IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 448.
#551 4 years ago

I bought my kenwoods 30 dollars for the pair free shipping from amazon.

#552 4 years ago

Messaged ZMeny literally less than 2 days ago about this game on facebook. Here she sits, going to be a long rest of the day at work.

Thanks ZMeny & Flip N Out Pinball! Stupid fast service.

st (resized).jpgst (resized).jpg
#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Any idea What sub are they using in the LE’s?

No, sorry.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Here’s the pic u requested of under the playfield. I installed my shaker motor this morning and took this pic for ya while I had it up. Hope this helps ![quoted image]

Thank you very much for doing that. Nice to see the support brackets come on the pro I thought I would have to buy some...

The online manual is not available yet, can anyone take a pic of their manual at all of the solenoid list.
Sorry for all the requests. I am getting a Pro but fully tearing it down before playing and customising alot of it. New cab decals, reclear touch up playfield, speakers translite etc.
I like custom stuff alot - this is my first NIB and first new Stern. A 50th birthday present. The theme and Brian Eddy layout got me over the line.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thank you very much for doing that. Nice to see the support brackets come on the pro I thought I would have to buy some...
The online manual is not available yet, can anyone take a pic of their manual at all of the solenoid list.
Sorry for all the requests. I am getting a Pro but fully tearing it down before playing and customising alot of it. New cab decals, reclear touch up playfield, speakers translite etc.
I like custom stuff alot - this is my first NIB and first new Stern. A 50th birthday present. The theme and Brian Eddy layout got me over the line.

I can do that too. I’ve been super busy installing mods today on my machine. Shaker motor went in easy peesy. Lighting kit not so much. Some of it operator error and some of it fitting issues. But I think I’ve found a happy medium.

#556 4 years ago

is there a way to upload a video from my phone here? I wanted to show the speaker light kit installed on my machine today.

#557 4 years ago

You have to upload to YouTube then post a link here.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Any recommendations on a comfy floor mat to stand on while I’m playing long sessions on my new machine ? My feet get to hurting when I’m standing for long periods of time. I’m not so young anymore !

picked up one of these to be delivered soon, don't know about comfy but pretty cool!

12054022-3724653524319777 (resized).jpg12054022-3724653524319777 (resized).jpg
#559 4 years ago

Love that rug!!!!

Also. Wtf? This seems impossible.

EF5169C8-8442-429E-9823-22290812D8A3 (resized).jpegEF5169C8-8442-429E-9823-22290812D8A3 (resized).jpeg
#560 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Love that rug!!!!
Also. Wtf? This seems impossible.[quoted image]

Haha. Believe it.

#561 4 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the center ramp to the demo coming down ? My wife and I were playing tonight and for whatever reason, whenever either one of us got to the demo mode, the ramp wouldn’t come down! The mode was active, but couldn’t hit the demo toy! So I rebooted the machine a couple times but still wouldn’t work. I finally unplugged the game and plugged back in, and then it started working. Although not quite right. Like sometimes, the ramp won’t go all the way down until the ball rolls onto it. It’s so weird. Only my second day having this thing and it’s got me bummed out and kinda mad. Suggestions ?????

#562 4 years ago

Oh yeah. One more thing. I noticed the first time I booted up the machine, and ever since; that the lcd screen flashes this message “48v disabled” and then moves on. I’ve never owned this new of a machine and I don’t know what that means. Anyone? Could this be the problem with the center ramp operating correctly ???

#563 4 years ago

Has nothing to do with your center ramp.

Put the game in test mode using the buttons inside the coin door. Find the test for the center ramp. See if you can give us more info after doing that.

#564 4 years ago

I tried that. And it failed the test. Said no power or something like that. So then I unplugged the machine for a bit then turned it back on and it started working again but it’s not coming down all the way.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I tried that. And it failed the test. Said no power or something like that. So then I unplugged the machine for a bit then turned it back on and it started working again but it’s not coming down all the way.

Pop the hood and visually inspect all the connections going to the mech. Make sure no wires are impeding the movement of the mech and reseat all connectors to the mech.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Oh yeah. One more thing. I noticed the first time I booted up the machine, and ever since; that the lcd screen flashes this message “48v disabled” and then moves on. I’ve never owned this new of a machine and I don’t know what that means. Anyone? Could this be the problem with the center ramp operating correctly ???

My game gives the 48v message too, I think it’s normal on boot.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My game gives the 48v message too, I think it’s normal on boot.

Same with me. Never had an issue with the ramp though. Sorry to hear although I'm sure it will get figured out.

#568 4 years ago

ill look more into it, but just tried chuckwurt s suggestion of testing the ramp via service menu. oddly everything disables when you open the coin door, lights go out, nothing works, etc. i had to hold in the button simulating the coin door being shut, then i could perform service testing. unsure if this is normal, but my metallica doesnt disable anything when the coin door is open.

probably a setting, but looking into it now.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pop the hood and visually inspect all the connections going to the mech. Make sure no wires are impeding the movement of the mech and reseat all connectors to the mech.

Ok. So I just did a test on the center ramp mech and it’s working this time. Goes up and down, but it’s still not touching the playfield. It’s like an 1/8” or so away from the PF in the down position.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

but my metallica doesnt disable anything when the coin door is open.

Pull the white nipple looking switch out from just inside the left side of the coin door. That will restore power everywhere.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Ok. So I just did a test on the center ramp mech and it’s working this time. Goes up and down, but it’s still not touching the playfield. It’s like an 1/8” or so away from the PF in the down position.

Again. Make sure your mech isn’t obstructed at all from underneath the playfield. I also believe you can set the down position of the ramp in the settings or test menu. Not sure where that’s at though.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Again. Make sure your mech isn’t obstructed at all from underneath the playfield. I also believe you can set the down position of the ramp in the settings or test menu. Not sure where that’s at though.

Yeah I looked under the playfield and I didn’t see anything obstructing. I’ll look again in the morning when I have more light. But I sure would like to know where the adjustment is to set the position of the ramp. That would be useful. Also; should I make a tech support call to stern tomorrow? I’m feeling really anxious about this issue after dumping 6k into this machine.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah I looked under the playfield and I didn’t see anything obstructing. I’ll look again in the morning when I have more light. But I sure would like to know where the adjustment is to set the position of the ramp. That would be useful

There aren’t that many menu options and it’s best to get familiar with everything in there so take a spin and see if you can find it and report back.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've finally got some time on my Pro and I am loving the game. I got the setup in the sweetspot for me.
Perfectly level left to right, pitch at 7.1 degrees and flipper power dialed down to 170 (Stock is 255).
I'm able to hit everything just fine and the center drops are not nearly as dangerous as when flipper power is full strength.
Demogorgan shot is 1-3 attempts max on either flipper for me. Game flows like butter, I'm really liking it.

Just wanted to say thanks for this feedback. Set my machine up identical to this. Wont be playing till tomorrow, but its ready

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just wanted to say thanks for this feedback. Set my machine up identical to this. Wont be playing till tomorrow, but its ready

Sure thing! Please report back and let me know how it all works out for you. I can nail the Demogorgan shot usually on the first try with a trap on either flipper, sometimes two but I'm pretty consistent. The game is just a blast to shoot, I'm also using Perfectplay flipper rubbers.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There aren’t that many menu options and it’s best to get familiar with everything in there so take a spin and see if you can find it and report back.

Alright. So I checked the menu options and couldn’t find anything that had to do with positioning of the center ramp.

#577 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/68#post-5385952

Read thus. Mentions adjusting the down position switch. Ping this guy for help. Your down position switch might be registering too early.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakecamp:

Le ordered. Will be my first machine in 21 years. Shack attack was my jam back in the day

My first pin is shaq attaq....this will probably be my next.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

picked up one of these to be delivered soon, don't know about comfy but pretty cool![quoted image]

Very cool! Where'd you get the rug?

#580 4 years ago

online at a place called Zavvi

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Anyone else having issues with the center ramp to the demo coming down ? My wife and I were playing tonight and for whatever reason, whenever either one of us got to the demo mode, the ramp wouldn’t come down! The mode was active, but couldn’t hit the demo toy! So I rebooted the machine a couple times but still wouldn’t work. I finally unplugged the game and plugged back in, and then it started working. Although not quite right. Like sometimes, the ramp won’t go all the way down until the ball rolls onto it. It’s so weird. Only my second day having this thing and it’s got me bummed out and kinda mad. Suggestions ?????

Have you checked the one way ball gate in the mystery lane? These have been coming off and can interfere with the ramp movement.

#582 4 years ago

We will be adding an interactive option for our spinning arcade sign. It will be active with the Quarter Hunt insert. It is not our preferred choice to make it interactive, but we are happy to offer it for those who might want the option. I would recommend you choose the faster spinning motor because when the insert is flashing, you will barely see the sign spinning with a part motor as the signal to the motor will be pulsing. When the insert is lit solid, you'll see the slower motor work fine, but this insert flashes a lot. You can also choose a different insert to key off if you like by moving the sensor wire. Plug and play. It will be up as an option on our website shortly. For me personally, I prefer the constant spin on this mod, particularly for attract mode.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstranger-things-pinball-interactive-spinning-arcade-sign

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Have you checked the one way ball gate in the mystery lane? These have been coming off and can interfere with the ramp movement.

Can u explain a little more? I’m new to owning pinball machines so I’m not quite sure what I’m looking for ???

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We will be adding an interactive option for our spinning arcade sign. It will be active with the Quarter Hunt insert. It is not our preferred choice to make it interactive, but we are happy to offer it for those who might want the option. I would recommend you choose the faster spinning motor because when the insert is flashing, you will barely see the sign spinning with a part motor as the signal to the motor will be pulsing. When the insert is lit solid, you'll see the slower motor work fine, but this insert flashes a lot. You can also choose a different insert to key off if you like by moving the sensor wire. Plug and play. It will be up as an option on our website shortly. For me personally, I prefer the constant spin on this mod, particularly for attract mode.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstranger-things-pinball-interactive-spinning-arcade-sign

not a huge deal if its a pain, but do you happen to have pics of your ice blue trough light?

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Can u explain a little more? I’m new to owning pinball machines so I’m not quite sure what I’m looking for ???

if you look at the lanes, you will see something that is u shaped made out of thin wire. these are designed for the ball to hit them and travel through, but if the ball comes rolling back, it wont allow it, this is the one way gate. I assume they want you to take a look and see if those may have fallen off and possibly are causing your issue.

#586 4 years ago

Got to play the game (PRO) last night for the first time at my local distributor.

Disclaimer: I'm a very casual player, haven't played many of the newer titles and if so just a few games likely.

Stranger Things was a blast. Very fast, music was great, and when the Demogorgan appeared very exciting. Was able to hit him after a couple shots one game, wasn't able to hit him the next, but seemed appropriately difficult. Very excited to see how projection adds to the experience, but based on what I saw so far, it could really add to the immersive/spooky experience.

Yes I noticed dimpling on the playfield.

Never bought a NIB, seriously considering this in future.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/500-7048-00/large.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#588 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

not a huge deal if its a pain, but do you happen to have pics of your ice blue trough light?

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstranger-things-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit

Screenshot_20200116-102734 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-102734 (resized).png
#589 4 years ago

Dead Flip will be streaming the Premium tonight at 6pm Central time

#590 4 years ago

In-case any may have missed a little preview, I do love the projected targets and added Arcade spinning sign to ramps. Really looks cool.. wonder if the brightness or contrast can be adjusted to give it a little more vivid coloring.

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/501308750516678/

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

In-case any may have missed a little preview, I do love the projected targets and added Arcade spinning sign to ramps. Really looks cool.. wonder if the brightness or contrast can be adjusted to give it a little more vivid coloring.
https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/501308750516678/

Thx for posting, looks very cool. I wonder if people will be concerned about the arcade sign spinning too fast, lol.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Messaged zmeny literally less than 2 days ago about this game on facebook. Here she sits, going to be a long rest of the day at work.
Thanks zmeny & Flip N Out Pinball! Stupid fast service.[quoted image]

Thanks. Flip N Out = Flip N Fast

Glad it got there safe, now enjoy the hell out of it buddy.

#593 4 years ago

So I just got off the phone with stern tech support about my ramp issue. Tech walked me through a couple different diagnostics tests. And he’s sending me out a new i/o board and a new motor just in case. Told me to try the board first and if that doesn’t work, then swap out motor as well. I’m happy with the customer service of stern, but not happy that this issue has occurred. Especially since it’s my first NIB purchase. I mean. 6k for a new machine! Where’s the QC at? A little frustrated if you can’t tell.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I just got off the phone with stern tech support about my ramp issue. Tech walked me through a couple different diagnostics tests. And he’s sending me out a new i/o board and a new motor just in case. Told me to try the board first and if that doesn’t work, then swap out motor as well. I’m happy with the customer service of stern, but not happy that this issue has occurred. Especially since it’s my first NIB purchase. I mean. 6k for a new machine! Where’s the QC at? A little frustrated if you can’t tell.

Didn’t the game work when you got it? Shit happens. Not saying their QC is top notch but they can’t play a game for a week before shipping it out to you. These things are always breaking. Always. New old doesn’t matter.

Glad they are taking care of you. Hopefully it it back to 100% soon.

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Sorry for your frustration, but new pinball is still pinball and stuff will fail. You'll be up an running in no time, and learn some things along the way.

#596 4 years ago

Yeah it worked for the first day. Second day, not so much. I mean. I’m satisfied with Their customer service. He took care of me and yeah I get it. These boards go bad but I didn’t expect they go bad this soon! I mean. I get that maybe they got a bad batch of I/o boards. It happens. But wow. My wife isn’t happy about it either. Doesn’t help her confidence in my purchase. I get it though. It’s still playable. Just can’t do the demo modes is all. Wifey was noticing the little dimples on the playfield too. She wasn’t happy about that. Anyone else getting these ?

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Pinball can be frustrating. I get how you feel, that's just pinball.

Hundred of parts and lots of points of potential failure.

I expect things to break or need tweaking. Doesn't matter how much I paid for it, or if it's old or new.

It's best to embrace it, and look at issues as an opportunity to learn.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah it worked for the first day. Second day, not so much. I mean. I’m satisfied with Their customer service. He took care of me and yeah I get it. These boards go bad but I didn’t expect they go bad this soon! I mean. I get that maybe they got a bad batch of I/o boards. It happens. But wow. My wife isn’t happy about it either. Doesn’t help her confidence in my purchase. I get it though. It’s still playable. Just can’t do the demo modes is all. Wifey was noticing the little dimples on the playfield too. She wasn’t happy about that. Anyone else getting these ?

Yes. 100% of games will have these.

#599 4 years ago

Won’t keep me from playing it though!

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:Yeah it worked for the first day. Second day, not so much. I mean. I’m satisfied with Their customer service. He took care of me and yeah I get it. These boards go bad but I didn’t expect they go bad this soon! I mean. I get that maybe they got a bad batch of I/o boards. It happens. But wow. My wife isn’t happy about it either. Doesn’t help her confidence in my purchase. I get it though. It’s still playable. Just can’t do the demo modes is all. Wifey was noticing the little dimples on the playfield too. She wasn’t happy about that. Anyone else getting these ?

My game has 0 plays, and will 100 percent have dimples tonight . Sounds odd but overtime they do blend in, happened on my Metallica, will happen on my Stranger Things, and will happen on almost any machine I play from today till the end of time. As someone totally new, it can be frustrating, but I promise once you learn your way around the machine itll be no big deal.

The important thing is not to get frustrated, because you will just get more frustrated. When I first changed the plastic protectors on my Metallica I snapped another piece I was working on, and wanted to throw the damn thing in the wood chipper. I slept on it, did my due diligence and consulted the great community of pinside, and got it fixed up. Once I got the bugs worked out ive had easily over 1000 plays with 0 issue. Right , wrong , or indifferent, you WILL be working on this machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/12?hl=fredzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.