IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 448.
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Gotta go Sting!

Agreeeeeeed

#6702 3 years ago

New addition!

722F4585-1E87-4E0D-8491-CA2FF9454B2B (resized).jpeg722F4585-1E87-4E0D-8491-CA2FF9454B2B (resized).jpeg
#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

New addition![quoted image]

Congrats! Waiting for mine to be delivered today. Between 9 and 5 pm

#6704 3 years ago

Just added Titan GITD rings and they look awesome when the UV kicks in.

#6705 3 years ago

Cleland sound mod plus an external sub really sounds great. Such a great pin.

#6706 3 years ago

You finally broke your 4 game rule

#6707 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Cleland sound mod plus an external sub really sounds great. Such a great pin.

If there’s ever been a must for an external sub, it’s this game.

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

You finally broke your 4 game rule

Just to get you out of hiding! How ya doing??!!

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just to get you out of hiding! How ya doing??!!

Hahaha! PM Sent

#6710 3 years ago

Bummed a touch

Hit the Demo and ball got lost ...

Did some digging

My 1 way gate broke today

535-2319-00

I cannot locate a replacement

Any one know a source

977304CF-75B9-4725-BA67-6F61B111F304 (resized).jpeg977304CF-75B9-4725-BA67-6F61B111F304 (resized).jpeg
#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Bummed a touch
Did some digging
535-2319-00
Any one know a source
[quoted image]

You should have enough wire left to be able to re-bend the one you have to still work I know I was able to when this happened to me.

#6712 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I got my demogorgan dialed in with a quick and dirty piece of cardboard. I went from 15% to 95% on shots that should go in. My question is that will I see the same results by adjusting with washers on the demo to tilt him forward?
[quoted image]

Good, your shots were too high or too low ? My shots are hitting too low but i don t want to take off the toys to fix it.

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Good, your shots were too high or too low ? My shots are hitting too low but i don t want to take off the toys to fix it.

Its the most important part of the game and it's only difficult to do the first time. The spacer on the one way gate can be removed without taking anything off the playfield and should be the first thing you do.

#6714 3 years ago

Bummed a touch
Did some digging
535-2319-00
Any one know a source
[quoted image]

You will be able to get it back in, if the gate didn't break.
I bet it just popped out. The same thing happened on my game as well. I put it back in and did bend the gate a bit more, so it has more tension.

Funny thing, just a few games later the entire thing slid down the playfield. Both thread screws came loose. The factory didn't use loctite on them...

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

I think they were hitting too low, but I never got fancy with slow-mo video or anything to confirm

#6716 3 years ago

Unboxed today. Demo unit with 1900 plays. Everything works as far as I know. Waiting for art blades, shaker, UV light kit, and ball through protector. Supposed to be here today FedEx. Oh well. Now wait to install everything and then for Christmas. Not sure I can do it tbh.

5F2D7ECF-B070-4662-B8A2-AEBCA6E69BEE (resized).jpeg5F2D7ECF-B070-4662-B8A2-AEBCA6E69BEE (resized).jpeg
#6717 3 years ago

I’m about 100 plays in, and I’ve hit the demogorgon in the mouth *once*. Build date Jan 2020. Shots seem to hit low. I’ve adjusted flipper strength a few times.

Looks like I’ll be doing the washer trick. I think I heard somewhere that the ramp was riveted incorrectly on some games, making the shot difficult?

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m about 100 plays in, and I’ve hit the demogorgon in the mouth *once*. Build date Jan 2020. Shots seem to hit low. I’ve adjusted flipper strength a few times.
Looks like I’ll be doing the washer trick. I think I heard somewhere that the ramp was riveted incorrectly on some games, making the shot difficult?

The easiest would be to remove the spacer under his chin first. That's all mine really needed. That took my left flipper from 50% to 99% and my right from 0% to 50%. I might still try the washer trick someday, but I'm pretty satisfied for now.

#6719 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hit on 3rd try ball 2 when I was checking mine out that arrived on Saturday.Demo unit with 1900 plays. Build date of December 2019.

#6720 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Flipper strength will do nothing for low hitting shots. Remove the spacer as mentioned as step one. From a cradle you should be able to get almost 100% both flippers. If you see shots that you think should be going in then it needs to have the height reduced some.

There is a replacement ramp kit from stern for those of us with early ramps that were shorter. Didn't help mine. I prefer the shorter ramp anyway.

#6721 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The easiest would be to remove the spacer under his chin first. That's all mine really needed. That took my left flipper from 50% to 99% and my right from 0% to 50%. I might still try the washer trick someday, but I'm pretty satisfied for now.

The hex post? It’s not touching the chin.

83AD497C-F381-4462-8AD9-FA87A7917C71 (resized).jpeg83AD497C-F381-4462-8AD9-FA87A7917C71 (resized).jpeg
#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The hex post? It’s not touching the chin. [quoted image]

That's the one. Since yours isn't even touching it, I'd say you will need to both remove it and do the washer trick. Mine was definitely being pushed up by the post and sits at least 1/4" lower without it. You will have to go the next step with it. Good luck! It will be well worth it in the end.

#6723 3 years ago

Make sure the demo is wobbly too. Those two screws going through the rubber grommets on either side of it look way too tight.

Unfortunately you’ll need to take the demo out to get to those.

#6724 3 years ago

I guess I have my weekend plans.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did a glass off test and manually held the head down. Sank a shot on the first try. Good times.

#6725 3 years ago

Yep. The further it sits forward the better. Removing that post allows it return to a more forward position once it’s loosened a bit. Removing the washers sits it lower as well. Watch out though. If it leans too far forward, the ball will get caught on the bottom right mouth flap. Haha

#6726 3 years ago

Does mine have the updated ramp? It was built December 2019 and it was a demo unit. I am not sure how to tell if it is the old one or not.

789C6F42-84F2-483E-9434-4BA51792199C (resized).jpeg789C6F42-84F2-483E-9434-4BA51792199C (resized).jpegA69C57B8-8FA6-446E-B8A5-D0C8916A0E91 (resized).jpegA69C57B8-8FA6-446E-B8A5-D0C8916A0E91 (resized).jpegF48280B9-CD53-42D2-8F6E-0CA4E61DD1B6 (resized).jpegF48280B9-CD53-42D2-8F6E-0CA4E61DD1B6 (resized).jpeg
#6727 3 years ago

Should there be a clear ramp cover over the right ramp ?

I hit the side of the game with a hard shot

Was a service bulletin ?

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Does mine have the updated ramp? It was built December 2019 and it was a demo unit. I am not sure how to tell if it is the old one or not.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is the shorter, original, ramp. If you search my username in this thread I posted pics of my original and the replacements. I prefer the original shorter ramp. Follow the steps to dial it in and you will be happy with it.

#6729 3 years ago

Should there be a clear ramp cover over the right ramp ?
I hit the side of the game with a hard shot
Was a service bulletin ?

Yes, there should be a cover over the right ramp. Left ramp has one too. Seems a few got out without one. I mounted hoppers car to mine

IMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg
#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That is the shorter, original, ramp. If you search my username in this thread I posted pics of my original and the replacements. I prefer the original shorter ramp. Follow the steps to dial it in and you will be happy with it.

Ok thank you. Why do you prefer the shorter ramp? I played a quick game and on my 3rd try on the same ball was able to hit the demagorgan. First two tries didn’t get stuck on the right of it either which was nice compared to the one I played on route that got stuck constantly.

#6731 3 years ago

Anyone get the topper?

#6732 3 years ago

Ok thank you. Why do you prefer the shorter ramp? I played a quick game and on my 3rd try on the same ball was able to hit the demagorgan. First two tries didn’t get stuck on the right of it either which was nice compared to the one I played on route that got stuck constantly.

#6733 3 years ago

Ok thank you. Why do you prefer the shorter ramp? I played a quick game and on my 3rd try on the same ball was able to hit the demagorgan. First two tries didn’t get stuck on the right of it either which was nice.

The long ramp cause some strange ball movements when it hits the sides from the kick out or burn it back. The shorter ramp doesn't have those issues as much. Maybe I would get used to it after a while but the shorter ramp is less intrusive to the game when it is down imho

The one on route might have done some of the earlier hacks which are known to cause hangups. I've never had a hangup around the demogorgon with the fixes I've done.

#6734 3 years ago

Anyone get the topper?

Topper has not been released yet

#6735 3 years ago

On another note I'm still diagnosing the issues with the center lane opto with Stern. They had me swap node 8 and node 9 boards under the play field but there has been no change to the situation. Right after the swap I had clean shots under the demogorgon be ignored while it was ready to start the demogorgon mode. Then tonight I counted 8 times I noticed a double register of the word completion. Even once had mystery go off when there were no balls anywhere near the mystery shot. That was an odd one.

While testing tonight I had a pretty good game just doing demogorgon modes though. Managed to complete all of them with a total score of 600 million just in demogorgon modes and I really did not take advantage of the last two modes. Really fumbled the multiballs and didn't manage many shots on the demogorgon.

Its the strangest situation with my machine. Only thing I can think of at this point is that the starting of the demogorgon isn't triggered by the center lane opto since I've replaced that twice now and swapped the node boards. Really odd.

Video of the issues I am seeing regularly. Honestly, with how many components have been replaced on my machine at this point I am so surprised no one else is having the issue

#6736 3 years ago

Can anyone with a Pro Model

Send me pics of the ramp bend plastics that keep the balls from flying off

Please

#6737 3 years ago

I’ve been making tweaks to the game (it took me this long because I’m not a fussy player) and man. All I gotta say is I love the TK lock now that it’s dialed. Was about 50/50 but now at 90/10 it is truly one of the most satisfying shots in pinball.

#6738 3 years ago

Can anyone with a Pro Model
Send me pics of the ramp bend plastics that keep the balls from flying off
Please

Get with your distro and stern and tell them you’re missing them. You’ll get them for free.

#6739 3 years ago

On another note I'm still diagnosing the issues with the center lane opto with Stern. They had me swap node 8 and node 9 boards under the play field but there has been no change to the situation. Right after the swap I had clean shots under the demogorgon be ignored while it was ready to start the demogorgon mode. Then tonight I counted 8 times I noticed a double register of the word completion. Even once had mystery go off when there were no balls anywhere near the mystery shot. That was an odd one.
While testing tonight I had a pretty good game just doing demogorgon modes though. Managed to complete all of them with a total score of 600 million just in demogorgon modes and I really did not take advantage of the last two modes. Really fumbled the multiballs and didn't manage many shots on the demogorgon.
Its the strangest situation with my machine. Only thing I can think of at this point is that the starting of the demogorgon isn't triggered by the center lane opto since I've replaced that twice now and swapped the node boards. Really odd.
Video of the issues I am seeing regularly. Honestly, with how many components have been replaced on my machine at this point I am so surprised no one else is having the issue

Take a video in switch test and shoot the ball up the center over and over and over again. Make note of which switches register, in what order, and what their names are.

#6740 3 years ago

Other things to try:

Unplug the two optos by the left post that feeds the left orbit as well as the mystery target.

Then see if you get the weird center shot behavior.

But I do think your issue is with that center opto. Even when you get the mystery shot or demo dogs award, that was correct, but your goofy center opto also gave you a demogorgon mode start.

#6741 3 years ago

a new ramp will be better but i can t wait to play. I fix this issue witch a straw (looks better than cardboard) and the shot is now makable.

Just need stock topper !

st loin (resized).jpgst loin (resized).jpgst paille (resized).jpgst paille (resized).jpgst paille 2 (resized).jpgst paille 2 (resized).jpg
#6742 3 years ago

Topper has not been released yet

Any pics of it yet and when’s the release date? Not much info at all out there. How about Cointakers topper? Anyone purchase that one? Wish there was pics of it and video of it with it on the game other than just a close up of it.

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Other things to try:
Unplug the two optos by the left post that feeds the left orbit as well as the mystery target.
Then see if you get the weird center shot behavior.
But I do think your issue is with that center opto. Even when you get the mystery shot or demo dogs award, that was correct, but your goofy center opto also gave you a demogorgon mode start.

Interesting, I do sometimes get the double up post as well. Usually the double up post the first time it pops there is no associated flasher indication which makes me think it's some sort of automatic behavior. I've already replaced those short throw optos as well but have never tried unplugging them to do the switch test. Will do some more tinkering tonight.

#6744 3 years ago

The long ramp cause some strange ball movements when it hits the sides from the kick out or burn it back. The shorter ramp doesn't have those issues as much. Maybe I would get used to it after a while but the shorter ramp is less intrusive to the game when it is down imho
The one on route might have done some of the earlier hacks which are known to cause hangups. I've never had a hangup around the demogorgon with the fixes I've done.

Thanks for the reply. I will wait on swapping the long one out then till after I play it much more at Christmas. The 2 plays my daughter and I had on it was smooth and no evident issues that immediately popped up.

It’s definitely way better than the one I played on route that had issues every time with ball hang ups and they have a full time pinball tech who works at Tilt Studios.

Really annoying when it had to do a ball search on EVERY demagorgan mode. I wish I was exaggerating. Still loved playing the game regardless and had to buy it. The demo unit I bought definitely seems to have been dialed much better from Colorado Gaming Exchange.

#6745 3 years ago

Not the only one--on mine sometimes Demo shot is ready and and I shoot it and nothing. Next time through it works. Also I will shoot the Mystery shot and sometimes the demogorgon will start. Other times the mystery/demo/free ball shot will not register and next time through it will. Not sure what to look at first. Assuming optos off based on what I am seeing?

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Not the only one--on mine sometimes Demo shot is ready and and I shoot it and nothing. Next time through it works. Also I will shoot the Mystery shot and sometimes the demogorgon will start. Other times the mystery/demo/free ball shot will not register and next time through it will. Not sure what to look at first. Assuming optos off based on what I am seeing?

Interesting, you are the first person to mention seeing issues similar to mine. I don't know what is causing it at this point. I've replaced all of the optos related to the area under the demogorgon and mystery up post. Some of them twice. I've also swapped the node 8 and 9 boards and reseated all of the wires in the connectors. I'm waiting on a response from Pablo on this. I'm not sure what he will recommend next. I will definitely let him know I am not alone though. Did you watch the video I posted above. I showed most of the issues I've seen. The only one I have not been able to document yet is the mystery shot sometimes registering even though there are no balls in the area.

#6747 3 years ago

Also. Do you guys have the one way gate that points to the left orbit installed or did you remove it?

Maybe a fast ball is registering that center opto once, then when it bounces back through that gate it’s registering it again.

#6748 3 years ago

Will check out the video after the conference call I am supposed to be paying attention to. Pretty sure I have had the mystery go off randomly also. I won' t bother doing the things you have already done at this point. Would love to figure this out but thank god it's still a blast to pay! Keep me updated--thanks

#6749 3 years ago

I did not remove it Chuck--have most removed it? Does not affect anything? That would not affect the demogorgon shot not registering would it?

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also. Do you guys have the one way gate that points to the left orbit installed or did you remove it?
Maybe a fast ball is registering that center opto once, then when it bounces back through that gate it’s registering it again.

I have the one way gate on mine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.