IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 449.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems like this code has messed with the switches in the game. Anyone else seeing this? The center shot behind the drops, right orbit, all the standups, are only registering like once out of 5 times hit.

Sounds like you've been Ropp'd.

#5802 3 years ago

No way I’m passing up the topper.

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems like this code has messed with the switches in the game. Anyone else seeing this? The center shot behind the drops, right orbit, all the standups, are only registering like once out of 5 times hit.

Makes me scared to update to it

#5804 3 years ago

Did you accidentally install pro code on a premium or vice / versa?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Did you accidentally install pro code on a premium or vice / versa?

Nope. Just double checked.

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

Makes me scared to update to it

Could just be bad luck. Doesn’t seem to be though. The switches register fine in test.

I have an LE though. Maybe the premium and pro code files are okay.

#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Could just be bad luck. Doesn’t seem to be though. The switches register fine in test.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm running the files to a flash drive real quick and I will throw it on my Premi as soon as it finishes. I'll keep you posted

#5808 3 years ago

Thanks. I have a couple LE friends that said they aren’t seeing the same as me so maybe something weird happened on mine during the update. I’ll try the update again.

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks. I have a couple LE friends that said they aren’t seeing the same as me so maybe something weird happened on mine during the update. I’ll try the update again.

My buddy and I both have the LE and are experiencing switch issues with this new update.

#5810 3 years ago

Well you guys were my LE friends I was referring to so I guess you’re seeing the same things. Bummer.

Brian has been notified. They are looking into it.

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it's not just you. First game my center shot to start demogorgan wouldn't register. Opened the game up, reseated connections, and it seemed fine for a game or two after but I haven't played since. I assumed I had a loose connector, but I doubt it's just coincidence that you are having trouble too. Bummer, but I'm sure they will fix it up quick.

I have a pro, FYI.

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well you guys were my LE friends I was referring to so I guess you’re seeing the same things. Bummer.
Brian has been notified. They are looking into it.

Optos are not consistently registering for ramp shot as well as the burn it back shot for me....disappointing.

#5813 3 years ago

Well good thing is that it’s for sure a bug so not just a crazy problem I was having. Haha. But yeah bummer I can’t play the new code right now.

#5814 3 years ago

D and O on the demo dog stand ups not working either...

#5815 3 years ago

Is there an easy way to revert back to .98?

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

D and O on the demo dog stand ups not working either...

Sounds like lots of Roppgret to go around...

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

Is there an easy way to revert back to .98?

If you have the files still, just reload that code. I deleted mine. Haha

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you have the files still, just reload that code. I deleted mine. Haha

I think I deleted them too

#5819 3 years ago

It was challenging to get to final showdown before, now it’s REALLY hard. Haha

#5820 3 years ago

Sorry y’all are having trouble but thanks for the heads up. Won’t be updating mine until this mess is fixed. Hope y’all get back up to speed soon.

Sucks.

#5823 3 years ago

Make sure you got the 98 link. I accidentally posted 0.99 for a minute first.

#5824 3 years ago

Just played a couple more games. Definitely not a fluke. Middle shot behind drops is intermittent. Left light lock seemed ok but right only worked once in 3 games. Other demodog targets were mostly dead. Everything else seemed ok but not positive. Definitely a bummer. It they already know about it, you'd think they would take the facebook post down at least. I usually give Stern a lot of grace, but seriously how did they not catch a bug this major? One play test would have told them something was haywire. :/

#5825 3 years ago

I don’t think they use beta testers. This would’ve been found quickly if so. I know Dwight does, but I guess it’s a team by team thing. Oh well. They are working on it as we speak so I admire the dedication. I would’ve waited until tomorrow. Haha.

#5826 3 years ago

What product does everyone use to fix the soft flipper issue?

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

What product does everyone use to fix the soft flipper issue?

PinMonk pin monk store here on pinside. Flipper fans.

#5828 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

vireland pin monk store here on pinside. Flipper fans.

Thank you so much!

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

vireland pin monk store here on pinside. Flipper fans.

Have a link? I find it hard to find in the market.

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Have a link? I find it hard to find in the market.

Found it. Searched this thread for vireland and found his link. The market is so hard to search :-/

#5831 3 years ago

ordered a set of fans from the monk. i'm super tired of not being able to hit the left ramp consistently after 10 minutes of play.

#5832 3 years ago

Looks like stern pulled the 0.99 update from their site. Probably due to the issues you folks experienced.

{
"code": "not_found",
"message": "File with such name does not exist.",
"status": 404
}

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Found it. Searched this thread for vireland and found his link. The market is so hard to search :-/

Pinmonk.com is much easier to browse, but here on the pinside store or there both work.

Thanks for the support!

#5834 3 years ago

Bummer on the .99 code. My machine definitely has all of the side effects mentioned here.

Got my Tibetan Breezes installed yesterday and they made a huge difference. Played for a few hours tonight despite the code issues and was crushing the tk lock. Definitely a must buy for this machine.

After the tk locks performance tonight, I thought I should mention a couple of adjustments that stood out to me. First I should say that I have messed with the lock mech since I've had the machine and no matter how precise I had the mech arm from the back of the cabinet, the mech never seemed like it worked right. I even tried pulling the ramp out as far as I could and that seemed to make it a little worse. One thing I never adjusted until yesterday was the height of the rod. The height on the rod was a solid 2 1/8", way higher than Stern and chuckwurt suggest. So I bent the rod to about 1/16 under 2" and made sure it stayed there. The other adjustment I made is little harder to explain. The general idea was to pull out just the left side of the ramp and stick a 3/4" rubber ring behind it as a spacer. The thought behind this was to bring the back wall of the left side of the ramp closer to the lower part of the mech arm so that the mech arm was more underneath the ball instead of on the side of the ball reducing potential pinching and so that pulling out the ramp didn't create as much of a lip for the ball to travel over as it travelled up the arm. I added the tibetan breezes, lowered the arm and pulled out the left side of the ramp throwing scientific caution to the wind, so I can't be sure if it's just one adjustment or another that makes my tk lock work effortlessly, but it does. I also noticed that it just sounds better now (smoother?), there's not a lot of extra noise. Hope this helps somebody, hope my breezes help get me to the Final Showdown, and I hope the code is fixed by Friday afternoon.

#5835 3 years ago

Brian said the code should be fixed and reposted today.

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Bummer on the .99 code. My machine definitely has all of the side effects mentioned here.
Got my Tibetan Breezes installed yesterday and they made a huge difference. Played for a few hours tonight despite the code issues and was crushing the tk lock. Definitely a must buy for this machine.
After the tk locks performance tonight, I thought I should mention a couple of adjustments that stood out to me. First I should say that I have messed with the lock mech since I've had the machine and no matter how precise I had the mech arm from the back of the cabinet, the mech never seemed like it worked right. I even tried pulling the ramp out as far as I could and that seemed to make it a little worse. One thing I never adjusted until yesterday was the height of the rod. The height on the rod was a solid 2 1/8", way higher than Stern and chuckwurt suggest. So I bent the rod to about 1/16 under 2" and made sure it stayed there. The other adjustment I made is little harder to explain. The general idea was to pull out just the left side of the ramp and stick a 3/4" rubber ring behind it as a spacer. The thought behind this was to bring the back wall of the left side of the ramp closer to the lower part of the mech arm so that the mech arm was more underneath the ball instead of on the side of the ball reducing potential pinching and so that pulling out the ramp didn't create as much of a lip for the ball to travel over as it travelled up the arm. I added the tibetan breezes, lowered the arm and pulled out the left side of the ramp throwing scientific caution to the wind, so I can't be sure if it's just one adjustment or another that makes my tk lock work effortlessly, but it does. I also noticed that it just sounds better now (smoother?), there's not a lot of extra noise. Hope this helps somebody, hope my breezes help get me to the Final Showdown, and I hope the code is fixed by Friday afternoon.

So glad to hear your TK lock is money.

I did the same this you did and put something on the left side of the ramp to help pull it away from the back wall.

And yes, you’ll know when you have it right as the mech and ball transition will be butter smooth. No clunkiness at all.

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So glad to hear your TK lock is money.
I did the same this you did and put something on the left side of the ramp to help pull it away from the back wall.
And yes, you’ll know when you have it right as the mech and ball transition will be butter smooth. No clunkiness at all.

Is there a link to the TK ball lock fix you are referring to? I have had mine shut off since the beginning because it doesn't work properly.

Thanks for the update on the .99 code also.

#5838 3 years ago

Every thread has a listing of key posts at the top. It’s up there. Here’s a link.

Don’t expect to get it perfect the first attempt. Took me like six months to finally get mine right. Haha. But this should help immensely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every thread has a listing of key posts at the top. It’s up there. Here’s a link.
Don’t expect to get it perfect the first attempt. Took me like six months to finally get mine right. Haha. But this should help immensely.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

Thanks Chuck!

#5840 3 years ago

It appears the .99 code is back on Stern's website.

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

It appears the .99 code is back on Stern's website.

But no notification if anything was fixed

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

But no notification if anything was fixed

Yep, nevermind, clicked on the link and said code not found.

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Yep, nevermind, clicked on the link and said code not found.

Hopefully they will have a fix up today.

#5844 3 years ago

Anyone that can point me on how to adjust the screen? I just noticed that when it comes down to battle the demo that it’s not all the way down (just slightly off the playfield). Once I shoot a shot up it, then it goes down. It doesn’t effect the first shoot though since it’s just ever so slightly off the playfield

EF2C42B4-D138-45E4-8B4C-DD1D7F9951A0 (resized).jpegEF2C42B4-D138-45E4-8B4C-DD1D7F9951A0 (resized).jpeg
#5845 3 years ago

I would say put it in test and see how it behaves. Then probably a physical adjustment is in order or it’s binding on something.

#5846 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would say put it in test and see how it behaves. Then probably a physical adjustment is in order or it’s binding on something.

I'll try it Chuck. Any idea how you adjust it?

#5847 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I'll try it Chuck. Any idea how you adjust it?

I haven’t had to mess with mine. I would start with the manual to understand how it works then visually inspect it topside and below to see if it’s getting caught on anything.

Diagnostics should show you if it’s stopping before the down switch is tripped. If that’s the case I say it’s binding somewhere.

#5848 3 years ago

Code .99.1 is up

#5849 3 years ago

There is not a lot of play to adjust the ramp. There are two switches that control it and I wasn't able to adjust more than a few millimeters. That ramp looks bent or something. I'd ask Stern for a new ramp to start with.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#5850 3 years ago

Loaded 0.99.1 and it worked great. Nice to see the quick fix from Stern!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.