beautiful.

Would love to see your game compared to ours in a year. See how your clear is holding up compared to stock.

#617 4 years ago

Ill throw up a full strip down redo thread with all the changes and mods I do.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I just got off the phone with stern tech support about my ramp issue. Tech walked me through a couple different diagnostics tests. And he’s sending me out a new i/o board and a new motor just in case. Told me to try the board first and if that doesn’t work, then swap out motor as well. I’m happy with the customer service of stern, but not happy that this issue has occurred. Especially since it’s my first NIB purchase. I mean. 6k for a new machine! Where’s the QC at? A little frustrated if you can’t tell.

Had my Stranger Things since Christmas Eve. Fortunately I spend more time looking for dimples on wifey booty than on my playfields.

#619 4 years ago

Sweet. Excited to see it.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Wifey was noticing the little dimples on the playfield too. She wasn’t happy about that. Anyone else getting these ?

Had my Stranger Things since Christmas Eve no issues.
Fortunately I spent more time looking for dimples on Wifeys booty than on my playfields. All good!

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yep.

Pinball is awesome. Pinball maintenance sucks.

Most important thing in troubleshooting: Always try the simplest solution first. Then next most simple. Then next.

Unfortunately with the Stern Spike games, there are no fuses, so it's usually a loose connector SOMEWHERE or it's a node board.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Its such a grey area with everyone's opinions.
I take the video above with a grain of salt.

Have you recleared any of the latest titles from Stern Bksor, JP onwards?

#623 4 years ago

No. Ive never owned a NIB before. The quality issues have never want me to buy one. But this theme, layout, designer...I cannot say no! Just want to customise to my taste. New cab graphics already at printers.

Past sterns Iron Man, BM Dark Knight and Spider man only ( not including Meteor and Orbitor 1 man that thing was crazy dimpled )

Anyway this is getting off topic...as you were!

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

No. Ive never owned a NIB before. The quality issues have never want me to buy one. But this theme, layout, designer...I cannot say no! Just want to customise to my taste. New cab graphics already at printers.
Past sterns Iron Man, BM Dark Knight and Spider man only ( not including Meteor and Orbitor 1 man that thing was crazy dimpled )

I have a feeling many of us are going to need pics . Can you give a hit on the custom art?

#625 4 years ago

Pretty much plain black. I like understated dark stuff. One of my missions is to get rid of as much as the purple/pink as possible!

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

You have some nice older Sterns there.
Just be aware that Stern are using a playfield decal not screen print onto the timber these days.... hence all the latest pooling and cracking issues... part of the problem is also the clear I know. This is why they now have large bare timber borders around posts etc... so the decal doesn’t wrinkle. And yeah sorry back onto topic.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Had my Stranger Things since Christmas Eve. Fortunately I spend more time looking for dimples on wifey booty than on my playfields.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. Excited to see it.

You know the old saying timing is everything. I just busted out reading these two post in consecutive order although they were replies to different folks.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You know the old saying timing is everything. I just busted out reading these two post in consecutive order although they were replies to different folks.

I was thinking the same thing

#630 4 years ago

Dead Flip stream of the Prem is about to start

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sure thing! Please report back and let me know how it all works out for you. I can nail the Demogorgan shot usually on the first try with a trap on either flipper, sometimes two but I'm pretty consistent. The game is just a blast to shoot, I'm also using Perfectplay flipper rubbers.

Well, I know very little about pinball, but I know 255 is a mistake which is surely why they gave the option to change flipper power so quick.

Playing 255 power at the bar (code didnt allow changes at the time which is why I assume this) - Glass hits almost every game, volleyball all over the place (granted I suck but still).

170 Power - 5 games so far, 0 air balls, and MORE than enough power to hit any shot.

Game feels amazing at these settings. Also - demo hit 1 out of 4 times.

Loving this game

#632 4 years ago

Thanks to Robertstone0407 Idea, I just got these in from Amazon today. Planning on using the USB laser to be triggered by the USB relay when the white GI goes out and only the Purple GI is on in the UpsideDown. Could be a nice effect.

ST Laser Project (resized).JPGST Laser Project (resized).JPG
#633 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks to robertstone0407 Idea, I just got these in from Amazon today. Planning on using the USB laser to be triggered by the USB relay when the white GI goes out and only the Purple GI is on in the UpsideDown. Could be a nice effect.[quoted image]

Please show vid when done if you can thanks!!

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Please show vid when done if you can thanks!!

Yup, will be testing over the weekend and post video and install pictures.

#635 4 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

Steaming the premium. Projector and ball lock are sweet!

#636 4 years ago

Game looks legit. Can’t wait!! Wow!

#637 4 years ago

Projector def looks better IMO in this stream than previously shown.
Game play is very quick and flowy.
Ball lock is cool. Can’t tell how good the rules are, but hopefully become well integrated.
Really hope one of these Premiums/LEs lands locally so I can play in person.

#638 4 years ago

Yeah, leaning towards the Prem now........

Great preview tonight

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Can’t tell how good the rules are, but hopefully become well integrated.

Still way early. Good signs with some of the stuff I saw tonight.

In the end the game will definitely be very challenging to beat.

I hope they add some layers to the multiballs and demo modes. Chapter modes look to be fine. Not too worried about those.

#640 4 years ago

I’m stoked I think it looks great. Much better than the pro stream. I like how pissed the demogorgen looks when it shakes.

#641 4 years ago

Premium and LE has the ramp post too. Every make sure to inspect theirs when they arrive. Make sure it’s nice and snug so it doesn’t pop out.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Had my Stranger Things since Christmas Eve no issues.
Fortunately I spent more time looking for dimples on Wifeys booty than on my playfields. All good!

Send pics.

#643 4 years ago

I think the game looks pretty cool. Congrats to all the premium/LE buyers. I am sure you will be happy with your purchase!

#644 4 years ago

Stream looked great, excited to get my LE. Here's to hoping for a lot more call outs and content on screens, ramps and everything else projection related. Also cool animations/videos on the back box screen, that title logo thing over and over gets old.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

that title logo thing over and over gets old.

I believe Mike mentioned that in the stream and it was more of a filler for now but will be removed as content is added later on.

#646 4 years ago

Quick update on our spinning sign mod..some cosmetic modifications. We've been shipping this version the past week or so and all new orders will look like this. In our pinside shop and on our website.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstranger-things-pinball-interactive-spinning-arcade-sign

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200117084349667_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200117084349667_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_084323 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_084323 (resized).jpg

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quick update on our spinning sign mod..some cosmetic modifications. We've been shipping this version the past week or so and all new orders will look like this.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#648 4 years ago

In terms of shaker motors, I know its a code thing, and will improve, but has anyone played this with a shaker yet? If so what do you think? This game seems like it would be perfect for one. Also, my apologies if this has been asked a billion times, but what kind do people normally get?

#649 4 years ago

I think pinball life has stern authorized ones so get that.

LEs come with a shaker I believe so I’ll report back as soon as mine arrives.

#650 4 years ago

When does Jack usually put the streams on YouTube? Didn’t get a chance to check it out last night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/13?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.