IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 448.
#6401 3 years ago

Thanks to Cleland I put the latest code on my machine today and after a good number of games my opto issues around the demogorgon appear to be resolved. Stern was adamant that the issues were the optos and I had read that there were some fixes to that area so I was hopeful. I've replaced those long throw optos twice now. Going to play a bunch more but none of the oddity I was seeing has happened since the update.

#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Question--got distracted and playfield dropped a bit--everything is fine but one thing. The Demo does not shake anymore--it registers shots but does not shake. I don't see anything--loose wires, etc. Anybody got any ideas on what it could be or what to look for?

First make sure the coil is actually firing. Should be able to do that in coil test. Then you might just need to adjust the post so it fires high enough to strike the demo’s tail and shake it.

#6403 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck---the coil could not fire because the bracket was bent. It really shakes now--more than before--might have been slightly off along along.

#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Thanks to Cleland I put the latest code on my machine today and after a good number of games my opto issues around the demogorgon appear to be resolved. Stern was adamant that the issues were the optos and I had read that there were some fixes to that area so I was hopeful. I've replaced those long throw optos twice now. Going to play a bunch more but none of the oddity I was seeing has happened since the update.

Dang, I knew posting this would be premature. Same issues I've been seeing with the demo exit opto are still happening. Sometimes missed and sometimes being double registered. Just took some time for it to start. Played for hours today and just started in the last game.

#6405 3 years ago

So I updated my premium to Clelands newest release and it’s been awesome. One thing of note that surprised me. I made sure to save my settings to a usb stick before updating the SD card but for some reason the projector settings didn’t make the transfer. On the old code I had tweaked some of the settings just to get the images to project more centered on the targets. Not a big deal, I did it again with the new update but I just found this weird. Anyone notice this or did I do something wrong? All the regular settings and high scores transferred perfectly.

#6406 3 years ago

Maybe you saved the settings before you adjusted it and forgot? I haven’t adjusted my projector in many revisions.

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that would be wild. Interested to see if they decide to add one. Nothing is confirmed, but I would be surprised if no video mode hits this game. It would be the first time Eddy did not have one.

even more it would be very nice with the theme, dig-dug, & Max

#6408 3 years ago

Who made this translight anyone know the creator

Thanks

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe you saved the settings before you adjusted it and forgot? I haven’t adjusted my projector in many revisions.

Thanks chuck but I had dialed in the projector settings way before I backed up to usb. Oh well, just a warning to everyone that you may lose those settings when updating the code.

#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Thanks

Thanks

Wow that is pretty awesome.

#6411 3 years ago

Thanks

I think his name is Kurt Savage.

#6412 3 years ago

He’s posted on this thread. Start at the beginning of the thread. He got one of the first pros that went international.

#6413 3 years ago

Thanks

That’s brilliant! Should have been factory that translite. I often look at my Tron LE and Avatar LE and think it would be nice if Stern made some unique translites again, those 3D ones look amazing and Stranger Things would have been perfect for something like this to set it apart.

#6414 3 years ago

I had a issue happen twice yesterday and wanted to see if anyone else has seen it.
After completing Morse code, the playfield lights do not come back on til you start something else. Mainly the lights showing progress to modes.

#6415 3 years ago

Hey Guys, I recently joined the club. With a NIB Pro. It was my 2nd NIB purchase. My first one was GB 3 years ago. Still have it, still love it
Around 6 month ago I started looking for another NIB. It took a while to figure out what game is the best for me, since themes don't do much for me.
I played all of the recent titles and Stranger Things gave me the best feeling. So I pulled the trigger on it. I went with the Pro since the Premium lock mechanism is frustrating as hell also I didn't care for the projector. The good thing with Stranger Things is, the Pro playfield isn't missing anything major compared to Premium/LE so there is no mini playfield or a ramp which changes the game. So all models basically play the same.
I am still happy with the game and have no regrets. The music is nice, so are the video animations. I just finished season 2 of the series. So I finally know, what is going an in the game

Just a few questions.
Is it possible to disable the annoying interlock switch?
Is anyone having issues with the ball jumping over the opto at the right ramp, so it doesn't register a "hard" shot? Also sometimes the ball jumps ofer the left ramp up-post?!
Also sometimes after completing a mode most of the inserts stay dark? I bet its a software issue.
I unboxed the game Nov.12 it was made Dec.6 2019 so I got some old stock. Well I am actually happy about it , so the playfield is nice and dry. But is there anything I have to look at, since I guess it's one of the first games off the line. It came with version .61

Maximilian

IMG_8317 (resized).jpgIMG_8317 (resized).jpgIMG_8418 (resized).jpgIMG_8418 (resized).jpg
#6416 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I had a issue happen twice yesterday and wanted to see if anyone else has seen it.
After completing Morse code, the playfield lights do not come back on til you start something else. Mainly the lights showing progress to modes.

Known bug. Stern is aware and should be fixed next update.

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Is it possible to disable the annoying interlock switch?

Yes. Put a flipper rubber around it.

Quoted from Midway-Man:

Is anyone having issues with the ball jumping over the opto at the right ramp, so it doesn't register a "hard" shot? Also sometimes the ball jumps ofer the left ramp up-post?!

The ramps should have covers on them at the turns to keep the ball down. Make sure yours has those.

Glad your playfield I dry. It would be a first if it was wet for some reason. Haha

Enjoy!

#6418 3 years ago

Check the up post in the left ramp as the early ones usually fail in about 200 games. Get the updated one from stern for permanent fix. Demo shot will likely be off and hard to hit reliably. Remove the post on the one way gate under the demo as a start. If that doesn't improve it you will need to lower the demo. Lots of info in this thread on how to do it.

#6419 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words on the translite mod. It came out really well.
I'm actually just about to do my pf swap with a tweaked up pf and reclear. Going to mirror polish all metal, move further with planned mods. I'll update pics when done.
Some more pics.
20200131_171803 (resized).jpg20200131_171803 (resized).jpg20200201_153328 (resized).jpg20200201_153328 (resized).jpg20200219_153534 (resized).jpg20200219_153534 (resized).jpg

IMG_20200418_150555 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_150555 (resized).jpg
#6420 3 years ago

I'm in the process of replacing those long throw optos under the demogorgon again. UGH it's such a chore to get to them as you have to take both left ramps off and all of the plastics and the demogorgon out. While in the process of doing this I noticed a broken screw head on the coin box. Great another mystery.

IMG_20201122_213049603 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_213049603 (resized).jpg

I eventually found where it came from. One of the coilstop screws from the right flipper. I thought that flipper was feeling weak.

IMG_20201122_213103711 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_213103711 (resized).jpg

I love this machine but at the same time I don't think it's ever worked 100% and it has been so frustrating for the last 11 months. I've had it apart so many times down to the playfield that everything shows wear and tear from being worked on so much.

#6421 3 years ago

Anyone know what screw I need to replace the broken one? Looks like they generally come on the base kit https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6617-00

#6422 3 years ago

Anyone know what screw I need to replace the broken one? Looks like they generally come on the base kit https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6617-00

10-32 1/2" (maybe 3/8"?). Get a cap head hex screw instead of the crap Stern uses.

Something like this, but shorter:
https://www.pinballlife.com/10-32-x-34-black-socket-head-bolt.html

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks for the kind words on the translite mod. It came out really well.
I'm actually just about to do my pf swap with a tweaked up pf and reclear. Going to mirror polish all metal, move further with planned mods. I'll update pics when done.
Some more pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow your game looks great, and way different than stock. Most people don’t have the balls to replace all the graphics, especially on a new game, kudos to you for taking the plunge. I like it’s simple, yet intimidating appearance.

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

10-32 1/2" (maybe 3/8"?). Get a cap head hex screw instead of the crap Stern uses.
Something like this, but shorter:
https://www.pinballlife.com/10-32-x-34-black-socket-head-bolt.html

Thanks, I might have a few of those in my parts box somewhere.

#6425 3 years ago

Thanks, I might have a few of those in my parts box somewhere.

You want a lock washer on each one, too.

#6426 3 years ago

I'm in the process of replacing those long throw optos under the demogorgon again.

I'm guessing those long throw optos are for registering a hit to the Demogorgon? You seem to have a lot of trouble with yours... is this a common issue?

#6427 3 years ago

I have a couple mods that both want to use the CN9 plug on the cabinet node board. What is the best way to accomplish this without doing any damage? Splitter? If so which one? I know all the other systems but first spike game I have had.

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm guessing those long throw optos are for registering a hit to the Demogorgon? You seem to have a lot of trouble with yours... is this a common issue?

I don't know how common this issue is. There are a TON of optos in the center area of the demogorgon. The one that I have the issue with is, for lack of a better name, the demogorgon exit opto. It's the one that completes words when sneaking behind the drops, starts the demogorgon mode, and completes some of the modes. On my machine, from time to time, I'll shoot up sneaking past the drops and it will not only complete the word but sometimes complete the next one or start the demogorgon mode. Sometimes it doesn't register at all.

IMG_20201123_074739166 (resized).jpgIMG_20201123_074739166 (resized).jpg

Replacing those optos is a royal pain and I hope no one else has to do so. I'm doing it for a second time right now.

#6429 3 years ago

At this point I would repin the connectors for the optos too. Seems like there’s a bad connection somewhere.

#6430 3 years ago

Replacing those optos is a royal pain and I hope no one else has to do so. I'm doing it for a second time right now.

Yes, they look like a nightmare to get to! Touch wood, mine are OK so far.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At this point I would repin the connectors for the optos too. Seems like there’s a bad connection somewhere.

That is one thing I have not done yet which is to trace it all the way back to the node board. Once the wires go into the bundles it becomes really hard to trace. I've reached out to Stern again but have not received a response in the last week. Hoping they can point me to the exact node board and connector for these so I don't have to trace. I think it's called the Center Lane Opto in the manual but I'm not entirely sure thats the right one

#6432 3 years ago

I was speaking to the interconnect connector under the playfield right below the optos in question. That connector may be bad or not pinned correctly

They usually label the opto wires too.

#6433 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was speaking to the interconnect connector under the playfield

When you start speaking to connectors, you know you've gone too deep into the hobby...

#6434 3 years ago

New game code!

LE/PRE V1.00 - November 24, 2020
=====================

- Added logic to hold the ball at the left ramp until the Send it Back,
Light the Fire, or Final Showdown "Drawing Jackpot" Collected presentation
is finished.
- Now a Drawing is awarded upon completing the highest Pop Bumper Threshold,
i.e. turning Dart into a Demodog.
- Now a Drawings is awarded for collecting a Telekinesis Multiball Super Jackpot.
A Double Super Jackpot awards 2 Drawings and a Triple Super Jackpot Awards
3 Drawings. The Max number of Telekinesis Multiball Drawings that can be
earned per game is 3 Drawings.
- Now a Drawing is awarded upon completing Break Out, Junk Yard, or It's a Trap.
- Fixed a problem where the "Drawing" collected as a Mystery Award was not
contributing to the End of Ball Bonus score.
- Fixed a problem where Telekinesis Multiball and the 5-Way Combo rule were
contributing the wrong score award to the End of Ball Bonus score.
- Added a revised Final Showdown Drawing Jackpot sound effect.
- Added Collect Drawing as a Mystery Award.
- Added Collect Drawings and Drawings Jackpot SFX.
- Added a "Drawings Collected" instant info page.
- Added a "Drawings Jackpot" award, given at the start of Send it Back, that is based
upon the number of Drawings Collected while playing Chapter 1 modes.
- Added a "Drawings Jackpot" award, given at the start of Light the Fire, that is based
upon the number of Drawings Collected while playing Chapter 2 modes.
- Added a "Drawings Jackpot" award, given at the start of Final Showdown, that is based
upon the total number of Drawings Collected throughout the game.
- Added new "Drawing Collected" videos that are seen upon collecting a drawing.
- Added new "Drawings Jackpot" videos that are seen at the start of Send it Back,
Light the Fire, and Final Showdown.
- Added logic to allow Chapter modes to add +1 or +2 Drawings for completing a mode.
- Added logic to Light Extra Ball upon collecting a set number of drawing, i.e. default
setting = 11 Drawings.
- Now balls are held in the trough until the Send it Back, Light the Fire, or
Final Showdown "Drawings Jackpot" Collected presentation is finished.
- Added a new palette color for Topper lights.
- Added 2 new Topper light shows.
- Added a Collect Drawings rule to handle all Drawings related logic.
- Added a new video for the MXV Skill Shot Award.
- Added a "Collect Drawings" award to the End of Ball Bonus rule. Drawings are collected
throughout the game, mostly by finishing Chapter Modes. Each drawing collected adds to
an award that is given at Bonus and at the start of Send it Back, Light the Fire, and
Final Showdown Multiball.
- Changed the order of the Mystery Awards given out during Competition mode.
- Added a MXV Skill Shot. This is earned by making a Skill Shot that is followed
immediately by making a Super Skill shot on the same plunge.
- Added logic for the Mystery rule to give out awards in a deterministic order when the
game is set to competition mode. The game walks through an ordered list of 20 awards to
determine if an award is available. If available the award is given, if not available the
game tries to award the next available award on the list, etc... If no awards are available
Mystery will award Stranger Points. Once all awards have been given the ordered list is
reset back to the beginning.
- Fixed a problem where the game could reset if Monster Hunting was completed while playing a
Demodog mode.
- Added El screaming to the Final Showdown Stage 7 award SFX.
- Fixed a problem where the Topper lamp effect for a mode award could keep many of
the playfield lights turned off. This was mostly seen during Morse Code.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.65.0
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code!
LE/PRE V1.00 - November 24, 2020
=====================
- Added logic to hold the ball at the left ramp until the Send it Back,
Light the Fire, or Final Showdown "Drawing Jackpot" Collected presentation
is finished.
- Now a Drawing is awarded upon completing the highest Pop Bumper Threshold,
i.e. turning Dart into a Demodog.
- Now a Drawings is awarded for collecting a Telekinesis Multiball Super Jackpot.
A Double Super Jackpot awards 2 Drawings and a Triple Super Jackpot Awards
3 Drawings. The Max number of Telekinesis Multiball Drawings that can be
earned per game is 3 Drawings.
- Now a Drawing is awarded upon completing Break Out, Junk Yard, or It's a Trap.
- Fixed a problem where the "Drawing" collected as a Mystery Award was not
contributing to the End of Ball Bonus score.
- Fixed a problem where Telekinesis Multiball and the 5-Way Combo rule were
contributing the wrong score award to the End of Ball Bonus score.
- Added a revised Final Showdown Drawing Jackpot sound effect.
- Added Collect Drawing as a Mystery Award.
- Added Collect Drawings and Drawings Jackpot SFX.
- Added a "Drawings Collected" instant info page.
- Added a "Drawings Jackpot" award, given at the start of Send it Back, that is based
upon the number of Drawings Collected while playing Chapter 1 modes.
- Added a "Drawings Jackpot" award, given at the start of Light the Fire, that is based
upon the number of Drawings Collected while playing Chapter 2 modes.
- Added a "Drawings Jackpot" award, given at the start of Final Showdown, that is based
upon the total number of Drawings Collected throughout the game.
- Added new "Drawing Collected" videos that are seen upon collecting a drawing.
- Added new "Drawings Jackpot" videos that are seen at the start of Send it Back,
Light the Fire, and Final Showdown.
- Added logic to allow Chapter modes to add +1 or +2 Drawings for completing a mode.
- Added logic to Light Extra Ball upon collecting a set number of drawing, i.e. default
setting = 11 Drawings.
- Now balls are held in the trough until the Send it Back, Light the Fire, or
Final Showdown "Drawings Jackpot" Collected presentation is finished.
- Added a new palette color for Topper lights.
- Added 2 new Topper light shows.
- Added a Collect Drawings rule to handle all Drawings related logic.
- Added a new video for the MXV Skill Shot Award.
- Added a "Collect Drawings" award to the End of Ball Bonus rule. Drawings are collected
throughout the game, mostly by finishing Chapter Modes. Each drawing collected adds to
an award that is given at Bonus and at the start of Send it Back, Light the Fire, and
Final Showdown Multiball.
- Changed the order of the Mystery Awards given out during Competition mode.
- Added a MXV Skill Shot. This is earned by making a Skill Shot that is followed
immediately by making a Super Skill shot on the same plunge.
- Added logic for the Mystery rule to give out awards in a deterministic order when the
game is set to competition mode. The game walks through an ordered list of 20 awards to
determine if an award is available. If available the award is given, if not available the
game tries to award the next available award on the list, etc... If no awards are available
Mystery will award Stranger Points. Once all awards have been given the ordered list is
reset back to the beginning.
- Fixed a problem where the game could reset if Monster Hunting was completed while playing a
Demodog mode.
- Added El screaming to the Final Showdown Stage 7 award SFX.
- Fixed a problem where the Topper lamp effect for a mode award could keep many of
the playfield lights turned off. This was mostly seen during Morse Code.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.65.0
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

Of course! A day after I install the cleland code for .98!

#6437 3 years ago

Made it to 1.00!

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Of course! A day after I install the cleland code for .98!

Exactly !! Lol

#6439 3 years ago

Take a sip of your favorite alcoholic beverage everytime you read the word drawing(s), and then write a post here.

#6440 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Put a flipper rubber around it.

I don't know about ST, but Elvira appears to have a game setting for the interlock to not disable high voltage. I never tried it out though.

Rob

#6441 3 years ago

Good to know. The spike system was updated with this update. Maybe it’s here as well. Can you remember where that setting is supposed to be located?

#6442 3 years ago

Now bonus resets each ball along with the TK portion getting nerfed and drawings add to it as well. Love that. It will make me concentrate on what contributes to bonus and work to do those things well each ball. It’s not all about having one big ball then spamming bonus x anymore.

#6443 3 years ago

very VERY cool update, right before Thanksgiving!! Kudos to Team STh!

#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Take a sip of your favorite alcoholic beverage everytime you read the word drawing(s), and then write a post here.

Hahaha. I thought the same thing.

Sad news @chuckwurt, no video mode.

#6446 3 years ago

Damn no video mode!

#6447 3 years ago

So. . . What are the drawings? I only had a chance to play 2 quick games, but didn't see anything about them.

#6448 3 years ago

Awesome update! Love the drawings...I can't play for crap tonight so only managed to earn one, but I LOVE the sound effect for it! Not sure how the MXV skillshot is supposed to work since I swear I hit a regular then the super immediately, but maybe I hit something in between.

I'm not upset about no video mode, and honestly if one never happens I will not be too disappointed. Many games do not have them, and I'm ok with that. There were some really cool sounding ideas in this thread though, so fingers crossed maybe it will still come to be. Just as long as it isn't lame or comes up too often (and more than once a game is too often...I'm looking at you Star Wars... )

#6449 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good to know. The spike system was updated with this update. Maybe it’s here as well. Can you remember where that setting is supposed to be located?

Sorry, to clarify it's called node bus power. There's also an option to disable tilt when the coin door is open and coin door ball saver is in there too (remember that!).

Rob

20201124_182439 (resized).jpg20201124_182439 (resized).jpg

#6450 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So. . . What are the drawings? I only had a chance to play 2 quick games, but didn't see anything about them.

Read the readme. Doing well in modes or multiballs awards them. They add to end of ball bonus, earn extra ball eventually and adds value to the mini wizard modes and the final wizard mode.

End of ball bonus is broken btw. The values are messed up and didn’t seem to award bonus for certain things. I’m sure they will fix it, but again, something that would’ve been caught within 5 mins using beta testers. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.