IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 448.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way that was street price.

Yes it is

5E671C2B-C2F5-40D3-879A-80B8000EA762 (resized).png5E671C2B-C2F5-40D3-879A-80B8000EA762 (resized).png
#6602 3 years ago

Sorry that’s just the price distros had to list it at. Should be able to get at least 500 off that if you call around. Just FYI when trying to figure out if it’s worth it to jump on this used one.

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry that’s just the price distros had to list it at. Should be able to get at least 500 off that if you call around. Just FYI when trying to figure out if it’s worth it to jump on this used one.

Wish I had better connections with a distributor. There’s a new premium available for $7100 also. Just not sure if the premium is worth the extra money and seems to be more problems with the premium over the pro.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wish I had better connections with a distributor. There’s a new premium available for $7100 also. Just not sure if the premium is worth the extra money and seems to be more problems with the premium over the pro.

No need to have connections. Just call around. I recommend JJ at game exchange, Trent at Tilt amusements, or Zach at flip n out. I believe they will all ship to you.

#6605 3 years ago

Yes it is
[quoted image]

I’ve dealt with Orange County. Good guy. He’ll deal.

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No need to have connections. Just call around. I recommend JJ at game exchange, Trent at Tilt amusements, or Zach at flip n out. I believe they will all ship to you.

Premium is definitely worth the extra money!!

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Bought Monster Bash and Black Knight from them.

#6608 3 years ago

It was on route and is 6 and half hours from me is the problem

oups than

#6610 3 years ago

That's "oops" in Flemish. He's from Belgium and speaks far better English than I do French, Dutch, or Flemish...so I forgive him just about everything.

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I bought my Stranger things LE from him. He shipped it the same day. I will definitely buy from him again.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

BallyKISS1978 I got mine nib shipped to me for 5k. Your not saving any money buying the used one for 4500 and then getting it shipped.

#6613 3 years ago

I have not been on my Stranger Things for a while. Just came here to endorse pin monks coil fans. What a silly stupid simple solution to the single most frustrating thing with this game. As a testament I reached "Can't Stop This" after a one and a half hour session effortless. Normally I don't event bother shooting for the demogorgon after 15-20 minutes.

(video is still processing at this time of writing)

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I have not been on my Stranger Things for a while. Just came here to endorse pin monks coil fans. What a silly stupid simple solution to the single most frustrating thing with this game.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm tempted to go back and do a 2 hour Stranger Things session to see how hot the coils can really get. I have a temp gauge that can measure over 157F now. I thought Stranger Things was the heat champ, but someone sent me a video of an uncooled Rick and Morty where the right coil got over 180F and the upper right coil just stopped working for a bit after it exceeded 160F. They were playing for around 2 hours. When they get the Spooky Tibetan Breeze kit, that kind of nonsense will be a thing of the past for them, too. Pretty much impossible to break even 110F with the kit installed, no matter how long you play.

Thanks again!

#6615 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Got a very nice used Stranger Things Pro with protector, shaker, mirrored glass and UV Kit. Next days are cleaning, playing and waiting for my alternate translite to arrive, the Pro one is horrible. Still stunned from the looks of the UV Kit, amazing! Can't wait to play more!

PXL_20201129_184721432 (resized).jpgPXL_20201129_184721432 (resized).jpg
#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's "oops" in Flemish. He's from Belgium and speaks far better English than I do French, Dutch, or Flemish...so I forgive him just about everything.

yep

just to precise, i'm naturally speaking french, than still Belgium, but the "other" part
and i've lots of pinball friends in the flemish side

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Next days are cleaning, playing and waiting for my alternate translite to arrive, the Pro one is horrible.

I'm interested to see the alternate translite... is it the same as the one shown on here a few pages back with the silhouette?

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

ballykiss1978 I got mine nib shipped to me for 5k. Your not saving any money buying the used one for 4500 and then getting it shipped.

I would pick it up. Where did you get yours for $5k? Are you happy you got the pro?

#6619 3 years ago

Back in September I ordered a Guardians and the price had already come up another 100 from when I bought ST in Jan and it's an older machine. I managed a deal with a different distributor that still only brought the price down just under what I paid for ST. Prices across the board for all NIB seem to have gone up. If you truly managed a NIB for 5k that's amazing. None of the distributors around here could come within 600 of that.

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm tempted to go back and do a 2 hour Stranger Things session to see how hot the coils can really get.

Have you temped other coils besides the flippers? Like the saucer or the TK arm? The saucer seems to fade, going from zipping the ball around the burn it back to barely making it register. Also I'm wondering if the TK arm gets weak after long sessions.

#6621 3 years ago

Can get a demo unit pro with full warranty for $5395 shipped from distributor or new premium for $7100 shipped? Thinking pro with $1705 savings. Or wait for a used premium to pop up near me, which doesn’t happen too often in Arizona.

#6622 3 years ago

Can get a demo unit pro with full warranty for $5395 shipped from distributor or new premium for $7100 shipped? Thinking pro with $1705 savings. Or wait for a used premium to pop up near me, which doesn’t happen too often in Arizona.

Premiums and LE's look amazing, but I have to say - I have had my Pro since the first of the year and I am thrilled with it. My favorite game in a long time...

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Have you temped other coils besides the flippers? Like the saucer or the TK arm? The saucer seems to fade, going from zipping the ball around the burn it back to barely making it register. Also I'm wondering if the TK arm gets weak after long sessions.

I haven't, but I think it's unlikely to be fade at the level the flippers see because all the other coils are smaller, are worked less, and have more breaks to cool down a bit than the flippers.

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Premiums and LE's look amazing, but I have to say - I have had my Pro since the first of the year and I am thrilled with it. My favorite game in a long time...

I have only played the pro myself. Played pro and premium of BKSOR and went with premium. Just not sure premium is worth the extra money but I did not see one in the wild. Did you get the UV kit?

#6625 3 years ago

Is anyone able to drop the 1.0 Pro code on Dropbox or google docs? No shit, I've tried 47 times and can't get past 2 gigs before it crashes.

#6626 3 years ago

If you’re not obsessed with this theme, the pro is totally fine. I say do that.

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Is anyone able to drop the 1.0 Pro code on Dropbox or google docs? No shit, I've tried 47 times and can't get past 2 gigs before it crashes.

Try doing it the SD card route. Stern has Instructions on their site on how to do that.

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re not obsessed with this theme, the pro is totally fine. I say do that.

Thanks brother. Talked to the wife who loves the show and she agrees pro is fine. Premium upgrades do not add to the gameplay. So got green light to get it. Also told to put deposit down for Elvira also.

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Might want to give a download manager a try. It can recover from errors and partial downloads.

For example:
https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

#6630 3 years ago

Dang! A 2fer. Nice. Enjoy!

#6631 3 years ago

I have only played the pro myself. Played pro and premium of BKSOR and went with premium. Just not sure premium is worth the extra money but I did not see one in the wild. Did you get the UV kit?

Not to sidetrack you, but I would totally go Premium. I'm not even a fan of the show. I watched season 1 (meh), that's it. So, I don't really know what's going on in any of the modes, either never seen them or don't remember them. The game still works as an 80s vibe "horror" theme.

Back before COVID, I ran into a Premium on location with no intentions of liking it, but I was blown away. Granted, many of the rules are the same on the Pro, but the theater provided by the projector and the UV is so freakin cool, I just can't imagine going Pro on this game. I own a bunch of cool games, but I've never gotten as much wow factor from noob visitors as I have from this game. If that matters to you at all, it's another reason to consider the Premium.

Other games on my WANTED list are Star Wars, Deadpool, JP3, Elvira, and AIQ. Regardless, when I saw a nicely priced ST Prem locally, I jumped with no regrets.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dang! A 2fer. Nice. Enjoy!

if the wife’s happy everyone is happy. She is excited for Stranger Things and also Elvira. I didn’t realize how fun Elvira is. Definitely didn’t look like it was that deep or fun of a pin till I played it.

At Tilt Studio’s EHOH and ST were the two pins I would have that one more game feeling. I would play Elvira and said to myself I want this and like it better than ST, and then play ST and liked it better and had to have it

Thanks for your reply. Definitely made me feel good about going with ST pro

#6633 3 years ago

Those games will complement each other well. STH can be pretty brutal and Elvira has crazy deep code with long ball times.

#6634 3 years ago

Did you get the UV kit?

I do not have the UV kit, but hear it's absolutely awesome.

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might want to give a download manager a try. It can recover from errors and partial downloads.
For example:
https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Dear Lord, that was painful. I had to download folx on Mac to resume partial downloads. After about 15 separate crashes, I was able to finish. Thanks for the tip.

Oh, also, I'm joining the club this week.

#6636 3 years ago

Picked a good time to jump in! Game has come a long way this year.

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not to sidetrack you, but I would totally go Premium. I'm not even a fan of the show. I watched season 1 (meh), that's it. So, I don't really know what's going on in any of the modes, either never seen them or don't remember them. The game still works as an 80s vibe "horror" theme.
Back before COVID, I ran into a Premium on location with no intentions of liking it, but I was blown away. Granted, many of the rules are the same on the Pro, but the theater provided by the projector and the UV is so freakin cool, I just can't imagine going Pro on this game. I own a bunch of cool games, but I've never gotten as much wow factor from noob visitors as I have from this game. If that matters to you at all, it's another reason to consider the Premium.
Other games on my WANTED list are Star Wars, Deadpool, JP3, Elvira, and AIQ. Regardless, when I saw a nicely priced ST Prem locally, I jumped with no regrets.

Thanks for your reply. Just finalized the purchase for the pro. Going to put the $2204 I saved towards Elvira. I just couldn’t justify spending that much for the premium ST. Glad you love your premium and glad I never played it so I won’t know what I am missing lol.

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those games will complement each other well. STH can be pretty brutal and Elvira has crazy deep code with long ball times.

Elvira definitely has a deep code and was surprised the long ball time on it. Definitely surprised me. My kids didn’t care for it at first and tbh neither did I. For me definitely a top 10 or dare I say top 5 pin.

Ordering UV kit and shaker for ST now. Supposed to be for Christmas but don’t think we can wait that long. I need to make sure no issues with it lol

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dear Lord, that was painful. I had to download folx on Mac to resume partial downloads. After about 15 separate crashes, I was able to finish. Thanks for the tip.
Oh, also, I'm joining the club this week.

I don't know why some people have such trouble keeping connections live and others don't, but a download manager is a must if you keep losing connections because they will almost always finish automatically by re-trying and continuing from where they left off. Glad it worked out for you in the end!

#6640 3 years ago

are people having issues with the code update? i downloaded the premium code for ST and AIQ...then copied to my thumb drive. when i attempted to update into the games, it just booted into the normal game instead of the updater.

when I re-reviewed my downloads i noticed for BOTH ST & AIQ, the "premium code" downloads have "le" in the file name and not "prem" or "premium." is that why my games aren't updating from my spk files? did stern just put the LE code into the PREMIUM code section for downloading?

#6641 3 years ago

Any interesting powdercoating? I’m lucky to live down the road from a powder company. I’m trying to avoid straight purple.

#6642 3 years ago

What about black with really subtle purple flake?

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Any interesting powdercoating? I’m lucky to live down the road from a powder company. I’m trying to avoid straight purple.

How about a candy apple fire red?

6C4198B0-88D9-4E28-A6EC-8F85F762FA0B (resized).jpeg6C4198B0-88D9-4E28-A6EC-8F85F762FA0B (resized).jpeg
#6644 3 years ago

Good suggestions. IMDN is candy red, EHOH is illusion purple, BKSOR is black iced cherry, and BM66 is sparkle black.

I’m trying to find something that fits the color scheme but also different than what I have.

31212EB5-0D9B-4705-B3D9-37DE604D46F9 (resized).jpeg31212EB5-0D9B-4705-B3D9-37DE604D46F9 (resized).jpeg
#6645 3 years ago

I’ve got an extra Stern shooter rod still in the box. Mistakenly ordered from two places.

$100?

#6646 3 years ago

Hello all
My kids were playing my ST Premium and when I got to playing it later tonight, I noticed this washer by the saucer laying on the playfield
No idea where it came from and after looking over the machine, can’t find any loose or missing screws or bolts

Anyone have a clue where this larger washer may have came from??
Thanks

15318921-6A95-4878-9E48-49EAAAFE66FF (resized).jpeg15318921-6A95-4878-9E48-49EAAAFE66FF (resized).jpeg
#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve got an extra Stern shooter rod still in the box. Mistakenly ordered from two places.
$100?

The led 20 sides die?

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Hello all
My kids were playing my ST Premium and when I got to playing it later tonight, I noticed this washer by the saucer laying on the playfield
No idea where it came from and after looking over the machine, can’t find any loose or missing screws or bolts
Anyone have a clue where this larger washer may have came from??
Thanks
[quoted image]

Could have just been lodged somewhere from the factory and worked its way Loose. You would def see a nut someone if something came apart.

#6649 3 years ago

ST pro will arrive next week. What things should I look for and need to adjust possibly? I played a pro at tilt studio and the ball constantly got stuck on the right side of the demigorgan.

Can’t wait to get the game. It’s supposed to be a family Christmas present but don’t think we will be able to wait that long. Correction, we won’t be able to wait that long.

#6650 3 years ago

If the demogorgon is not a reliable shot then check back as it should be consistently hittable within the same game. From a cradle I'm 100% on mine and probably 70% on the fly. The game requires you to hit that shot many times to progress thru the demogorgon modes.

You are going to want to get Vireland's cooling fans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.