IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 449.
#5701 3 years ago

They just picked up filming again last week after the delay of COVID, so they’re way behind. I don’t think they’re committing to a release date beyond 2021 yet, and even that is a stretch. Man, these kids are going to look even older than they should be (once again). That’s the problem when the seasons don’t skip years. How old were they supposed to be again in S3, 14?

#5702 3 years ago

At this point they are going to have to revisit the kids in College a few years later lol. None of them look like kids anymore.

#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

At this point they are going to have to revisit the kids in College a few years later lol. None of them look like kids anymore.

Haha exactly!

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Just got a great game in. Once everything is dialed in, it sings when played. I hit burn it back 5 times in a row for my 5-way combo. That ranks like #3 best moments. Child #1 and #2 just edge burn it back combo for best life moments.

as a pin owner with 3 kids, i can tell you, the 5-way-combo edges out the last kid. been there, done that.

#5705 3 years ago

sooooo....what makes "where's barb" give 40mil right off the bat? just had it happen to me for the second time.

started it, ball was wild and randomly hit some shot on the left (mystery loop maybe?) and it awarded 40mil.

even when i've found her before, it's way less than that...

#5706 3 years ago

Have to find her on the first shot.

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

that's it?

i swear i thought i'd found her on the first shot before and it had been way less.

good to know though...that's a really quick way to add some decent points.

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

as a pin owner with 3 kids, i can tell you, the 5-way-combo edges out the last kid. been there, done that.

¡Testify!

#5710 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is a shot that tells you where she is, correct?

#5711 3 years ago

"I knew this day would come for you"

#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

There is a shot that tells you where she is, correct?

Saucer. If you take that route, finding her is worth a lot less. Like 5 million maybe.

#5713 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Saucer. If you take that route, finding her is worth a lot less. Like 5 million maybe.

Ok... so getting the 40mil for finding her on the first shot is pure luck then by the sound of it... unless there's a 'secret pattern'

#5715 3 years ago

Just had a cool moment. I was playing upside down 2 with ramps and orbits, hit the mystery and got upside down.

It started upside down 1 and they ran together. Was almost perfect on both and got around 110 million combined. That was sweet!

#5716 3 years ago

Also stern of the union address says new code update soon!

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just had a cool moment. I was playing upside down 2 with ramps and orbits, hit the mystery and got upside down.
It started upside down 1 and they ran together. Was almost perfect on both and got around 110 million combined. That was sweet!

That’s freakin’ cool

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also stern of the union address says new code update soon!

YES!!!!

#5719 3 years ago

Having trouble dialing in the diverter mech on the TK lock on my LE. When the coil is engaged, does your diverter have back and forth play in it? In other words, if I reach behind the back panel and engage the plunger mech for the lock diverter, I can move the diverter arm back and forth 1/4" or so (with the coil plunger pushed in). I'm trying to determine if this is by design or not. My shots stick about 1/3 to 1/4 of the time, and the other times they scream back down the ramp SDTM. I did all of the adjustments per the Stern PDF on chuckwert's post.

#5720 3 years ago

I did some recording to help someone debug but did it in 120fps and its a great slomo!

#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I did some recording to help someone debug but did it in 120fps and its a great slomo!

Cool... that's quite an air-ball at 4:36!! Does the game often cause air-balls off the slings?

Seems like you need to lower the Domogorgan a bit...

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Having trouble dialing in the diverter mech on the TK lock on my LE. When the coil is engaged, does your diverter have back and forth play in it? In other words, if I reach behind the back panel and engage the plunger mech for the lock diverter, I can move the diverter arm back and forth 1/4" or so (with the coil plunger pushed in). I'm trying to determine if this is by design or not. My shots stick about 1/3 to 1/4 of the time, and the other times they scream back down the ramp SDTM. I did all of the adjustments per the Stern PDF on chuckwert's post.

I have the same issue. My probably works a little more often than you're reporting, but not nearly enough. In continuing to tinker with it, I noticed what you did, there's still play with the plunger. It *seems* like the extra movement absorbs the momentum of the ball, which leads to rejects. I followed the guide as well, and the coil is properly secured, but there is still lateral slack in the diverter pin, at least on my game.

#5723 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

A little play is fine. I would make sure that nut on the back of the diverter arm is nice and tight, but there will be a little play in the diverter arm when engaged.

Did you review that post recently? In the past month or so I added a ton more information with pictures to help dial the diverter in.

In your case I would concentrate on adjusting the diverters distance from the back wall when engaged. It sounds like the arm is too close to the back wall, pinching the ball, and causing rejects.

Also, be sure that the ramp is as far away from the back wall as possible. Should be able to feel the hump in the ramp as you run your fingers from the ramp to the back wall to confirm the ramp is sitting out from the back wall and not flush with it.

Make sure you have the flipper fans and the flipper strength set to default too (255)

I hope that helps.

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Sweet slo mo! Noticed a couple things:

Right ramp is missing a projector decal on the right lock standup.

Your projector images need to be moved up a bit. They are sitting too low causing a black line across all the targets. Should be an easy fix in the settings.

#5725 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I did some recording to help someone debug but did it in 120fps and its a great slomo

The ramp to the Demogorgan coming down at the speed in the video looks cool... any way to slow the ramp down in reality so it lowers slower? The slower ramp kind of ties in with the scale of things... I can imagine if that were to scale with the Demogorgan it would come down at about the speed in the video, if anyone knows what I mean...

#5726 3 years ago

any way to slow the ramp down in reality so it lowers slower?

Not that I know of.

#5727 3 years ago

The ramp to the Demogorgan coming down at the speed in the video looks cool... any way to slow the ramp down in reality so it lowers slower? The slower ramp kind of ties in with the scale of things... I can imagine if that were to scale with the Demogorgan it would come down at about the speed in the video, if anyone knows what I mean...

Hadn't thought of slowing the ramp, but a resistor on the motor lead would slow the motor RPMs if you want to slow the ramp reveal.

#5728 3 years ago

You don't want to slow the ramp. If you did, you'd want to kill yourself during the 4th and 5th demogorgon modes when the ramp keeps moving up and down.

#5729 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You don't want to slow the ramp. If you did, you'd want to kill yourself during the 4th and 5th demogorgon modes when the ramp keeps moving up and down.

Just the fourth one. I actually did adjust that mode. Made it so it raises and lowers every 2 seconds instead of 1 second.

#5730 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I guess it depends a bit on what makes the ramp decide to move... if it's based on time, and someone slows the opening down, it could never actually get down! But if it's based on it hitting a closed limit switch, it could work... that and playing with the open/close rate... it would make it more like the drawbridge on MM, or the dropping target bank on AFM... now if the designer of those games had anything to do with this game I bet he'd have wanted it slow!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Hadn't thought of slowing the ramp, but a resistor on the motor lead would slow the motor RPMs if you want to slow the ramp reveal.

I might play with that a bit... my electronic skills can just about stretch to soldering a resistor in place... might make it a pot. so I can adjust it... thanks for the tip!!

#5731 3 years ago

Well, I guess it depends a bit on what makes the ramp decide to move... if it's based on time, and someone slows the opening down, it could never actually get down! But if it's based on it hitting a closed limit switch, it could work... that and playing with the open/close rate... it would make it more like the drawbridge on MM, or the dropping target bank on AFM... now if the designer of those games had anything to do with this game I bet he'd have wanted it slow!

I might play with that a bit... my electronic skills can just about stretch to soldering a resistor in place... might make it a pot. so I can adjust it... thanks for the tip!!

It would be nice if Brian would just save everyone the trouble and add a ramp speed option to the settings. It could even have sub-settings for successive demogorgons, so the first one is very slow and cinematic, but the ones after are more like it is now.

He's a nice guy who cares about your pinball experience, so maybe he'll acquiesce if you ask real nice and save you potentially disasterous soldering accidents.

I'll mention it to him...

#5732 3 years ago

Talked to Brian about it quickly and the limiting factor may be the torque needed to get the motor to start, so there is a lower limit to how low the power can be before the motor just won't start, so your idea of a pot might be the best idea since you can adjust easily. He also said they'd look into putting some settings after 1.0 is out if it's feasable.

#5733 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the fourth one. I actually did adjust that mode. Made it so it raises and lowers every 2 seconds instead of 1 second.

Ah...I only made it to the fifth mode once, so I misremembered it moving. But that fourth mode is a bitch...

#5734 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ah...I only made it to the fifth mode once, so I misremembered it moving. But that fourth mode is a bitch...

Yeah and the demo supers are worth nearly enough for how difficult it is to make it in the mouth with it moving up and down every second. 2 seconds is doable though.

#5735 3 years ago

Well I dialed the TK lock in somewhat. Actually stuck 3 in a row before it went to 1 out of 3 or so for the rest of the session. I made several minor adjustments but can't seem to get it perfect. It seems pretty fickle, so not a great design on this mech imo.

Anyway, super fun game. The rules seem 90's throwback basically with some added depth. What kind of scores are you guys putting up?

IMG_4579 (resized).jpegIMG_4579 (resized).jpeg
#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Well I dialed the TK lock in somewhat. Actually stuck 3 in a row before it went to 1 out of 3 or so for the rest of the session.

Do you have the flipper fans? That might get you completely fixed. When I dialed mine, it was perfect until about 10 mins in, then it was like 20% at best.

Flipper fans fix the power fade of the flippers and keeps that TK lock buttery smooth.

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have the flipper fans? That might get you completely fixed. When I dialed mine, it was perfect until about 10 mins in, then it was like 20% at best.
Flipper fans fix the power fade of the flippers and keeps that TK lock buttery smooth.

Thanks chuckwurt, I do not have them. I just picked the game up recently (NIB LE). Just installed the UV kit which is awesome. Who sells the fans?

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Thanks chuckwurt, I do not have them. I just picked the game up recently (NIB LE). Just installed the UV kit which is awesome. Who sells the fans?

Pin monk @vireland. Great product and was the final step in fixing my lock for good.

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

They're in the pinmonk store:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

(thanks for the recommendation, Chuck)

#5740 3 years ago

installed these yesterday, wow what a difference.
game is so much better, have not had one reject from tk lock when nailing the shot.

highly recommend these.

#5741 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be nice if Brian would just save everyone the trouble and add a ramp speed option to the settings. It could even have sub-settings for successive demogorgons, so the first one is very slow and cinematic, but the ones after are more like it is now.

The different speed settings would be awesome... You could do it manually by soldering a pot. to the motor lead and running it to the coin door and then adjust the speed yourself according to which demo mode you're in

#5742 3 years ago

Quick question. I add the cooling fans (awesome btw) and moved my britebuttons mod to the CN2 space because the fans use CN11. But I don’t get any power to the buttons. When I switch back, they light up. So it seems I need to turn the CN2 power on in settings?

#5743 3 years ago

Cool... that's quite an air-ball at 4:36!! Does the game often cause air-balls off the slings?
Seems like you need to lower the Domogorgan a bit...

hadn't really noticed it but will watch out for it. The Demo is ok just need to play better

#5744 3 years ago

Quick question. I add the cooling fans (awesome btw) and moved my britebuttons mod to the CN2 space because the fans use CN11. But I don’t get any power to the buttons. When I switch back, they light up. So it seems I need to turn the CN2 power on in settings?

CN2 is 5V, CN11 is 12V. Also, the pinouts are not the same. So CN2 is a dead-end if you need 12V.

CN3 and CN4 are 12V (different pin arrangement).

CN9 is for the dollar bill acceptor and is also 12V.

12V_alternatives_Spike2 (resized).jpg12V_alternatives_Spike2 (resized).jpg
#5745 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet slo mo! Noticed a couple things:
Right ramp is missing a projector decal on the right lock standup.
Your projector images need to be moved up a bit. They are sitting too low causing a black line across all the targets. Should be an easy fix in the settings.

yeah I have the decal just need to find away to stick it back on! I'll have a look at the projector thanks.

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN2 is 5V, CN11 is 12V. Also, the pinouts are not the same. So CN2 is a dead-end if you need 12V.
CN9 is for the dollar bill acceptor and is also 12V.[quoted image]

Thank you! The best you are.

#5747 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN9 is for the dollar bill acceptor and is also 12V.[quoted image]

Need new pin connector. Any idea what one I should order?

#5748 3 years ago

Thank God I wasn't the only one.

Vic will take care of you. He's really pretty awesome.

#5749 3 years ago

Need new pin connector. Any idea what one I should order?

I'll PM you. It's really not clear cut and mostly subjective.

#5750 3 years ago

I’m incredibly close to pulling the trigger on a Premium - in large part thanks to the great stream chuckwurt uploaded to YT with the camera in the players position - but I’m hesitating because I 100% need the UV kit and can’t find it in stock anywhere, and I’ve also heard they’ve been on back order for a while now.

I’m in London but would pay to ship from Europe or the States if I could find one - does anyone know of anywhere with stock?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.