IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 448.
#5851 3 years ago

So I am thinking about trading for one of these. It is a pro model with UV but I prefer the one with the projector is it possible to mod these pros to use the projector? Liek changing the ball return area out for the LE version etc?

#5852 3 years ago

Nope. If you want the projector you need the premium/LE

#5853 3 years ago

The more I chat about this game the more it seems to be gaining respect. I secured an Le based on playing it a couple times and chatting with my friends who own it.

#5854 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. If you want the projector you need the premium/LE

What is really stopping someone from getting a premium/le projector and the apron that covers that and mounting it? I am 100% sure the wiring harnesses are teh same or at the least a connector can be added to which ever board followed by a code update. You may not have the lock ball thing but thats broken any way and disabled so lol.

#5855 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

What is really stopping someone from getting a premium/le projector and the apron that covers that and mounting it? I am 100% sure the wiring harnesses are teh same or at the least a connector can be added to which ever board followed by a code update. You may not have the lock ball thing but thats broken any way and disabled so lol.

Mine works beautifully and has never been disabled so lol.

#5856 3 years ago

Why wouldn’t you fix the magnet lock?

I just don’t think the projector mod would work. I’d happily be wrong, but I don’t think it can be done.

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why wouldn’t you fix the magnet lock?
I just don’t think the projector mod would work. I’d happily be wrong, but I don’t think it can be done.

I thought there was no fix for it right now?

#5859 3 years ago

So I have a temp fix or maybe permanent for some if you're having trouble hitting the demogorgan mouth and the ball is hitting on bottom opening of the mouth. I took a small strip of cardboard from a priority mail box and mylared it to the end of the ramp to get a bump lift on ball and works great. There may be a self adhesive material about the same thickness that may do the trick, maybe even silver colored to match the ramp color. Here's a picture of the priority mail box size if the thickness varies on different boxes.

20201017_121538 (resized).jpg20201017_121538 (resized).jpg20201017_121740 (resized).jpg20201017_121740 (resized).jpg
#5860 3 years ago

I've finally got my game set up, what a beauty... most beautiful legs on a pin I've ever seen!!

First game, 3 solid shots to the TK lock and 3 failures, with cold flipper coils, was flying up the ramp and almost making it to the end of the diverter ramp, but dropping off without the magnet grabbing it... obviously needs adjusting.

It has a Lermods DigDug mod already installed, which is awesome, but it only seems to come on for a short period after powering the game up... I actually played on it while the pin was in attract mode, and when I died, DigDug went into attract mode, and then went to a black screen again. Here are some pics of how it's wired up... the top bk/rd wires are from the DigDug, here there is an addition white wire pair going to what I guess is an LED put behind the 'save Will' insert (which seems very odd to me!), actually, could this be a light activated swith that turns DigDug on? The lower bk/rd wires go to the lower small (power?) Board in the head... I'd like this mod to be on all the time ideally... does anyone know how to achieve this?

20201017_210334 (resized).jpg20201017_210334 (resized).jpg20201017_221232 (resized).jpg20201017_221232 (resized).jpg20201017_221328 (resized).jpg20201017_221328 (resized).jpg20201017_221259 (resized).jpg20201017_221259 (resized).jpg
#5861 3 years ago

I had a weird issue last night where my shaker locked on and there was a nice light show under my shooter lane area. It was during Telekinesis Multiball. Not sure if it was code related or just a coincidence.

Also noticed after Morse code that the playfield lights stay off until you hit certain things.

Both happened during my stream and I clipped them.

#5862 3 years ago

i know it's not really an important feature, but did the new update add sounds during attract mode when you hit the flipper buttons? no idea why, but i love that ish. i miss it when it's not there.

#5863 3 years ago

No. No attract flipper button sounds unfortunately

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. No attract flipper button sounds unfortunately

isn't that something that's normally added? any ideas why it isn't in stranger things? do you expect it to be at some point?

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I've finally got my game set up, what a beauty... most beautiful legs on a pin I've ever seen!!
First game, 3 solid shots to the TK lock and 3 failures, with cold flipper coils, was flying up the ramp and almost making it to the end of the diverter ramp, but dropping off without the magnet grabbing it... obviously needs adjusting.
It has a Lermods DigDug mod already installed, which is awesome, but it only seems to come on for a short period after powering the game up... I actually played on it while the pin was in attract mode, and when I died, DigDug went into attract mode, and then went to a black screen again. Here are some pics of how it's wired up... the top bk/rd wires are from the DigDug, here there is an addition white wire pair going to what I guess is an LED put behind the 'save Will' insert (which seems very odd to me!), actually, could this be a light activated swith that turns DigDug on? The lower bk/rd wires go to the lower small (power?) Board in the head... I'd like this mod to be on all the time ideally... does anyone know how to achieve this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that last pic shows the light sensor. it only comes on briefly when the pin is booted. then it will come on after the "quarter hunt" mode starts. that light has to be on to trigger the sensor.

#5866 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

isn't that something that's normally added? any ideas why it isn't in stranger things? do you expect it to be at some point?

It’s lore of a designer by designer choice I think. But I think Eddy has done the flipper button attract before.

#5867 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I had a weird issue last night where my shaker locked on and there was a nice light show under my shooter lane area. It was during Telekinesis Multiball. Not sure if it was code related or just a coincidence.
Also noticed after Morse code that the playfield lights stay off until you hit certain things.
Both happened during my stream and I clipped them.

I had the same thing happen after morse code. All playfield lights were off for quite awhile until several other shots were made.

#5868 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s lore of a designer by designer choice I think. But I think Eddy has done the flipper button attract before.

Attack from Mars attract mode button calls of the martian growling plus CGC topper of the martian shaking makes for some GREAT scared little kids every time. I saved a bunch of them, but here's one (sorry the video quality's bad, I had to turn it into a GIF to post it). You can tell exactly when the kid presses the flipper button...

2019-05-13_17-55-10_Oleerys AfM scares kid.gif2019-05-13_17-55-10_Oleerys AfM scares kid.gif

#5869 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

that last pic shows the light sensor. it only comes on briefly when the pin is booted. then it will come on after the "quarter hunt" mode starts. that light has to be on to trigger the sensor.

Got it. I might cut the light sensor off and replace it with a leaf switch positioned so it closes when the flipper button is pressed. I just want the Dig Dug screen on as often as possible...

Another question, I got the Stern shooter rod mod, but the instructions only show the obvious part of how to change the rod, but not the bit that a man of my limited electronics capabilities can figure out, and that's where to plug the connector for the lights... does anyone know where this needs connecting?

It will fit on CN 15 on the board by the left flipper, so my guess is to put it there...

20201018_111958 (resized).jpg20201018_111958 (resized).jpg
#5870 3 years ago

It will fit on CN 15 on the board by the left flipper, so my guess is to put it there...[quoted image]

CN15 is apparently the connection point according to other posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-illuminated-shooter-rod-doesnt-light

#5871 3 years ago

Thanks!!

20201018_123227 (resized).jpg20201018_123227 (resized).jpg
#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Attack from Mars attract mode button calls of the martian growling plus CGC topper of the martian shaking makes for some GREAT scared little kids every time. I saved a bunch of them, but here's one (sorry the video quality's bad, I had to turn it into a GIF to post it). You can tell exactly when the kid presses the flipper button...
[quoted image]

Haha that's fing great lol. Videos of kids getting scared are so much better Bec so many adult ones seem fake as heck. That there you KNOW he prob peed a little hahaha

#5873 3 years ago

Hello Everyone. New to the Stranger Things club and absolutely loving this game. One of the first things I did was order the UV light kit. I ended up making an install tutorial just in case anyone is thinking about installing one. I hope this helps.

#5874 3 years ago

Got it. I might cut the light sensor off and replace it with a leaf switch positioned so it closes when the flipper button is pressed. I just want the Dig Dug screen on as often as possible...

If the light sensor is triggering it, you should be able to move the sensor to a light that comes on more often so the Dig Dug comes on more frequently

#5875 3 years ago

Haha that's fing great lol. Videos of kids getting scared are so much better Bec so many adult ones seem fake as heck. That there you KNOW he prob peed a little hahaha

I have a bunch of ones like this and better I saved. They're better with sound, but I can only post GIFs on pinside because I'm not setting up a youtube account to post video.

My favorite ones are where the kids get scared, then run off and tell someone (usually other kids) and come back, to demonstrate it for the others, but it won't work (because it's too soon since they did it before) and they get told to stop making things up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5876 3 years ago

New code flips. No issues. Play similar to last code. Didn’t get far enough to trigger new content

#5877 3 years ago

Thanks!!
[quoted image]

You have an LE? Those legs do look great.

Can you possibly take a pic of that shooter plate in good lighting with the game off? Curious to see how well it matches the artwork in front of the game. Do you have the matching one on the lock bar too?

If you put the Dig Dug sensor in front of GI lighting it should remain on all the time, in theory.

#5878 3 years ago

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

Don't love it too much. Under 18'll get ya 20.

#5880 3 years ago

Greetings fellow ST party members

I will be the owner of a HUO ST Pro
With a few stern addons

Question

Is there any rule sheets posted Anywhere for the pro

Also it’s been dialed in and tweaked should be in perfect shape also looks that via pictures

Any suggestions when I get the game in my lineup

Thank you for your help

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

You have an LE? Those legs do look great.

Can you possibly take a pic of that shooter plate in good lighting with the game off? Curious to see how well it matches the artwork in front of the game. Do you have the matching one on the lock bar too?

Yes, it's an LE... the legs look better in person... when I had a leg in my hand, moving it in the light, it was amazing to see, it's almost like a very fine metallic effect! A car in this colour would be quite a head turner!! do the pro and premium have different colour legs?

I can take the pic, but not at home for a few days... yes, it has the matching art on the lock bar... this came with the game, and I added the shooter rod mod, so I peeled the shooter plate decal off the old shooter plate, drilled a couple of holes in it for the lights of the new shooter plate, and stuck it on the new one... this decal is made from about 1mm thick plastic, so it's quite robust... I've therefore ended up with a double shooter mod

Quoted from evileye:

If you put the Dig Dug sensor in front of GI lighting it should remain on all the time, in theory.

I wish it were that simple, but it's not... the snag is that the Dig Dug mod will turn itself off after about 30 seconds if there is no activity on the buttons or knob on the cabinet to save the battery which it thinks is in the game... this battery is replaced by 5v from the black box which is part of the mod. if this 5v drops out, the Dig Dug screen goes off (it's like someone took the battery out). Then, when it's re-applied, the game should come back on again. In the mod there's some electronics that causes the 5v to stay on for 6 seconds after the light sensor switch goes open, this it to stop the mod turning on and off with the light insert blinking... in attract mode, since the blinking insert always re-lights within 6 seconds, it means the mod always gets 5v, therefore it stays on for the full 30s and then switches off (to save the 'battery'). It will therefore not come back on in attract mode. When you start the game, the Quarter Hunt insert will go out for longer than 6 seconds, this will take the 5v off the mod, and prime it for turning back on, which should happen when the Quarter Hunt insert lights again... I'm writing this to partly get my own thinking straight!! The snag with mine is that it doesn't come back on when Quarter Hunt re-lights when the pin is being played... this seems to be an issue with my specific mod which I'm working with Lermods to resolve...

If you have the glass off and play Dig Dug during the pin attract mode, it stays working of course...

It would be awesome if somehow this Dig Dug internal shut off could be disabled so that it stays on, but this would mean taking the Dig Dug game apart, and finding that shut-off feature!

Thinking about it, I wonder if somehow moving the Dig Dug knob permanently into a fixed position would fool the internal shut off of the mod and therefore leave it turned on? If this was the case, the light sensor that provides the repeating 'on' pulse would no longer be needed, and could simply be shorted out... must test this when back home!!!

#5882 3 years ago

I wish the LE legs had more of a metallic effect like the avengers and Deadpool.

Also. Anyone seen final showdown yet? Of course when it is finally in there I don’t come close to reaching it. Haha

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish the LE legs had more of a metallic effect like the avengers and Deadpool.
Also. Anyone seen final showdown yet? Of course when it is finally in there I don’t come close to reaching it. Haha

I'm hoping to see it on Deadflips stream today.

#5884 3 years ago

Wow you’re going to spoil it? I want to see it for myself.

#5885 3 years ago

Our demogorgan is not registering hits. Can someone point me in the right direction how to adjust this ? If you shoot 3 balls at it 1-2 register. This is super frustrating because it can be a dangerous shot.

#5886 3 years ago

Make sure you're in the .99.1 code. .99 was causing switch issues.

Next put the game into switch test and make sure the opto in front of the demo is registering bashes properly. Might need to be adjusted or cleaned.

#5888 3 years ago

Anyone with a premium that is interested in selling? Preferably in the eastern PA area.

#5889 3 years ago

My premium shipped with the outlane posts in the highest holes. Where are you guys setting yours?

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Where are you guys setting yours

I moved mine to middle position. for no other reason that my other recent stern games shipped with them in the middle. i havent seen any material difference in bounces after moving them

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

My premium shipped with the outlane posts in the highest holes. Where are you guys setting yours?

I left them in the highest position.

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

Our demogorgan is not registering hits. Can someone point me in the right direction how to adjust this ? If you shoot 3 balls at it 1-2 register. This is super frustrating because it can be a dangerous shot.

Pretty sure the opto switch that is just above the ramp entrance triggers the demogorgan hits. If you have the latest .99.1 code installed I would start there and see if it registers in switch test.

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow you’re going to spoil it? I want to see it for myself.

Haha! I'll forget what happens in Final Showdown before I'm good enough to get there.

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Haha! I'll forget what happens in Final Showdown before I'm good enough to get there.

Why is it, that I can’t replicate all the good shots when the new code drops. I was KILLING it before final showdown, getting close to it last week. But since .99.1, I’m like barely getting to Total ISO 1. Hahaha. I’m nervous I guess

#5895 3 years ago

I had everything ready. Played Send it Back. Then drained on Light the fire. So mad at myself.

#5896 3 years ago

Was just reading through the code update... what does this mean:

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Added a "DJ Mixer" music player to the game play mode menu that appears in
the attract mode.
- To start, hold in both flipper buttons. When the GAME PLAY MODE MENU appears
use the flipper buttons to navigate the DJ MIXER player, use the
START BUTTON to enter your selection.
- Use buttons to control the player
- LEFT BUTTON will restart the current tune. It will go to the previous
song if pressed near the start of a song.
- RIGHT BUTTON will move to the next song.
- The LOCKDOWN BAR BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- The START BUTTON will exit the DJ MIXER.
- Both flipper buttons will Pause or un-pause the mode. After some time,
while paused, the DJ MIXER will automatically end.

It sounds like you can make the pin play music during attract mode?

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Why is it, that I can’t replicate all the good shots when the new code drops. I was KILLING it before final showdown, getting close to it last week. But since .99.1, I’m like barely getting to Total ISO 1. Hahaha. I’m nervous I guess

I totally understand the nervousness. This game makes me sweat when I play. I saw someone on Twitch say, "This game really keeps you on your toes." Ha! That's a bit of an understatement imo. It takes some serious work to get to total iso2, let alone Final Showdown. Deadflip has a stream where he got to FS on the .98 code and it took 3 death saves and at least a couple of extra balls. It was 40 minutes of the most action I've seen in a game, and inevitably led to this biggest sphincter buster ever because FS wasn't coded yet. Haha

#5898 3 years ago

So close! I drained with just Run Will and Can't Stop This to go before Final Showdown. I did manage to get 500 mm on Light the Fire. I'll call that a win for tonight

#5899 3 years ago

500 mm on light the fire is huge!!!

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

500 mm on light the fire is huge!!!

I was shocked when I looked up and saw the total. What a rush haha

20201019_193634 (resized).jpg20201019_193634 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/118?hl=powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.