IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 449.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I found a video of the premium here

I can’t get a feel for this projector. It looks great in some pictures and horrible in others. I hope in real life it looks good.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t get a feel for this projector. It looks great in some pictures and horrible in others. I hope in real life it looks good.

I’m the same. I think we will just have to wait and hopefully someone will give a good no bullshit objective review of it. I mean it’s a lot of extra coin for essentially no extra shots. It may be a case of having to physically play one first. I’m torn between the pro or just going all out on the Le... but the premium looked so bad in that CES video, certainly didn’t do the game any favors. If I had to choose right now it would be the pro no question.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I’m the same. I think we will just have to wait and hopefully someone will give a good no bullshit objective review of it. I mean it’s a lot of extra coin for essentially no extra shots. It may be a case of having to physically play one first. I’m torn between the pro or just going all out on the Le... but the premium looked so bad in that CES video, certainly didn’t do the game any favors. If I had to choose right now it would be the pro no question.

Agree with you on this. It does seem like the price jump doesn’t justify what ur getting in return. I mean. Cabinet artwork IS badass. I will say that. But projector and the magnetic ball telekinesis thing just wouldn’t be enough for my consideration. I stuck with the pro model. It’s good enough for me. I played one at my local barcade and instantly got hooked. I told my wife “I want one “. And she just rolled her eyes. She said “you always say that whenever u play a new machine “. And I said yeah, but I mean it this time. Now, I have my first NIB machine getting delivered tomorrow !!

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:Pro has no magnets... can use bling balls to your hearts content

which is blasphemy! I wanted magnets all over this machine! haha

#505 4 years ago

Getting mine ready for location play. I haven't seen this posted but you can change the Demogorgan difficulty to "Easy" making it only take one completion of the drop target bank to get to the first Demogorgan mode. I am going to leave it that way for the location so more people get to see the main toy in action. Dialed back the flipper power a little bit and the slingshots too. I just want people to have a good time with the game!

#506 4 years ago

Expecting my Pro this week....one question on the topic of "what do you do to new games?" Do any of you apply a nice coat of wax, or novus 2, etc.? What do you all recommend to get this game ready for good long-lasting home use condition.

#507 4 years ago

I like to wax and use new balls. Sterns pinballs suck.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Expecting my Pro this week....one question on the topic of "what do you do to new games?" Do any of you apply a nice coat of wax, or novus 2, etc.? What do you all recommend to get this game ready for good long-lasting home use condition.

I wouldn’t wax it for a the first 30 days.
Paints (clear coat) has solvents that needs to evaporate off, wax seal the top so that it’s very hard for solvent to evaporate.

I used to paint cars professionally, I always used solvent based clear, but I’d think sterns playfield use a water base clear as most mass produced things use water based clears to keep the VOCs low these days. Anyway, letting it air out before putting a sealed layer of wax on top is a decent idea, because you don’t know how long, and at what temp they let the playfield cure.

#509 4 years ago

LIVE NOW: Stern Pinball rules designer Mike Vinikour in tha house playing and talking Stranger Things Pinball!

AND FREE BANNER GIVEAWAY!

twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

060A9969-1FFB-42BD-85CA-357000A35584 (resized).jpeg060A9969-1FFB-42BD-85CA-357000A35584 (resized).jpeg
#510 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE NOW: Stern Pinball rules designer Mike Vinikour in tha house playing and talking Stranger Things Pinball!
AND FREE BANNER GIVEAWAY!
twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball[quoted image]

Gonna have to get home and watch this and the game. As in National championship!

Gotta hear what Mike V has to say !

#511 4 years ago

SIAP, but Jack said they will stream the premium on Thursday. It looked great in the short video he posted today

#512 4 years ago

Delivery day today!! Fedex bringing my machine sometime around noon!! Can’t wait to set this thing up and get to flippin’!!!

#513 4 years ago

I want to see how the projections looks in person, but I really want to know how it impacts/enhances gameplay. Does the projection on the ramps point you to where you need to go? Does the projection on the screen provide information or insight to what I should be doing, or are they just images? Is my gameplay experience improved by the addition of the projection features?

I hope so.

#514 4 years ago

Just got notified that LEs hit the line in two weeks!

#515 4 years ago

Pro is officially on the way from Stern. Much back and forth mainly because im so indecisive, but the wife wants a new refrigerator, so getting a pro vs premium is essentially a free refrigerator.

The plan is to put a keg in the old refrigerator, and drink enough to forget im missing out on the projector.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pro is officially on the way from Stern. Much back and forth mainly because im so indecisive, but the wife wants a new refrigerator, so getting a pro vs premium is essentially a free refrigerator.
The plan is to put a keg in the old refrigerator, and drink enough to forget im missing out on the projector.

IMO, you made the right choice on this one. Your wallet will thank you.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

IMO, you made the right choice on this one. Your wallet will thank you.

I think so but mainly due to the justification of money more than anything else. My basement would be PERFECT for the projector, but ill love the game regardless. Plan to play it again tonight actually at the bar.

#518 4 years ago

It’s finally here and Setup!! Been playing for a couple hours now and absolutely loving it!!! FedEx came around 11:15 or so, brought it into my basement. Had to unbox it in my driveway. Was a little nervous about that. But they actually had to hand carry the damn thing into my basement. Made it down in one piece though!! I can’t believe how gorgeous this thing looks in my basement. Artwork is top notch! And the lighting is just phenomenal! My first NIB machine and I’m loving it! I updated it to current code and just having a blast with it.

5C762211-95A8-4FE5-A29C-2354D88BB8B9 (resized).jpeg5C762211-95A8-4FE5-A29C-2354D88BB8B9 (resized).jpeg8DED3007-EA09-4787-B437-16A4C9599338 (resized).jpeg8DED3007-EA09-4787-B437-16A4C9599338 (resized).jpegCB77ED5C-0B55-4165-90F7-0407B0F2B60B (resized).jpegCB77ED5C-0B55-4165-90F7-0407B0F2B60B (resized).jpeg
#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s finally here and Setup!! Been playing for a couple hours now and absolutely loving it!!! FedEx came around 11:15 or so, brought it into my basement. Had to unbox it in my driveway. Was a little nervous about that. But they actually had to hand carry the damn thing into my basement. Made it down in one piece though!! I can’t believe how gorgeous this thing looks in my basement. Artwork is top notch! And the lighting is just phenomenal! My first NIB machine and I’m loving it! I updated it to current code and just having a blast with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to hear your luck of being extremely happy with your first NIB

#521 4 years ago

congrats and lucky you they brought it into the house and down the stairs! Mine is coming via carrier and my last machine the guy would only bring it in the front door and I still had to give him a nice tip to do that.

Heard from my distributor that my pro should be shipping from stern any day now. Hope to have it sometime next week!

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

congrats and lucky you they brought it into the house and down the stairs! Mine is coming via carrier and my last machine the guy would only bring it in the front door and I still had to give him a nice tip to do that.
Heard from my distributor that my pro should be shipping from stern any day now. Hope to have it sometime next week!

Well I had to PAY for them to bring it into the house. I guess FedEx has a pilot program going where If u pay extra to the vendor, that they’ll bring it inside into any room AND put the legs on and dispose of all packing materials for you. I told them not to worry about putting legs on. I’ll do that myself.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

so getting a pro vs premium is essentially a free refrigerator.

Dude I like the way you think.

#524 4 years ago

So I’ve been playing my machine pretty much non stop all afternoon and all I can say is that this game is super fun and addicting ! I think the current version of code is really fun and there is quite a few callouts in the game. Stern did a really good job with the theme and it feels like the show is properly inserted into this machine. I can’t wait to see how the code is going to evolve ! And I can’t wait to install my shaker motor AND speaker lights tomorrow! I’ll post pics tomorrow after the install.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’ve been playing my machine pretty much non stop all afternoon and all I can say is that this game is super fun and addicting !And I can’t wait to install my shaker motor AND speaker lights tomorrow! I’ll post pics tomorrow after the install.

Shaker motor is awesome and really draws you in when you hit the Demogorgon. I don't have the speaker lights yet, but they are on my to-do list.
Keep on enjoying!

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s finally here and Setup!! Been playing for a couple hours now and absolutely loving it!!! FedEx came around 11:15 or so, brought it into my basement. Had to unbox it in my driveway. Was a little nervous about that. But they actually had to hand carry the damn thing into my basement. Made it down in one piece though!! I can’t believe how gorgeous this thing looks in my basement. Artwork is top notch! And the lighting is just phenomenal! My first NIB machine and I’m loving it! I updated it to current code and just having a blast with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations. Don’t play too much

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Congratulations. Don’t play too much

Never stop playing.

Trindawg, my first NIB was Game if Thrones. I put close to 1,000 plays on it the first month I had it. See if you can top that! Haha

#528 4 years ago

Currently at a local music venue waiting for dead south to come on stage. Can’t stop thinking about getting to the upside down.

#529 4 years ago

The sound effects for that are so so good. Can’t wait to hear them with a powered sub hooked up!

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never stop playing.
Trindawg, my first NIB was Game if Thrones. I put close to 1,000 plays on it the first month I had it. See if you can top that! Haha

Wow!! That’s awesome! And a lot of time playing ! I’m currently on medical leave for at least another week or two, so I’ll be getting in plenty of play time myself! My wife was already complaining tonight that I didn’t want to hang out with her!

#531 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm the backbox speakers are 4inch on the pro at all?
Anyone also able to give a clear full under playfield pic?
Thankyou!

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thankyou!

I will try and take some pics tomorrow. I’m installing my speaker light kit tomorrow so I’ll be in there.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The sound effects for that are so so good. Can’t wait to hear them with a powered sub hooked up!

In my Sterns I put the JBL stage2 810 speaker in the cabinet, this is a drop-in replacement. Cost effective and gives just that extra oomph that will make the machine just that more interesting without pushing it over the top. And I crank the bass up a notch from the menu.

jbl810 (resized).jpgjbl810 (resized).jpg
#534 4 years ago

Have you guys seen these?

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg

13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg

21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg

22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg

23 (resized).jpg23 (resized).jpg

31 (resized).jpg31 (resized).jpg

32 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg

33 (resized).jpg33 (resized).jpg

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

In my Sterns I put the JBL stage2 810 speaker in the cabinet, this is a drop-in replacement. Cost effective and gives just that extra oomph that will make the machine just that more interesting without pushing it over the top. And I crank the bass up a notch from the menu.[quoted image]

Where can I buy this speaker at? I’m thinking of putting in a subwoofer too

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

In my Sterns I put the JBL stage2 810 speaker in the cabinet, this is a drop-in replacement. Cost effective and gives just that extra oomph that will make the machine just that more interesting without pushing it over the top. And I crank the bass up a notch from the menu.[quoted image]

Nice. I’m going to see how the upgraded sound package on the LE sounds first. Not sure I’ll need to mess with anything.

#537 4 years ago

Been waiting for some nice side art. I think I might go with the first although I'm sick of eleven..... Christmas lights are cool too.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thankyou!

Yes pro speakers are 4”. I bought some kenwood 5.25” and the bigger speaker brackets from pinballlife. I also got the type 13 kit from speakerlights and a shaker from cointaker now if my machine would get here already lol. I’ll post pics when all hooked up.

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thankyou!

Here’s the pic u requested of under the playfield. I installed my shaker motor this morning and took this pic for ya while I had it up. Hope this helps !

27B0E030-C53E-4FD2-AE7F-CC80612A08C4 (resized).jpeg27B0E030-C53E-4FD2-AE7F-CC80612A08C4 (resized).jpeg
#540 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Been waiting for some nice side art. I think I might go with the first although I'm sick of eleven..... Christmas lights are cool too.

I like them all EXCEPT the first, this is why we have options though . Slick back hair Eleven, or any reminder of the Chicago kids will NOT be displayed on my game!

To each their own, but I compare that episode to the "fly" episode of Breaking Bad. It has its place, just not for me.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Yes pro speakers are 4”. I bought some kenwood 5.25” and the bigger speaker brackets from pinballlife. I also got the type 13 kit from speakerlights and a shaker from cointaker now if my machine would get here already lol. I’ll post pics when all hooked up.

If anyone is looking to do a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade on a SPIKE 2 game....you might want to give me a bit of time (3 - 4 weeks). I should have 5.25" speaker plates available at a lower price than they are available for now. If you are buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit with them...they will be a significant lower price than that upgrade can be done now. I plan on having the 5.25" speaker plates at $50 a pair if purchased alone or $25 a pair if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.

I know I have been saying this for awhile, but with the 5th prototype set....they have now passed their test fitting and a production order has been placed.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

To each their own, but I compare that episode to the "fly" episode of Breaking Bad. It has its place, just not for me.

Haha. It’s not THAT bad.

Pretty crazy that the fly episode is seriously the only throw away episode of the entire Breaking Bad series. That show was so good.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I like them all EXCEPT the first, this is why we have options though . Slick back hair Eleven, or any reminder of the Chicago kids will NOT be displayed on my game!

that's hilarious haha. The first one is basically the LE side art.

Ideally I would want that eleven replaced with billy or steve but i feel like if any of the companies include them, they'll include all of the kids and I'm not looking for all of them. Shipped is 100+ which is a little expensive for this but what's new with this industry ; )

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where can I buy this speaker at? I’m thinking of putting in a subwoofer too

Looks like a lot of choices. $43 and up...depending on how much you trust buying from web shops you have never heard of. Amzon seems like the safe sweet spot on price and trust.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=jbl+stage+810&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=63DB01CBB469438EB10F49FE51771EDB

#545 4 years ago

Any recommendations on a comfy floor mat to stand on while I’m playing long sessions on my new machine ? My feet get to hurting when I’m standing for long periods of time. I’m not so young anymore !

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If anyone is looking to do a 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade on a SPIKE 2 game....you might want to give me a bit of time (3 - 4 weeks). I should have 5.25" speaker plates available at a lower price than they are available for now. If you are buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit with them...they will be a significant lower price than that upgrade can be done now. I plan on having the 5.25" speaker plates at $50 a pair if purchased alone or $25 a pair if purchased with a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit.
I know I have been saying this for awhile, but with the 5th prototype set....they have now passed their test fitting and a production order has been placed.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Doug has been awesome with answering all my questions. If I wasn’t so impatient I would have bought my speaker brackets through him. I look forward to my future business transactions with him.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Looks like a lot of choices. $43 and up...depending on how much you trust buying from web shops you have never heard of. Amzon seems like the safe sweet spot on price and trust.
https://www.bing.com/shop?q=jbl+stage+810&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=63DB01CBB469438EB10F49FE51771EDB

Cheapest price in NL was 50 euro's.

Which kind of speakers are placed in the LE version? Are that kenwood KFC-S1066 ones? I see those are 4 ohm speakers, I know that there is a setting in the menu where you can switch the cabinet speaker from 8 to 4 ohm but don't know if that is also available for the backbox speakers.

18_KFC-S1066_ (resized).png18_KFC-S1066_ (resized).png
#548 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Have you guys seen these?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like that a lot!

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Cheapest price in NL was 50 euro's.
Which kind of speakers are placed in the LE version? Are that kenwood KFC-S1066 ones? I see those are 4 ohm speakers, I know that there is a setting in the menu where you can switch the cabinet speaker from 8 to 4 ohm but don't know if that is also available for the backbox speakers.[quoted image]

The Kenwood speakers that Stern has been using in the recent LEs are Kenwood KFC-1366s model.

UPDATE: The ones you have listed are 6.5" speakers.

UPDATE 2: I see this setting was added back in June of 2018. I think all SPIKE 2s have been updated past the system revision that added this since then:

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types
are "STANDARD 8 OHM" and "HIGH PERFORMANCE 4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The Kenwood speakers that Stern has been using in the recent LEs are Kenwood KFC-1366s model.
UPDATE: The ones you have listed are 6.5" speakers.

Any idea What sub are they using in the LE’s?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/11?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.