IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 449.
#5601 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I posted a video describing it yesterday or the day before. Scroll up.
It’s not really guaranteed to be able to get it to go around 100% of the time, but should be able to get it pretty consistent. Might have to mess with it for a while.

I just made the saucer adjustment per your video (and had to bump up the power a bit) and the ball is consistently going about the loop. Great tip...thank you.

#5602 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has nothing to do with the drop targets. If the saucer hits the drop targets as intended, great. That’s awesome. I prefer it to go around the loop.

I think we might be speaking on cross purposes... I would also prefer it to go round the loop (if fixed), but if my proposed mod were to miraculously get implemented so the saucer rotates, then aiming at the drops during upside-down would be just as beneficial as aiming at them from the flippers (I believe)... and when not in upside down, aim at the bib loop... since my proposed mod won't be implemented, however, it's not an option anyway, therefore a permanent aim at the bib loop is, as we both agree, the best option

#5603 3 years ago

Once you get your game and play it bunch, report back. I’m interested to hear your thoughts after getting good time on it.

But the upside down mode that uses the drops is really not worth that much once you get good at the game.

#5604 3 years ago

The second upside down with ramps and orbits is worth more, yes?

#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The second upside down with ramps and orbits is worth more, yes?

Yep. If you do it perfectly it’s worth around 80-90mm. Drops mode maxes out at 30mm

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. If you do it perfectly it’s worth around 80-90mm. Drops mode maxes out at 30mm

This game is so very fun. Can’t understand all the negative reviews.

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This game is so very fun. Can’t understand all the negative reviews.

The art wasn’t what people wanted. The layout wasn’t what people wanted. The code was basic basic day 1 like guardians, so not very appealing. Then covid hit before anyone could play the newest code.

Just like GOT, it’s gonna be a game that is super solid, but largely people won’t care about it.

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m interested to hear your thoughts after getting good time on it.

Me too! That reminds me, must order me a set of Pin Monk's coil fans so I can put some serious play time on this beast

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The art wasn’t what people wanted. The layout wasn’t what people wanted. The code was basic basic day 1 like guardians, so not very appealing. Then covid hit before anyone could play the newest code.
Just like GOT, it’s gonna be a game that is super solid, but largely people won’t care about it.

AGREEEEEEEEED.

#5610 3 years ago

I was playing an LE a few weekends ago and I swear that when I hit the demogorgon the shaker would shake. When I hit the demo on my machine, I don't feel anything. Was I imagining things? The shaker seems to work in other parts of the game, I'm running the latest code. Any thoughts?

#5611 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I was playing an LE a few weekends ago and I swear that when I hit the demogorgon the shaker would shake. When I hit the demo on my machine, I don't feel anything. Was I imagining things? The shaker seems to work in other parts of the game, I'm running the latest code. Any thoughts?

Well the actual demogorgon shakes on the Prem/LE but not on the Pro, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well the actual demogorgon shakes on the Prem/LE but not on the Pro, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Maybe so. My wife seems to remember the shaker activating when he got hit, as well as the demo shaking himself. Could have been wishful thinking as well Just wanted to make sure.

#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Think you nailed it.

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you read through this whole post? I added a ton more recently. Need to do more than just the pdf. There are things you need to do a tad differently than the pdf too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

Update:

chuckwurt Sorry for the late reply again, haven't had much time to work on the mech.

I've got the diverter working pretty well now. I'd say about 90% are locking appropriately. I've been using a digital caliper depth gauge to get the measurement from the end of the diverter to the back wall. The measurement that is working the best for me is .790 inches.

Also lubed the rubber washer pivot with zoom spout oil, even though the pivot wasn't rough. I'm not sure if it was the precise measurement or the lube that helped the most though.

We additionally installed the flipper coil fans from pinmonk and the kit was very nice with clear instructions. Well done PinMonk !

Now that the mech is working pretty well, the enjoyment factor of the game is definitely up! The game is finicky to set up for sure, but so worth it once it's all clicking. Thanks for all the tips, suggestions and advice!

#5615 3 years ago

New code?

#5616 3 years ago

None yet. Supposed to get one in September and it’s late.

#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Supposed to get one in September

2020?

#5619 3 years ago

Mikey Wants Code! Mikey Wants Topper!

#5620 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I connected a sub woofer to my LE, big difference when playing. Polk 10" for $129. Best mod I have.

#5621 3 years ago

Your reaction when: the topper is revealed and it's a life size Eggo

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

None yet. Supposed to get one in September and it’s late.

2020 strikes yet again

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I connected a sub woofer to my LE, big difference when playing. Polk 10" for $129. Best mod I have.

Where can I get this? The sounds on this thing are awesome and I want to make the most of it... do you simply add the sub woofer or do you need some additional amplification?

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Where can I get this? The sounds on this thing are awesome and I want to make the most of it... do you simply add the sub woofer or do you need some additional amplification?

As long as it's an amplified sub you can just alligator clip speaker wires off of the cabinet speaker to the high level input on back of sub.

#5625 3 years ago

Amazon sells the sub(PSW10). I soldered the wires to the existing sub(you can alligator clip them) and ran the wire under the screen for the vents in the back. Everything is removable.

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Amazon sells the sub(PSW10). I soldered the wires to the existing sub(you can alligator clip them) and ran the wire under the screen for the vents in the back. Everything is removable.

Where did you put the sub? Inside the cab, or outside? I guess outside would make more sense... a couple of pics would be cool!

#5627 3 years ago

Where did you put the sub? Inside the cab, or outside? I guess outside would make more sense... a couple of pics would be cool!

It’s a powered sub you would use for a home theater system. It goes under the game.

1F615536-2764-4A42-BAFC-EDA1F927A767 (resized).jpeg1F615536-2764-4A42-BAFC-EDA1F927A767 (resized).jpeg
#5628 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a powered sub you would use for a home theater system. It goes under the game.

I'm going to get myself an early Christmas present!

#5629 3 years ago

Get this too. It allows a clean install of the sub. You can solder or alligator clip speaker wire onto the game’s sub, but this is cheap and allows a clean hookup. Comes with everything you need.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#5630 3 years ago

I want new code.

#5631 3 years ago

On the subject of improving/pimping the sound on this game, are there any other recommendations in addition to adding a sub woofer, or is it the case that the stock speakers (backbox and cab) are good enough to not need changing/improving?

#5632 3 years ago

On the subject of improving/pimping the sound on this game, are there any other recommendations in addition to adding a sub woofer, or is it the case that the stock speakers (backbox and cab) are good enough to not need changing/improving?

There are a couple people here that got PinWoofer for their game. lodgingdolphin for his LE, and one other person for their pro.

I’ll let them chime in, but I’ve used Pinwoofer before and it’s amazing if you want upgraded speakers and added amplification.

But I just have the powered sub on my LE and I think it’s plenty good. Definitely get that at a minimum. The game feels soulless without it.

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I want new code.

Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine

There.

#5634 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are a couple people here that got pinwoofer for their game. lodgingdolphin for his LE, and one other person for their pro.
I’ll let them chime in, but I’ve used Pinwoofer before and it’s amazing if you want upgraded speakers and added amplification.
But I just have the powered sub on my LE and I think it’s plenty good. Definitely get that at a minimum. The game feels soulless without it.

The external sub or pinwoofer are both great options. I have pin woofer on my POTC and Jurassic Park and its awesome. My stranger things and deadpool are connected to the same subwoofer. The external is less money and you can connect multiple pins to one sub with the right connections.
Dan at Pinwoofer is awesome. He will do whatever he can to make sure you are set up properly and happy. Great guy.

#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine
There.

Great. It’s just a crummy commercial.

#5636 3 years ago

It’s amazing that I watch that movie off and on all day every Christmas and I’m still not sick of it.

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are a couple people here that got pinwoofer for their game. lodgingdolphin for his LE, and one other person for their pro.

I upgraded my pro backbox speakers to the kenwoods that the le uses and added the pinwoofer kit. The amps are a must to push the speakers! Love my setup!

#5638 3 years ago

I’m not mad about the code not coming out yet but the lack of communication disappoints me. Stern came out and said the code was gonna be out by the end of September. Why if they knew it wasn’t gonna be ready inform us that to expect a delay!

#5639 3 years ago

We waited over a year for the GB code....so
I wouldn't be outraged just yet

#5640 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

We waited over a year for the GB code....so
I wouldn't be outraged just yet

Not outraged just disappointed in the lack of communication

#5641 3 years ago

I'd rather they release it when they think it's ready then release it with a ton of bugs. Fact is the last few releases were mainly the season wizard modes which I have not even seen yet.

#5642 3 years ago

There were a few pretty big bugs sent to them for the current software too. Not sure if those are hard to squash or what, but weird behavior after the wizard modes and the game still freezes and resets in certain cases.

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'd rather they release it when they think it's ready then release it with a ton of bugs. Fact is the last few releases were mainly the season wizard modes which I have not even seen yet.

Agree... Give us the best even if it takes a little longer. I haven't even come close to the final showdown yet. The game is really challenging.

#5644 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I’m with you I just wish they would have let us as consumers know what’s going on instead of keeping us on a string. It wasn’t too hard to post about the intended release, would have been just as easy to post about a delay.

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’m with you I just wish they would have let us as consumers know what’s going on instead of keeping us on a string. It wasn’t too hard to post about the intended release, would have been just as easy to post about a delay.

They post once a month about code, this is MUCH better then the past. I went through the Kiss and Ghostbusters code debacle, I can deal with this. New code every couple weeks seems pretty damn good.

#5646 3 years ago

Pinwoofer on stranger things sounds great. I have a buddy that noticed the difference right away and now he wants to get it for his game. I also have the same set up in my Elvira but the difference is more noticeable on stranger things.

#5647 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They post once a month about code, this is MUCH better then the past. I went through the Kiss and Ghostbusters code debacle, I can deal with this. New code every couple weeks seems pretty damn good.

It’s fantastic and what they said they were going to do. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect communication when that’s not going to happen though.

#5648 3 years ago

Will sound effects be added for slingshot hits?

#5649 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

KISS and Ghostbusters was NOTHING. 18 months of a box of lights for Batman '66 was the WORST code debacle of recent Sterns.

#5650 3 years ago

Yeah KISS and GB were complete and just got reworks way down the road.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/113?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.