IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 449.
#5651 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah KISS and GB were complete and just got reworks way down the road.

Game of Thrones got a pretty extensive rework like what 2.5-3 years after it came out? Finally fixed at least one major exploit.

#5652 3 years ago

Yeah. That game was complete. They just decided to revisit it.

#5653 3 years ago

Quick question

Love how the demagorgin shakes on the LE specially tied to the sound effects.

Is there a mechanism that shakes the demagorgin or is it just the effect of the shaker motor shaking the game.

If it’s just the shaker motor I’m thinking about adding it to my game

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Quick question
Love how the demagorgin shakes on the LE specially tied to the sound effects.
Is there a mechanism that shakes the demagorgin or is it just the effect of the shaker motor shaking the game.
If it’s just the shaker motor I’m thinking about adding it to my game

There’s an up post that fires and hits a plate that shakes the demo. Think Star Trek and the ship.

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s an up post that fires and hits a plate that shakes the demo. Think Star Trek and the ship.

Damn! I figured so. Definitely a cool effect!

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah KISS and GB were complete and just got reworks way down the road.

i'm often with you, but about GB it was not, and (from "players" POV) it still needs works...

#5657 3 years ago

Every game still needs work. Have to call it at some point. Warts n all.

#5658 3 years ago

I thought I had my orbit returns, kick out, and TK lock dialed in...but I don't. I moved my game out of the row to adjust things and now that I've returned it to the lineup spot, the orbits are still mostly good, but the kickout and TK lock don't work right any more. I guess I'll try to adjust in place this time? Is this what I should expect? Will these 2 things be finicky forever, or did I just not get it right?

Hey, at least I got the game rocking a bit and put up a new GC score on my game. I'm totally out of touch. Is this even a good score on the current code? I felt like I was crushing a few things, but flubbed more than a few opportunities.

20201001_205025 (resized).jpg20201001_205025 (resized).jpg
#5659 3 years ago

a billion is more than a 15 minute game. My best is only 100 mil less than yours and included all demogorgon modes and both total isolation multiballs. Only steps after are to the season wizard modes where once complete will at least double your score. I'd say that's a good game as there is not much more in the way of points until you get rocking in the wizard modes.

I do hope Stern nerfs the telekinesis bonus as going that route is not fun IMHO. I much prefer playing the modes.

IMG_20200923_000527794 (resized).jpgIMG_20200923_000527794 (resized).jpg
#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

or did I just not get it right?

This. Remember the kickout isn’t supposed to go around the burn it back loop so that’s just always going to be an adjustment you can make and get it going pretty good but never perfect. I’ve had to adjust mine a few times in 1500 plays to keep it going around the loop.

The TK lock came out of adjustment on my game a few times until I put blue lock tite on the screws that hold the TK diverter mech to the back board. Haven’t had to touch it since and it’s been perfect.

#5661 3 years ago

I think the armor looks really good on the Premium, personally.

56D635CB-A8AC-49D7-A5CD-288288B009C9 (resized).jpeg56D635CB-A8AC-49D7-A5CD-288288B009C9 (resized).jpeg
#5662 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think the armor looks really good on the Premium, personally.

That's one crazy neon Godzilla burning buildings thing you've got going on back there!!

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That's one crazy neon Godzilla burning buildings thing you've got going on back there!!

http://elephanteater.com/15294/godzilla-neon#comments

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

a billion is more than a 15 minute game. My best is only 100 mil less than yours and included all demogorgon modes and both total isolation multiballs. Only steps after are to the season wizard modes where once complete will at least double your score. I'd say that's a good game as there is not much more in the way of points until you get rocking in the wizard modes.
I do hope Stern nerfs the telekinesis bonus as going that route is not fun IMHO. I much prefer playing the modes. [quoted image]

Whats your strategy to get this? Go after modes or Demogorgan?

#5665 3 years ago

To maximize score you want to do well in certain modes (quarter hunt, save will, and Mirkwood), and maximizing your time in TK multiball as well as having really good to total isolation modes.

Also, you really need to make sure you maximize your opportunities in the demogorgon modes. If you can’t make the demo mouth consistently, those modes won’t be worth really anything though. If you can make the mouth consistently, practice those modes a lot.

If you can make it through both total isolation modes that’s a guaranteed billion points pretty much.

#5666 3 years ago

I don’t think I’ve gotten it in the Demogorgon’s mouth more than 3-4 times total.

My high score is like 235mil so maybe I’m just awful at it. lol.

#5667 3 years ago

THIS (hilarious because it isn't me) clip demonstrates exactly why I made the flipper coil cooling kits, and why Stranger Things, specifically was the Rosetta Stone into the problem:

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingConsiderateGoblinShazBotstix

Stern mid-game flipper fade is a real thing for Stern Spike 2. Some are worse than others, but Stranger Things has the hottest coils of all the machines I've tested so far, but even without the temp gauge, you can FEEL the fade 15-20 minutes into playing.

#5668 3 years ago

Haha. I sent Joel a message after seeing this and was like, dude you need flipper fans. Haha

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I don’t think I’ve gotten it in the Demogorgon’s mouth more than 3-4 times total.

The demo shot is borderline impossible on most games. One of the unfortunate realities of this game. If you mess with it a bit you might be able to get it better. Lots of games seem to be different, so there isn’t a one size fits all fix for the demo shot unfortunately.

On mine, I have it so with practice you can make it at will.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THIS (hilarious because it isn't me) clip demonstrates exactly why I made the flipper coil cooling kits, and why Stranger Things, specifically was the Rosetta Stone into the problem:
https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingConsiderateGoblinShazBotstix
Stern mid-game flipper fade is a real thing for Stern Spike 2. Some are worse than others, but Stranger Things has the hottest coils of all the machines I've tested so far, but even without the temp gauge, you can FEEL the fade 15-20 minutes into playing.

I ordered and installed the flipper cooling kits... there is something wrong with them... I can only get to about $200,000,000.

JK, I love them. Great quality and easy to install.

Anyone know of a pinball coach that wants to fly out to Reno? I’m going to wear out my LE at the rate I’m going.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The demo shot is borderline impossible on most games.

Both on my pro as well as the premium on location here in town if I cradle up I can hit it consistently (I'm an average player so it's probably one of the only things I'm consistent on in this game). But definitely enough reports that however that mech is built it is not consistent from pin to the next. Mine was a very early pro too so I can't even blame later improvements to the mech.

#5672 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Mine was the same way for a very long time. I took some slo mo video and saw that the ball was hitting consistently low so I reduced the height of the demogorgon and that resolved my problem on my machine. I detailed the fix I did earlier in the thread. Stern also has a replacement ramp kit for early models that may resolve it. Reach out to stern cause even non-pinball friends of mine hit the demo shot regularly on my machine after fixing it.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine was the same way for a very long time. I took some slo mo video and saw that the ball was hitting consistently low so I reduced the height of the demogorgon and that resolved my problem on my machine. I detailed the fix I did earlier in the thread. Stern also has a replacement ramp kit for early models that may resolve it. Reach out to stern cause even non-pinball friends of mine hit the demo shot regularly on my machine after fixing it.

Thanks. I may need to look into that.

#5674 3 years ago

Yeah it seems some miss low and other miss high. So obviously two different solutions depending on your specific issue.

#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Whats your strategy to get this? Go after modes or Demogorgan?

The funny thing is I generally go with the flow. Because you can't choose modes that makes a firm strategy difficult. It is true that quarter hunt is the most lucrative if you can get to it with a multiballs and 2x playfield multiplier. Worth a lot. Otherwise I go for demogorgon as it becomes available usually focusing on getting the first three season modes done for extra ball and the the burn it back for the second one.

The second demogorgon can be incredibly lucrative if you can hit the demogorgon in the mouth. It can be worth more than 140 mil. Third one, with a fixed demo, is worth 60-90 mil. Then maximize tk multiballs for the bonus potential on the way to total isolation one and two. I usually focus on the extra balls early on tho cause going for those get you well on the way to total isolation 1.

That's my non tournament strategy right now anyway on my pro. In a tournament or league I'd go for multiballs.

#5676 3 years ago

Not sure if I can get this to work anywhere on the pin, but thought I’d let y’all know there’s a Demo ornament on Hallmark’s website.

67930EF8-4711-412A-BF0B-9FDEDCE55E2E (resized).png67930EF8-4711-412A-BF0B-9FDEDCE55E2E (resized).png
#5677 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I sent Joel a message after seeing this and was like, dude you need flipper fans. Haha

He was nice enough to clip it out for me. Made me laugh. I felt his pain.

#5678 3 years ago

Any of you Premium owners out there that haven't rated the game yet, it only needs one more rating to make the top 100. I just added mine.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it seems some miss low and other miss high. So obviously two different solutions depending on your specific issue.

I can fairly consistently hit it from a cradle on the left flipper. Almost never from the right. In your opinion, is it worth messing with it to try to get both flippers consistent, or leave well enough alone and be happy to have one? I'm not sure if most people can get it from both or just one. I have heard a few people mention right is easier than left, which mine is the exact opposite of. Last thing I want to do is make it worse, LOL!

#5681 3 years ago

I would try and get it so it’s possible from both flippers. Mine can be made from both. It’s middle of the left flipper and early on the right.

It’s a pain in the butt to take the mech apart and unfortunately no guarantees on what you try to do will work. I just got lucky and it only took me one try to get it right.

#5682 3 years ago

Mine is easier from the left but totally makeable from the right. About 3/4 flipper on the left and 1/4 on the right. I refused to mess with mine until the ramp kits came out. They did not help mine and actually made it worse. So I took slomo video with my phone. If yours is hitting consistently low from both flippers then I recommend reducing the height of the demogorgon. I also took out the post on the one way gate in front of the demo as it would not let it sit forward enough to allow the ball to enter. It should take a careful shot but not one that is unmakeable. The game is so much more fun when you can make the shot reliably.

#5683 3 years ago

All these new posts I missed in the last couple days and I was convinced there was either new code released or a topper confirmation.

Damn.

#5684 3 years ago

I had my 75 year old mother over today and she wanted to play some pinball. She likes playing but is the epitome of a noob. She literally says she doesn't understand how you aim the ball (I'm too busy just trying to keep the ball alive, I can't think about aiming). Nevertheless she got the first demogorgon and nailed it in the mouth, first shot. It was awesome!

#5685 3 years ago

PinMonk my fans arrived last week. Great packaging, instructions, and the secret bonus item (don't want to spoil it for others) was nice too.

Tomorrow I got a call with Stern planned to finally get the right Premium UV kit, art blades, the shooter rod, and a shaker. Once all that arrives I'm giving this game a major enema, a tk multi-ball dial in, and then a proper second chance.

Hopefully we hear about the topper soon.

#5686 3 years ago

Here's my prediction: complete code + topper= season 4 premier. What's another 4 month wait?

#5687 3 years ago

Season 4 comes out in 4 months? Hell yeah!

#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Here's my prediction: complete code + topper= season 4 premier. What's another 4 month wait?

I thought they were still filming?

#5689 3 years ago

Seems weird to come out in February though.

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems weird to come out in February though.

Not if it sucks. I thought it was originally slated for this month.

#5691 3 years ago

So if season 4 sucks they are going to release it in February? If it’s good they will release it later? Haha. I guess I’m hoping for later then.

#5692 3 years ago

Last I read, it’s summer 2021 and that’s if we’re lucky. They are currently filming it now.

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So if season 4 sucks they are going to release it in February? If it’s good they will release it later? Haha. I guess I’m hoping for later then.

That show usually comes out in October for Halloween. February is the dumping ground for movies...I figured maybe they pushed it back for the same reason. And how are they filming it now if they showed that short preview of the sheriff in a Russian prison doing prison labor? (Which is starting to get beyond ridiculous, btw...just leave the guy dead already.)

Going to start rewatching the series this week...

#5694 3 years ago

I figured since Netflix and Stern have their fingers on the pulse of this pinside thread, we could encourage them to release before July 2021 or Winter 2021 and maybe we might get that code and topper a little earlier. I've read the new season takes place during the winter, so February might just work. Valentine's day?

#5695 3 years ago

I agree the next season will release in a similar period as previous seasons. Oct timeframe.

And the game will be complete way before that.

#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought they were still filming?

I hope they can avoid including stuff that defies logic in the next season... I'm not talking about the stuff that's supposed to defy logic, I mean the stuff that isn't... like the egg that suddenly changes density when they add salt to water
What annoys me is that they clearly believe that by making the egg just float (as it should when the water density reaches the egg density by adding the salt) the audience won't get it, so they have to demonstrate that the egg is really really floating by making it stand proudly on the water... therefore preferring something that's physically impossible to something that's matching reality, because we're so stupid that we won't know whats going on unless the egg bobs on the water like a ping pong ball...

#5697 3 years ago

I believe they had released the shows around what holiday was in that season. Season 2 - Halloween
Season 3 - 4th of July
And I thought 4 was going to be around Christmas.

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree the next season will release in a similar period as previous seasons. Oct timeframe.
And the game will be complete way before that.

Season 1 came out July 15
Season 2 was October 27
Season 3 was July 4

It will be out next summer if we are lucky and realistically we are looking at more of a Christmas 2021 release and possible Christmas themed season if you take clues from the last episode.

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I believe they had released the shows around what holiday was in that season. Season 2 - Halloween
Season 3 - 4th of July
And I thought 4 was going to be around Christmas.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks!

#5700 3 years ago

Just got a great game in. Once everything is dialed in, it sings when played. I hit burn it back 5 times in a row for my 5-way combo. That ranks like #3 best moments. Child #1 and #2 just edge burn it back combo for best life moments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/114?hl=timmmmyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.