IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 449.
#5551 3 years ago

Stern made lockdown bars for KISS? Was that the only time they did that?

#5552 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern made lockdown bars for KISS? Was that the only time they did that?

Kiss set was nine pieces. Two rails, lockdown bar, backbox hinges and legs. Think they did a similar set for walking dead at the time.

#5553 3 years ago

Hey guys, I just joined the club a few days ago with a Premium. This is my first contemporary Stern since STLE and I'm diggin' it so far. However, my game seems to need a lot of tweaking, namely on the ball returns to the flipper area. Can someone list where the ball is supposed to go when it returns from each of the lanes, and whether that should be different depending on the ball speed?

For example, if I shoot the lane to the right of the drops:
- if the shot wasn't hard enough, the ball rolls back down that lane, hits the demo dog target at the ramp entrance and bounces to the left flipper. Is this right?
- if you make the shot at normal speed, the ball returns down the left orbit to the left flipper (seems normal)
- if you make the shot and the ball is travelling fast, it goes SDTM every time (obviously does not seem normal)

Additionally, ALL balls returning from the pops down the right "orbit" roll into the side of the demo dog target and cascade to the left of the game, typically the left slingshot, but sometimes the in/outlane (neither of these seem normal)

Aside from all that, I also need to try adjusting the telekinesis lock, it rarely works. Does the adjustment in the key post from this thread make it reliable?

Also, I installed the UV kit, which is amazing! Are any of the side art options UV reactant? I like the artwork on a couple of them (namely the forest looking one and the xmas light one) but I would strongly prioritize getting one is enhanced by the UV.

Anything else I should look for or consider adjusting?

THANKS!

#5554 3 years ago

Does anyone else notice that the center button on the lockdown bar doesn't light up except during attract mode? Or is it just once you have the Stern shooter installed (I have one)? Or is there something wrong with my machine? The light clearly works, but I thought it flashed when a ball was in the shooter lane and it doesn't anymore. Is that a recent code update thing? I can't recall when it started and it's driving me nuts.

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

- if the shot wasn't hard enough, the ball rolls back down that lane, hits the demo dog target at the ramp entrance and bounces to the left flipper. Is this right?

Yep.

Quoted from Cheeks:

- if you make the shot at normal speed, the ball returns down the left orbit to the left flipper (seems normal)

Yep

Quoted from Cheeks:

- if you make the shot and the ball is travelling fast, it goes SDTM every time (obviously does not seem normal)

Not normal. A shot should never go SDTM from the burn it back loop. Should be a repeatable shot no matter how fast it goes around. MAYBE if the spinner is sitting a certain way, it could make the ball go off kilter, but should be rare.

I suggest adjusting the left orbit guide to maybe improve this.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Additionally, ALL balls returning from the pops down the right "orbit" roll into the side of the demo dog target and cascade to the left of the game, typically the left slingshot, but sometimes the in/outlane (neither of these seem normal)

Watch this video.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Aside from all that, I also need to try adjusting the telekinesis lock, it rarely works. Does the adjustment in the key post from this thread make it reliable?

Yes. Make sure to follow it exactly. It’s hard to get it right (took me months of tweaking), but it should fix it.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Also dont think I'm a fan of a picture on top of a picture on the Stranger Things side rails. Looks a bit busy

That's what puts me off them.

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep.

Yep

Not normal. A shot should never go SDTM from the burn it back loop. Should be a repeatable shot no matter how fast it goes around. MAYBE if the spinner is sitting a certain way, it could make the ball go off kilter, but should be rare.

Watch this video.

Yes. Make sure to follow it exactly. It’s hard to get it right (took me months of tweaking), but it should fix it.

I can attest to the TK lock frustration.Main points to make sure you have correct are sliding the ramp as far forward as possible,Having the ball rail guide as close to the ball without pinching it and height of the rail guide. chuckwurt explains it to a T. Once it’s dialed in with a good shot should lock consistently. Good luck and enjoy! Great pin!!

#5558 3 years ago

If the Stern side armour would be like this I'd be more tempted.

20200929_110721 (resized).jpg20200929_110721 (resized).jpg20200929_110742 (resized).jpg20200929_110742 (resized).jpg
#5559 3 years ago

Not sure why the artist put 'PALACE' above 'ARCADE' though...

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Hey guys, I just joined the club a few days ago with a Premium. This is my first contemporary Stern since STLE and I'm diggin' it so far. However, my game seems to need a lot of tweaking, namely on the ball returns to the flipper area. Can someone list where the ball is supposed to go when it returns from each of the lanes, and whether that should be different depending on the ball speed?
For example, if I shoot the lane to the right of the drops:
Also, I installed the UV kit, which is amazing! Are any of the side art options UV reactant? I like the artwork on a couple of them (namely the forest looking one and the xmas light one) but I would strongly prioritize getting one is enhanced by the UV.
Anything else I should look for or consider adjusting?
THANKS!

Another key thing to make sure is aligned properly is the left saucer eject. It should knock down the right drop everytime it’s up and should also go through the burn it back loop when the target is down. Make sure the metal diverter is aligned properly above the eject. I turned the power up on mine to make sure it makes it all the way around the bib loop more consistently.

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep.

Yep

Watch this video.

Definitely watch this video. Makes for a way more enjoyable playing experience. I did find on my Premium that the washer he’s talking about possibly changed to a harder plastic one so if you have a later model that shouldn’t be an issue.

#5562 3 years ago

You should also consider PinMonk cooling fans for ST to keep the flipper power at peak performance on extended plays. Makes a big difference for consistent TK locks.

#5563 3 years ago

New code today or tomorrow?? Can't wait for this update.

#5565 3 years ago

Just got my LE this weekend and almost have it all set up! Is there a rule sheet somewhere? I can't seem to find one, or is there no official rule sheet because code isn't finished?

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Just got my LE this weekend and almost have it all set up! Is there a rule sheet somewhere? I can't seem to find one, or is there no official rule sheet because code isn't finished?

Always search tilt forums for rulesheets. The community does a good job of keeping them up to date and they are wikified so anyone can update them.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/63

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Always search tilt forums for rulesheets. The community does a good job of keeping them up to date and they are wikified so anyone can update them.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/63

Great, thank you!

#5568 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Not sure why the artist put 'PALACE' above 'ARCADE' though...

A lot of the promotional material out there has it this way, I guess it’s more relatable than the plain arcade sign seen in the show.

E088A308-9607-40BB-A4C6-84EEA93077CC (resized).pngE088A308-9607-40BB-A4C6-84EEA93077CC (resized).png
#5569 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

A lot of the promotional material out there has it this way, I guess it’s more relatable than the plain arcade sign seen in the show.

I'm a bit lost... I thought the plain sign in the show WAS the reference point and therefore the relatable design... apart from promotional items that have 'PALACE' above 'ARCADE', where does the 'PALACE' part come from? I'm clearly missing something...

#5570 3 years ago

I'm a bit lost... I thought the plain sign in the show WAS the reference point and therefore the relatable design... apart from promotional items that have 'PALACE' above 'ARCADE', where does the 'PALACE' part come from? I'm clearly missing something...

It's on the building.

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's on the building.

Thanks, I missed that when watching the show... So 'promotional items people' decided to combine the two signs to make something that wasn't in the series as a sales technique... I'm in the category of not being impressed with that myself, preferring something that reflects more accurately what was depicted... I guess I'm in a minority on that one if the marketing people got it right

#5572 3 years ago

Thanks, I missed that when watching the show... So 'promotional items people' decided to combine the two signs to make something that wasn't in the series as a sales technique... I'm in the category of not being impressed with that myself, preferring something that reflects more accurately what was depicted... I guess I'm in a minority in that one if the marketing people got it right

As I recall, it's only seen in a handful of establishing arcade exterior shots total in the whole season, and usually as a "blink and you'll miss it" thing. So the confusion is understandable. I think the plain Arcade sign without it looks better, too.

#5573 3 years ago

Looking at that 34" x 22" poster showing the reflection of the 4 guys looking at the hi-scores on Dig Dug, the high score is 'MAX'... bearing in mind that particular episode was called 'Madmax' it's kinda sloppy to mess that up!! They even got the top 4 high-scores correct, but not the main point!!

Thinking about it, it could be a result of insane political correctness!! Maybe they cut out the word 'MAD' because it is insensitive to those who suffer from mental illness!! If that's the case, then that is the true madness!!

#5574 3 years ago

Thanks, I missed that when watching the show... So 'promotional items people' decided to combine the two signs to make something that wasn't in the series as a sales technique... I'm in the category of not being impressed with that myself, preferring something that reflects more accurately what was depicted... I guess I'm in a minority on that one if the marketing people got it right

Not to dominate the thread with this, but the palace arcade moniker isn’t something people just came up with. It’s on the workers shirt in the episode too, and this is the same logo that’s used on most items. Matter of fact I own this shirt myself.

38178712-CBA7-4A94-AFC5-C54099573901 (resized).jpeg38178712-CBA7-4A94-AFC5-C54099573901 (resized).jpeg
#5575 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Matter of fact I own this shirt myself.

I can sense a Christmas gift for my daughter! Thanks for the tip!

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Yep.

Watch this video.

@chuckwurt, what menu setting are you in when running those tests in the video?

#5577 3 years ago

We’re still looking for a big announcement today, right?

#5578 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

We’re still looking for a big announcement today, right?

Hoping. Nothing to support it, but just hoping as the stern address at the beginning of the month said lookout for a code update later in the month. The month is over today, so hopefully today. Haha

#5579 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

chuckwurt, what menu setting are you in when running those tests in the video?

Go into diagnostics and then switch test. It lets you use the flippers and all the coils and switches.

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep.

Yep

Watch this video.

Thanks for all this! The fact that the ball is supposed to go around the loop from the kickout blew my mind. Mine crashes into the right 2 drops. I asked about where all the lanes should return to and it never occurred to me the kickout might not be right as well.

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Thanks for all this! The fact that the ball is supposed to go around the loop from the kickout blew my mind. Mine crashes into the right 2 drops. I asked about where all the lanes should return to and it never occurred to me the kickout might not be right as well.

I think by design it actually is supposed to hit the drops - Chuckwurt explains this in one of his videos or streams I believe.

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I think by design it actually is supposed to hit the drops - Chuckwurt explains this in one of his videos or streams I believe.

Oh. The adjustment video he linked to shows it kicking around the loop (if the far right drop is down).

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The fact that the ball is supposed to go around the loop from the kickout blew my mind. Mine crashes into the right 2 drops.

Was it the idea of Stern's that this is where the ball is supposed to go, or is it a case of that's the best place to tune the kickout to send it so the player gets the best benefit and flow? I imagined Stern just put a kickout there and weren't to concerned with exactly where the ball went...

#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Oh. The adjustment video he linked to shows it kicking around the loop (if the far right drop is down).

Right, yes I know that; all I meant was that in one of his videos I believe he mentioned that the designer actually intended it to hit the drops but he adjusted his to the burn it back loop to make something better out of the shot I think. No big deal I just remember it.

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Right, yes I know that; all I meant was that in one of his videos I believe he mentioned that the designer actually intended it to hit the drops but he adjusted his to the burn it back loop to make something better out of the shot I think. No big deal I just remember it.

Hell, I'm not above "fair" cheating, so once I saw that, I was gonna adjust it that way regardless.

#5586 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The fact that the ball is supposed to go around the loop from the kickout blew my mind.

It’s not. Eddy designed it to hit the drops. It’s more fun to make it go around the loop though. Haha

#5587 3 years ago

I imagined Stern just put a kickout there and weren't to concerned with exactly where the ball went...

Nope. Eddy wanted it to hit the drops so you had an option other than hitting them directly.

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Eddy wanted it to hit the drops so you had an option other than hitting them directly.

Crazy idea for a modder... have a motor and cam that turns the kickout back and forth which is triggered by the ball entering the kickout (using a 2nd switch?), disable the game's activation of the kickout solenoid and have a 2nd switch under the lockbar button that fires that solenoid instead, only allowed when the 2nd switch in the kickout is closed... obviously not for a location game 'cos the ball could stay there 'till ball search starts, and eventually will serve another ball, but for a home setting could be a great mod... probably too far-fetched...

#5589 3 years ago

But there’s only one fun direction for the ball to go, and that’s the burn it back loop. Haha

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But there’s only one fun direction for the ball to go, and that’s the burn it back loop. Haha

Then you can aim for that... but during 'upside-down' the drops are preferable, no?

#5591 3 years ago

Then you can aim for that... but during 'upside-down' the drops are preferable, no?

Never. Haha. Burn it back is always working you towards something way better. EBs, outlane save, 2x playfield.

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is the correct answer.

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never. Haha. Burn it back is always working you towards something way better. EBs, outlane save, 2x playfield.

Mmmm, that's kind of a bit... odd... so you're saying that during upside-down the best thing to do is not what the mode is encouraging you to do, but to avoid the drops and shoot for burn it back? Wouldn't that kind of take away the upside-down 'mode'?

#5594 3 years ago

Mmmm, that's kind of a bit... odd... so you're saying that during upside-down the best thing to do is not what the mode is encouraging you to do, but to avoid the drops and shoot for burn it back?

No. I’m saying when the ball hits the saucer during upside down, I want it to go into the burn it back loop.

I’ll shoot the drops from the flippers in the upside down as I’ve gotten good at hitting two of them at a time safely.

The drops are kind of a sucker shot unless you hit them carefully.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. I’m saying when the ball hits the saucer during upside down, I want it to go into the burn it back loop.
I’ll shoot the drops from the flippers in the upside down as I’ve gotten good at hitting two of them at a time safely.
The drops are kind of a sucker shot unless you hit them carefully.

I have gotten to where I try to hit the very edges of the outside of the left and rightmost drops...don’t get the SDTM kickback and you often ricochet it into those inner orbits, which is always good.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m saying when the ball hits the saucer during upside down, I want it to go into the burn it back loop.

I’ll shoot the drops from the flippers in the upside down as I’ve gotten good at hitting two of them at a time safely

I'm not sure why it's not good to be able to reliably hit two targets at a time from the saucer (which you could if the saucer was moving) but is good to make the same shot from the flippers... are you saying a shot from the saucer is more likely to result in a drain than if hit from the flippers? Don't get me wrong, with a fixed saucer I'd set it up as you recommend... I know the mod will never happen, so it's a mute point anyway... at least it's good to hear that it's worth hitting the drops during upside-down! You got me worried for a moment!

#5597 3 years ago

Haha. You’re not understanding me at all.

I like the saucer to hit the burn it back loop. Always. It’s more fun, and it works towards valuable awards.

It has nothing to do with the drop targets. If the saucer hits the drop targets as intended, great. That’s awesome. I prefer it to go around the loop.

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. You’re not understanding me at all.
I like the saucer to hit the burn it back loop. Always. It’s more fun, and it works towards valuable awards.
It has nothing to do with the drop targets. If the saucer hits the drop targets as intended, great. That’s awesome. I prefer it to go around the loop.

I’m pretty sure I missed it...but is there a way to set the saucer up like that?

Because yeah...I want the ejected ball to rock through that loop every single time.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Because yeah...I want the ejected ball to rock through that loop every single time.

I posted a video describing it yesterday or the day before. Scroll up.

It’s not really guaranteed to be able to get it to go around 100% of the time, but should be able to get it pretty consistent. Might have to mess with it for a while.

#5600 3 years ago

Man I thought we had a code drop

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.