IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 449.
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

it didnt lock... :/

What was the fix?

#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What was the fix?

Months of adjusting 'till it's just right... then a solid shot will make it... turning it off and using virtual locks is an option, then there's no issue, you just don't get to see your balls grabbed by 11... if you really like having your balls grabbed, then fiddling with the TK lock is the way to go! There are many posts in this topic of how to adjust the TK lock. Key post 1285 for a starter...

#6553 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Reformat the USB with FAT-32 and try again.

Tried that, but it's still not working... had a look on the net for clues... saw this where it talks about moving a dip switch... I realise this could be applicable for earlier board sets than Spike II, but there is a bank of dip switches on this game also... the Stern readme text doesn't mention it for Stranger Things... but they could have 'forgot'... do I need to switch swith 8?

20201128_103028 (resized).jpg20201128_103028 (resized).jpg20201128_103218 (resized).jpg20201128_103218 (resized).jpg
#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Tried that, but it's still not working... had a look on the net for clues... saw this where it talks about moving a dip switch... I realise this could be applicable for earlier board sets than Spike II, but there is a bank of dip switches on this game also... the Stern readme text doesn't mention it for Stranger Things... but they could have 'forgot'... do I need to switch swith 8?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No, that procedure was for older machines systems like SAM. Spike2 you just put the usb in and turn it on.

Have you updated a Spike2 machine with that particular USB stick before? If not, you may just have a brand Stern USB doesn't like. It is pretty picky. Try a different brand USB stick.

#6555 3 years ago

hello all ,
get to download the pro v1.0?

#6556 3 years ago

What’s the issue with the ball lock? Thanks for your reply

Yeah...it has to be tweaked JUST right to be consistent. Mine still isn't all the way there, and I installed PinMonk 's flipper fans to keep the coil temps low and reduce flipper fade. Another problem with the game. If you're a patient guy, the premium/LE really outshines the pro. But you WILL need some Xanax.

#6557 3 years ago

Yes---it must be just right. Probably took me 10 attempts. I am probably at 80-85% now--and that's as good as it gets. But it does take a good solid shot--no slop going up there will make it. Not terrible--read the material on it. It can't be too open or the ball will get pinched. Cant be too closed either or won't ride it correctly. With it closed the ball should ride just inside the guide at the top. Literally just touching it at the end. Plenty of material on it here. Trial and error. Premium if you can do it is way to go on this one. But Xanax is a good take--along with the TK already had a flipper issue and need to replace a rollover switch in under 200 plays. The UV is cool and it's a lot of fun to play. Projector is way better than imagined.

#6558 3 years ago

100% is as good as it gets. Just have to get it perfect. And it ain’t easy like others have said.

#6559 3 years ago

I am looking for an UV Kit for the Premium Version.
It is sold out everywhere in Europe. Does anyone know a contact where i can buy one?

#6560 3 years ago

I am unable to complete the download of the Strange Things Pro 1.00 code update. I've tried it over several days and on different computers but keep getting the same "couldn't download" response. I can download the premium/LE code without any issues....maybe I need to trade my Pro for a Premium.

Any ideas on how to get the Pro code update to download?

#6561 3 years ago

Nope. I let stern know of these issues, but it’s clearly not fixed.

I think someone got it to work by downloading to their phone first?

#6562 3 years ago

Download the sd card image and flash it. That's how I upgraded my pro.

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you updated a Spike2 machine with that particular USB stick before?

No sir, this is my only Spike II game and it will be the first time I updated the code. I did try another USB stick, same result... that message that I can't remove the USB stick worries me, which I got with both sticks... I did as you advised and turned the PC off and then took it out, with both USB sticks... no change... I'm now downloading the code using a different PC and will use a 3rd different USB stick!!

Im a bit puzzled about the best way to un-zip the code... when I right click on the zipped file I see the below options... any advice on the best way to unzip it from these options?

20201128_155350 (resized).jpg20201128_155350 (resized).jpg
#6564 3 years ago

Previously I just double clicked on the zipped folder and it immediately showed me the two files in a folder(photographed below) which I then dragged across to the USB stick... from this description, does it sound like I unzipped them? The file sizes seem big enough, so it looks like they're un-zipped... to me...

20201127_200229 (resized).jpg20201127_200229 (resized).jpg

#6565 3 years ago

Yes Chuck--If you blame any shot you don't make on "I just didn't hit it hard enough" and that's why--it is 100%. LOL

#6566 3 years ago

Previously I just double clicked on the zipped folder and it immediately showed me the two files in a folder(photographed below) which I then dragged across to the USB stick... from this description, does it sound like I unzipped them? The file sizes seem big enough, so it looks like they're un-zipped... to me...
[quoted image]

pinballslave I have always just reformatted the USB stick, then in Windows 10 used the OS extractor. This will put the two files in their own folder. Cut and paste both unpacked files directly onto the USB drive. No folders or other files can be on the USB drive. Insert drive into a USB port (either one is fine), turn on power, you should see a prompt to upgrade, open the coin door to proceed with the upgrade. I usually do full and verify (takes longer but I do it when I have time anyway). Once update is done, power down the machine, wait a few seconds, remove the USB drive and turn the pin back on. The nodes boards will update and within a few minutes the machine is ready to go. I have never had an issue updating code with these step by step instructions.

#6567 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Your files should have a .spk extension. If they don’t, the game can’t find the files. You need to extract the files. Right click on the file, extract.

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

then in Windows 10 used the OS extractor.

I've followed most of what you said and I think it's what I'm doing, the only bit I'm unclear about is the 'OS extractor' bit... I'm simply clicking on the zipped file and it appears to put two files in a folder, which I then drag across to the USB stick... if I right click I don't have the option to use an 'OS extractor' to un-zip the files... By right clicking on the zipped folder I have the option 'open' which is the default action by left clicking on the zipped folder... is this the same as using the OS extractor? Do the file sizes of the files I see when I do this tie-in with what you'd expect when the files are correctly un-zipped (2 files about 1.95GB and 1.67GB)?

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Your files should have a .spk extension.

As per below...?

20201128_170951 (resized).jpg20201128_170951 (resized).jpg

I don't need to remove the digits after the .spk to make them work... do I...

#6570 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Yes Chuck--If you blame any shot you don't make on "I just didn't hit it hard enough" and that's why--it is 100%. LOL

Nope. You hit the shot from a trap or an inlane feed it will go 100% of the time. Sloppy ones even go most of the time.

I had my to a point that perfect shots should only make it 80-85% of the time. Those are now 100% of the time with the adjustments and fans.

#6571 3 years ago

As per below...?
[quoted image]

You must unzip the folder. It will then make an unzipped version of the folder. Then copy the two spk files to your usb stick.

#6572 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You must unzip the folder.

I believe I have done that by clicking on the zipped folder. The result of clicking on the folder gave rise to 2 files, sizes about 1.95GB and 1.67GB... if this is not 'un-zipping'... can anyone explain exactly what un-zipping is and how to do it? In doing this, for me to understand, it's probably best if you imagine you're speaking to a 5 year old

#6573 3 years ago

Right click on it and select unzip. It will create another copy of the folder. Just clicking on it doesn’t unzip it I don’t think.

#6574 3 years ago

My PC is doing this now... to a software moron it looks excellent!

20201128_172731 (resized).jpg20201128_172731 (resized).jpg
#6575 3 years ago

How old is that computer? Haven’t seen those windows formats since the mid 90s.

#6576 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How old is that computer? Haven’t seen those windows formats since the mid 90s.

Ha ha... this is my 'old' pc... After I failed with my new PC, I decided to try with the old one... on the new PC, 'unzip' was not an option when I right click on the zipped folder... here are the options I see:

20201128_173554 (resized).jpg20201128_173554 (resized).jpg
#6577 3 years ago

Extract all is what you want.

#6578 3 years ago

Solved it in the end... all it took is for me to use my antique PC running Windows 7 instead of my relatively new PC running Windows 10... with the new PC there seemed to be a problem taking the USB stick out, I got a message saying I can't remove it because programs are open, even though they weren't... even following vireland's advice of turning the PC off and then removing the USB stick didn't work... using the SAME USB that failed in my new PC in the old PC worked... also, only clicked on the zipped folder, didn't need to 'extract'... by the way... it just took about 2hrs to download the code to the old PC. Sorry for my multiple posts on this and thanks for all the advice!

#6579 3 years ago

confirmation that STERN link is working, just tried to download for testing, all goes quick and full 100%...

#6580 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

all goes quick

Unless you have my PC!!

#6581 3 years ago

well, depends more on the speed connexion, mine is not really "hot", i'm downloading at 30 to 40 megas (because behind CPL)

#6582 3 years ago

As per below...?
[quoted image]

No digits after the .spk or else game won’t recognize the files.

#6583 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, depends more on the speed connexion,

I used 2 different PCs one after the other... one took about 20 mins, the other took about 2hrs... both appeared to download the files properly (were both the same file sizes after un-zipping) I'm pretty sure the connection speed was the same in both cases... no-one else was using the WiFi in the house in both cases... my old PC is very slow, but in the end, it was the only one that did the job.

Quoted from Lermods:

No digits after the .spk

I left the digits there... it was OK.

#6584 3 years ago

Solved it in the end... all it took is for me to use my antique PC running Windows 7 instead of my relatively new PC running Windows 10... with the new PC there seemed to be a problem taking the USB stick out, I got a message saying I can't remove it because programs are open, even though they weren't... even following vireland's advice of turning the PC off and then removing the USB stick didn't work... using the SAME USB that failed in my new PC in the old PC worked... also, only clicked on the zipped folder, didn't need to 'extract'... by the way... it just took about 2hrs to download the code to the old PC. Sorry for my multiple posts on this and thanks for all the advice!

Glad you got it working at last!

#6585 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad you got it working at last!

I think most people are glad who read this topic so they no longer have to trudge through my posts

#6586 3 years ago

I think most people are glad who read this topic so they no longer have to trudge through my posts

I think your main problem was extracting the files straight to the USB stick. It takes a LOT longer and isn't reliable. So even on Windows 10 you needed to extract to a folder on your drive C hard disk (or any hard disk that isn't the USB) and THEN transfer THOSE files to the USB. It also explains why the system wasn't letting go of the USB - it was still "in use" by the system extractor. So next time, even on Windows 10 you can probably make a go of it if you extract files to the hard drive first and then copy THOSE.

Also, Avengers updates haven't been zipped at all. I hope that's the way all the Stern releases go from now on. Skip the unzip step that confuses more than just you and just copy one file to the USB with no unzipping...

#6587 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So next time, even on Windows 10 you can probably make a go of it if you extract files to the hard drive first and then copy THOSE.

I copied the files to my desktop before moving them to the USB stick... isn't that essentially the same as what you're saying should work, or do you mean I should make a folder 'somewhere' on my hard-drive and copy the files to there?

#6588 3 years ago

I copied the files to my desktop before moving them to the USB stick... isn't that essentially the same as what you're saying should work, or do you mean I should make a folder 'somewhere' on my hard-drive and copy the files to there?

Dunno. In the picture you posted with the 22 minute busybar, it's copying the zipped files from the zip directly to your USB drive.

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In the picture you posted with the 22 minute busybar, it's copying the zipped files from the zip directly to your USB drive.

That was what proved to be the successful attempt from my old PC... the failed attempt was after I transferred them to the desktop earlier using my new PC...

#6590 3 years ago

Anyway, all's well that ends well... and now I've proven the new code with a few games, time to get back to the tiling in my basement

20201128_213337 (resized).jpg20201128_213337 (resized).jpg
#6591 3 years ago

MXV skill shot is fun. Got it a few times. More of a luck shot than a skill shot. Love the addition of the drawings. Love this game except for the demodog modes. Wish you could still make progress during them. I'd have no issues if that were the case.

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from Ajonh:

hello all ,
get to download the pro v1.0?

Yes but it took me 5 tries. I think sterns servers are bogged down because several updates dropped on the same day.

#6593 3 years ago

Anyone can send me Lonnie Ropp’s business mail address? Thanks already

#6594 3 years ago

Stranger Things pro with 3000 plays for $4500. Yay or nay?

#6595 3 years ago

Seems pretty cheap to me. Not sure what NIB was for them.

#6596 3 years ago

Stranger Things pro with 3000 plays for $4500. Yay or nay?

in fact 3000 plays does mean nothing, simply beacuse 3000 plays from a wizard guy will be much different that 3000 plays from a family with 2 or 3 young childs having very short games...

(if you can) just check the pin, thats the only way to really know

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

in fact 3000 plays does mean nothing, simply beacuse 3000 plays from a wizard guy will be much different that 3000 plays from a family with 2 or 3 young childs having very short games...
(if you can) just check the pin, thats the only way to really know

It was on route and is 6 and half hours from me is the problem

#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems pretty cheap to me. Not sure what NIB was for them.

$5899 NIB and it was on route

#6599 3 years ago

Then expect it to have only been cleaned maybe once if at all. I’d try for as close to 4 as possible if you cannot inspect it beforehand.

#6600 3 years ago

$5899 NIB and it was on route

No way that was street price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/132?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.