IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 449.
#6201 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Does anyone else have problems with downloading the update from the stern site? I do not seem to be able to download the file, it starts of with 2MB /s but drops down really fast until it times out after a few minutes. Sometimes I get 1GB of data transferred, sometimes 20MB.
I tried with different machines on different locations en on different times. I'm trying for over a week now.

Are you being trottled for some reason? Maybe try a VPN from a "USA" address and see if that works.

#6202 3 years ago

I have had no issues with the LE code, but one other person has noted issues downloading the Pro code.

#6203 3 years ago

I've not had any issues downloading any code files from Stern.. STh Pro included.

#6204 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Does anyone else have problems with downloading the update from the stern site? I do not seem to be able to download the file, it starts of with 2MB /s but drops down really fast until it times out after a few minutes. Sometimes I get 1GB of data transferred, sometimes 20MB.
I tried with different machines on different locations en on different times. I'm trying for over a week now.

Did that to me too. I used my phone to download it then transfer it from my phone to my computer

#6205 3 years ago

My first time revisiting this thread in a while. All you dudes that are having a hard time with the demogorgon shot need to be looking at the post spacer underneath the front of the demogorgon. Replace it with a taller or shorter post and you're golden.

#6206 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My first time revisiting this thread in a while. All you dudes that are having a hard time with the demogorgon shot need to be looking at the post spacer underneath the front of the demogorgon. Replace it with a taller or shorter post and you're golden.

Or as I did...just take it out altogether. Huge improvement. I might still remove the washers under his mounting posts yet to see if I can get it even better, but I'm 95% satisfied now.

#6207 3 years ago

Spent all day in my arcade working on ST.

Installed a shaker, UV kit, and Art blades.

Unfortunately damaged one of the art blades in an obvious spot. I’m hoping I can figure out how to touch up the part I damaged (guess I need to learn how to airbrush and color match. Unless there is an easier way.)

453EF598-A4F7-4002-ABFC-9E78F5AC87A1 (resized).jpeg453EF598-A4F7-4002-ABFC-9E78F5AC87A1 (resized).jpegBA862C94-C011-4474-8964-3A5934F52B05 (resized).jpegBA862C94-C011-4474-8964-3A5934F52B05 (resized).jpegB2965DBB-1E90-4A02-A31F-C992B93678DC (resized).jpegB2965DBB-1E90-4A02-A31F-C992B93678DC (resized).jpeg

But every thing else went well.

Played a couple of games using glow balls. I love them with the UV and they work just fine with the TK multiball lock. (I still haven’t fixed my tk mech so the mech itself only works 1 out of 20 times).

I really want to recommend glow balls, but I just can’t. They break down way too quickly and they dirty up the projector surfaces. But they look so cool when the uv is on!

All in all, today is the first time I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing this table and I’m glad.

Now to add some mods, fix what’s broken and convince the family to give it a fair shake.

Last thing. I want to move the out lane posts but I don’t want to damage the clear. What kind of washers should I get?

#6208 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Unfortunately damaged one of the art blades in an obvious spot.

Sorry to hear about your art blade damage! Those blades look better than what I got on the LE... not a fan of the pic of 11 on mine... where did you get those?

20201108_114148 (resized).jpg20201108_114148 (resized).jpg

#6209 3 years ago

Be very careful using other companies art blades. I’ve heard they use a much weaker material than stern. Sterns blades are very durable.

Also for those that have after market blades or want to keep them nice when lifting the playfield, get these.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be very careful using other companies art blades. I’ve heard they use a much weaker material than stern. Sterns blades are very durable.
Also for those that have after market blades or want to keep them nice when lifting the playfield, get these.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

The ones he is asking about are Sterns. That said, I have Stern on about half my machines and Tilt Graphics on the other half. Quality is very comparable. I can't speak for other companies though. I really need to order a set of those protectors one of these days.

#6211 3 years ago

Yeah sterns are great. Kind of like a light grip tape material. I’ve hit them with the playfield more than once and they’ve held up. No scratches.

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The ones he is asking about are Sterns.

So I take it the blades that dashv installed can be bought from Stern?

#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

So I take it the blades that dashv installed can be bought from Stern?

Yes. These were sent to me by Stern along with my UV kit as an apology for sending out the wrong one and taking 6 months to swap for the right one. I tried to decline (wasn’t trying to get special treatment) but they insisted. Very nice of them. I would absolutely recommend buying them.

You can get them from the stern shop here:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stranger-things-inside-art-blades

I really like them. Kicking myself for damaging one especially in such an obvious place.

But I know what I did wrong and have a system now for easily installing future ones without damage.

These are very durable and I was actually doing great until I realized these had pre cut bolt holes. I damaged it trying to unstick and reposition it and it got caught and pinched in the playfield.

Hopefully I figure out a way to touch it up to make it less obvious. They integrate perfectly with the rest of the premium artwork.

My RFM and STNG have 3rd party blades and chuckwurt is correct that quality does vary. My STNG blades are same quality as my stern blades.

My RFM blades though are thinner and I’m having terrible luck with the adhesion holding to the cab. I’m actually repainting/priming that cab to hopefully improve the adhesion.

I can also vouch for the protectors. They are awesome. But be careful using them with cabs with mirror blades. It can be very tight if you haven’t felt lined the edges of your playfield.

#6214 3 years ago

Hello Folks

Is there any rules documented on Stranger Things

I like to know what activates modes and to fully experience the game

Totally enjoy this game and so glad it’s in my lineup

4498F373-0712-4469-89AD-44CAFC8FF4F5 (resized).jpeg4498F373-0712-4469-89AD-44CAFC8FF4F5 (resized).jpeg
#6215 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

To start a mode, you just need to hit any of the 4 shots that have the 3 large circular inserts in front of them... each time you make the shot, one insert lights... get all 3 lit to start the mode. After that mode is done, all 3 lights will stay lit, then you should aim to complete another 3 on one of the other shots to start that mode. Go though all 4 modes started this way and 'total isolation' mode starts. After that the circular inserts go out and you start again. You do this cycle 3 times to clear all 12 modes. The 2 left shots are linked to the 6 modes of season 1, the two right shots are 6 modes of season 2. The pops change which mode will activate as shown on the 6 'irregularly' positioned smaller circular inserts on each side of the playfield. There's also Demodogs and Demogorgon objectives/modes. That's my simplistic view of it...

#6216 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hello Folks
Is there any rules documented on Stranger Things
Totally enjoy this game and so glad it’s in my lineup
[quoted image]

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/63

#6217 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does anyone have a video on removing the demogorgon?

#6218 3 years ago

IIRC you dont even have to remove it, just put the ramp down. It was a while ago so I could be wrong.

#6219 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Spent all day in my arcade working on ST.
Unfortunately damaged one of the art blades in an obvious spot. I’m hoping I can figure out how to touch up the part I damaged (guess I need to learn how to airbrush and color match. Unless there is an easier way.)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
But every thing else went well.
Played a couple of games using glow balls. I love them with the UV and they work just fine with the TK multiball lock. (I still haven’t fixed my tk mech so the mech itself only works 1 out of 20 times).
I really want to recommend glow balls, but I just can’t. They break down way too quickly and they dirty up the projector surfaces. But they look so cool when the uv is on!
All in all, today is the first time I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing this table and I’m glad.
Now to add some mods, fix what’s broken and convince the family to give it a fair shake.
Last thing. I want to move the out lane posts but I don’t want to damage the clear. What kind of washers should I get?

Have glo balls on my GB but they’re not in play. Sounds like they would look awesome with the UV lights, as you said. However, curious what you mean by “they break down way too quickly and dirty up they projector surfaces”? Do the balls actually break? Also how does it dirty up the projector surfaces any more than a steel ball would?

#6220 3 years ago

They attract dirt like crazy.

#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They attract dirt like crazy.

Guess that’s the nature of the material then. Good to know. Crossing that off my list.

#6222 3 years ago

They quickly look like a gimbal you sucked om and the rolled it underneath the couch. Haha.

#6223 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They quickly look like a gimbal you sucked om and the rolled it underneath the couch. Haha.

I can literally picture that, nasty, haha

#6224 3 years ago

Does anyone have the name of the LE armour colour? Thanks.

#6225 3 years ago

I wonder where you get those glo balls at? If this game had a captive ball that would be perfect for it.

#6226 3 years ago

Thank you

To start a mode, you just need to hit any of the 4 shots that have the 3 large circular inserts in front of them... each time you make the shot, one insert lights... get all 3 lit to start the mode. After that mode is done, all 3 lights will stay lit, then you should aim to complete another 3 on one of the other shots to start that mode. Go though all 4 modes started this way and 'total isolation' mode starts. After that the circular inserts go out and you start again. You do this cycle 3 times to clear all 12 modes. The 2 left shots are linked to the 6 modes of season 1, the two right shots are 6 modes of season 2. The pops change which mode will activate as shown on the 6 'irregularly' positioned smaller circular inserts on each side of the playfield. There's also Demodogs and Demogorgon objectives/modes. That's my simplistic view of it...

Very Detailed Review

Loving it even further now

#6227 3 years ago

I played an LE at a buddy's house recently. I've gotta say I was wowed by the projector and the UV effect. Very cool features. But, I know those two features alone aren't enough to carry the game. How good is this game really? Does it stand up to top tier pins?

#6228 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I played an LE at a buddy's house recently. I've gotta say I was wowed by the projector and the UV effect. Very cool features. But, I know those two features alone aren't enough to carry the game. How good is this game really? Does it stand up to top tier pins?

It’s similar to guardians. If you like guardians, you’ll like this.

#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s similar to guardians. If you like guardians, you’ll like this.

I like Guardians!

#6230 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I like Guardians!

It's pro mb closer to AFM. One, same designer. 2, attack drop target in middle. The. Hit a middle target a few times lol.

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The ones he is asking about are Sterns. That said, I have Stern on about half my machines and Tilt Graphics on the other half. Quality is very comparable. I can't speak for other companies though. I really need to order a set of those protectors one of these days.

Just want to follow up here and say I can also vouch for Tilt Graphics. That’s where I got my STNG blades from and they are great and durable.

#6232 3 years ago

chuckwurt sometime convenient for you could you share a picture of your ST bubble level?

Mine is a drain monster.

Auto launch and plunger launches. Even scoop launches bounce to sdtm way too often for my liking. I have it leveled the same as my Munsters. But maybe that’s not beat for this game. Curious what you have yours leveled at?

Also did you move your outline posts down?

#6233 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

chuckwurt sometime convenient for you could you share a picture of your ST bubble level?
Mine is a drain monster.
Auto launch and plunger launches. Even scoop launches bounce to sdtm way too often for my liking. I have it leveled the same as my Munsters. But maybe that’s not beat for this game. Curious what you have yours leveled at?

Dont go off the bubble level. Get a digital level and aim for 6.5 degrees. This 7" one is basically the perfect size. https://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P

P.s. Many playfields you can't get 6.5 degrees top to bottom. 6.3 at the bottom, 6.5 at the middle, and 6.7-6.8 at the top is also normal and acceptable.

#6234 3 years ago

I find on all my machines a different reading depending on where in place the level. On my stranger things I have it at 6.6 degrees at the flippers and find the drains to be mostly my fault. My munsters is set more like 6.4 currently.

#6235 3 years ago

So my left inner shot that awards mystery or starts demodog is giving me left ramp and right loop lights for the modes. I am on the latest code and checked the switches for errors, is this a known bug in the code?

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I find on all my machines a different reading depending on where in place the level. On my stranger things I have it at 6.6 degrees at the flippers and find the drains to be mostly my fault. My munsters is set more like 6.4 currently.

Thanks to both of you for the tips. I have bubble levels but I will get one that gives the number. I tried using my phone but I don’t think it’s accurate.

I have some video I could share later. At least half the time a full power plunger pull or auto launch goes up the mystery route. Doesn’t make it all the way then drops down into the playfield STDM.

It’s pretty much drain city when a multiball mode kicks in with the auto launch just feeding the drain.

Since the new 0.99.1 software update I’m also noticing every now and then some of my “run will” drop targets don’t always drop on first hit. Is that normal? Do they sometimes require multiple hits by design? Or should I check for something binding?

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Mine is a drain monster.

Mine is right in the middle of the two black lines.

I never let the game auto launch. I usually manual plunge to the two center drops, bounces off the ball guide by the saucer to a perfect trap.

I also adjusted my saucer so it shoots it into the burn it back loop instead of the drops.

My outlane posts are wide open.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So my left inner shot that awards mystery or starts demodog is giving me left ramp and right loop lights for the modes. I am on the latest code and checked the switches for errors, is this a known bug in the code?

No. Until you’ve played two modes, that shot will spot you progress towards starting modes.

The saucer will spot you demodog letters until you’ve started one of those as well.

#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks to both of you for the tips. I have bubble levels but I will get one that gives the number. I tried using my phone but I don’t think it’s accurate.
I have some video I could share later. At least half the time a full power plunger pull or auto launch goes up the mystery route. Doesn’t make it all the way then drops down into the playfield STDM.
It’s pretty much drain city when a multiball mode kicks in with the auto launch just feeding the drain.
Since the new 0.99.1 software update I’m also noticing every now and then some of my “run will” drop targets don’t always drop on first hit. Is that normal? Do they sometimes require multiple hits by design? Or should I check for something binding?

Drop targets never take two hits to drop. You’re experiencing bricking. It’s been around since the 80s. It’s when you hit the drop target too hard and too straight on and it doesn’t drop. Nothing fixes it really.

also certain modes keep the drops up (monster hunting)

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Until you’ve played two modes, that shot will spot you progress towards starting modes.
The saucer will spot you demodog letters until you’ve started one of those as well.

Good to know, thanks!!!

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop targets never take two hits to drop. You’re experiencing bricking. It’s been around since the 80s. It’s when you hit the drop target too hard and too straight on and it doesn’t drop. Nothing fixes it really.

Yeah, I have this happen from time to time as well. Seems the center right drop bricks most often for me. I try not to hit them straight on now.

#6242 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yeah, I have this happen from time to time as well. Seems the center right drop bricks most often for me. I try not to hit them straight on now.

I have a Kings of Steel early Bally solid state game featuring the patented "nev'r drop" Bally drop targets.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never noticed that! I'm assuming it will spot an insert for whichever mode has the least inserts already spotted? Surely, if you've got 2 inserts spotted for each mode you can't start the mode at the mystery shot though?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

bricking, It’s been around since the 80s.

You'd have thought they'd have fixed this by now... don't remember experiencing it on any Bally/Williams games myself... first game I encountered this on was AC/DC...

#6244 3 years ago

I never noticed that! I'm assuming it will spot an insert for whichever mode has the least inserts already spotted? Surely, if you've got 2 inserts spotted for each mode you can't start the mode at the mystery shot though?

It’s the opposite. If they are all the same, it progresses the left ramp, if anything is ahead, it progresses that one. You can start the mode via the mystery lane.

Data East targets never bricked. But I bet they break easier. Never seen a stern drop target break.

#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never seen a stern drop target break

Modern Stern, no they don't break. But I've never seen a Striker Xtreme without broken drop targets!!

#6246 3 years ago

Doesn’t that use those wider ones like the boat drop target on Sopranos?

#6247 3 years ago

Just installed Pinwoofer's kit on my game... amazing improvement to the sound! Great to be able to crank up the bass to suit taste and room dynamics... my game is in quite an echoey room at the moment, so heavy bass is probably not the best idea at the moment, but it's still cool to be able to crank it up!

For the pro, the improvement would be even more profound since the kit includes speaker upgrades too...

Dan is a first class guy to deal with... excellent support and cares about his customers!!

#6248 3 years ago

Just installed Pinwoofer's kit on my game... amazing improvement to the sound! Great to be able to crank up the bass to suit taste and room dynamics... my game is in quite an echoey room at the moment, so heavy bass is probably not the best idea at the moment, but it's still cool to be able to crank it up!
For the pro, the improvement would be even more profound since the kit includes speaker upgrades too...
Dan is a first class guy to deal with... excellent support and cares about his customers!!

Do you have a link to a pro upgrade?? Thanks

#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Do you have a link to a pro upgrade?? Thanks

Google Pinwoofer them contact Dan for help.

#6250 3 years ago

chuckwurt any idea what the LE powder colour name is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/125?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.