20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 445.
#6151 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Is it possible (and reasonable) to mod a Stranger Things Pro to add the projector setup?

The way I see it you need:

Projector decal set - $95

Projector - $300 at least and that’s if stern will sell it to you. I’m sure you can figure out the one they used.

Metal apron - not sure if you can buy this or not

Bracket to hold the projector in place - not sure if you can buy this

Hdmi cable - not sure if stern will sell you this or not. But probably something you can find too.

Power cable for the projector - you’d have to find this if stern won’t sell it to you.

So I guess it’s possible.

#6152 3 years ago

Where is the VUK on this game?

What am I missing?

Quoted from EricHadley:

That and the pointless VUK makes this game feel like a poorly conceived hot mess.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Where is the VUK on this game?
What am I missing?

Left side. It appears to be a saucer but is actually a VUK that fires the ball into a plate that shoots the ball across the playfield.

#6154 3 years ago

Sneaky.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Left side. It appears to be a saucer but is actually a VUK that fires the ball into a plate that shoots the ball across the playfield.

#6155 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The way I see it you need:
Projector - $300 at least and that’s if stern will sell it to you. I’m sure you can figure out the one they used.

I think when I was browsing Alibaba a similar pico projector was like $70? It was definitely less than $100.

But no, not recommended. Adding a projector to a pro is more hassle than it's worth. Just get a Premium if you want that.

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Is it possible (and reasonable) to mod a Stranger Things Pro to add the projector setup?

I asked this and supposedly no.

But I feel if you replaced enough components and added the right ones and used the le or premium code it would work but would probably be more work and money that it costs to buy premium. Lol.

Projector is only good in dark rooms. Even dinky kit ones it's eh, the sticker one is ok and I used to think hard to see but only in real dark rooms

Plus the vibration of demogorgon makes it less consistent to get mouth shots as that sits in different locations slightly after each vibration unless u adjust it

If they sold a projector only mod for it. It'd be great but eh

#6157 3 years ago

I thought someone looked up the exact one stern used and it was around $300. I could be wrong. That was a while ago.

Agreed. Too much hassle imo.

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought someone looked up the exact one stern used and it was around $300. I could be wrong. That was a while ago.

It's the code and the code would be wanting to also do stuff with the demogorgon vibration and the display and of course the ball lock too. So eh who knows. Plus I'd need the new plastics stickers etc etc.

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Plus the vibration of demogorgon makes it less consistent to get mouth shots as that sits in different locations slightly after each vibration unless u adjust it

Not true at all. I fixed my demo really early on and no matter how much it shakes it’s the same consistency on making the mouth.

#6160 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they were looking on this side of the ocean, I could see that markup. But Stern definitely bought it from an OEM, not retail, and similar/same ones are definitely less than $100 ($70 sticks in my mind, but I don't remember for sure) direct from China, qty 1.

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your Iron Maiden doesn't?[quoted image]

No, mine doesn’t. Is it supposed to???

#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No, mine doesn’t. Is it supposed to???

I'm just messing with you. I added one because people on location got used to it for launching the ball and entering initials on the other Sterns and JJP and they were lost on Maiden. The code supports those functions if you add one. It just doesn't do much else.

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not true at all. I fixed my demo really early on and no matter how much it shakes it’s the same consistency on making the mouth.

I mean WHILE its vibrating lol

#6164 3 years ago

that sits in different locations slightly after each vibration

I mean WHILE its vibrating lol

You're talking about the demogorgon vibrating when adding the projector to a pro and then the code to get the images, the concern being that that code would then make the demogorgon vibrate... but surely the pro doesn't have the kicker to make the domogorgon vibrate anyway... even if it did, it can be disabled in settings... the vibration is front to back by the way, which I very much doubt would affect the shot success... left to right motion, maybe...

#6165 3 years ago

Everyday I come here hoping to hear news on the topper.

And every day I’m disappointed.

#6166 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

You're talking about the demogorgon vibrating when adding the projector to a pro and then the code to get the images, the concern being that that code would then make the demogorgon vibrate... but surely the pro doesn't have the kicker to make the domogorgon vibrate anyway... even if it did, it can be disabled in settings... the vibration is front to back by the way, which I very much doubt would affect the shot success... left to right motion, maybe...

You seem to have missed the part where I said you'd have to buy and install all those extra parts too. And that doing so would prob be more expensive than just paying nthe extra for a premium. And take you time and effort.

Not having certain items may be possible if you disable in the settings or maybe theirs no "checks" when running other than ball search so maybe you can get away with it. I'd be the first to try but I think you never know

I first asked when I got a pro if this was possible. Even messaged stern directly although they'd say no even if it was technically possible I assume.

I really don't see why It wouldn't if you swapped code and then added the required hardware. However the motherboard and maybe other parts have firmware that MAY reject the other versions code.

Side note I think the front to back motion is exactly what messes up the shots. Most in here seem to have had to push him forward it back by removing the post or adding spacers to the bottom to push him forward Bec it seems it bounces off the top lip or bottom lip. But every machine could be different

#6167 3 years ago

You seem to have missed the part where I said you'd have to buy and install all those extra parts too. And that doing so would prob be more expensive than just paying nthe extra for a premium. And take you time and effort.

Well, the post you responded to was referring to stuff needed to add the projector... so I assumed you were referring to the parts needed for that... I take it now you were also advising to add the plunger for the Demogorgon to the list... my advice to anyone thinking of adding the projector to the Pro who doesn't want the demogorgan to shake about is to not buy the parts needed to shake the demogorgan but only get the parts needed for the projector... that should solve that one before it becomes an issue

#6168 3 years ago

Side note I think the front to back motion is exactly what messes up the shots. Most in here seem to have had to push him forward it back by removing the post or adding spacers to the bottom to push him forward Bec it seems it bounces off the top lip or bottom lip. But every machine could be different

You should be able to get the demo dialed enough that the shaking will still allow accurate shots to go. Mines that way. I never wait for it to stop moving. If I have a nice trap, I always take the shot. Unless I totally biff the shot, it goes.

#6169 3 years ago

I just installed my UV Kit and stripped/messed up 2 of the 4 screws that came with the kit to mount the lights on the ramps. Anyone have these or know where I can get the exact looking screws? Thanks!

#6170 3 years ago

Take a screw that is still good to the hardware store. They should have what you need.

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

What are the odds that I have the exact same question and live pretty close to you? haha. Yeah I'd like to know this as well. I don't have a Stranger Things, but I'd like to find a Pro model at some point. I really want that projector though.

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

What are the odds that I have the exact same question and live pretty close to you? haha. Yeah I'd like to know this as well. I don't have a Stranger Things, but I'd like to find a Pro model at some point. I really want that projector though.

There are many cases with Stern that I find myself favoring the Pro gameplay over the higher models (GOT, Tron, Metallica, AC/DC, BKSOR) but not here. Get the premium is my unsolicited advice.

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am confused why this game has a lockdown button. Iron Maiden doesn’t.....So why not just eliminate it if you are not going to use it. That and the pointless VUK makes this game feel like a poorly conceived hot mess. I still have fun playing it, BUT it could have been A LOT better.

If you notice in the mystery (there's a section for a video mode). I think we're all hoping that one will eventually be added and the button will be used for that. Where's the VUK at?

#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

If you notice in the mystery (there's a section for a video mode). I think we're all hoping that one will eventually be added and the button will be used for that. Where's the VUK at?

Left side that shoots the ball toward the drops

#6175 3 years ago

Just read the stern of the union address. Look like next update is next month!

Bonus balancing
Map image side quest
Video mode
Other mode balancing and scoring adjustments

That’s my list of priorities.

That would also make the game a year old and pretty much complete. Been a fun ride!

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bonus balancing
Map image side quest
Video mode

Do you think these are realistic hopes?

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Do you think these are realistic hopes?

Of course.

#6178 3 years ago

I got a Pro about a month ago. The more I play it the more I like it. When I first got it thought Stranger Things was ok player, but I'm liking it much more as I put more plays on it. Game is better than what some say. Glad I bought it.

#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The more I play it the more I like it.

The more I play it, the more I realise how shit I am at pinball!! But I'm determined to improve so I can beat this thing!! I've taken the tilt bob out to try and improve things... need to practice my death saves next!

#6180 3 years ago

Then it you beat it, it won’t count!

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then it you beat it, it won’t count!

I take the bobs out of my pins so I can qualify playing time as working out

#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Everyday I come here hoping to hear news on the topper.
And every day I’m disappointed.

This part.

#6183 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

If you notice in the mystery (there's a section for a video mode).

There's a video mode in NGG's mystery selection as well. Funny how no one's ever gotten it yet...

#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's a video mode in NGG's mystery selection as well. Funny how no one's ever gotten it yet...

It’s not coded. Neither is the soul chard-like map image collect mystery award.

Eleven mystery award is the one I think is the video mode.

Eddy has confirmed with me in the past they want to balance the end of ball bonus awards as well as do the map image collecting.

He has never told me for sure they plan to put in a video mode, but I’ll be surprised if they don’t.

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eleven mystery award is the one I think is the video mode.
Eddy has confirmed with me in the past they want to balance the end of ball bonus awards as well as do the map image collecting.
He has never told me for sure they plan to put in a video mode, but I’ll be surprised if they don’t.

I really think the suggestion to do a BSD-like wolf shooting mode with demodogs would be fun. You could make level 1 just left and right flipper buttons with the lockdown button for reload. Then level 2 could be auto reload and use all three buttons for 5 possible shots (left flipper, left flipper+lockdown, lockdown, lockdown+right flipper, right flipper) for a pretty challenging mode.

#6186 3 years ago

That sounds awesome. And make it a game you can get to from attract mode like you can on sterns now with some of the wizard modes.

#6187 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And don't forget Bob's bunker!

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just because it's in the list doesn't mean it's coming.. just sayin

Considering the ratio of shitty video modes to good ones, I think you're better off with it not coded

#6189 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just because it's in the list doesn't mean it's coming.. just sayin

Oh I see what you’re saying. Here’s my level of confidence on various features currently not in the game (based on conversations with Brian Eddy):

Map image side quest - 95%
End of ball bonus balancing - 90%
Video mode - 75%
Chapter mode rule changes for the vanilla ones - 30%

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Considering the ratio of shitty video modes to good ones, I think you're better off with it not coded

In general, I totally agree with you. But Brian Eddy's prior games have 3 of the better video modes, so I'd be somewhat less worried.

#6191 3 years ago

Sort of.

I absolutely love the Sabotage tribute that is the AFM video mode, but unfortunately you can't actually *play* the game. The only strategy is to sweep fully back and forth, the only skill is knowing to use the smart bomb if a saucer slips through.

Save the Children is actually pretty good.. it's responsive, not a pattern and requires a bit of skill. Shadow phurba dodge is OK but not as nuanced as StC.

I'd forgotten that Eddy had a VM in all his earlier games so I'm thinking STh gets one as well. I've heard NGG's joke is a result of Pat Lawlor's dislike of video modes.

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

In general, I totally agree with you. But Brian Eddy's prior games have 3 of the better video modes, so I'd be somewhat less worried.

what is a video mode?

#6194 3 years ago

oh thats cool as hell. wish it was coded in then lol

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just read the stern of the union address. Look like next update is next month!

This part stuck out in the Nov SotU address, "Only 1964 units were produced in recognition of the year in which the world forever changed when Ed Sullivan introduced America to four young mop-topped musicians from Liverpool, England."

Did they actually make 1964 Beatles? That was the intended number but I didn't hear that any more were made after they shot their platinum 1-for-every-10 pack wad on the first 1000 machines. Seems like with as dead as the market was on that first 1000, it wouldn't be possible to stuff almost double that into that corpse without really tanking already-falling values.

#6196 3 years ago

Yeah I’d be shocked if all the Beatles games were made. And if they were, most are still in boxes I’d say.

#6197 3 years ago

Excluding the UV kit and a shaker, I would like to hear some voices on your Top 3 recommended Mods for a ST Pro.

Thank you for your help

#6198 3 years ago

External sub
Speakerlightkits.com
Physical knocker kit from pinball life

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

I would like to hear some voices

I second on the external sub and speaker light kit, but also recommend the glowy stern shooter rod.

#6200 3 years ago

Does anyone else have problems with downloading the update from the stern site? I do not seem to be able to download the file, it starts of with 2MB /s but drops down really fast until it times out after a few minutes. Sometimes I get 1GB of data transferred, sometimes 20MB.

I tried with different machines on different locations en on different times. I'm trying for over a week now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/124?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.