IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 448.
#6501 3 years ago

Not that I can see, this opto is deep and in the dark even in a well lit room. My pinball room is dark usually with only the lights of the machine on. Really odd. Very reproducible on my machine. I guess next step up is node board.

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

you have to plunge the drop skill shot and then ball has to deflect directly into the scoop for the award.

Yep, I think you still have to hit the lit drop and then deflect over to the saucer. I did it once and my daughter did it once tonight, and it started the 6 million skill shot video then when it landed in the saucer it changed to a cool 30 million.

#6503 3 years ago

I gave this pin some grief when it came out.... now I'm seriously considering buying one. Great code development.

#6504 3 years ago

So if you have the sound mod installed meaning you wrote a new sd card and then you down load a usb with 1.00 you can just do a reg install and the game will rewrite the sd card,or do I need to install the orginal stern sd first?befor i load 1.00
Thanks

#6505 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Not that I can see, this opto is deep and in the dark even in a well lit room. My pinball room is dark usually with only the lights of the machine on. Really odd. Very reproducible on my machine. I guess next step up is node board.

I meant lights within the machine. On Metallica they had issues with leds within the game messing with the optos they were using for the drop targets. Once they shielded this lights, the issue was fixed.

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So if you have the sound mod installed meaning you wrote a new sd card and then you down load a usb with 1.00 you can just do a reg install and the game will rewrite the sd card,or do I need to install the orginal stern sd first?befor i load 1.00
Thanks

Yes that will work fine. And it will keep all your settings too.

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I meant lights within the machine. On Metallica they had issues with leds within the game messing with the optos they were using for the drop targets. Once they shielded this lights, the issue was fixed.

I'll look to see if I see anything like that. Its a pretty protected area under all of those upside-down plastics so I would be surprised if it was light issues. They are the same optos on the ramps and those get hit with a lot more light. It'll be interesting to see what Stern says next. They have been really good about helping through all the issues. Just sucks I've had so many with this machine. My munsters has been nearly flawless. Other than putting cliffys on I've not had to touch that machine mechanically

#6508 3 years ago

Always a crapshoot when buying new unfortunately. Hopefully they get you sorted.

#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes that will work fine. And it will keep all your settings too.

So updating over Cleland code will not get rid of his music?

#6510 3 years ago

I didn’t say that. Haha. Just said you can leave the Cleland Sd card in the game, update with Stern code via usb, and it will work. It effectively overwrites the Cleland code with stern code.

#6511 3 years ago

I have two SD cards. One for Stern updates and one for Cleland. Backup just incase.

#6512 3 years ago

I lost my spare so that’s when I found out I could just back up my settings, load stern code when that comes out, and reflash the card when Cleland updates come out.

#6513 3 years ago

So how’s the new code. Want to load it but love the Cleland sound update.

#6515 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

load stern code when that comes out, and reflash the card when Cleland updates come out.

And during this 'reflashing' process of the cleland code, would you plan to do that by leaving the SD card in the game, and get the cleland code there by USB stick, or would you buy a 2nd SD card and flash the cleland code to that using an SD card writer and swap that with the SD card in the game?

#6516 3 years ago

Dude. We just talked about this over PM. Haha. Nothing has changed since this morning.

Read this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod#post-5543188

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dude. We just talked about this over PM. Haha. Nothing has changed since this morning.

Read this thread.

Understood, and I know now (thanks to your clarification) that the preferred and recommended method is to get a 2nd SD card and put the code on that using an SD writer... but since you've lost your 2nd SD card I was curious how you'd proceed in that case... option 3 is to take the SD card out of the game and flash the cleland code to that using an SD writer, then put it back in

#6518 3 years ago

We have a winner! Turkey is on me. Haha

#6519 3 years ago

Anyone else found the cow on the playfield yet?

#6520 3 years ago

Thanks a lot. Just loaded the new code. Such an awesome game, love the layout, sounds, and music. I’m so glad I got one. Just made the MXV skill shot as well, 30 mil bonus to start off a game is great!

#6521 3 years ago

I keep JUST missing that skill shot. So glad they added that. Lots of fun to go for. 30mm seems like a great payoff too. Hopefully it increases if you can do it multiple times in the game too.

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I keep JUST missing that skill shot. So glad they added that. Lots of fun to go for.

The ball seems to hang around on the edge of the hole, then roll towards the flippers... regularly so this 30mil for making that shot, it's only applicable on the latest code? I know, I should read the readme...

#6524 3 years ago

Just noticed the hologram toppers for sale in the ads under these topics... not seen them before... they look like they could be pretty cool... anyone any experience with them?

#6525 3 years ago

Managed the super skillshot tonight as well. Total accident but was really cool to see.

#6526 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Just noticed the hologram toppers for sale in the ads under these topics... not seen them before... they look like they could be pretty cool... anyone any experience with them?

Get one from Aliexpress for $60 and load your own video on them (there are dozens of ads for cheap ones).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001286387339.html

Basically with the one in the pinside ad you saw, you're paying a LOT extra for the support, and from what I've seen with complaints on the forums, the support ranges from bad to none.

This post from the product thread pretty much sums up the majority of the pinside experience I've seen with it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/12#post-5591153

But there are some pinsiders with tips in there for rolling your own, so the last 10-15 pages are worth a read.

#6527 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Basically you're paying for the support, and from what I've seen with complaints on the forums, the support ranges from bad to none.

I can vouch for this. Ordered a TZ lighted panel. Only received part of what I paid for. Took forever to get a response. Finally received the remainder and when I went to hook it up it was wired wrong. Tried and tried to get support with zero response. Terrible seller.

#6528 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I can vouch for this. Ordered a TZ lighted panel. Only received part of what I paid for. Took forever to get a response. Finally received the remainder and when I went to hook it up it was wired wrong. Tried and tried to get support with zero response. Terrible seller.

Always a bummer to see poor/no support products, especially when there are ads still in the store selling it.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I keep JUST missing that skill shot. So glad they added that. Lots of fun to go for. 30mm seems like a great payoff too. Hopefully it increases if you can do it multiple times in the game too.

It's nearly. Impossible. It has like 1 second after launch to hit. The regular one. Then it has to almost accidentally bounce into the hole within like 1 to 1.5 seconds lol. I did it manually with the glass off and still only got it if it was like instantly after the skill shot lol.

#6530 3 years ago

just watched the stream
seems this more a (very) lucky shot than a skill one...

#6531 3 years ago

If their anything like the mods they sell stay clear! Over priced off the shelf $1 shit with an LED in them, still remember removing some of these off an Aerosmith, worst mods I’ve ever seen.

#6532 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just watched the stream

didnt watched the talks pre-game, and than, did i missed talks about a possible VM !?
or its how i feel it, that was "no comment" on that point ?

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just watched the stream

Nah. Just needs to be just right. I like it. Like the gem shot bank off the tron targets. Very small margin of error.

#6534 3 years ago

Yes---blast it into the drops and hope for a lucky bounce--fun shot. You can also try and soft plunge to flipper area and shoot it in. Try not to hit any switches.I have hit a couple in that way.

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

You can also try and soft plunge to flipper area and shoot it in.Try not to hit any switches.I have hit a couple in that way.

You only get 10 mil that way...

#6536 3 years ago

Correct--30 mil you have to blast the drops and ricochet in or I hit one on the fly--direct soft plunge to the hole. That is a really tough shot.

#6537 3 years ago

Very interested in finding a prem/LE with the latest updates. Can’t recall if the Stern side blades react with the UV kit or would mirror blades work just as well. Thanks all!

#6538 3 years ago

Dumb question time... again... not having done a code update on this game yet, where do I put the USB stick... in one of these slots? If so, does it matter which one?

Thanks!!

20201127_194654 (resized).jpg20201127_194654 (resized).jpg
#6539 3 years ago

Yep, doesnt matter which one.

#6540 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like the gem shot bank off the tron targets. Very small margin of error.

well, i was getting that shot quite often and it was on a LE, than even harder than a PRO...

#6541 3 years ago

Here's what the Stern instructions say:

Insert the USB stick. Turn the game on. After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update. The volume buttons change options for full or quick update.

When I put my USB stick in and then turn the game on, the game just goes into attract mode... I had the coin door open before I turned it on in anticipation of having to operate the volume buttons, and the game simply told me the coin door is open... I then pulled out the coin door interlock knob and it went into attract mode... below is a shot of my pc screen showing the code on the USB stick... I'm wondering if they un-zipped OK... but they seem to be un-zipped...

20201127_200229 (resized).jpg20201127_200229 (resized).jpg
#6542 3 years ago

When I tried to safely remove the USB stick, I did get the below message, but all programs were closed, so I removed it anyway... maybe the USB stick has a problem...

Me and anything software related don't see eye to eye!!

20201127_201426 (resized).jpg20201127_201426 (resized).jpg

#6543 3 years ago

When I tried to safely remove the USB stick, I did get the below message, but all programs were closed, so I removed it anyway... maybe the USB stick has a problem...
My and anything software related don't see eye to eye!!
[quoted image]

Reformat the USB with FAT-32 and try again. You may have damaged the file system by pulling it out when it was in use. Worst case scenario if you can't get it to release the USB, just close down windows and when the machine is off, the usb is closed.

Also, do not use the built in windows zip functionality. It can make bad files when unzipping Stern updates. Use WinRAR or something like that to unzip the files.

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Reformat the USB with FAT-32 and try again.

Oooooo kayyyyy... thanks for the tip! Will Google how to do that

#6545 3 years ago

Oooooo kayyyyy... thanks for the tip! Will Google how to do that

It's super-easy. Just right click on the usb drive letter, select format (make SURE you've selected the correct drive so you don't erase your OS or some other important drive), then on the options menu that comes up, select Fat32.

#6546 3 years ago

Easier than I expected!! You da maaan!

20201127_204724 (resized).jpg20201127_204724 (resized).jpg

#6547 3 years ago

Went to play AFMr today at one arcade then went to play ST pro again after. I felt really underwhelmed with AFM and really found ST a more enjoyable game. Family is trying to figure out which next pin will be NIB purchase or possibly used depending on which one we get.

Right now for me it’s between ST and Elvira HOH. I really want both in the collection at some point.

So for ST, pro or premium? I contacted two sellers who one has a pro with 3000 plays for $4800 and other has a premium for $7100 shipped with under 100 plays.

For used pro I am thinking $4500 and used premium offering $6800. What do you think? Or just get NIB pro or premium ?

#6548 3 years ago

Premium all the way. The projections and ball lock...when it works..transform the game.

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Premium all the way. The projections and ball lock...when it works..transform the game.

What’s the issue with the ball lock? Thanks for your reply

#6550 3 years ago

it didnt lock... :/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.