20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 445.
#6301 3 years ago

Okay luckily no damage on mine but the ramp is definitely resting on that guide.

#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay luckily no damage on mine but the ramp is definitely resting on that guide.

I'd slap a strip of mylar under there to keep it that way. If it's resting on it, the typical ramp movement will eventually lead to it chewing through the decal.

#6303 3 years ago

Yeah I’m just not wrapping my head around how that’s possible. The wrap plastic would have to be super weak i would think. These ramps are pretty beefy. Maybe the tighter the better so it’s held on tight to the guide and not bouncing on it?

The pro decal must be really thin. The projector decals are super thick.

I could not even fit a business card between the ramp and the guide on mine.

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m just not wrapping my head around how that’s possible. The wrap plastic would have to be super weak i would think. These ramps are pretty beefy. Maybe the tighter the better so it’s held on tight to the guide and not bouncing on it?
The pro decal must be really thin. The projector decals are super thick.
I could not even fit a business card between the ramp and the guide on mine.

Oh wait...the white decal on the prem/LE is on the TOP of the ramp, isn't it? Yeah...no worries about the decal being damaged in that case, but the ramp might get a groove worn in eventually. On the pro the decals are on the bottom of the ramp. So really, the lane guide is contacting the decal directly. Doesn't take much tiny movement for that sharp metal edge to eat through a thin decal.

#6305 3 years ago

Oh!!!! Haha. Now this all makes sense.

Yeah I would replace the decal then put Mylar over top of it and hope that helps. Maybe put a thin piece of felt between the guide and the ramp too.

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh!!!! Haha. Now this all makes sense.
Yeah I would replace the decal then put Mylar over top of it and hope that helps. Maybe put a thin piece of felt between the guide and the ramp too.

LOL...I knew we had to be missing something.

Happy Friday buddy!

#6307 3 years ago

I've been waiting on that decal from Stern for over a month now. I got the new ramp a while ago though lol. You wouldn't think it hard to print some more decals.

#6308 3 years ago

It’s rough getting the right stuff from them for warranty replacements. I was supposed to get a new center ramp and what eventually showed up was a bare center ramp with no projector decals, and a left ramp for the pro. Hahaha

#6309 3 years ago

Happened to me too. I have my original ramp, the first replacement with no decal, the second replacement that came in the kit but was bent to heck, and a new in box ramp kit to replace that one. I made the original ramp work though. I also have a hand full of replacement short range and long range optos they sent to fix my demogorgon exit opto underneath as well as a bunch of light sockets for under the flipper ball guides. They have been good about sending out replacement parts just takes a while sometimes to get it right. I sent Brian a pic of the ramp as well as support so hopefully they will get back to me with suggestions when I do finally get my replacement decals to keep it from happening again.

I am worried about my Guardians order though. I ordered it in September and was told it was going on the line this month but apparently it's not with no ETA.

#6310 3 years ago

Delays could get worse to with possible increase in covid restrictions.

#6311 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Just had a quick game and one of the little white projector panels came off the stand up target to the left of the left ramp - anyone got any recommendations for reattaching?

I had a similar problem. I bought a sheet of 3M double-sided adhesive/adhesive transfer tape from Amazon and cut out a small piece. It worked and has not come off since.

#6312 3 years ago

I guess there’s still no word on the official topper?

#6313 3 years ago

64BD0BF1-4CB6-46B2-8328-DEA8547E0A50 (resized).jpeg64BD0BF1-4CB6-46B2-8328-DEA8547E0A50 (resized).jpeg

Bummer ...

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

[quoted image]
Bummer ...

It will happen to them all eventially. They should not have used a pressure fit nylon post there. Should have been secured with a roll pin.

Did Stern make a running change to fix these on newer machines made after this was discovered, or are they still all-in on pressure fit to save a few pennies?

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did Stern make a running change to fix these on newer machines made after this was discovered, or are they still all-in on pressure fit to save a few pennies?

They changed them for sure. Not sure what was changed though.

#6316 3 years ago

One of the guys locally got the upgraded part and it still failed on him a week or two ago so the new part may just delay it happening again. I've got over 3000 games on mine and no sign of failure yet but who knows.

#6317 3 years ago

I’m not sure if mine has an upgraded one or not, but it’s never failed. But the LE doesn’t have the ball smashing into it nearly as much as the pro.

#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not sure if mine has an upgraded one or not, but it’s never failed. But the LE doesn’t have the ball smashing into it nearly as much as the pro.

My post failed and I just hammered it back into place but I also added superglue and so far it’s been good to go. I did the fix around April/May.

#6319 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

My post failed and I just hammered it back into place but I also added superglue and so far it’s been good to go. I did the fix around April/May.

I was wondering if that would be an option...

#6320 3 years ago

Game is back up n running

I used a dab of lock tight and we’ll see what happens ..

Gave me a reason to install my shaker

#6321 3 years ago

I'd drill and pin it.

Nuke em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

#6322 3 years ago

Just in over the weekend--premium--awesome so far. Lots of people missing out on a great game experience and incredible technology. Their loss. One issue--only have 150 plays and left flipper is "sloppy". Further you hit it out on flipper the weaker it is. Makes it tough on the right playfield shots or if ball comes hard at it. No obvious issues--any ideas of what I should check? EOS switch first? First Spike game I have had.

#6323 3 years ago

My guess is the eos switch is not making good contact when the flipper is at rest. Make sure it’s making good contact by putting the game in switch test and comparing the eos switch registering to the right flipper.

Also double check it’s got good continuity with a meter.

#6324 3 years ago

Thanks Chuck--will check EOS tonight.

#6325 3 years ago

Might be coil stop-itus already as well. In addition to those things check that both the flippers have the same amount of vertical play (should go up and down about the thickness of a credit card if you pull on it from the top).

#6326 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

One issue--only have 150 plays and left flipper is "sloppy". Further you hit it out on flipper the weaker it is. Makes it tough on the right playfield shots or if ball comes hard at it.

This is not after you've played it for ages and the coil has therefor got hot is it?

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Might be coil stop-itus already as well. In addition to those things check that both the flippers have the same amount of vertical play (should go up and down about the thickness of a credit card if you pull on it from the top).

Great point on the coil stops. I never consider that since I replace them day 1. Haha

#6328 3 years ago

No--it's right from the start not a heat issue. I ran switch test on flippers and the left test is different from the right. I am not real proficient in reading those as of yet and what the difference could mean. But they are different. Assuming they should be the same? Physically the EOS switch looks perfect--same as right one. I did adjust the leaf switch a hair as it looked slightly lower than the right. Also it seems moving the flipper mech in and out manually the left moves slightly harder than The right mech seems to move a little more free. After playing around with it--I fired it up and saw a slight improvement. Not as good as the right but a little better. Thanks for the continued suggestions---

#6329 3 years ago

Check the coil stop to be sure, but it sounds like your eos switch is not making consistently good contact based on the switch test you performed.

Game off sand the contacts on the eos switch a bit and adjust them to make sure they are closed. Double check with a meter they are making good contact.

Then as a final test you can alligator clip the eos switch shut and see if the flipper is plenty strong. That will confirm the issue is the eos.

#6330 3 years ago

: o

I could be wrong but I don't think you want to sand those contacts. I don't think they cut power on these systems, only re-engage if the flipper closes again due to being struck with a fast pinball. Again, been a minute since I messed with anything other than alignment or coil stops on spike. I'd think about checking the coil stop for sure though. If it doesnt move as freely this is a good sign something may be wrong with that or otherwise out of alignment. If the coil stop is good (the lug does not spin, wiggle and is rock-solid) I'd consider reinstalling the flipper bat, ensuring the gap is set correctly using a gap set tool or credit card to make sure it has the proper amount of vertical play (which puts the linkage in straight alignment with the plunger).

#6331 3 years ago

Good point again. Forgot these used the tiny contact points and not the beefy ones in older games.

The eos is most certainly the issue though. The bit of binding could be the coil stop. So multiple issues may be going on.

#6332 3 years ago

Well I probably had the best pinball game of my life on what I consider one of the hardest out there, still can't believe it to be honest. Beat the final showdown and went beyond a bit, got just over 2 billion. Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you.

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well I probably had the best pinball game of my life on what I consider one of the hardest out there, still can't believe it to be honest. Beat the final showdown and went beyond a bit, got just over 2 billion. Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you.

Quick! Put the glass on and take a picture!

Nah...I'm just jealous.

Crap.

#6334 3 years ago

I recall reading about an improved screen material for the LE that someone had made. Is that still available? Can you point me in the right direction. Also what things do I need to fix or modify on the LE. I just opened it last week and haven't played many games yet. Thanks

#6335 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Very intense! That light show though...Awesome!

#6336 3 years ago

Thanks Chalkey---I am leaning coil stop at this point. Think the EOS may be OK. Flipper gap OK. There is a definite resistance difference between the 2 and the left gets more so near the end--kind of mushy. Ordered and will give it a shot. Thanks all---

#6337 3 years ago

Family really likes AFM and I understand same designer did AFM and Stranger Things. Layout looks very similar. My wife and kids love the show but wasn’t impressed with ST pro they played on route.

They found the demigorgan shot difficult to hit. I am thinking about getting a ST premium over AFMr. I understand new code allows you to hit the demigorgan 5 times now vs in the mouth only.

For you who have ST which would you buy AFMr SE or ST premium? Thanks for any help

#6338 3 years ago

I would go ST--I just got a premium and had the same dilemma. My demo shot is makeable--it's not a gimme but you can hit it. Code does allow you to hit it. It can be dialed in more also. Biggest reason would be the code--light years ahead there and still evolving. Also the projector is much better than I anticipated. Throw in the TK multiball and UV lighting which are both really nice. No machine like it.

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Family really likes AFM and I understand same designer did AFM and Stranger Things. Layout looks very similar. My wife and kids love the show but wasn’t impressed with ST pro they played on route.
They found the demigorgan shot difficult to hit. I am thinking about getting a ST premium over AFMr. I understand new code allows you to hit the demigorgan 5 times now vs in the mouth only.
For you who have ST which would you buy AFMr SE or ST premium? Thanks for any help

That change to hit 5 times was in one of early updates. There is a process now to determine demogorgon issue and resolve. Even kids with no experience hit that shot on my machine now. Brian Eddy did design Stranger Things and AFM

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That change to hit 5 times was in one of early updates. There is a process now to determine demogorgon issue and resolve. Even kids with no experience hit that shot on my machine now. Brian Eddy did design Stranger Things and AFM

Awesome. Thank you so much for your reply

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

I would go ST--I just got a premium and had the same dilemma. My demo shot is makeable--it's not a gimme but you can hit it. Code does allow you to hit it. It can be dialed in more also. Biggest reason would be the code--light years ahead there and still evolving. Also the projector is much better than I anticipated. Throw in the TK multiball and UV lighting which are both really nice. No machine like it.

Really appreciate you letting me know. So premium definitely worth the extra $$$ then over the pro?

#6342 3 years ago

Awesome. Thank you so much for your reply

I love this machine but it takes work to get playing well especially with the premium. Just be aware of that.

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I love this machine but it takes work to get playing well especially with the premium. Just be aware of that.

That’s what I noticed with reading the thread. Thank you

#6344 3 years ago

So.. I was playing my Stranger Things Pro today

And thought of an interesting concept

What if in the upside down in certain modes the flippers were reversed

Anyone else think that could be cool ??

Still updates coming

#6345 3 years ago

Still updates coming

LOVE the idea!

#6346 3 years ago

Still updates coming

That’s a feature in Ghostbusters, first time it happened it freaked me out. Super hard to play like that, so either hit both flippers at the same time or cross your hands so your brain can operate like normal. It is a pretty neat concept, and Stern has already done it once so it’s possible they add it again.

#6347 3 years ago

The biggest difference, apart from the additional depth of play on the Stranger Things, is the humor... AFM has more of it by a large margin... it's not a game that takes itself seriously at all... Also, AFM doesn't need the ball lock mechanism to be tuned in so that when it is, it still requires a good hard shot to lock the ball...

#6348 3 years ago

Have a mint Afm original and tricked out Stranger things pro. Love both. In only a 10 pin collection now.

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Have a mint Afm original and tricked out Stranger things pro. Love both. In only a 10 pin collection now.

Though the shot map LOOKS similar, they play much, much differently so it's really not an overlap situation to have both.

#6350 3 years ago

The funniest moment on Stranger Things is probably the extra ball animation... and where was the inspiration for that from

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/127?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.