IMG_1393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1396 (resized).jpeg
FcT6O3HXEAAEGVa (resized).jpg
screenshot.5272 (resized).jpg
screenshot.5271 (resized).jpg
screenshot.5270 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 432.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

I did not remove it Chuck--have most removed it? Does not affect anything? That would not affect the demogorgon shot not registering would it?

It could if you removed it. Leave it in.

#6752 3 years ago

I would disconnect all the suspected switches and plug them back in one by one, and testing after each one. Note when things start going crazy to help narrowing down where the issue actually is.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get with your distro and stern and tell them you’re missing them. You’ll get them for free.

Chuck

Stern is sending me a new gate

Also the Ramp cover as it was added after my games build date

Thank you for the help

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would disconnect all the suspected switches and plug them back in one by one, and testing after each one. Note when things start going crazy to help narrowing down where the issue actually is.

I'm going to play around with this tonight. Stern got back to me and said it's being pushed to engineering. So far the track record on engineering responses hasn't been that good.

#6755 3 years ago

Well that was fun.

Took me the entire Kiss Double Platinum album to remove the demogorgon head, remove the plastic spacers and add washers.

Still too high after re-assembly. Not sure what else I can do to force the head lower. If I hold it down by hand, I can make the shot every time.

Can anyone post pictures of an elastic or flipper band fix?

1C9A5FC6-1102-4847-8A25-DB6FFDF460AB (resized).jpeg1C9A5FC6-1102-4847-8A25-DB6FFDF460AB (resized).jpeg2AA6432C-CB4B-4818-B84A-0D285C4B248F (resized).jpeg2AA6432C-CB4B-4818-B84A-0D285C4B248F (resized).jpegF8D3C688-5810-4295-8E61-F0ADBC5009E4 (resized).jpegF8D3C688-5810-4295-8E61-F0ADBC5009E4 (resized).jpeg
#6756 3 years ago

The first time is the hardest. Just don't put the top of the playfield screw in and it's 3 connectors and 2 nuts to pull the demo out in the future. Do you know what the final height of the washers was that you replaced the spacers with?

I've talked to Brian Eddy, the designer, about this and he said on some machines removing the spacers completely is necessary. It's really strange though cause when I made the change to mine initially I only removed 1mm from the height of the spacers and the post on the one way gate in front of the demo was causing it to lean back. That's why I removed it completely. It looks like you still need to remove yours if the last picture is the latest. Also with this fix make sure the screws are tight in those bushings cause you want the demo to return to it's natural resting point.

I know some people think fixing the demo shot to be reliable is cheating but let's be real here. Watching balls fly around when you know for sure it should have gone in is no fun at all. That's not skill it's luck. Mine is not a gimmie but it is a makeable shot and a reliable shot. If you are a good player it should be nearly 100%. It's also clear from the modes that it's expected to make this shot many times in a game. It's why the initial code didn't even have the bash 5 times to kill the demo in it.

I do like that upside down graphic on the ramp. I wonder how it's going to hold up.

9bf71a3ae037f8f5c03f381275218fb4e1dae2dc.jpeg (resized).jpg9bf71a3ae037f8f5c03f381275218fb4e1dae2dc.jpeg (resized).jpg

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The first time is the hardest. Just don't put the top of the playfield screw in and it's 3 connectors and 2 nuts to pull the demo out in the future. Do you know what the final height of the washers was that you replaced the spacers with?
I've talked to Brian Eddy, the designer, about this and he said on some machines removing the spacers completely is necessary. It's really strange though cause when I made the change to mine initially I only removed 1mm from the height of the spacers and the post on the one way gate in front of the demo was causing it to lean back. That's why I removed it completely. It looks like you still need to remove yours if the last picture is the latest. Also with this fix make sure the screws are tight in those bushings cause you want the demo to return to it's natural resting point.
I know some people think fixing the demo shot to be reliable is cheating but let's be real here. Watching balls fly around when you know for sure it should have gone in is no fun at all. That's not skill it's luck. Mine is not a gimmie but it is a makeable shot and a reliable shot. If you are a good player it should be nearly 100%. It's also clear from the modes that it's expected to make this shot many times in a game. It's why the initial code didn't even have the bash 5 times to kill the demo in it.
I do like that upside down graphic on the ramp. I wonder how it's going to hold up.
[quoted image]

I removed the plastic spacers and added 2 washers. I’ll probably take those out next time. The washers I added to tilt the demogorgon forward seemed to do nothing. The demogorgon is still hovering above the hex spacer, but I’ll take that out as well.

Thanks for all the troubleshooting tips everyone. I really like the game, just trying to do the normal dial-in stuff.

#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well that was fun.
Took me the entire Kiss Double Platinum album to remove the demogorgon head, remove the plastic spacers and add washers.
Still too high after re-assembly. Not sure what else I can do to force the head lower. If I hold it down by hand, I can make the shot every time.
Can anyone post pictures of an elastic or flipper band fix?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i literally did this same fix tonight. i got tired of looking at my ugly (but effective)cardboard fix. that topside screw was a PITA. I added washers behind the demo rear mounting screws to tilt him forward, and at first removed the spacers completely (i forgot to add the shorter spacers when reinstalling) once i did this , the shot was makeable but a little too low (i lost all demo movement when it was activated), so i removed and added thick washers in place of the spacers i removed. they were about 40% of the original height. once i reinstalled, the shot was very consistent from a cradle on both flippers, and still had movement (although reduced) on demo activation. since i still have the left ramp off, im going to try adjusting the telekenisis lock while im at it.

#6759 3 years ago

On the fence with STh premium purchase. For those who have had the game for a few months, tell me your thoughts on the game and the code. Big fan of AFM (never leaving my collection). Is this a 'must have game' too?

Thanks!

#6760 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

On the fence with STh premium purchase. For those who have had the game for a few months, tell me your thoughts on the game and the code. Big fan of AFM (never leaving my collection). Is this a 'must have game' too?
Thanks!

#6761 3 years ago

I own a premium and AFM and love them both. They play very different though and Stranger Things is a lot tougher. I 100% suggest STh premium unless you really don’t like games that punish you if you miss your mark.

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Thanks!

I have an AFM that I restored, which is likely never leaving, and an SThLE. This game is AFM on steroids, and the projection mapping and UV effects are things you've never seen on any game before. So if you love AFM, you'll love this game: same shot pattern, more gimmicks. You'll never stop pushing the Start button. I promise.

#6763 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Thanks!

Here’s a stream I just did with newest code and Cleland custom music and callouts. It shows the game off well I think.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/830479010

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I removed the plastic spacers and added 2 washers. I’ll probably take those out next time. The washers I added to tilt the demogorgon forward seemed to do nothing. The demogorgon is still hovering above the hex spacer, but I’ll take that out as well.
Thanks for all the troubleshooting tips everyone. I really like the game, just trying to do the normal dial-in stuff.

One other thing to look at as it could be an optical illusion, but the angles look wrong on the metal mount for the demo. I wasn't able to replicate the first picture you posted with my spare one. Here are a couple of pics of it that hopefully show the angles well and should be easy to replicate. Mine was bent quite a bit from the factory and Stern replaced it. Didn't end up being the final fix for mine but did help. I had bent this one back to what I thought was close to factory and when I got the new one in saw that it was close but still not perfect. I think this one was still leaning back a little and a bit to the left. I wonder if more than one went out bent. I had to bend this one quite a bit to get it close.

IMG_20201208_195111735 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_195111735 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_195122104 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_195122104 (resized).jpg

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Thanks!

Was going to get AFMr SE and after I played a bunch of ST pro I opted to get ST. I just couldn’t get into AFM that much after playing ST and neither could my daughters. I have no regrets. Went with the pro because the premium to me wasn’t worth the extra $2300. I got a demo unit pro for $500 off. Haven’t played the premium so pro works out great for me. UV kit going in tomorrow and other mods to get it ready for the family on Christmas Day.

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Was going to get AFMr SE and after I played a bunch of ST pro I opted to get ST. I just couldn’t get into AFM that much after playing ST and neither could my daughters. I have no regrets. Went with the pro because the premium to me wasn’t worth the extra $2300. I got a demo unit pro for $500 off. Haven’t played the premium so pro works out great for me. UV kit going in tomorrow and other mods to get it ready for the family on Christmas Day.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s a stream I just did with newest code and Cleland custom music and callouts. It shows the game off well I think.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/830479010

Love watching you play, so I can actually hear some of the sound changes I made. I only watched about an hour though. Did you ever get to the Snow Ball dance?
Curious how that sounds with Every Breath You Take I put there.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Love watching you play, so I can actually hear some of the sound changes I made. I only watched about an hour though. Did you ever get to the Snow Ball dance?
Curious how that sounds with Every Breath You Take I put there.

I did not. Only had one decent game and fell way short.

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I did not. Only had one decent game and fell way short.

Hah, it can be a brutal game. I currently have my Pro set to 5 ball, just so I can see a little more

#6770 3 years ago

I just finished doing a fairly extensive switch test after adjusting both under demo demodog targets and the mystery target. I have a number of targets and optos double/triple registering from time to time on a single hit. I now know for sure that the targets that are doing it are not doing it due to mechanical connections. I took a video that I'll be sending to Stern where I demonstrate the issue but it seems like some kind of lag problem. I don't know if it could be due to the network cables between the node boards or something up with the CPU board. This was the machine that would not boot with the stock SD card. I had to put in a top of the line sandisk class 10 card to get it to consistently boot.

The circled targets and optos are having the intermittent issues. When using your finger to slowly trigger the optos it's really clear when you get the double and triple hits. It will be interesting to see what Stern says about it. My money at this point is on a network cable or the cpu board itself.

StrangerThings-Pro-Playfield-Closed-343nfkjanfd-scaled-917x1536 (resized).pngStrangerThings-Pro-Playfield-Closed-343nfkjanfd-scaled-917x1536 (resized).png
#6771 3 years ago

Removed the plastic spacers and hex post spacer. Shots are much more consistent. I’ve been able to get 1-2 per game vs. 1 in 80 games.

Getting that fucker out was a pain, though. Anyway, time to play.

#6772 3 years ago

Yes, there should be a cover over the right ramp. Left ramp has one too. Seems a few got out without one. I mounted hoppers car to mine
[quoted image]

Love that mod. I’ve got Billy’s Camaro as well. Good stuff!!

#6773 3 years ago

I just finished doing a fairly extensive switch test after adjusting both under demo demodog targets and the mystery target. I have a number of targets and optos double/triple registering from time to time on a single hit. I now know for sure that the targets that are doing it are not doing it due to mechanical connections. I took a video that I'll be sending to Stern where I demonstrate the issue but it seems like some kind of lag problem. I don't know if it could be due to the network cables between the node boards or something up with the CPU board. This was the machine that would not boot with the stock SD card. I had to put in a top of the line sandisk class 10 card to get it to consistently boot.
The circled targets and optos are having the intermittent issues. When using your finger to slowly trigger the optos it's really clear when you get the double and triple hits. It will be interesting to see what Stern says about it. My money at this point is on a network cable or the cpu board itself.
[quoted image]

C0untDeM0net I have a Pro as well, and I have noticed getting mystery awards more and more even if my shot doesn't hit there. With the new codes I feel the shot delay has grown. I see it on hitting the Demo as well. Not saying that our issues are the same, but with 1.0 I feel like the CPU can't keep up with the fast action of this game.

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Love that mod. I’ve got Billy’s Camaro as well. Good stuff!!

Same here, I think both look really good in the machine. Once my issues are settled I'll put them back on. I have been removing the ramps so often lately to replace things I didn't want them in the way.

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

C0untDeM0net I have a Pro as well, and I have noticed getting mystery awards more and more even if my shot doesn't hit there. With the new codes I feel the shot delay has grown. I see it on hitting the Demo as well. Not saying that our issues are the same, but with 1.0 I feel like the CPU can't keep up with the fast action of this game.

Here I thought I've been alone all this time. I'll update when I hear back from stern. I probably should have taken that replacement cpu board when they offered it 6 months ago when the machine wasn't booting. Heh

#6776 3 years ago

Same here, I think both look really good in the machine. Once my issues are settled I'll put them back on. I have been removing the ramps so often lately to replace things I didn't want them in the way.

I’ve been following you’re struggles. Hopefully you get it resolved. Such a great pin. I only had TK lock issues with mine so I know you’re frustrations. It was worth the time put into it to make it play right. Good luck man!!

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve been following you’re struggles. Hopefully you get it resolved. Such a great pin. I only had TK lock issues with mine so I know you’re frustrations. It was worth the time put into it to make it play right. Good luck man!!

Thanks for that. I have to say so far Stern has been great to work with. Pablo has been working with me from the start and we have probably 200 emails back and forth. I got one of the early machines and I knew it was early. Just didn't expect all of this lol. When the machine is working I can't stop playing it. I just got a new Guardians in less than a week ago and I'm still here swapping node boards and doing switch adjustments to this machine. My other sterns have been rock solid so I can only think I got unlucky here. I believe stern will help get it right.

#6778 3 years ago

As i said I have the random mystery occasionally and the demogorgon/mystery shot does not register sometimes but overall nothing compared to what you have gone through. I will say the 1.0--as previously said has made it different. I think there is something there. I have a loaded premium and it is a blast. Stern shooter rod is awesome touch to the game. Finally hit 1st mini wizard last night and seconds from 2nd but blew it. 1.2 bil. Keep us posted --good luck.

#6779 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Sounds like you’re at least getting closer to diagnosing the issue. Hopefully that’s enough info for stern to get you sorted finally.

#6780 3 years ago

Just put in my order for STh through Flipnout! Very excited. UV kits for prem/LE are in stock (at least as of today) through GameRoomGoodies.com (confirmed with vendor). Posting here because it took me forever to find anyone that had them available, and not on backorder. Said he had "a few" in stock.

#6781 3 years ago

I can confirm that my buddies's premium also has has the same issues as C0untDeM0net is experiencing. Sometimes the center shot doesn't register, or it will award the mystery shot instead. Not very frequent, but it does happen.

Also ever since 1.0 code, the left ramp shot also awards the left orbit shot sometimes. Weird little bugs, could it be related to code at all since so many are experiencing it?

#6782 3 years ago

I have a LE and don’t have any of these issues. I guess it’s possible the Premium code is different, but I doubt it.

#6783 3 years ago

Since this is our first pin I have been lurking and learning about dialing-in this game before posting but I can confirm the same problem as C0untDeM0net on our LE. I noticed it after loading .99 code and it has not been an apparent/obvious problem since 1.0. Around the same time as the .99 code, the plastics to the left of the Demo were off to fix the Extra Ball gate alignment (stuck balls), so I could have bumped something...

#6784 3 years ago

.99 had a serious switch issue that was fixed with .99.1. Maybe that’s the weird behavior you were seeing.

#6785 3 years ago

Installed new code and also speaker lights today on my pro. Played a couple kore games and no issues with ball hitting Demagorgan or getting stuck.

Pablo is sending me a new ramp but not going to install. Mine has build date of 12/19. I am new to pinball and the first lesson I learned was if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

UV kit and ramp decal going on tomorrow from cointaker. Still waiting on my art blades and shaker from pinball life. Left Chicago 12/03 and has had no more updates. Was supposed to be here 12/07. Want this ready for Christmas.

#6786 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Want this ready for Christmas.

It already is.

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The hex post? It’s not touching the chin. [quoted image]

You could also check the wire bundle coming out of the demigorgon. Mine was pretty tight causing the demigorgon to tilt back a little. From under the play field push some of the wire through to give it a little slack.

#6788 3 years ago

Dialed in my tk lock tonight, so far so good. Went 10/10 on shots while testing. All adjustments I made were tiny. So its correct that just a mm can make a bid difference. The biggest adjustment i made was pulling the ramp away from the back wall.

#6789 3 years ago

If it starts to not make it to the magnet anymore (going up, but stopping short before it gets tot he magnet), that’s flipper fade. You’ll need the flipper fans to keep the shot consistent.

Sounds like you got it though!! Nice work.

#6790 3 years ago

I’m off all next week so I’m gonna take the time to dial in my pro. Is there any videos of left orbit adjustment and demigorgon adjustment? I’ve tried to search but no luck I’m using a phone so it’s not the best.

#6791 3 years ago

All the help you need is in this thread. Look at the key posts up top as well as my YouTube channel for the right orbit help.

#6792 3 years ago

HA! Not yet lol. Art blades and shaker arriving tomorrow finally.

#6793 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the help you need is in this thread. Look at the key posts up top as well as my YouTube channel for the right orbit help.

Loved the stream tonight buddy!

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a LE and don’t have any of these issues. I guess it’s possible the Premium code is different, but I doubt it.

When you download the PRE code it’s labeled LE so I think it’s the same.

#6795 3 years ago

You guys got room for one more? 20201210_102047 (resized).jpg20201210_102047 (resized).jpg

#6797 3 years ago

Anyone ever have the ramp get stuck halfway during run will? I have mine set to not go up and down for that mode and this was the first time I have hit it on the 1.0 code. I was playing and I got control of 3 of the balls and looked up and the ramp was half way down enough that balls could go under it and hit the drops. There was no way to progress the mode so I let two of the balls drain and the ramp went back to normal and worked normal from that point on. I went into my settings and put run will ramp back to 2 seconds as is the default but didn't make it back there tonight to see if the problem persisted.

I've played that mode a number of times on the previous code and never had a problem like this. Just wondering if it was a fluke or should I report it to Stern

#6798 3 years ago

Report to stern. May be a bug with the setting. Mines doesn’t do that, but I have it set to go up and down.

#6799 3 years ago

This one separates the men from the boys!

I always swap the boring black post rubbers in my new games for a colored version. For this game, you have to remove *both ramps* and the plastic protector behind the demogorgon to find the wood screws for the center ramp.

Anyway, my quick 5 minute job turned into an hour long adventure.

BACF7F35-2DE4-475B-B7D5-010BC0B9489B (resized).jpegBACF7F35-2DE4-475B-B7D5-010BC0B9489B (resized).jpeg
#6800 3 years ago

Got 5-6 plays on it last night and I'm really liking it so far. This pin is cool as hell. Looking forward to some more play tonight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
10,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 432.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/136?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.