IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 448.
#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If the demogorgon is not a reliable shot then check back as it should be consistently hittable within the same game. From a cradle I'm 100% on mine and probably 70% on the fly. The game requires you to hit that shot many times to progress thru the demogorgon modes.
You are going to want to get Vireland's cooling fans.

Thanks so much for the reply and the video. Hopefully mine will have the correct and updated ramp. I will check back if I have some issues.

So why do the coils get so hot requiring cooling fans? And how long does it take for them to heat up? Do you have a link to the fans? Thanks again!

#6652 3 years ago

I would highly recommend you read through the last 50 or so pages of this thread. There is a lot of information to answer all of your questions. This machine requires some tweaking but it's a ton of fun once dialed in.

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I would highly recommend you read through the last 50 or so pages of this thread. There is a lot of information to answer all of your questions. This machine requires some tweaking but it's a ton of fun once dialed in.

Will do! Thanks

#6654 3 years ago

I got my demogorgan dialed in with a quick and dirty piece of cardboard. I went from 15% to 95% on shots that should go in. My question is that will I see the same results by adjusting with washers on the demo to tilt him forward?

20201201_131344 (resized).jpg20201201_131344 (resized).jpg
#6655 3 years ago

Yes. There are multiple ways to get this shot dialed in.

#6656 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks so much for the reply and the video. Hopefully mine will have the correct and updated ramp. I will check back if I have some issues.
So why do the coils get so hot requiring cooling fans? And how long does it take for them to heat up? Do you have a link to the fans? Thanks again!

Stranger Things gets hot coils faster than anything else I've tested so far. Within about 30-40 minutes of continuous play you're in the coil fade zone.

There's an explanation of the whys of coil fade on the product page for the flipper coil cooling kit and a link to an interactive experiment that helps make it clear what happens as heat increases electrical resistance.

#6657 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. There are multiple ways to get this shot dialed in.

Where did you put the washer at Chuck and just one? Was it an easy install?

#6658 3 years ago

Nothing is easy on this game. My shots were hitting too high so I removed the demo, loosened the screws on the sides of the demo to make it give more when the ball hits it, then added two small washers to the backside of the demo to help lean it forward a bit.

That fixed my issue. Seems a lot of other people have theirs hit too low so that is when people are removing the hex post under the front of the demo and that seems to do the most help for that issue.

#6659 3 years ago

Yeah it really depends on where the shots are hitting. For me, it was hitting low. Removing the spacer on the one way gate helped and then I decreased the height of the demo by 3d printing some replacement spacers of various sizes. The stock spacers are 4.75mm in length. I tried 3.75, 2.75, and 1.75. The 1.75 has worked the best and since I didn't change the angles of the demo I get no hangups either. You could use 2 standard washers to get the same height.

That is only if it is hitting low. I'm now 100% for shots I think should have gone in from both flippers. With the 2.75 I was 100% with the left and maybe 50% with the right. Now it seems to be perfect.

#6660 3 years ago

and than (didnt react before) the game goes in GAME OVER if we finish the wizard mode !? what a... strange idea on this pin, which is mainly based on scoring

:/

#6661 3 years ago

It’s shouldn’t go to game over after the wizard mode. If you complete it, it goes to the snowball dance then you can start going through the game again after that if you have any balls left.

#6662 3 years ago

Is the new code any good? I just updated cleland's code with the last update. Is it worth updating again and not having cleland's code?

#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stranger Things gets hot coils faster than anything else I've tested so far. Within about 30-40 minutes of continuous play you're in the coil fade zone.
There's an explanation of the whys of coil fade on the product page for the flipper coil cooling kit and a link to an interactive experiment that helps make it clear what happens as heat increases electrical resistance.

What did you do to help decrease the heat? Where can you order Verilands cooling fans if that is the only way to fix the coil over heating? Thank you.

#6664 3 years ago

Pin Monk---just ordered the cooling fans!

#6665 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Is the new code any good? I just updated cleland's code with the last update. Is it worth updating again and not having cleland's code?

Yes.

#6666 3 years ago

What did you do to help decrease the heat? Where can you order Verilands cooling fans if that is the only way to fix the coil over heating? Thank you.

Store listing for the kit is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-spike2

There's information on the page at the bottom with a Q&A on coil overheating. Basically the kit is two small fans with the wiring and mounting hardware so they can keep air moving across the flipper coils to prevent them from getting hotter than 110F. Most machines they stay around 100F, no matter how long you play.

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Pin Monk---just ordered the cooling fans!

Thanks!

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Store listing for the kit is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-spike2
There's information on the page at the bottom with a Q&A on coil overheating. Basically the kit is two small fans with the wiring and mounting hardware so they can keep air moving across the flipper coils to prevent them from getting hotter than 110F. Most machines they stay around 100F, no matter how long you play.

Thank you so much!! Is the over heating mainly with stranger things?

#6669 3 years ago

Thank you so much!! Is the over heating mainly with stranger things?

There's a chart on that product page with the machines I've tested so far. Anything in the 140s is bad. The worst so far is Stranger Things (quickest to 157F), Avengers (long play), and Rick and Morty (Spooky). Star Wars is the only one so far that doesn't seem to have a fade problem.

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm tempted to go back and do a 2 hour Stranger Things session to see how hot the coils can really get. I have a temp gauge that can measure over 157F now. I thought Stranger Things was the heat champ, but someone sent me a video of an uncooled Rick and Morty where the right coil got over 180F and the upper right coil just stopped working for a bit after it exceeded 160F. They were playing for around 2 hours. When they get the Spooky Tibetan Breeze kit, that kind of nonsense will be a thing of the past for them, too. Pretty much impossible to break even 110F with the kit installed, no matter how long you play.
Thanks again!

I'd buy a kit for my TNA on the double if you get a kit for Spooky. Coils get red hot and "hugs" the plunger so hard the flippers move in slow motion. You can still theoretically make all the shots but the timing is way off.

#6671 3 years ago

Has anyone at this time

Decided to implement a small coil to make the Demo kick in a pro and tied into the flasher circuit (like Prem effect on pro)

#6672 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'd buy a kit for my TNA on the double if you get a kit for Spooky. Coils get red hot and "hugs" the plunger so hard the flippers move in slow motion. You can still theoretically make all the shots but the timing is way off.

Good news! Spooky coil cooling kits are done and in the pinmonk store here and on pinmonk.com.

#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Has anyone at this time
Decided to implement a small coil to make the Demo kick in a pro and tied into the flasher circuit (like Prem effect on pro)

Would like to know this also.

#6674 3 years ago

My ST pro arrives on Saturday. How many here were a fan of the show before they bought the game? I for one have not seen one episode of the show.

I just really loved playing the game and can’t wait to have it in my front room to keep playing. I know this might be sacrilegious, but I prefer ST over AFM.

#6675 3 years ago

My family has seen all seasons multiple times. We love it.

#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My family has seen all seasons multiple times. We love it.

I need to start watching the show. My wife and daughter love it.

#6677 3 years ago

One of a few things we all watch together. We actually just got done watching the Undoing on HBO too. That was a murder mystery mini series (6 episodes). That was great too.

She’s 14 though and it had some sex in it. So beware if you care.

#6678 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of a few things we all watch together. We actually just got done watching the Undoing on HBO too. That was a murder mystery mini series (6 episodes). That was great too.
She’s 14 though and it had some sex in it. So beware if you care.

Thanks for heads up. Definitely care.

#6679 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Good news! Spooky coil cooling kits are done and in the pinmonk store here and on pinmonk.com.

You need to associate the kit with TNA on pinmonk.com

Ordered!

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s shouldn’t go to game over after the wizard mode. If you complete it, it goes to the snowball dance then you can start going through the game again after that if you have any balls left.

i had bad infos than
good news !

#6681 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i had bad infos than
good news !

But even if the game did end, it wouldn’t be so bad as it has a very good conclusion and I doubt many players would want to keep going after accomplishing all that.

#6682 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

You need to associate the kit with TNA on pinmonk.com
Ordered!

Thanks for the heads-up. Somehow I missed associating that Spooky game with the new kit. It's fixed now!

#6683 3 years ago

I would pick it up. Where did you get yours for $5k? Are you happy you got the pro?

I went in with a friend and we got two. Don’t know the distributor. I love my pro it’s all I play. Sometimes I forget there are 7 more games in my collection.

#6684 3 years ago

I’m with chuckwurt - my family and I have watched all the seasons multiple times...

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I’m with chuckwurt - my family and I have watched all the seasons multiple times...

Same, one of the few shows we all watch together.

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I went in with a friend and we got two. Don’t know the distributor. I love my pro it’s all I play. Sometimes I forget there are 7 more games in my collection.

I guess you like it lol. Can’t wait to get it on Saturday

#6687 3 years ago

Got my alternate translite today since I did not like the one from the Pro.
Great quality, colors pop and I love the imagery from the 3rd season although its not part of the pin.
Stranger Things Season 3 Translite V1C (resized).jpgStranger Things Season 3 Translite V1C (resized).jpgPXL_20201203_101619755.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201203_101619755.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201203_101628569 (resized).jpgPXL_20201203_101628569 (resized).jpg

#6688 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Got my alternate translite today since I did not like the one from the Pro.
Great quality, colors pop and I love the imagery from the 3rd season although its not part of the pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great who sells those.

#6689 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Retro Refurbs in the UK

#6690 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Contact the user xianek or visit https://xianek.eu/
Got it from him, he is very active in the German pinball community and does a lot of alternate translites and mods.

The one from retro refurbs is different.

#6691 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Retro Refurbs in the UK

Wait, really? So I’ve been putting off this purchase for a bit as I want to make a big order with them and I am not ready for that just yet. This translite was one of the pieces I was going to order, however the art on yours is organized differently than the pic they have up on their site, which is a direct rip from the poster/marketing Netflix did for season 3. Did you request this change from Retro Refurbs, or do they make an alternate version of that one? Or did they just ship that to you without explaining why it differs from the picture on their site?

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/stranger-things-season-3-alternate-pinball-translite/

edit: just realized you were answering his question and you’re not the OP. I don’t think that one is from Retro Refurbs.

#6692 3 years ago

My bad. Retro Refurbs offers Seasons 1-3 as an alternate translite, but the one above appears to be different. I stand corrected.

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My bad. Retro Refurbs offers Seasons 1-3 as an alternate translite, but the one above appears to be different. I stand corrected.

It's hard to tell the difference at first. Lol.

#6694 3 years ago

I finally updated my Sound Replacements to 1.0 for both Pro and LE/Premium. PM me if you want instructions.

#6695 3 years ago

It will probably be a while before we see more code so probably won’t have to update this game for a while. Haha. Thanks again!

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Snowball Dance might be a good place to put "The Never Ending Story" as kind of a reward. I'll have to get there first Which will require me playing with the glass off. You can hear the music using the Jukebox feature, it's pretty generic.

EDIT: Actually, this last mode deserves "Every Breath You Take" which was played in the scene....or "Time After Time".

#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I tend to pop in and out of this thread for weeks at a time. What is cleland’s code?

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I tend to pop in and out of this thread for weeks at a time. What is cleland’s code?

Stock rom modified with different music, etc. Maybe different callouts? Not sure on that part.

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

See this thread

It really brings new life to this title

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod/page/4

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Snowball Dance might be a good place to put "The Never Ending Story" as kind of a reward. I'll have to get there first Which will require me playing with the glass off. You can hear the music using the Jukebox feature, it's pretty generic.
EDIT: Actually, this last mode deserves "Every Breath You Take" which was played in the scene....or "Time After Time".

Gotta go Sting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/134?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.