IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 448.
#6351 3 years ago

Have you played bullshit or find the compass or quarter hunt or lure dart or finished Mirkwood?

All have great funny callouts in them.

#6352 3 years ago

Main difference in comedic feel of this and AFM is all the funny callouts up the center shot for AFM and zero of them up the center for Stranger Things.

Thatā€™s the area that gets the most play on both games.

#6353 3 years ago

I think it does a great job balancing humor and intensity just like the show. The show is horror adjacent. Itā€™s not a comedy series even if there are funny parts/characters.

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you played bullshit or find the compass or quarter hunt or lure dart or finished Mirkwood?

I'm sorry, but you ate my cat!

#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

True, but I still find myself chuckling more when the demogorgan is standing there all proud and sure of himself and then gets whacked in the head by a massive silver ball... for some reason...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Stranger Things is humourless, just that AFM is humor based... only beaten my MM in my opinion, which I still think is the funniest game out there..

Brian has certainly been pushing to add humor to this game.

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Brian has certainly been pushing to add humor to this game.

Which is why Bullshit! mode really needs to have slapping mode added as a level 2 of the mode next time you get it so you can slap with the lockdown button every time it's said.

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So.. I was playing my Stranger Things Pro today
And thought of an interesting concept
What if in the upside down in certain modes the flippers were reversed
Anyone else think that could be cool ??
Still updates coming

Please no. Please, please, please no. TSPP has it, as does WoZ, and GB, and CCC. That's about 3 games too many.

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Please no. Please, please, please no. TSPP has it, as does WoZ, and GB, and CCC. That's about 3 games too many.

Where is it used in Ghostbusters ??

#6359 3 years ago

Mass hysteria multiball. Collect 100 ghosts.

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mass hysteria multiball. Collect 100 ghosts.

Ah okay

Didnā€™t realize it was used

Still think itā€™s a neat idea

Not like itā€™ll actually happen ...

#6362 3 years ago

I think reverse flippers are played out too.

Now inverted flippers?? I think that should be done again. Haha

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Houdini has that also.

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Houdini has that also.

Thatā€™s what I meant. We need another game to do it.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Inverted? You mean they flip down instead of up??

#6367 3 years ago

Finally broke a billion and still not close to Final Showdown. Lol.

#6368 3 years ago

Inverted? You mean they flip down instead of up??

How about inverted AND reversed lmao.

#6369 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Houdini does it too.

Houdini is literally the ONLY one that does it that I like, because it's in straightjacket escape so crossing your arms makes sense in the context of the mode. GREAT theme integration.

Everywhere else? I hate reverse flippers.

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Finally broke a billion and still not close to Final Showdown. Lol.

I just had one of my longest games ever. I think nearly 40 minutes and only made it to total isolation 2. Didn't even come close to my high of just over 1 billion either. Only 640 million. I was really fumbling my multiballs and even though I went into both TI's with 2x playfield and mystery lit but I just couldn't manage anything. That 640 million was hard fought for sure. I was even having trouble hitting the demogorgon tonight. It's amazing how much higher your scores can be. My highest score ever I only made it to TI 1 but wow was I making bank on demo modes and TK multiball bonuses.

#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

How about inverted AND reversed lmao.

Thatā€™s Houdini too. You can choose reversed for 2x scoring or inverted and reversed for 3x scoring.

#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ooh, I've never even heard of inverted. That is such a cool idea for the upside down.

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That is such a cool idea for the upside down.

I want it! Never seen inverted either... Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but the only snag with doing this on a Spike 2 game, from what I can gather, is that they're not designed to have the flippers held up for very long, or they burn... so I doubt they'd code that in...

#6374 3 years ago

I would like this if they were only inverted and not reversed. But I doubt it would be added on Stranger Things

#6375 3 years ago

Anyone in the SF Bay Area ready to leave the club? I'm looking for a Premium or LE.

#6376 3 years ago

I want it! Never seen inverted either... Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but the only snag with doing this on a Spike 2 game, from what I can gather, is that they're not designed to have the flippers held up for very long, or they burn... so I doubt they'd code that in...

Spike2 games perform fine with the flipper trapped up for long periods of time. It makes almost no temperature change difference at all. The pulse that raises the flipper is what causes the heat over time. SAM and Whitestar systems that came before, not so much.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would like this if they were only inverted and not reversed. But I doubt it would be added on Stranger Things

Zero chance it happens. Haha

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Zero chance it happens. Haha

Chuck, I officially hate you. I'd never heard of inverted flippers before, and now I'll never play the upside down without thinking about it.

#6379 3 years ago

Hahaha. Get a Houdini and blast UV light on it while watching Stranger Things then.

#6380 3 years ago

Has anyone had their game freeze or lock up and skip after completing can't stop this? If I get it in the mouth it freezes up

Was in the middle of 2nd ball nearing my absolute best score :/

20201120_160808 (resized).jpg20201120_160808 (resized).jpg

#6381 3 years ago

No. But I guess you really can stop this.

#6382 3 years ago

Has anyone had their game freeze or lock up and skip after completing can't stop this? If I get it in the mouth it freezes up
[quoted image]

Did the game eventually continue? I have seen bugs (and reported them) with canā€™t stop this, but doesnā€™t sound like what Iā€™ve seen.

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did the game eventually continue? I have seen bugs (and reported them) with canā€™t stop this, but doesnā€™t sound like what Iā€™ve seen.

tried fo 5 mins but then it went full dark aside from screen so i reset

#6384 3 years ago

Yeah definitely didnā€™t see that. Something is goofy with the end of that mode for sure. On mine everything was dark on the playfield until I started the next mode. Projector included.

#6385 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah definitely didnā€™t see that. Something is goofy with the end of that mode for sure. On mine everything was dark on the playfield until I started the next mode. Projector included.

Mine was the same, I could still use flippers. but it was mostly dark and sounds was all skipping and nearly non existent. the reason I had to wait 5 mins is cus the ball finally went behind somewhere that stops the ball (left inner loop) after 5 mins I just reset

#6386 3 years ago

[quoted image]

for what i remember, my son did get something similar (not home pin), but quite sure it was after send it back (should be a know bug/previous code !?)

#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for what i remember, my son did get something similar (not home pin), but quite sure it was after send it back (should be a know bug/previous code !?)

maybe but I am using the most recent code.

this has happened at least the last 3 times I have done it. so really its 99.9% a code bug I did report though. also if I fail the mode its all fine I think.

#6388 3 years ago

Itā€™s a bug. The game runs into issues sometimes after the completion of canā€™t stop this. Probably squashed in the next code update. I was able to catch it on video and sent it to Brian.

#6389 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Itā€™s a bug. The game runs into issues sometimes after the completion of canā€™t stop this. Probably squashed in the next code update. I was able to catch it on video and sent it to Brian.

You'd think for the price they charge for machines nearing the price of a low end car. That they'd at least play through an entire games modes to see what happens lmao.

Not hard to play with glass off and toss ball around to complete modes lmao.

#6390 3 years ago

Are you a coder? Shit ainā€™t easy.

The reason why itā€™s not is it doesnā€™t happen every time. Iā€™ve complete canā€™t stop this probably 10 times in the past week and the bug only happened once.

#6391 3 years ago

I do wish they used beta testers on this one. Wouldā€™ve helped find some of this stuff before it went public. Oh well.

#6392 3 years ago

Any word on what the video mode is going to be Chuck? Iā€™m borrowing a pro this coming week to get some proper time on this game.

#6393 3 years ago

I canā€™t guarantee there is going to be one. Brian never said they weā€™re definitely doing one. My theory is itā€™s the eleven mystery award, but purely guessing.

Iā€™d like to see the ides thrown out in here with BSD style with demo dogs. Center button could clear the screen once per turn too.

Or better yet avoid demo dogs like the Phurba VM on shadow.

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I canā€™t guarantee there is going to be one. Brian never said they weā€™re definitely doing one. My theory is itā€™s the eleven mystery award, but purely guessing.
Iā€™d like to see the ides thrown out in here with BSD style with demo dogs. Center button could clear the screen once per turn too.
Or better yet avoid demo dogs like the Phurba VM on shadow.

I like the idea of BSD style with a third, center position for the action button. Could get NUTS!

#6395 3 years ago

Yeah that would be wild. Interested to see if they decide to add one. Nothing is confirmed, but I would be surprised if no video mode hits this game. It would be the first time Eddy did not have one.

#6396 3 years ago

Question--got distracted and playfield dropped a bit--everything is fine but one thing. The Demo does not shake anymore--it registers shots but does not shake. I don't see anything--loose wires, etc. Anybody got any ideas on what it could be or what to look for?

#6397 3 years ago

Hey guys, is there a setting to turn down the overall brightness of all the leds? During start up of my premium the projector kicks on first without any lights and looks so great! Then the lights kick on and it really washes out the picture on the projector. Was wondering if I could dial it all down a little? I went into rgb test mode and lowered the settings but it doesnā€™t save it. Thanks!

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey guys, is there a setting to turn down the overall brightness of all the leds? During start up of my premium the projector kicks on first without any lights and looks so great! Then the lights kick on and it really washes out the picture on the projector. Was wondering if I could dial it all down a little? I went into rgb test mode and lowered the settings but it doesnā€™t save it. Thanks!

Yeah, it's near the end of the standard adjustments on the game system menu, I think. There's settings for flasher and LED brightness. I usually turn them down to about 70%.

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's near the end of the standard adjustments, I think. There's settings for flasher and LED brightness. I usually turn them down to about 70%.

Thanks so much! And Iā€™m loving your fans btw! Keeping the coils nice and cool!

#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Thanks so much! And Iā€™m loving your fans btw! Keeping the coils nice and cool!

Great to hear! Thanks for your support. Stranger Things is the one so far that I have no hesitation recommending them for if you play the game for any length of time because the fade comes pretty quickly and is pretty severe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/128?hl=break8ers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.